Author Topic: You Don't Know the Setup Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 40416 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: You Don't Know the Setup Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2013, 03:12:19 AM »
What do you think about the theory that Serela was aiming for that line of thinking.
Something silly so that he can get away with not contributing for a while?
RVS, and I think he was going to get away with not contributing for awhile, considering he claimed he would be gone for 8 hours for a legitimate reason. At worst Serela's vote could have been a reaction test for Shadoweh. Her post showed no real intent to lynch.

I also don't like Conq's meta clear of Validon, which I noticed as well.

Yoshino's vote on Serela looks like an easy hop since it lacks reasoning, if it was serious.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2013, 03:15:10 AM »
I'm mostly planning to say quiet and chirp in when Dormio is frustrated, he seems to have this game UNDER WRAPS.
I wob't give Validon a meta clear until he's posted at least seven times and told me how weird I am.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2013, 03:18:06 AM »
Yoshino's vote on Serela looks like an easy hop since it lacks reasoning, if it was serious.
Uhm actually I know it's kind of early for this but Serela's post did sound like a fakey obligatory doin that thing that I would totes do as town and then going home, so I'm cool with Dormio's vote. I suggest Serela get home from work and scream for revenge
Coupled with Serela's next posts being a complaint about nothing happening, continued chatter about there being nothing to talk about yet, and something that I'm not really sure what to call. A chainsaw defense of sorts maybe?
... I don't think I was really lacking reasoning.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2013, 03:18:30 AM »
wait wait what

Serela obviously wasn't intending to myslynch during RVS, and Validon's reaction seems a little suspicious as trying to rationalize her vote as exactly that.

##Vote: Validon

actually fuckit, nnr is just trying to misrep validon given that's not how validon rationalized the serela vote at all. like how could you get that from reading his post?

##unvote
##vote nnr

dismissing shadormio's vote on serela as an easy hop without reasoning is also bad, because even if they didn't give reasoning (they did) what are they going to do, keep voting themselves?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2013, 03:19:16 AM »
I'm mostly planning to say quiet and chirp in when Dormio is frustrated, he seems to have this game UNDER WRAPS.
I wob't give Validon a meta clear until he's posted at least seven times and told me how weird I am.
You're supposed to be my other half, not some decoration that I keep around.

Conqueror

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2013, 03:21:05 AM »
dormio it's not a chainsaw defense unless validon is scum
do you think validon is scum?

also at this point serela has put out more content than half the game tbh, even if he's full of fluff

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2013, 03:24:26 AM »
dormio it's not a chainsaw defense unless validon is scum
do you think validon is scum?
I don't know what to call it. White knighting then? I don't really care.

also at this point serela has put out more content than half the game tbh, even if he's full of fluff
The fact that it's fluff, pretending to look active, etc.

Conqueror

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2013, 03:29:36 AM »
eh

do you disagree with the statement that serela is generally fluffy as both alignments (and actually less likely to be fluffy as scum? >_>)

i guess im saying here that fluffiness is sorta a null tell with serela, ya gotta look at what's in the fluff

shadoweh what is your expert opinion on serela taking into account his latest posts?

Shadoweh

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2013, 03:29:43 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Nekonekorex

For probably being the guy who messaged huh what you dolt
FoS is so weak. Also you're deriding my own reasoning and that's not cool.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2013, 03:31:12 AM »
wait wait what

actually fuckit, nnr is just trying to misrep validon given that's not how validon rationalized the serela vote at all. like how could you get that from reading his post?

##unvote
##vote nnr
I'm reading Validon's post as Serela is trying to encourage a mislynch with the vote and lynching during RVS screams mislynch. Am I reading it wrong or something?

dismissing shadormio's vote on serela as an easy hop without reasoning is also bad, because even if they didn't give reasoning (they did) what are they going to do, keep voting themselves?
Shadoweh, you suck.
##Unvote
##Vote Serela
Really?
I don't see a reasoning until later, unless you mean Shadoweh's reasoning, which I wouldn't have noticed because :hydra:
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2013, 03:32:03 AM »
This is why I don't like all-heads posting.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2013, 03:32:35 AM »
Revenge for Serela putting us at L-1 while I wait for Shadoweh to actually say something.
:derp:

Shadoweh

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2013, 03:32:59 AM »
Conq: I don't remember him treating everything happening like a checklist when he's town. It's like, look an event, address it, now bed!
Neko, we have been talking about this hydra since literally forever and made a big deal about it in the signups, are you claiming you forgot we're the same person?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2013, 03:33:09 AM »
Addendum: If you're able to post and play and vote you might as well have just taken a separate player slot.

Conqueror

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2013, 03:33:31 AM »
I'm reading Validon's post as Serela is trying to encourage a mislynch with the vote and lynching during RVS screams mislynch. Am I reading it wrong or something?
okay
##Vote: Serela

Because why not and because even though I wanted to joke vote Shadoweh, people put her at L-1 and lynching during RVS screams mislynch.
walk me through how you got that given that this is the post in question

and yes i was referring to shadoweh's reasoning

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2013, 03:35:31 AM »
:derp:
So it's just a jokevote then?

