Author Topic: NoTV 2 Mafia (Game Over, Scum and 3rd Party Win)  (Read 66066 times)

Re: NoTV 2 Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2014, 02:19:24 PM »
I shall proceed with the agenda until such a time as when it is no longer valid.
##Vote: ActionDan

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2014, 04:06:24 PM »
I'm glad I'm too much of a good girl to engage in Dormioish talk.
##Vote: NekoNekoRexWhy not? You got something against proven game theory? :V
Don't you mean 'ancient Mafia scumtells that no longer apply'?  :smug:

If I had a vig, I wouldn't be voting him right now.
This makes you sound like your vote is more Blatant OMGUS then falling back on an ancient scumtell.

Also we could go in circles all day with this and I could vote Shadoweh for the same reason, especially since her vote is apparently serious.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2014, 04:15:27 PM »
Votecount

ActionDan:    Zakeri (1)         
CF7:    SB, Raikaria (2)         
Sky_Paladin:    Conqueror (1)         
Dormio:    O4rfish (1)                  
Raikaria:    Dormio (1)         
O4rfish:    Sky_Paladin (1)               
Shadoweh:    Dorian (1)         
NNR:    PX, BT, CF7, Shadoweh (4)         
PX:    Mitsuki, BT, NNR (3)         
Conqueror:    ActionDan (1)         

With 15 people it takes 8 to lynch.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2014, 04:50:48 PM »
Raikaria
And again, like I said last game, if you follow that logic CF7 is also scum.

What did CF7 do that makes you think Dormio is favoring him over you?
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2014, 06:16:03 PM »
Hm... I am not sure that i like Shadoweh's
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

CF7

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2014, 06:18:13 PM »
Wait wait wait.
It wasn't supposed to be sent.
"Hm... I am not sure that i like Shadoweh's vote. I am not really sure about all that n-th person on a wagon, but somehow her i really don't like her vote. Maybe it's because it went after mine."

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2014, 06:29:41 PM »
I would say this is eye-searing but actually, I like it more then the blue <.<
Don't you mean 'ancient Mafia scumtells that no longer apply'?  :smug:
We make fun of this but when it comes to actual lynch wagons it works more often then not. It's too early to be serious about it though. But if you think it'd be scummy for me to seriously vote me over it you can try and turn it around. do you want me baby~?
How does this work CF7? Where did you come up with 33%? You think there's 5 scum in a 15p game? When we know there is a convert later during Night 2?
Either your sense of game balance/humour is totally out of whack or you know something we don't.
He probably meant 1 in 5 or 20%. (last time there were 3 scum with 1 recruit, smug me for figuring that out despite certain Zakeris that didn't believe me). I know I missed the game with the 7 scum so it's not on my mind, but a high scum figure isn't that weird thinking back on the motks. I hope you aren't being serious about this Rairai. :V

CF7: I don't like CF7's either! That would be what I call stupid sheepy thoughts. You sound like you're literally saying you don't like my vote because it was the same as yours. Do you think your vote was bad? (Really it sounds like you're letting the silly nth wagon conversation guide your thoughts despite not being sure about it.)

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

CF7

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2014, 06:48:21 PM »
Do you think your vote was bad?
Sort of. I am concenrned about, that NNR hasn't reacted to it.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2014, 06:57:34 PM »
Sky Paladin, it seems very unlike you to ignore direct questions asked of you.

Re: Dorian;

Don't lynch me.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2014, 07:15:33 PM »
I keep reading Zak's name as Bastard Zakeri.

##Unvote
##Vote: Shadoweh

Her last post has a lot of /words/ but it doesn't look like there are any real opinions forming there and that's kind of weird. I would joke about this being ED1 strong but 48 hour day phases are a thing.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2014, 07:17:36 PM »
What, I'm not allowed to want somebody dead before the game begins?

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2014, 08:11:51 PM »
@Shawoeh: It's too early to be serious about it? I do rather say it's too late to joke around!
It's also kinda cheap to say that ?it? works but not to tell us how it works in this case. So, what has Neko done that's so scummy that doesn't applies to CF7 as well or to a even higher degree to yourself?

I think that I'm happy with where my vote is right now.^^

Is that so? Could you explain that a bit more?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2014, 09:09:07 PM »
Rekt. But for real, policy lynches are pretty lame. Although NNR's responses really aren't too inspiring. Might consider voting.

Thread isn't really too inspiring in general but it's not much more than what I'd expect at this point in the game. D1 sucks, 48 D1s suck more.

Sky probably missed Dorian's question so he should answer it when he next posts.

