Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 2)  (Read 48947 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Reimu Quest (Part 2)
« on: August 30, 2013, 09:41:37 PM »

> Your name is Hakurei Reimu.

> You are one of the most notorious members of Gensokyo thanks to your status as the last Hakurei Shrine maiden and primary incident solver.  You are admired, hated, and loved all at once, and to be honest that can be kind of overwhelming and stressful for you sometimes.  You?re around people frequently but it can be very draining on you.  Sometimes you just want to be alone.  Although moments of silence are rare, you are comforted in the knowledge that when you let down your guard, no one will be able to take advantage of that.  Your status as the last Hakurei shrine maiden has made you untouchable.  This is because your life is intrinsically linked with the Great Barrier that surrounds Gensokyo.  If you die, then the entirety of Gensokyo will go down with you.  This fact is even more important because, as of right now, you don't have a successor.

> Lately, you haven?t been able to be as active in incident-solving as you used to be, but that?s to be expected.  Gensokyo's population has grown within the past few years, and incidents come and go--some even solved by youkai.  Although you still hold some resentment towards youkai, you?ve gotten closer to them and have even found love and friendship in their company.  It?s a bit complicated.  There will always be tension between youkai and humans, and although--or maybe because--you've got friends on both sides, you're in an awkward situation.

> You are a tea enthusiast and are fond of animals, although you?d rather not go through the hassle of keeping any pets.  You?re also quite thrifty and have taken advantage of the hot springs behind your house to earn your keep when you are not solving incidents, because let?s face it; a shrine is a difficult thing to take care of.  You?re one busy girl, but you?re not alone.  You share a room with Ibuki Suika, who you took in many years ago.  Also on the shrine grounds are the Three Faeries of Light, who you?ve recently won over and convinced to help out with shrine work.  Until the likes of them showed up, you've been alone for as long as you can remember.

--

> The year is currently 128, and summer has been upon Gensokyo for a while now.  After spending a relaxing, rainy evening at home with Suika, Akyuu, and Yukari, you awoke the next morning to find that most of Gensokyo has been submerged in water.  They sky also looks rather strange now and has a crack in it, as if it was smashed with a hammer.  In the pond of your shrine, you have found a glowing bronze shard that you have reason to believe has something to do with this incident.  On top of solving all of this, you are also trying to figure out if something has happened to your memory, as you're having trouble remembering past incidents and events.
> You have flown to Kourindou and then to the Human Village to find that its surviving inhabitants have taken refuge on the Palaquin, and are currently looking for a safe place to dock.  You have also found the jiangshi Yoshika a distance away from the now-underwater village, and have left her with the Palaquin while you go look for the hermit who controls her, Seiga. 
> You have gone Underground to check on Satori and the others, and found that most of the water from the surface has leaked Underground.  While there, you ran into Koishi and obtained a second bronze shard.  You have employed the help of Suika at the Palace of the Earth Spirits to plug up the flooded reactor, and Yuugi and Okuu to drain the rest of the water.  The results of said plan to drain the water, you have not seen yet. 
> You have then flown to Youkai Mountain to confront Kanako, a suspect of the incident, only to find that she has disappeared due to a sudden drop in faith.  You also learn from Suwako that Sanae has been in a deep sleep for a while now.  When you encounter her at the Kochiya Shrine, you find her enveloped in a bronze glow that you think is related to the shards.  You have flown up to inspect the sky and, in one of the water bubbles, found a dolphin which you are currently planning to bring back to the Underground to Satori, along with Sanae, to gather intelligence.  Upon trying to store Kogasa and Sanae in your sleevespace, however, the Yin Yang Orb went out of control and attacked both of them.  You have concluded that it reacted mainly to Sanae, and for some reason sees her as a threat to your life.  You have considered the bronze glow around her to have something to do with it.

> You are currently talking with Suwako about filling up the box that will transport the dolphin with water.

