Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 3)  (Read 49080 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 3)
« Reply #360 on: October 15, 2013, 11:25:30 PM »
>"I'm saying you're making things worse for everyone, including those plants of yours!"

> "Ohhh....I am?"

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #361 on: October 15, 2013, 11:26:31 PM »
>Don't actually say that. Deep breath. argh, too late
>"What I am saying is that you are acting like a villain by tying up the incident resolvers. This is the opposite of how a guardian and steward of plants should act in this circumstance."
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #362 on: October 15, 2013, 11:28:10 PM »
>Don't actually say that. Deep breath. argh, too late
>"What I am saying is that you are acting like a villain by tying up the incident resolvers. This is the opposite of how a guardian and steward of plants should act in this circumstance."

> "But people aren't plants, you know?"

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #363 on: October 15, 2013, 11:28:53 PM »
We gotta be IC about this. Realistically, Reimu would have already beaten the shit out of her after a lousy day like this one.

>"I was trying to be polite. What I am saying that you're being a problem. I don't like problems, Yuuka. So I am trying to be nice and give you a chance to back down, so we can all focus on the real problem. If you would prefer not to back down, then I will have to knock you down. Do you remember the dream thing, years back? I do. I remember knocking you around quite a bit. And by your own admission, the flowers aren't doing too well these days, are they Yuuka? Think you're still up to form like back then, when there were too many flowers? Because I certainly am not in the mood to be nice anymore. So, the choice is yours."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #364 on: October 15, 2013, 11:43:26 PM »
>"I was trying to be polite. What I am saying that you're being a problem. I don't like problems, Yuuka. So I am trying to be nice and give you a chance to back down, so we can all focus on the real problem. If you would prefer not to back down, then I will have to knock you down. Do you remember the dream thing, years back? I do. I remember knocking you around quite a bit. And by your own admission, the flowers aren't doing too well these days, are they Yuuka? Think you're still up to form like back then, when there were too many flowers? Because I certainly am not in the mood to be nice anymore. So, the choice is yours."

> "Hmm..."  Yuuka twirls her parasol.  "There have been aquatic flora growing, if I'm not mistaken.  I'm in pretty good shape even with this fire."
> She stands up and hops off the roots.  With a flick of her wrist they sink back into the earth, while she floats into the air.
> "How about this: if you win, I'll step down and tell you one of my secrets.  But if I win, this half of the mansion is mine for good."
> "Are you going to deal with this by yourself?" Sakuya asks you in a low, urgent voice.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #365 on: October 15, 2013, 11:51:14 PM »
>"That's how it always goes, isn't it"
>Are we smart enough to know that aquatic plants tend not to flower, and are more like that delicious seaweed?
>Glance to Remilia. "What do you think?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #366 on: October 15, 2013, 11:56:16 PM »
>"That's how it always goes, isn't it"
>Are we smart enough to know that aquatic plants tend not to flower, and are more like that delicious seaweed?
>Glance to Remilia. "What do you think?"

> Sakuya nods and backs away.
> You don't know much about aquatic plants.
> Remilia, who has been mostly quiet until now, grins at you and says, "You had better not lose to her."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #367 on: October 16, 2013, 12:04:35 AM »
>"Won't be a problem."
>Are our spellcards more effective indoors or outdoors?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #368 on: October 16, 2013, 12:09:55 AM »
>Would it be a really bad idea to use the Orb in here with all the plants?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #369 on: October 16, 2013, 12:11:45 AM »
>And would using the orb violate the spellcard rules?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #370 on: October 16, 2013, 12:18:38 AM »
>"Won't be a problem."
>Are our spellcards more effective indoors or outdoors?

> It's generally better to use your spellcards outside, so you can have more room.  However, you have had many fights indoors in the past and you were fine.

>Would it be a really bad idea to use the Orb in here with all the plants?

>And would using the orb violate the spellcard rules?

> As long as it's part of a spellcard, you'll be fine.  Using it to, say, bludgeon someone or kicking it around like you used to would be a bad idea.  Without the spellcard rules as a buffer, the orb could cause serious damage and injury.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #371 on: October 16, 2013, 12:21:36 AM »
>Glance to Yuuka, "Shall we head outside like civilized people?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #372 on: October 16, 2013, 12:22:21 AM »
>Glance to Yuuka, "Shall we head outside like civilized people?"

> "I thought you'd never ask.  It's so stuffy in here."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #373 on: October 16, 2013, 12:25:26 AM »
>Motion for her to lead the way.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #374 on: October 16, 2013, 12:39:17 AM »
>Motion for her to lead the way.

> Yuuka takes to the skies and starts floating towards the exit, over the treetops.  Sakuya and Remilia follow, and the four of you exit the greenhouse.  When you enter the ballroom, you find that the faerie maids have stopped working and are clustered near the stairs, the library entrance, and the windows.  Sakuya offers a kind smile and a "keep working as usual" to the faeries as she passes them.  Remilia holds her head high and walks with the Gungnir held over her shoulder, not meeting anyone in the eye.
> Right as you pass the library entrance, the doors swing open and a crowd of faeries led by Koakuma, Alice, and Marisa stampede across the room.
> "We got spellcards!" Marisa shouts.
> "Don't you dare drop any of that water," Alice warns the faeries.  You notice they are all carrying buckets.
> Koakuma raises a hand to Sakuya.  "I lent Reimu some of your stuff!"
> "I know!" Sakuya calls back.
> As the two groups pass each other, Yuuka meets eyes with Alice and smiles warmly.  "Hello, Alice."
> "Y-Yuuka?!" she sputters, and nearly runs into Koakuma.  The makeshift fire-fighting team makes no breaks, however, and keeps going until they're through the door and into the greenhouse.  The faerie maids still in the room chatter excitedly.
> Meanwhile, the four of you continue to march through the hallways and through the front door of the mansion.  It's dark out, and lanterns have been lit at the gate.  Meiling and Elly are still standing guard.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #375 on: October 16, 2013, 12:43:29 AM »
>"Now then."
>Take to the air and make sure we're up high enough to minimize friendly fire. Allow Yuuka to get into position as well.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #376 on: October 16, 2013, 12:47:10 AM »
>"Now then."
>Take to the air and make sure we're up high enough to minimize friendly fire. Allow Yuuka to get into position as well.