##Unvote
##Vote: Mitsuki

Was tempted to firebomb a lurker here since they would be prime suspects for scum recruiter but I'll start here. What made you think the vote was serious when the reasons were literally "third on wagon, sheep, m2, etc."?

SB Dorian CF7 are my DAY ONE STRONK town reads.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2014, 09:13:40 PM »
I don't see why I should move my vote off of Raikaria, so I won't.
As mentioned in #47, Raikaria was attempting to shut down discussion and therefore extend the RVS. This is a move that benefits scum much more than town and therefore makes Raikaria more likely to be a member of the scum team.
Raikaria's next post (#55) is unimpressive to put it lightly.
Raikaria, again, attempts to stop discussion. However, this time, he does provide something else which is nice.
Too bad that something else is terrible.
Raikaria makes up a completely bullshit excuse to vote for CF7 before disappearing again.
It's almost like Raikaria is active lurking in order to avoid drawing attention to the fact that he's doing literally nothing.
Oh wait.
No it is indicative of me just waking up and having a job interview to go to so no time to do anything meaningful but wanting to post to avoid 'where's Raikaria'.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2014, 09:31:49 PM »
I think I'm supposed to do that thing where I look at other points of interest like NNR but there isn't really all that much to look at I guess?
I'll just second Conqadour in saying that his latest post doesn't really impress me at all.

Also, PX has done nothing so far which I don't really like but I don't get why some people are using this to vote PX as opposed to the like 8 other people who have also done nothing.
And then I notice that NNR is also one of the people voting PX and it makes me want to make the statement that I would have no qualms switching to NNR right now but feel like voting for Raikaria still.
So I have no qualms switching to NNR but I want to keep my vote on Raikaria for the time being.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2014, 09:38:45 PM »
SB Dorian | CF7

That's where I draw the line

Don't lynch me.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2014, 09:53:50 PM »
##Unvote NekoNekoRex
##Vote Shadoweh

I don't really feel one way or another about NNR. Backing up SB in that Shadoweh's #66 is weak; the CF7 line in particular doesn't read like an honest suspicion when it's somewhere between critic and reasoning it out for him? What's actually bad about what CF7 did? I also can't really find the motivation for her NNR vote.

The other thing that jumps out is Sky's latest post because it's a really convoluted thing to press. Like, is that really what caught your attention?

Yo Dormio, Raikaria does that literally all the time. Last game he did it without having a concrete direction but this time he was pretty transparent about pressing CF7 arbitrarily, so he's probably not scum this time? Meh, mostly pointing this out in case you don't know how meta that argument is on Rai.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2014, 10:00:39 PM »
Is that so?
Maybe I would care if I didn't give a fuck about meta most of the time.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2014, 10:49:23 PM »
Votecount (co-mod edition)

CF7:    Raikaria (1)         
Sky_Paladin:    (0)      
Dormio:    O4rfish (1)                  
Raikaria:    Dormio (1)         
O4rfish:    Sky_Paladin (1)               
Shadoweh:    Dorian, SB, BT (3)         
NNR:    PX, CF7, Shadoweh (3)         
PX:    Mitsuki, NNR (2)         
Conqueror:    ActionDan (1)         
Mitsuki:   Conqueror (1)

With 15 people it takes 8 to lynch.
I made a countdown to End of Day. It might be useful. (Less than 24 hours remain!)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:23:32 AM by Affinity »

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2014, 10:54:51 PM »
Conq, why do you think the recruiter is in the lurkers specifically, and why do you think it's tied to a role? Wouldn't it be a factional thing because of swing reasons if it died before Night 2?

I'm neutral towards Raikaria and NNR atm. Raikaria's posts just read as Raikaria posts rather than anything alignment indicative, and NNR is just kind of inactive but going after inactivity in a 48 hour D1 kind of impossible and I'm not sure why people seem to have paid him more attention in the last few posts?

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2014, 11:05:31 PM »

Initiating Ocular Ducts

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2014, 11:08:48 PM »
I keep thinking Dan is Schezo wtf.

« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2014, 11:09:18 PM »
@Shadoweh: is your PX vote serious or not?

Moderately serious. And why are you so concerned? Is NNR your scumbuddy?

Yes
(I'll actually explain why I asked when Shadoweh answers)

Was tempted to firebomb a lurker here since they would be prime suspects for scum recruiter but I'll start here. What made you think the vote was serious when the reasons were literally "third on wagon, sheep, m2, etc."?

