Author Topic: touhou 14 not starting  (Read 2891 times)

Lunatic_Alice

• Seven Colored Puppeteer
touhou 14 not starting
« on: July 16, 2014, 07:39:19 PM »
Alright so here is the story, Touhou 14 - Double Dealing Character has only ever ran on the laptop I use that runs Windows 7 OS once and now every time I try to start it, it gives me some weird error in gibberish and won't start. Help please!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: touhou 14 not starting
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 10:40:41 PM »
Can you post a screenshot of the error message? And what laptop do you run it on?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Lunatic_Alice

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 01:56:33 AM »
Can you post a screenshot of the error message? And what laptop do you run it on?

this is it and the laptop I use is a Toshiba Satellite C655 and this is the only touhou game that does this I have all the touhou games and none of them do this all of the other ones run perfectly at 60fps

Lunatic_Alice

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 02:12:08 AM »

bigger image

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 02:26:57 AM »
Can you post a screenshot of your custom.exe, as well as the contents of your TH14 directory?
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 02:56:34 AM »
Are you trying to run the game full screen on max resolution? In most screens it won't start, you have to either use a smaller resolution for fullscreen, or play windowed.

Lunatic_Alice

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 05:10:52 PM »
Are you trying to run the game full screen on max resolution? In most screens it won't start, you have to either use a smaller resolution for fullscreen, or play windowed.

Yea it ended up being the resolution i had to change also do you know where i can find an English patch or has one not been released for th14