INVENTORY:

> Modern shrine maiden robes
   > Pretty much a highly stylized schoolgirl uniform.  Complete with cute little shoes, ankle socks, and hair decs.
> Detached sleeves
   > Where you keep all of your items.  For some reason, they have a functioning hammerspace which you suspect is Yukari's doing.
> Swimsuit
        > Made by Kourin, for you, to navigate the waters easier.
> Yin yang orb
   > Your signature weapon.
   > You're the only one who can touch it without either burning yourself (human) or suffering excruciating pain (youkai).
> Gohei
   > Marisa jokes that it's like a magic wand, but you refuse to be associated with Gensokyo's magician population.
> Spellcards
   > Dream Sign "Evil Sealing Circle" (4 hits)
      > Used to overwhelm adversaries with ofuda.  +5 damage
   > Divine Spirit "Fantasy Seal" (4 hits)
      > Used to close in on adversaries with ofuda.  +5 damage
   > Holy Relic "Yin-Yang Demon God Orb" (3 hits)
      > Smite thy enemies with a giant orb.  Surprisingly light lifting.  +6 damage
   > Divine Arts "Omnidirectional Demon-Binding Circle" (5 hits)
      > Used to paralyze adveraries.  +7 damage
      > May also be used outside of battle to temporarily stun adversaries.
   *> Untitled "Flying Mysterious Shrine Maiden" (1 hit)
      > Powerful card that can only be used when you are close to unconsciousness or death.  +10 damage
   *> "Fantasy Nature" (1 hit)
      > Powerful card that can only be used when close to death.  +10 damage
> Tea set
   > You have a lot more of these in your house. 
   > You like leaving them in friends'/acquaintances' houses so you can have tea whenever you like.
> Ofuda x10
   > Multipurpose magic cards you keep for non-danmaku usage
> Broom
   > The shrine broom.  Shut up, Marisa.
> Bag of fried beans
   > You take these with you whenever you go underground, but you wouldn't dare use them on Suika.
> 1265μ
   > It's always a good idea to keep a some money on you.
> Silk Glove x1
   > A soft silk glove with lace on the cuff, clearly a glove of wealth and taste.  Belongs to Yakumo Yukari.
> 2/8 Shard
     > A mysterious bronze shard that gives off a warm glow.  What exactly is it, and where did it come from?  You have no idea.
> Tea Set x1
   > A tea set with red roses painted on it.  The packaging claims that any tea served with this set will have healing properties.
> Bag of marbles x1
   > A bag of magic marbles that can be used to spy on people, as long as you have the largest one with you.
> Jar of Beads x1
   > A jar filled with beads of all shapes, sizes, and colors.
> Inflatable inner tube x1
   > For those who can't swim, or are too lazy to.
> Creatures of the Deep
   > A book of fantastic underwater animals.  Belongs to Komeiji Koishi.

QUESTS:

> Find Seiga
   > You've discovered Yoshika floating around in the water missing a hat and an operational ofuda.  Better get Seiga to go collect her.

"Is the water going to come out normal? It's pretty cold in there? And...disturbing."

> "It should be fine," Suwako says with a smile.

> Contemplate how difficult it would be to make a hammerspace spell card.

> You try to wrap your brain around the idea of a hammerspace spell card and nearly pop a vein in your forehead.

>Shove Suwako into hat. We shall freeze out own frogs!

> That would be incredibly silly!  But you can't do that at the moment, because you still have your arm in there.

> _
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:43:34 PM by ヒミ子 »

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 10:44:08 PM »
> Remove arm.
> Do we know how many gallons (or liters if we use metric) that can fit in the box?

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 10:47:48 PM »
>Also, what's Kogasa been doing while we've been talking to Suwako and sticking our arm into hammerspace?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 03:55:12 AM »
> Remove arm.
> Do we know how many gallons (or liters if we use metric) that can fit in the box?

> You take your arm from the hat, but the cold feeling lingers.
> You don't know how much water will fit.  Maybe enough for the dolphin, at least.

>Also, what's Kogasa been doing while we've been talking to Suwako and sticking our arm into hammerspace?

> You look over at Kogasa.  She is currently sitting with Sanae in her lap, watching the conversation go back and forth between you and Suwako.  She seems content with taking it all in for now.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 03:58:51 AM »
> "Well, I guess you would know best."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 04:17:07 AM »
>Lets go fill dat hat from a nearby bubble.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:22:48 AM by Purvijiri »

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 04:24:28 AM »
> "Well, I guess you would know best."

> "Yeah!  Just leave it to ol' Suwako."
> Suwako flips her hat back onto her head.

>Lets go fill dat hat.

> You and Suwako head out of the room, with the intent of leaving the shrine to find water.  As you leave, Kogasa calls out,
> "We'll wait at the front of the shrine for you."
> You suspect she just doesn't want to lug Sanae farther than the front door.

> _

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 04:27:54 AM »
> "Sounds good."
> Head off in search of that water.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 04:33:17 AM »
> "Sounds good."
> Head off in search of that water.

