Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 3)  (Read 49078 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 3)
« Reply #450 on: October 17, 2013, 03:05:33 PM »
>If it is spreading out, does it seem safe to move directly under her, once one gets past the initial volley?

> Yes, you think it would be safe enough to do that.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

« Reply #451 on: October 17, 2013, 04:00:47 PM »
> Then let's do that, concentrating on moving and sustaining the spellcard for now.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #452 on: October 17, 2013, 04:09:01 PM »
> Then let's do that, concentrating on moving and sustaining the spellcard for now.

> You start to fly beneath Yuuka, taking the spellcard with you.  Yuuka's spellcard doesn't waver.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #453 on: October 17, 2013, 04:29:25 PM »
> Then let's make it waver by giving her some needles to worry about as well.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #454 on: October 17, 2013, 04:32:42 PM »
> Then let's make it waver by giving her some needles to worry about as well.

> You add needles to the spellcard.  Yuuka moves to dodge them and gets a little too close to an ofuda stream.  She's taking it in stride but just a little more to the right and...

> _

« Reply #455 on: October 17, 2013, 05:21:56 PM »
> She's probably aware of the danger: let's surprise her. Fire needles straight at her, then just to her left immediately after. If she dodges away from the ofuda then she'll run straight into the needles.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #456 on: October 17, 2013, 05:29:39 PM »
> She's probably aware of the danger: let's surprise her. Fire needles straight at her, then just to her left immediately after. If she dodges away from the ofuda then she'll run straight into the needles.

> Yuuka swerves left to avoid the needles and the incoming ofuda, but you are clever and catch her off guard.  She runs straight into the needles before she knows what hits her, and both your spellcards burst in a shower of glittery danmaku bits.  Stunned, Yuuka opens her parasol and starts to float back down to earth: the attack wasn't strong enough to knock her out, but you got her.
> Cheering and whooping explode from below.  Yuuka looks down at the source of the commotion and grins.

> _

« Reply #457 on: October 17, 2013, 06:24:17 PM »
> Hide any sort of sign that we had fun: this is serious business.
> Follow Yuuka down. "All right, so no more trouble? Having a hard enough time figuring out what's going on, so it'd be really helpful if people'd not add to my headaches."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #458 on: October 17, 2013, 06:53:29 PM »
> Hide any sort of sign that we had fun: this is serious business.
> Follow Yuuka down. "All right, so no more trouble? Having a hard enough time figuring out what's going on, so it'd be really helpful if people'd not add to my headaches."

> You didn't have any fun, you didn't, you didn't...well...at least none that anyone will see.
> You descend back to the gates of the Scarlet Devil Mansion.  While you were fighting, the crowd from the Misty Lake appears to have grown with curious spectators, all of which are now chattering excitedly as the two of you reach the ground.  Faeries, tsukumogami, and various animal-types have gathered to watch the spectacle.  Most prominent among the crowd are tengu, who snap away with their cameras.  At the moment, it's so chaotic you can't recognize any you know.  By the gate, Meiling, Elly, Remilia, Sakuya, and now Marisa and her fire-fighting entourage await.
> "That was incredible!"
> "I can't believe it!"
> "As expected of the shrine maiden!"
> "Yuuka, you're so cool!"
> You approach Yuuka in hopes that the fight has cleared up any funny business with her. 
> "Begonias are sent as a warning, but betray a fanciful nature," Yuuka muses.  "That's what you are."
> She holds her parasol with both hands and leans down to talk to you.
> "I take my loss," she says.  "Since you won, I'll tell you something good.  Come closer."

> _

« Reply #459 on: October 17, 2013, 07:23:47 PM »
> Eye the newcomers with suspicion. Just WHERE did all these people come from.
> Don't forget to eye Yuuka with suspicion, too, before stepping closer. "Yeah? Do you know something? And begonias don't suit me I think."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #460 on: October 17, 2013, 07:37:08 PM »
> Eye the newcomers with suspicion. Just WHERE did all these people come from.
> Don't forget to eye Yuuka with suspicion, too, before stepping closer. "Yeah? Do you know something? And begonias don't suit me I think."

> The spectators are suspicious.  Yuuka is suspicous.  You're sure at least five tengu have gotten pictures of your harrowed expression.
> You step closer, and Yuuka cups her hand around her mouth and whispers into your ear.
> "There's a secret garden that doesn't exist here.  Not in Gensokyo, not the Outside World.  Not even Makai.  The fringed orchid blooms there."
> She moves away from you.  "Flowers bloom there, too.  And if not begonias, what does suit you?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #461 on: October 17, 2013, 09:14:22 PM »
>"Dandelions."
>"And, anything you can add to that?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #462 on: October 17, 2013, 09:40:44 PM »
>"Dandelions."
>"And, anything you can add to that?"

> "It's interesting how you look at yourself," Yuuka says.  "If you find out about the fringed orchid, you'll know the way to the secret garden."
> She turns around and starts walking towards the gate.  The youkai crowd is starting to disperse around the general lake-and-mansion area, still very excited, while most of the tengu loiter around the gate.  No doubt they're going to want to talk to you.
> Meanwhile, Alice flies over the top of the gate and drops down in front of Yuuka.
> "That greenhouse fire was so bad, stupid."
> "Didn't I say that wasn't my fault?"
> At the moment, there are a lot of people you could approach.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #463 on: October 17, 2013, 09:54:56 PM »
>Is Yuuka leaving or heading back into the mansion?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #464 on: October 17, 2013, 09:55:21 PM »
>Is Yuuka leaving or heading back into the mansion?

