Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 3)  (Read 49066 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 3)
« Reply #390 on: October 16, 2013, 12:04:33 PM »
>If it's slow, we have time to read it. Let's do so.
>Add in another stream of speedy needles, since the prior one was disrupted. This one is to be aimed slightly off center from her, so as to force her to either dodge into the stream itself.

> You take a look at the nonspell she has sent out.  It just looks like plain, alternating bullets.
> You aim more needles at Yuuka.  She turns her parasol and floats sideways towards the ofuda stream.  However, the parasol making direct contact with the spell sends her off-kilter.  She floats dangerously close to the needles and shoots more of the flower bullets at you, faster this time.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #391 on: October 16, 2013, 12:09:09 PM »
>Does it look like the faster ones will get to us first, or the original volley?
>If the faster ones will get to us first, negotiate them as assess how much time we have til the original volley gets here.
>If the original volley will get here first, fly through it, don't wait for it to get to us, and clear it before the faster shots arrive.
>Alter the stream now, make it a series of small speedy left/right waves that will force Yuuka to either move or do some very intricate parasol work. Don't fire until we feel comfortable getting around  at least one of the volleys.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #392 on: October 16, 2013, 12:15:50 PM »
>Does it look like the faster ones will get to us first, or the original volley?
>If the faster ones will get to us first, negotiate them as assess how much time we have til the original volley gets here.
>If the original volley will get here first, fly through it, don't wait for it to get to us, and clear it before the faster shots arrive.
>Alter the stream now, make it a series of small speedy left/right waves that will force Yuuka to either move or do some very intricate parasol work. Don't fire until we feel comfortable getting around  at least one of the volleys.

> The faster stream is going to reach you first.  You think you have about ten seconds before the other pattern reaches you.
> You shift the direction of the spellcard, sending Yuuka dashing to the left.  She's slow, so she doesn't have much of a head start on the pattern.  As she moves, you start to dodge the fast bullets.  The way they're moving forces you to curve in the opposite direction Yuuka's moving, and move forward until the wave passes.  Before the fast ones finish, however, the slow bullets are already arriving, intent to trap you in a grid.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #393 on: October 16, 2013, 12:18:36 PM »
Going to bed. If any of yalls pick up on this, we need to make use of Yuuka's weaknesses. If she's relying on the parasol too much, we get around the parasol by hitting her from multiple sides. If she is slow, we force her against stuff you have to macrododge again. If she is fast, we force micrododging.

I am confident maneuverability is on our side given it's practically Reimu's specialty.

Edit:

>Force our way through the fast bullets before the slow ones get there, and reclaim our position; from there force Yuuka to move and micrododge through the slow bullets as needs be. Macrododge if necessary, no point in exchanging blood for blood.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:20:12 PM by Purvijiri »

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #394 on: October 16, 2013, 03:20:44 PM »
>Force our way through the fast bullets before the slow ones get there, and reclaim our position; from there force Yuuka to move and micrododge through the slow bullets as needs be. Macrododge if necessary, no point in exchanging blood for blood.

> You move forward, bringing the spellcard with you.  This move makes Yuuka float back.  She holds out her parasol to block the bullets that have suddenly come closer to her.  She is mostly successful, but some bullets make their way past her and bounce off her arms and legs.  She winces, but mostly out of surprise than pain.  You are using spellcards, after all.
> Meanwhile, you've cleared the fast bullets, but in the process you've run straight into the slower barrage.  The curtain of danmaku falls over you like a wave as bullets painlessly strike you and dissipate into thin air.  This hit causes all of your arrow bullets and most of the pellets to disappear from the air.  Taking advantage of the sudden decrease in bullets, Yuuka moves in closer and shoots a steady stream of petal bullets.  They start off as straight lines, but at the halfway point between you and her they break off and go out in random directions.