> You and Suwako leave the Kochiya Shrine building and onto the front pathway.  A group of tengu are loitering around smack in the middle of the path, leaning on or standing near a long, rectangular box made of what is unmistakably metal.  The non-tengu shrine goers don't appear bothered by the tengu but keep a safe distance from the box itself.  Suwako waves both arms at them as a greeting, and they all wave back to her with equal enthusiasm.
> There are multiple sources of water you and Suwako could go for.  There are the water bubbles in the sky, the waterfall and river farther down the mountain, or Suwako's pond at the Moriya Shrine.

> _

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 04:46:19 AM »
> Point at the nearest sky bubble.
> "Since the dolphin came from a bubble, maybe bubble water would be best for it."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 04:50:42 AM »
> Point at the nearest sky bubble.
> "Since the dolphin came from a bubble, maybe bubble water would be best for it."

> "Aha."  Suwako assumes the frog-crouch position and hops into the sky, except instead of coming down she just keeps going.  She's already headed for the bubbles without you.

> _

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 05:12:51 AM »
> Follow!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 12:51:33 PM »
> Follow!

> You follow Suwako into the sky, and find yourself once again among the many water bubbles in the air.  Much like Kogasa, Suwako is immediately distracted and flies from bubble to bubble, poking them and observing whatever sea life is in them.

> _

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 01:48:13 PM »
> "Yeah, it's quite a thing, isn't it?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 02:04:50 PM »
> "Yeah, it's quite a thing, isn't it?"

> Suwako ribbits and takes off her hat.
> "I wonder what holds them together!"

> _

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 02:36:22 PM »
> We haven't figured that out yet, have we? Assuming not, say so.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »
> We haven't figured that out yet, have we? Assuming not, say so.

> You still don't know.
> "Ah, well."  Suwako flies closer to one.  "I'll just hurry up and get this water anyway."

> _

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »
> "Okay."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 03:18:20 PM »
> "Okay."

> Suwako floats to one of the bubbles and holds her hat underneath it.  With her free hand she pokes and prods at the water until a steady stream is flowing into the hat.  She pokes it again and water is now flowing freely, overflowing over the brim and falling to the earth below.  Still, most of the water makes it into the hat, and within minutes the water bubble has completely disappeared.
> Suwako puts her hat back on her head.  "Got it."

> _

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 03:46:01 PM »
> Nod.
> "Let's get this show on the road, then."
> Head back to Sanae's shrine.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 03:58:39 PM »
> Nod.
> "Let's get this show on the road, then."
> Head back to Sanae's shrine.

> Without further ado, you and Suwako return to the Kochiya Shrine.  The tengu are still there waiting for you with the box.
> Suwako lands among them.
> "Thanks for your hard work!" she says.  They all nod and back away.  She tips her hat over the box, and water starts flowing into it.

> _

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 05:34:45 PM »
> Let's go get our dolphin friend while the box fills up.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 06:31:45 PM »
> Belay that for a moment.

The dolphin is back in the pond at the other shrine, and Kogasa and her youkai strength struggled with it. We shouldd take the filled tub to it once Kogasa's ready to minimize the difficulty of this process.

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »
Water is heavy, Suwako is less so, therefore we should be putting the box through the sleeve minus the water then getting Suwako to fill it up when it's inside.

>"Actually, could we fill the tub once it's inside my sleeve? I think it'll be easier to maneuver it inside without the water."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 08:58:08 PM »
> Let's go get our dolphin friend while the box fills up.

> Belay that for a moment.

> You are about to go back to the Moriya Shrine to get the dolphin, but you have other plans.

>"Actually, could we fill the tub once it's inside my sleeve? I think it'll be easier to maneuver it inside without the water."

> "Hm?  Okay."  Suwako takes her hat away, stopping the flow of water.  The tub is only a little bit full right now.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 09:13:28 PM »
>If we can lift the tub, do so and store it away.
>If not, prompt Suwako by asking her if she can have a tub made so large not even she can lift it.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 09:16:10 PM »
>If we can lift the tub, do so and store it away.
>If not, prompt Suwako by asking her if she can have a tub made so large not even she can lift it.

> You are fortunately able to get the tub into your inventory.
> Obtained: x1 Metal Tub

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 09:22:36 PM »
>Dangle out sleeve.
>"If the orb gets too twitchy, just run for it."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2013, 09:36:48 PM »
>Dangle out sleeve.
>"If the orb gets too twitchy, just run for it."

> "I know, I know."  Suwako leaps into your sleeve.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 09:38:27 PM »
Should we let Suwako know there's a dolphin in her pond? I think we should, for the sake of hilarity.