Gut mostly, altough I couldn't tell so I asked. But people are saying they were serious about it so lol
(Obviously I didn't think BT's vote was serious, but I didn't know about the others)

Conqueror

« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2014, 11:22:45 PM »
Conq, why do you think the recruiter is in the lurkers specifically, and why do you think it's tied to a role? Wouldn't it be a factional thing because of swing reasons if it died before Night 2?
Ve: second point is because it was that way in NotV the original. First point is sorta gut plus my logic that follows when assuming the second, since mafia wants to get the recruit out. Although it's true he could have changed the mechanic.

I see where the votes on Shadoweh are coming from but I don't know if I think she's scum. My NNR point from before is probably best summarized the way BT put it. I don't know how I actually feel about lynching NNR, but I would like him to not post passive aggressively.

Meh, I'll see how Mitsuki and Shadoweh follow up.

##Unvote
##Vote Zakeri

Refuge in audacity. No one is buying your policy lynch on Dan, and the way you're pushing it doesn't give me good vibes. What do you think of the other stuff going on?

While we're at it I'd like Dan to mention who his scum reads are. From Dan's past scum games it seems he has trouble bullshitting scum opinions on people and so I want to know where he stands atm. Especially since he's voting me. :V

I have mild gut on Dormio from how he's approaching his Raikaria case but it's nothing I can actually quantify. It'll become clearer over time I anyway, I think.

Bard that votecount is a travesty.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2014, 11:23:44 PM »
I meant to type *Re: not Ve. Words are hard.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2014, 11:25:19 PM »
I did miss Dorian's question. 

Dorian
@Sky: You already assumed a reasone for O4rfishs vote, so what is it that troubles you about the unexplained part?

A few games back, Dormio pegged CF7 (correctly) as scum:  Dormio voted for himself, and CF7 policy voted him for it.  Then Dormio asked if the vote was serious or not, CF7 said semi-serious or something and Dormio made a case on it.  I've seen Mitsuki ask people if their votes are serious twice, which if I hadn't seen Dormio do it successfully before, I would be suspicious of. 

This game we had Dormio OMGUS on to you (Dorian) and Oarfish voted without an explanation.  The explanation is 'obvious' because Dormio hung a lampshade on it.  So I thought that Oarfish's vote was not really a random vote, and his vote was therefore a slightly-serious vote. 

I had also considered voting for NNR because he hadn't made any comment after I tried to dayvig Serela and I thought this lack of regard for your common townsperson was scummy.  Then I discovered Serela wasn't playing so I decided it was null. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2014, 11:43:25 PM »
Bard that votecount is a travesty.

Any errors are completely to blame on Affinity's last votecount, as I just copied that and recorded the events from that point onward.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2014, 12:11:38 AM »
PX

I know, right? 

BT
The other thing that jumps out is Sky's latest post because it's a really convoluted thing to press. Like, is that really what caught your attention?
There were a couple of things but I am trying hard not to shitpost this game, so I'm only focusing on stuff that really stands out.  Raikaria picking on CF7 for an arbitrary number stands out. 

I personally assumed CF7's comment was because Zak said something like, "blah blah blah master" which suggests he's flavor-dropping some character.  I can't actually think off hand what character would say blah blah percent and master in the same sentence, and the vampire girls would never refer to each other as master at any point anyway.  Maybe CF7 could think of three candidates and one of them is in the SDM. 

IIRC there was a vampire in old Gensokyo, but I can't remember her name (was it Elis?) that may have had a maid or something, but I think it's more likely Zak was just crumbing some other character not related to a vampire.  I'm sure this:
"Initiating Ocular Ducts"
has some meaning to somebody but I can't think of it. 

Conq
Was tempted to firebomb a lurker here since they would be prime suspects for scum recruiter but I'll start here.

SB
Conq, why do you think the recruiter is in the lurkers specifically, and why do you think it's tied to a role?

I'm think the normal way to interpret Conqueror's sentence is, "The people that the recruiter will want to target" not "the recruiter is a lurker." 

Mmmm~  Ok yeah.  Maybe I'm splitting fish here but I feel like SB's response is a little too odd. 

##unvote
##Vote SB

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2014, 12:12:14 AM »
Dammit, I'm sorry, it took up the whole screen again. 

I'll do better next time. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Conqueror

« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2014, 12:25:28 AM »
I'm think the normal way to interpret Conqueror's sentence is, "The people that the recruiter will want to target" not "the recruiter is a lurker." 
Very much the second meaning. >_> I'm actually not sure how you interpreted as the first. I'm not sure why you think SB is scummy for interpreting it that way either?

"Ocular Ducts" --> "Tear Ducts" --> Zak crais evry tiem he sees he's the only one on the Dan wagon. It's probably tongue in cheek but still it seems a bit forced, even if Zak did say in last game's graveyard that he would push for a Dan policy lynch D1 forever.