> _

« Reply #395 on: October 16, 2013, 04:07:54 PM »
> Is our spellcard still active? If so, use needles to herd her into a complex area of the pattern. If not, use needles to get her to block with her parasol and try to bank ofuda around into her side.
> As for the random danmaku, conserve movement do avoid accidentally wandering into danmaku blindly.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #396 on: October 16, 2013, 04:15:49 PM »
> Is our spellcard still active? If so, use needles to herd her into a complex area of the pattern. If not, use needles to get her to block with her parasol and try to bank ofuda around into her side.
> As for the random danmaku, conserve movement do avoid accidentally wandering into danmaku blindly.

> The ofuda are still going.
> You substitute the lost bullets with needles.  Yuuka mostly falls for it, but shields herself with her parasol as she moves closer to the pattern.  She doesn't let up on the stream, which you use small movements to dodge.  It requires a lot of concentration keeping an eye on Yuuka and the stray bullets at the same time, and on many occasions you come close to accidentally running into one of them.  You don't know how long you'll be able to keep it up.

> _

« Reply #397 on: October 16, 2013, 05:07:30 PM »
> Keep micrododging for a few more seconds to keep Yuuka in a pattern, then break away from the stream quickly and get around her.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #398 on: October 16, 2013, 05:49:07 PM »
> Keep micrododging for a few more seconds to keep Yuuka in a pattern, then break away from the stream quickly and get around her.

> You finish up your dodging and fly around behind Yuuka.  Your spellcard, running out of steam, starts to patter out.  Yuuka in turn stops shooting and reaches into her skirt pocket.  This time, instead of just rummaging around, she pulls out a spellcard of her own.

> _

« Reply #399 on: October 16, 2013, 06:06:36 PM »
> Circle strafe around her while alternating between ofuda and needles: it might distract her, it will hurt her some, and it'll keep us moving in case she uses that move Marisa stole from her.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #400 on: October 16, 2013, 06:20:33 PM »
> Circle strafe around her while alternating between ofuda and needles: it might distract her, it will hurt her some, and it'll keep us moving in case she uses that move Marisa stole from her.

> You circle around hitting her with a combination of ofuda and needles.  She dodges some and gets hit by others, and keeps her from turning as fast as you are.
> "Fantasy [The Beauty of Nature]!" Yuuka calls out.  A golden light illuminates the night sky and six streams of largish bullets fan out around her.  She twirls once to let them go, and they come flying at you from the side.

> _

« Reply #401 on: October 16, 2013, 06:31:26 PM »
> If the beams are only circling around her on one axis, then drop down underneath her and throw needles at her from below. If they circle on multiple planes... well, do the same thing: she'd have a harder time using the parasol while we're below her.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #402 on: October 16, 2013, 06:35:57 PM »
> If the beams are only circling around her on one axis, then drop down underneath her and throw needles at her from below. If they circle on multiple planes... well, do the same thing: she'd have a harder time using the parasol while we're below her.

> You dip below one of the streams and shoot at Yuuka with some needles.  She swings the parasol a little too late, gets hit, and flies backwards.  The golden light surrounds her again and she releases a second stream, this time tilting downwards to get at you.  At the same time, she shoots bursts of large flower-shaped danmaku that drift down like snow.

> _

« Reply #403 on: October 16, 2013, 06:56:17 PM »
> Slow down our barrage and focus more on dodging her bullets and getting a feel for the pattern.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #404 on: October 16, 2013, 07:03:21 PM »
>Do we use our gohei for danmaku?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #405 on: October 16, 2013, 07:11:45 PM »
> Slow down our barrage and focus more on dodging her bullets and getting a feel for the pattern.

> You lay off on the bullets and go on the defensive.  You're able to dodge the streams, but the flowers keep coming at irregular intervals.  When you think you've gotten the hang of it, another burst of flowers comes out of nowhere and sends you reeling back.  Had you been shooting any danmaku, it would have been completely dispelled.  This lack of consistency is keeping you on your toes.

>Do we use our gohei for danmaku?