@Conq
people [Serela] put her at L-1 and lynching during RVS screams mislynch.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2013, 03:36:24 AM »
@Shadoweh: Yes.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2013, 03:37:08 AM »
>Implying I read the Signups thread
in any case

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2013, 03:37:25 AM »
@75:

Really?

Conqueror

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2013, 03:38:19 AM »
actually hmmm
nvm i see how you could read it that way; depends on how you arrange the clauses although i still kinda want you to explain how you got to your conclusion

--cut yeah that's what i figured but he doesn't actually say that does he? i read people as "the group of people voting for shadoweh"

##unvote
##vote validon

for now; would like a response from him to my earlier question, especially now that i remember that one of the people bringing shadoweh up to l-1 was shadoweh herself so validon's comment seems like a twisting of the situation

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2013, 03:39:54 AM »
So it's just a jokevote then?
Notice how I said that I was waiting for Shadoweh to post.
Notice how in Shadoweh's next post she provides the reasoning.
I think these two facts are related somehow.

Conqueror

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2013, 03:43:29 AM »
Hey, Val, was the explanation behind not lynching someone during RVS necessary? I don't think it was.
Quote from: Mitsuki on Today at 05:24:12 pm
BT, do you find what Validon did suspicious? If so, why?
The need to clarify things even when they're obvious.

although now that im looking at page one again im curious about something
bt, why did you see validon's vote as a clarification of "something obvious" rather than part of his reasoning for avoiding the wagon or for voting for serela? it's a weird part of his statement to latch on to.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2013, 03:47:10 AM »
actually hmmm
nvm i see how you could read it that way; depends on how you arrange the clauses although i still kinda want you to explain how you got to your conclusion

--cut yeah that's what i figured but he doesn't actually say that does he? i read people as "the group of people voting for shadoweh"
But he's voting for Serela, so I take it as implying Serela's vote is the main problem, and is also encouraging an RVS mislynch.
I could see now how it could be interpreted differently now, though.

Notice how I said that I was waiting for Shadoweh to post.
Notice how in Shadoweh's next post she provides the reasoning.
I think these two facts are related somehow.
Those posts were all on the next page, which made it harder to connect *shrug*
I'll drop that line of suspicion for now if it helps.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2013, 03:52:43 AM »
Dan can we have a votecount yet?

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
Re: You Don't Know the Setup Mafia
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2013, 04:16:32 AM »
Because you can ask anytime for a Vountcount 1.2

BT (1) - Vhaltz/Mitsuki
CF7 (0) -
Validon (2) - NNR, Conq/PX
Serela (2) - CF7, Validon
SB (0) -
Conq/PX (0) - 
NNR (3) - SB, Serela, Shadoweh/Dormio
Vhaltz/Mitsuki (0) -
Shadoweh/Dormio (1) - BT

NNR is at L-2!
Not Voting (0)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or no-lynch

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Don't lynch me.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2013, 04:57:12 AM »
bt, why did you see validon's vote as a clarification of "something obvious" rather than part of his reasoning for avoiding the wagon or for voting for serela? it's a weird part of his statement to latch on to.
Because that part is completely useless if he just wants to randvote Serela. "Oh man I didn't want to lynch someone during RVS because it's RVS and it's the same as randvoting [i'm asuming this is what he meant with bringing up "mislynch"] everyone must know." The impulse to give the town as much input as possible without considering if that input is needed is a scum impulse as it'd be a shame to throw away a very very valuable RVS thought process (not really).

But that's a good point:
ftr initially i kinda wanted to instavote validon for what i thought was a white knight of the shadoweh wagon but validon is prone to overstatement from past experience
>implying not wanting to lynch someone during RVS is white knighting
for now; would like a response from him to my earlier question, especially now that i remember that one of the people bringing shadoweh up to l-1 was shadoweh herself so validon's comment seems like a twisting of the situation
>implying there was an objective behind this "twisting of the situation" outside of, oh, not lynching someone during RVS

So really I should be asking you this and not the other way around.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2013, 04:58:04 AM »
##Vote: BT

Validon usually does that kind of thing, so I think it's weird you're qualifying that as suspicious.
Did he open last game this way? "That kind of thing" is conveniently vague.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2013, 04:59:27 AM »
I mean I was kind of expecting a response from Validon until I returned but I guess not.

(I see your online time cutie.)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2013, 05:03:24 AM »
NNR why'd you qualify Dormio's early Serela vote as a votehop when he basically qualified it as RVS here?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2013, 05:16:22 AM »
ALSO Conq it's interesting that you go from "but validon is prone to overstatement from past experience" to voting him anyway. If you thought he was worth poking at this stage regardless I don't see the point of that statement.