> You take to the skies.  Yuuka follows you up and assumes the standard dueling distance.
> On the ground, you can hear Meiling's voice, loud and inquisitive.  The faeries and youkai that you saw on the way to the mansion have started to flock around the gates, their voices carrying in the night air.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #377 on: October 16, 2013, 12:48:03 AM »
>"Before we start this, you do realize you're wasting time that could be used to drain out your garden, right?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #378 on: October 16, 2013, 12:49:41 AM »
>"Before we start this, you do realize you're wasting time that could be used to drain out your garden, right?"

> Yuuka smiles yet again.  "Nope!"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #379 on: October 16, 2013, 12:56:36 AM »
>"No, seriously. I would have been out the door already following a couple leads if not for this. We can still just head back down and wrap things up so I can be on my way, and maybe Marisa can be useful for once, too."
>What spellcards have we onhand?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #380 on: October 16, 2013, 01:06:48 AM »
>"No, seriously. I would have been out the door already following a couple leads if not for this. We can still just head back down and wrap things up so I can be on my way, and maybe Marisa can be useful for once, too."
>What spellcards have we onhand?

> "Are you trying to back out of this already?"

> Spellcards
   > Dream Sign "Evil Sealing Circle" (4 hits)
      > Used to overwhelm adversaries with ofuda.  +5 damage
   > Divine Spirit "Fantasy Seal" (4 hits)
      > Used to close in on adversaries with ofuda.  +5 damage
   > Holy Relic "Yin-Yang Demon God Orb" (3 hits)
      > Smite thy enemies with a giant orb.  Surprisingly light lifting.  +6 damage
   > Divine Arts "Omnidirectional Demon-Binding Circle" (5 hits)
      > Used to paralyze adveraries.  +7 damage
      > May also be used outside of battle to temporarily stun adversaries.
   *> Untitled "Flying Mysterious Shrine Maiden" (1 hit)
      > Powerful card that can only be used when you are close to unconsciousness or death.  +10 damage
   *> "Fantasy Nature" (1 hit)
      > Powerful card that can only be used when close to death.  +10 damage

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #381 on: October 16, 2013, 01:10:03 AM »
>"Just giving you the chance to do the intelligent thing."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #382 on: October 16, 2013, 01:24:03 AM »
>"Just giving you the chance to do the intelligent thing."

> "I can make intelligent decisions, thank you."  Yuuka is reaching into her skirt pocket.  "Let's see what you can do."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #383 on: October 16, 2013, 01:34:13 AM »
>"Kay."
>Drop Omni-Dimensional Demon Binding Circle with as little pretense as possible.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #384 on: October 16, 2013, 01:56:17 AM »
>"Kay."
>Drop Omni-Dimensional Demon Binding Circle with as little pretense as possible.

> Without missing a beat, you fall into the spellcard duel with your Demon Binding Circle.  Ofuda stream out in diagonal lines around you, followed up by a circular wave of arrows and pellets.  Yuuka starts moving back and forth between the bullets, flying in small circles as she fires danmaku of her own: bullets in the shapes of flowers you don't recognize, flying past the spell and in your general direction.  However, the shifting nature of your spellcard keeps her on the defensive, never directly in front of you as she dodges.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #385 on: October 16, 2013, 03:01:39 AM »
>What sort of fireworks can we add to a spellcard without disrupting it?
>Observe Yuuka's attacks, so we aren't caught off guard.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #386 on: October 16, 2013, 11:29:08 AM »
>What sort of fireworks can we add to a spellcard without disrupting it?
>Observe Yuuka's attacks, so we aren't caught off guard.

> More pellets and arrows.  Any more ofuda and you would break up the lines.
> You watch Yuuka as she keeps shooting.  Bullets bounce off her parasol left and right, but she pays little attention to this as she starts shooting clusters of flower bullets at once.  As she does this she moves right to dodge a line of ofuda, but her attack curves and aims right at you.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #387 on: October 16, 2013, 11:40:03 AM »
>Move so that it the curve passes us by, and send an aimed stream of needles in her direction, if we can do that without breaking the spellcard. If she wants to be cagey, let's see her deal with even less space.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #388 on: October 16, 2013, 11:49:17 AM »
>Move so that it the curve passes us by, and send an aimed stream of needles in her direction, if we can do that without breaking the spellcard. If she wants to be cagey, let's see her deal with even less space.

> You dip to the side.  The flowers pass very close, and a few even clip your sleeve.  However, you've maintained your concentration enough to add needles to the card.
> Yuuka lets the curve go just as the needles are coming at her.  She holds her hand out and a burst of danmaku explodes in front of her, taking out the needles with it.  As the danmaku disperses, it starts floating out towards you at a slow speed.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #389 on: October 16, 2013, 11:58:24 AM »
>If it's slow, we have time to read it. Let's do so.
>Add in another stream of speedy needles, since the prior one was disrupted. This one is to be aimed slightly off center from her, so as to force her to either dodge into the stream itself.