Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Server closed  (Read 287986 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
[Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Server closed
« on: June 17, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »
- MotK MINECRAFT SERVER -

Welcome to the official MotK Minecraft server!
Address: 216.144.246.248
Live Map: http://216.144.246.248:8123/
Ops: Stuffman (Stuffman42) and Dr. Strafe (Dr_Strafe)

NOTICE! This is a Whitelisted server! That means you cannot join unless I've added you to our Whitelist. If you'd like to request access, simply PM me or Dr. Strafe (remember to give us your Minecraft username!!). Note that this means you must be a member of MotK to join; if you've obviously only joined the forum to get access to the server, then I'll likely deny the request. This is due to griefing problems we've had with outsiders in the past. Sorry!

Running Minecraft v1.3.1 with Bukkit.
Current plugins in use:
Borderguard: Limits the size of each world. If you move past the border, you'll be teleported back to it.
dynmap: Enables the Live Map linked above.
EndReset: Automatically regenerates the End a certain amount of time after everyone has left it (currently 2 hours), Enderdragon, Crystals, and all.
LogBlock: Logs all changes to blocks and chests. Anti-griefing tool.
LWC (Lightweight Chest Protection): Allows you to lock your chests, furnaces, doors, etc to stop people from stealing your stuff.
Essentials: Provides a wide variety of utility commands.
Multiverse: Allows us to have multiple worlds.
PearlXP: Allows you to store XP in Ender Pearls.
PermissionsBukkit: Controls access to other plugins.
RecipeManager: Allows us to create custom recipes.
WorldEdit: Allows ops to make large-scale edits to the map. Contact us if you'd like to make a request, but you'd better have a good reason!
WorldGenerationControl: Allows ops to generate maps without exploring them manually. Hopefully you'll never see this while it's active, since it causes a lot of lag.
WorldGuard: Provides various protections to players and the map.

SERVER FEATURES

Worlds:
world - Our main world is pregenerated at 6400 x 6400, and is intended to be the main place of residence for our players.
world_nether - The Nether also has a maximum size of 6400 x 6400, but it is not pregenerated. Nether portals will only function in the main world. Glowstone deposits may be regenerated occasionally.
world_the_end - Unfortunately we are still working on a reliable solution for regenerating the end so that people can fight the Enderdragon without an op spawning it. In any case, The End will frequently be deleted and regenerated, so don't plan on anything lasting there for long.
world_flat - Presenting the new flatworld! It is a 1600 x 1600 expanse of nothing but grass. Animals and mobs do not spawn here. This world is for art projects. Players are not permitted to have their homes here, however.
world_adventure - A chaotic world that will be deleted and changed about every two weeks. Build here at your own risk, since it will be deleted without warning! But great riches await those who explore it.

Here's a list of the nonstandard stuff you can do with the plugins we have installed.

Essentials commands:
/afk - Notes you as AFK (away-from-keyboard) so people know you're not there at the moment. Automatically ends when you move a short way.
/compass - gives you the direction you're facing.
/depth - gives you your current depth/height in the world.
/getpos - give you your current coordinates in the world.
/help - gives you a full list of all the commands you have access to.
/ignore - lets you ignore the text of people you don't like.
/list - lists everyone currently on the server.
/mail - lets you send and check messages from other players.
/MЕ - use this to emote an action, i.e. /me eats a Gwahaha.
/motd - displays the MotD.
/msg - lets you send a private message to another player. Use /r to quickly respond to someone that just messaged you.
/near - lists nearby players.
/realname - tells you the real username of a player that has a nickname (indicated by a ~ in front of their name). Only ops can set nicknames, ask us if you want one.
/seen - tells you when a player was last online.
/spawn - teleports you to spawn in the main world.
/home - teleports you to your home position.
/sethome - saves your current position as your home.
/warp - provides a list of all warp points available. Use /warp warp_name to warp to teleport to that warp point.

LWC commands:
When you use an LWC command, you'll be asked to hit the chest you want to apply the command to. Protected chests can't be destroyed by anyone but the person that made them.
/cprivate - use this to create a private chest. Only you (and ops) can open it.
/cpassword - use this to create a chest with a password. Anyone that knows the password can access it.
/cremove - removes protections from the chest.
See here for other, more advanced LWC functions.

Using Logblock:
There are two tools that will allow you to see Logblock data.
1) tool - right-click a block with the Logblock tool (in our case, a stick) to see its history.
2) toolblock - place a toolblock (in our case, bedrock) in a space to see its history.
History is logged up to 7 days. world, world_nether, and world_flat are all being logged, but world_the_end is not.
/lb toolblock - gives you a toolblock. (Since a toolblock will immediately return to your inventory after being placed, you can't actually use the bedrock that this command gives you.)

Using PearlXP:
Want to head off on an exciting adventure, but worried about losing your XP? Worry no more! PearlXP allows you store XP inside Ender Pearls.

Each Ender Pearl can store up to 170 XP, enough to take you from level 0 to level 10. To store XP in an Ender Pearl, simply hold one and left click (be careful not to right-click and throw it by accident!!). When you do so, your XP will be transferred to the pearl, and it will take on the appearance of an Eye of Ender. To regain the XP, left-click while holding the Eye, and it will give you the XP and tranform back into a plain Ender Pearl.