> You can swish it back and forth to release bullets, like a bubble wand.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #406 on: October 16, 2013, 10:08:25 PM »
>Our ofuda do home, yes?
>If so, let's fire some of those and forget about them. They can be Yuuka's problem.
>Does the point of explosion seem to be random?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #407 on: October 16, 2013, 10:21:28 PM »
>Our ofuda do home, yes?
>If so, let's fire some of those and forget about them. They can be Yuuka's problem.
>Does the point of explosion seem to be random?

> They do.
> You release the ofuda and let them home in on Yuuka.  She zig zags away from them.  However, even as she's dodging, she's already revving up the next phase of the spellcard: a flower-shaped wave that blooms outwards.  The ofuda haven't disappeared yet, however.
> The explosions are definitely random, and they're still happening.  She seems to be peppering them into all of her attacks.

> _

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #408 on: October 16, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »
>Would it be possible to target her explosive shots to neutralize them before they explode?
>Which of our spellcards use The Orb?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #409 on: October 16, 2013, 10:33:44 PM »
>Do we have any System cards or Skill cards?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #410 on: October 16, 2013, 10:57:07 PM »
>Would it be possible to target her explosive shots to neutralize them before they explode?
>Which of our spellcards use The Orb?

> You might be able to.
> That would be Holy Relic "Yin-Yang Demon God Orb".

>Do we have any System cards or Skill cards?

> What kinds of cards are those?  You only have spellcards.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #411 on: October 16, 2013, 11:02:01 PM »
>How good are we at familiars?
>Have the explosions seemed to be things that Yuuka was doing herself, or do they seem to happen by themselves?
>What happens when your out danmaku hits you, does it vanish or does it pass through?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #412 on: October 16, 2013, 11:14:56 PM »
>How good are we at familiars?
>Have the explosions seemed to be things that Yuuka was doing herself, or do they seem to happen by themselves?
>What happens when your out danmaku hits you, does it vanish or does it pass through?

> You've made familiars before by making effigies of the yin-yang orb.  You could use some practice.
> Yuuka is firing these shots by herself.  They aren't as refined because she's still trying to dodge the ofuda, though.
> If your danmaku hits you, it just passes right through you.  It feels a little cold.
> Yuuka folds her parasol and holds it parallel to herself.  The ofuda bounce off it and scatter in different directions, but the impact sends her flying back a few meters.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #413 on: October 16, 2013, 11:21:52 PM »
So our goal is to not stay on the same trajectory or the same place for too long, so Yuuka can't predict us.

>Let's try to ascend above Yuuka and to the side of her now, if the way is clear. and keep the ofuda coming. If we can, try to toss them out from the sides so they have to follower a wider angle and thus are harder to block with the umbrella.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #414 on: October 16, 2013, 11:41:51 PM »
>Let's try to ascend above Yuuka and to the side of her now, if the way is clear. and keep the ofuda coming. If we can, try to toss them out from the sides so they have to follower a wider angle and thus are harder to block with the umbrella.

> You fly high above Yuuka, and see the glowing danmaku flower below.  You let ofuda rain down upon Yuuka from all sides.  Her parasol won't protect her forever.
> Yuuka keeps her parasol folded and focuses on weaving in and out of the ofuda.  Although she isn't being hit, she doesn't have the opportunity to retaliate.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #415 on: October 16, 2013, 11:45:17 PM »
>Can we add anything to ofuda attacks, or are we at capacity?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #416 on: October 16, 2013, 11:46:08 PM »
>Can we add anything to ofuda attacks, or are we at capacity?

> You're giving it all you got right now.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #417 on: October 16, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »
>Keep moving, then, and make the most of our speed. Circle around her part of the way, then arc over her. Try to give those ofuda a wide of a spread as possible.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #418 on: October 16, 2013, 11:59:46 PM »
>Keep moving, then, and make the most of our speed. Circle around her part of the way, then arc over her. Try to give those ofuda a wide of a spread as possible.

> You take advantage of your speed and zip over Yuuka, taking the ofuda with you.  You see Yuuka gripping her parasol tightly as the danmaku close in on her.

> _

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #419 on: October 17, 2013, 12:03:46 AM »
>Can we do back-and-forth shots, like frog or snake?