> She's going right back to the mansion.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #465 on: October 17, 2013, 09:56:06 PM »
>"Be a good guest this time, Yuuka!"

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #466 on: October 17, 2013, 10:05:16 PM »
>That Yuuka is such a youkai. Elegant, powerful, cryptic, whimsical, inhuman.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #467 on: October 17, 2013, 10:08:22 PM »
>"Be a good guest this time, Yuuka!"

> Yuuka looks over her shoulder at you.
> "Oookaaay~"  She waves, ignoring Alice's angry scolding.
> On the other side of the gate Remilia tries to supress her sigh of resignation.  She turns and says something to Sakuya.  Meiling leans against the gate and exchanges a few words with the two before going to unlock the gate.  Nearby, Koakuma suddenly gives a start and bolts in the direction of the mansion.  Marisa watches her go, looks over at you, and shrugs.

>That Yuuka is such a youkai. Elegant, powerful, cryptic, whimsical, inhuman.

> You may get to know her, but you'll never understand her.  Such is the way of Gensokyo.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #468 on: October 17, 2013, 10:10:40 PM »
>That Yuuka'd be cute if she had a brain in her head.
>Look at Marisa. "Right. So. What have you figured out about this mess?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #469 on: October 17, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »
>That Yuuka'd be cute if she had a brain in her head.
>Look at Marisa. "Right. So. What have you figured out about this mess?"

> Who knows, maybe she does have a brain and you'll be forced to admit you thought she was cute...
> ...Well, back to incident-solving.  You call out to Marisa, and she strides over with her broom resting on her shoulder.
> "I sailed around, ze," she says.  "I talked to Nito' and the other kappa and they don't know anything besides the fact that they have a new pool to play in.  Then I went and hunted down that oarfish youkai--what was her name, Naegi something?--and, you'll never believe this, but she said she had no idea last night's storm was coming.  She was really worried about it, ze."

> _

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #470 on: October 17, 2013, 10:54:54 PM »
>"Well, Sanae is in some magical coma, and Kanoko is missing according to Suwako. Most other places I went to are in survival-and-recovery mode, including the Underground and the Human Village.
Kasen and Satori spoke with a fish, and it seems most of the water was simply transported here from the Outside World. "

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #471 on: October 17, 2013, 10:57:58 PM »
>Are we more likely to work as a team or compete when solving incidents with Marisa and others (Sakuya, Youmu, various other stage 5 bosses people)?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #472 on: October 17, 2013, 10:58:32 PM »
>"Some place that had nothing but water, if that fish is to be believed. Oh, and I got into a fight with a fish with arms, which is why I came in here all torn up if the maids complain about that. Have you had a look at that hole in the sky?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #473 on: October 17, 2013, 11:17:12 PM »
>"Well, Sanae is in some magical coma, and Kanoko is missing according to Suwako. Most other places I went to are in survival-and-recovery mode, including the Underground and the Human Village.
Kasen and Satori spoke with a fish, and it seems most of the water was simply transported here from the Outside World. "

> You explain the circumstances to Marisa.
> "I was wondering where Sanae was," she says.  "I've seen some freaky-looking fish today, was the one you found normal-looking, ze?"
> "Anyway, stuff this big shouldn't be coming in from the Outside, ze," Marisa continues.  "It should be the kind of stuff Kourin--oh!"
> Her eyes widen.  "I forgot!  I visited Kourin today and he says you own him 40μ."

>Are we more likely to work as a team or compete when solving incidents with Marisa and others (Sakuya, Youmu, various other stage 5 bosses people)?

> You've worked in enough teams to know you're not good at it.  You're more likely to collaborate.  You compete less often.

>"Some place that had nothing but water, if that fish is to be believed. Oh, and I got into a fight with a fish with arms, which is why I came in here all torn up if the maids complain about that. Have you had a look at that hole in the sky?"

> "Oh geez, Flan didn't catch a whiff of you did she, ze?" Marisa asks.  "Do you think there are any places in the Outside World like that?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #474 on: October 17, 2013, 11:36:17 PM »
>"Well, I don't think it was lying, so probably. Tell me about that big fish you saw? Oh, and have you see those weird Taoists anywhere? I found their zombie and they need to go pick her up."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #475 on: October 17, 2013, 11:53:43 PM »
>"Well, I don't think it was lying, so probably. Tell me about that big fish you saw? Oh, and have you see those weird Taoists anywhere? I found their zombie and they need to go pick her up."

> "I saw these things that looked like crabs, except they were almost as big as me and had dorsal fins," Marisa says, shaking her head.  "As for the Taoists, I saw that ghost lady flying over the forest north of the shrine.  I haven't thought to ask about the others, ze."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #476 on: October 18, 2013, 12:04:43 AM »
>"Where were those crab things?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #477 on: October 18, 2013, 12:07:07 AM »
>"Where were those crab things?"

> "Scattered around Gensokyo.  They weren't gathered in any particular place, ze."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #478 on: October 18, 2013, 12:11:06 AM »
>"I'll keep that in mind. They didn't have a bunch of eyes, did they?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #479 on: October 18, 2013, 12:19:26 AM »
>"I'll keep that in mind. They didn't have a bunch of eyes, did they?"

> "They had the normal amount of eyes, ze."

> _