Pearls with XP inside them can't be stacked.

Custom Recipes:
Here are the custom recipes enabled by RecipeManager.

Mossy Cobblestone:
[seed]
[cobble]

Mossy Stone Brick:
[seed]
[stone brick]

Broken Stone Brick (yields 2):
[stone brick]
[stone brick]

Engraved Stone Brick (yields 4):
[stone brick] [stone brick]
[stone brick] [stone brick]

Nether Brick:
Smelt netherrack in a furnace

Sponge:
[soul sand] [soul sand] [soul sand]

Web:
[string] [empty] [string]
[empty] [string] [string]
[string] [empty] [string]

Chain Armor:
Build any armor piece out of iron fence

Mass colored wool (yields 4):
This allows you to color four blocks of wool at a time with one dye, increasing efficiency.
[empty] [dye] [empty]
[empty] [wool] [empty]
[wool] [wool] [wool]
Improved from the last version, the wool used in this recipe can be any mix of colors.

Warp Points:
Would you like to construct a public warp point? Now you can!! However, it is costly to do so.

If you would like to create a warp point you must flawlessly reproduce a SHRINE OF GAPS. A standalone shrine can be found in world_flat for inspection.

The materials you will need a for a SHRINE OF GAPS are as follows:
- 1 diamond block
- 4 iron blocks
- 36 endstone
- 32 obsidian
- 9 glowstone
- 4 netherrack (you may omit the flames on the netherrack if you have fire safety concerns)
- 2 signs (with the name of the warp inscribed on them)

Once you have perfectly reproduced a Gap Shrine, you may submit it to me for inspection. If it is found to be flawless, I shall protect it and create a permanent warp point on it for anyone to use! You may construct a Gap Shrine anywhere except The End.

Current warp points:
spawn - Spawn in the main world.
world_flat - Center of world_flat.
Ahreynn - A desert town near the bottom of the map.
Aria - A future reproduction of the town Neo-Venezia from Aria on a huge grassy island in the southwest ocean.
Castlevania - A tribute to the classic castle of chaos on a small hilly continent to the far west.
Desert - The desert just north of Spawn, next to a colosseum.
Hakutown - A large town to the south with buildings owned by many players, well known for its huge walls.
Houraiville - A mostly cosmetic town in the plains far to the east.
Infernal - The Infernal Republic, a fortress on the desert beach furthest to the north.
Knoxville - A huge, snowy city of stone in the rolling icy plains at the southeast corner of the map.
Shazbot - An enormous fortress occupying an entire island in the northeast ocean.
SkyCity - A city under construction upon a gigantic flying stone slab above the southwest ocean.
Tanuki - A lovely scenic area with a high school nearby on the northwest continent.
Worldship - A UFO-like flying garden above the west ocean.
WumboMelons - A truly breathtaking land, made entirely of melons, poised in the sky above the mushroom island in the west ocean.

SERVER RULES

1) This is a friendly community!
- No killing other players.
- No breaking, altering, or otherwise messing with other players' stuff.
- No stealing from other players.
2) Keep our spawn clean!
- Please refrain from building "poverty art", or intentionally unsightly structures, in high-traffic public areas, such as spawn.
- A Donation Hall has been created for donation chests. No beggar chests outside of it!
3) No squatters in flatworld!
- world_flat is for art projects only. You can build houses for display, but you cannot put your actual base here. To be more specific, you may not place furnaces or use chests for anything other than short term storage of building materials for the project in question. If you are found to be breaking this rule, you will be warned once, and if you persist your possessions will be mercilessly destroyed. >:D

That should do it. Everything should be working normally, but if you find any bugs, please report them!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:12:17 AM by Stuffman »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Back online with v1.2.5!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »
No imports yet, so you're in survival mode 'til me and Strafe get started on it. However, you should at least have everything that was in your inventory.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 04:00:02 PM »
GET HYPE! Connecting now! :getdown:
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »
New Infernal Republic is located, established, and ready for imports. Totally relevant to everyone else. :V
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 06:38:06 PM »
Well I guess i'll actually play this time instead of asking to be added to the whitelist and only play once before getting distracted by alot of stuff.

Probably not a good idea to play when I want to locate nether forts while I have upwards of 1000 ping though

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 06:51:15 PM »
Gonna set up in the Taiga at (1812, 260).

Gotta cut down all those trees.

Nvm nothing but a huge hill covered in trees xC
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:27:59 AM by Dlanor A. Knox »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 07:06:36 PM »
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BITCHES IT'S ON
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 08:01:03 PM »
Told ya we would be back.. just... later than expected. :V

Welcome back, everyone.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 09:30:22 PM »
Impressive, yes, but I think it's a bit too much for spawn. That's just my opinion though. :V
Bad command or file name

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 09:39:50 PM »
Edit: I found a better place, so this location (see other post on this page) is free again:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:52:40 PM by puremrz »
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2012, 09:41:41 PM »
Was looking at making a design for spawn thats prettier. What do you guys think of it?
That's pretty fancy there. But I like a Spawn area with a view of the outside, so I know which direction to head. :V Also, the fire/lava invites trouble.

BlackSparda

• Reimu Hakurei empress through gods grace
  • Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 09:42:43 PM »
found a place for the hakurei city    this time the city is further away from spawn than last time :V[attach=1]

puremrz

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 09:46:32 PM »
found a place for the hakurei city    this time the city is further away from spawn than last time :V[attach=1]

It's a good thing we can make "portals" now! :D
Even when it was as close as last time, I can't stand walking for longer than 30 seconds. :P

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 09:58:51 PM »
Even when it was as close as last time, I can't stand walking for longer than 30 seconds. :P
Don't ever hike to my base, then :V

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 10:54:12 PM »
>server reopens!
>school opens!

I'll be back after the week, guys, assuming I don't get buried other school work. :V

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 02:21:59 AM »
Small updates:
- Replaced the SHRINE OF GAPS at spawn with the old yin-yang, by popular demand.
- I moved my old house over and used a bunch of my stocks to construct a new warp at the future site of the new Castlevania. You can check it out with /warp castlevania, although there isn't much to see yet.
- I changed the dynmap chat so that you can't chat unless the server recognizes your IP, i.e. you have to log in at least once. This should be a cleaner solution to banning IPs, solving the problem of proxies. If it blocks you by accident, I apologize, but I do need a way to control this.
- I think most of our regulars dropped in today, but in case you haven't - when you first arrive on the server you'll be in old_world1, which is there for import purposes. Please don't mess around with anything in there; just enter /warp spawn to go to the new world, or if that doesn't work for some reason come back when me or Strafe is online and we'll get you back with the rest of the group.

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 04:02:03 AM »
Okay, everyone. I managed to get home from work early, so.... Schematic importing is officially open!

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 09:29:19 AM »
Have a Shrine of Gaps completed and ready for inspection in my village far to the north of spawn.  :V
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 10:08:29 AM »
- I changed the dynmap chat so that you can't chat unless the server recognizes your IP, i.e. you have to log in at least once.
Welp, that means I can't talk anymore. Did you have problems in the past with people from outside the server spamming the chat via live map? Would you mind telling me about it? The good thing is, you can now view the chat history no problem. But why does health/armor no longer show under people's nicknames?
EDIT: reportedly even people who logged in on the server at least once cannot use the livemap chat while not in the game.
I can see lighting glitches from up there! (You know, often times freshly-generated overhangs will be pitch-black, as if there was no light near it, until you update a block or the lights in its vicinity. It's very common in multiplayer at least, and goes away easily.) I wonder if they look the same in-game.
What lies beyond the 6400x6400 range? It looks like it's just the void from that point onwards.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:31:39 AM by /cardinalshaft_central/ »

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 10:45:55 AM »
- I changed the dynmap chat so that you can't chat unless the server recognizes your IP, i.e. you have to log in at least once. This should be a cleaner solution to banning IPs, solving the problem of proxies. If it blocks you by accident, I apologize, but I do need a way to control this.
I've heard some complaints from players that they cannot comment on livefeed unless they are connected to the server as well. It seems that you and I can bypass this restriction..

Oh, and people would like access to /suicide. Pfft. Lemmings. :V

Welp. First day of schematic importing has been largely successful. EP's Tower, Exuro's Fortress and Mansion, and Sparda's Hakurei City have all been imported with nothing missing. There have been some bizarre situations with redstone wiring, doors misaligned, and pistons eating blocks here and there... But that stuff can be fixed. I feel more confident in transferring our crap between worlds, although it is still quite a bit of legwork. I'll try my best to get around to everyone.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:07:11 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 11:02:08 AM »
We're back up? Nice! I'll join ( and try to be more acive this time ) as soon as i get back from Turkey. In the meantime, brainstorm activate!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 02:40:31 PM »
Built a warp shrine in Hakutown since most people rely on that area but it's fairly far now.

Also the spawn in world-flat doesn't seem protected....
Bad command or file name

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 06:22:27 AM »
*post*  :X

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 06:26:12 AM »
Our first crash? :V
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 06:29:27 AM »
Apparently. I'm currently trying to get it back online.

It's back online now.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:32:46 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 06:29:39 AM »
Time to document this day. The first time the server crashed, again.

BlackSparda

• Reimu Hakurei empress through gods grace
  • Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 09:03:44 AM »
unlimited terra forming works :V   
[attach=1]

red: mostly normal terra forming
orange: strafes beach idea
yellow: also a bit terra forming hopefully without to destroy the forest
dark grey , grey: new wall       the left part could go diagonal to the coast or straight down to the coast (should have made the pic bigger :V)
dark red: harbor area

puremrz

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »
The Tanuki Empire has settled to the north west, near Strafe's Dr. Wily base!

It's right...

here.

I'll set up a portal there once I find a good place for that. So far only the school building is imported, and that is far from done, so there isn't much need to visit yet.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »
Fought 4 Enderdragons with Sparda earlier. Killed the last one...and suddenly 2-3 more spawned! :o

This might make the End even crazier....:V
Bad command or file name