Author Topic: I don't understand; why is Aya a slut, but not Sakuya?  (Read 33199 times)

Kanako Yasaka

Re: I don't understand; why is Aya a slut, but not Sakuya?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 11:46:28 PM »
Just getting this out there to piss donut off: I like Aya more than Yukari. :O

Actually...that's a lie, but still, ZENGAR is right. You don't need facts to like/dislike a character
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 11:58:15 PM by Kanako Yasaka »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 12:23:22 AM »
Taking it easy.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:37:04 AM by Amaterasu-ōmikami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 01:15:07 AM »
I've read alot of books and whatnot. But honestly, there just doesn't seem to be enough text in Touhou games to really make any character have alot of depth to them. Not only that, but even if they are shallow as #@%%#@, you can't really predict what they are thinking imo just cuz they don't have much chance to say much overall. There's less story in a Touhou game imo than there is in a single chapter of most novels I read. Not that I'm complaining, it's a shooter game not an RPG.

One note hit me though:
And of course I didn't even touch upon how most of her articles turn into slander. Shikieiki herself states that Aya will throw in half truths if her articles aren't enough on their own. Again, this may be a "your mileage may vary" thing, but I absolutely hate people like that.

I haven't really read any articles or whatever (I haven't played shoot the bullet, is that where you actually see an article?).

But Shikieiki is probably the only character in the whole series imo that is shallow enough to be figured out with what little she has to say (That is the final boss in PoFV right? I forget her name, but I assume you speak of her). She'll sophistrize (I just made that word up lol) any deed into a reason to burn in hell >=P.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 01:26:05 AM »
I haven't really read any articles or whatever (I haven't played shoot the bullet, is that where you actually see an article?).
Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red is a (Semi, I think) Canon "Edition" of the Bunbunmaru newspaper.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 02:02:08 AM »
The Maikaze-Aya actually felt like repentance for fanon-Aya. They did a good job with her imo.
No, the Maikaze-Aya basically stole Marisa's personality and left her dry and doing nothing for the rest of the episode (the bit in the library still ticks me off).

Irrespective of the whole meme, which I think is idiotic, I absolutely hate Aya.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Drake

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 02:12:05 AM »
No, the Maikaze-Aya basically stole Marisa's personality and left her dry and doing nothing for the rest of the episode (the bit in the library still ticks me off).
It doesn't change my point, though~

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Tengukami

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 02:17:00 AM »

So now Aya is responsible for Marisa being written into the sidelines of the first and only episode? Wow.

Here, have some drumming:

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

theshirn

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 02:20:47 AM »
So now Aya is responsible for Marisa being written into the sidelines of the first and only episode? Wow.
Umm, did you watch it?  Aya was the one taking books and chucking them around the library; when the hell did she ever do anything like that?  There was prime material there for Marisa to take a book and run a joke/dialogue, and instead it turned into another Aya showcase (and an adorable "Mukyu!", but still).

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Tengukami

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 02:23:29 AM »
Umm, did you watch it?

Yes, I did. It's also a doujin work - i.e. not canon.

theshirn

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2009, 02:26:22 AM »
Yes, I did. It's also a doujin work - i.e. not canon.
Agreed.  It just seemed a little odd that they'd pull stuff with no basis in any of the official or fan works like that.

Tengukami

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2009, 02:29:12 AM »
Agreed.  It just seemed a little odd that they'd pull stuff with no basis in any of the official or fan works like that.

While we're on that topic, how about this: Why does Reimu send Suika out to BUY SAK??

theshirn

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2009, 02:41:16 AM »
While we're on that topic, how about this: Why does Reimu send Suika out to BUY SAK??
Because Suika knows the good stuff, of course!  And because the villagers are...completely used to an oni coming into town to buy drinks!  Of course!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2009, 02:49:19 AM »
There's less story in a Touhou game imo than there is in a single chapter of most novels I read.

You're clearly not looking very hard. Touhou may not be the most plot heavy series out there, but I'm sick and tired of people always saying that Touhou has no depth or anything. Is it not the characters and general idea of the series that has attracted 90% of its fanbase?

Also, BAiJR is completely canon FYI.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2009, 03:08:17 AM »
You're clearly not looking very hard. Touhou may not be the most plot heavy series out there, but I'm sick and tired of people always saying that Touhou has no depth or anything. Is it not the characters and general idea of the series that has attracted 90% of its fanbase?

Also, BAiJR is completely canon FYI.

aye. reading on the topic I realized there was stuff other than the games. But.. yer, you're a silly-ninny if you think the games alone feature alot of depth story-wise >=P

Tengukami

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2009, 03:18:36 AM »
Because Suika knows the good stuff, of course!  And because the villagers are...completely used to an oni coming into town to buy drinks!  Of course!

Ha, yeah. That was my first "WTF?" moment in that episode. I was like, "Wait, doesn't Suika have a bottomless gourd of sak??"

theshirn

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 03:19:58 AM »
Ha, yeah. That was my first "WTF?" moment in that episode. I was like, "Wait, doesn't Suika have a bottomless gourd of sak??"
Yeah, but would YOU want to drink from it?  Considering as Suika's been using it for Moriya only knows how long?

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 04:52:17 AM »
I never actually saw the gourd in the anime, but it's probably cuz Suika got drunk(duh), dropped it, and lost it somewhere. Besides, it may be infinite, but I think the sake only has one flavor.

FIGHT!

Tengukami

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 05:26:14 AM »
Reimu Hakurei: Only the best for her guests. No common oni sak? for them.

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 05:38:32 AM »
I don't understand; why is Sakuya assumed to wear Pads; but not other characters?
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 06:16:50 AM »
I don't understand; why is Sakuya assumed to wear Pads; but not other characters?
Because the severe variation of her breast size when drawn by the Tasofro crew on IaMP (Or it was SWR)?

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2009, 06:22:06 AM »
Mostly likely IaMP as it came 1st, but Embodiment of Scarlet Devil Sakuya has to be the worst loli ZUN has ever produced. I laugh every time I look at it.

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2009, 06:41:21 AM »
Well, it does say in her EoSD profile that her age is "10-20." (Mind you, it's entirely plausible for a Japanese woman to look like that, especially with ZUN's art of her ...)

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2009, 07:04:56 AM »
But what about meiling's, yukari's and yuyuko's weren't theirs small in the original game?
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Tengukami

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2009, 08:53:44 AM »

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2009, 09:33:05 AM »
'Face chest on sakuya' "ow that hurt!" (for people who think i am making fun of I am not and also is one of my favourite character)

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2009, 12:02:52 AM »
Yeah, but would YOU want to drink from it?  Considering as Suika's been using it for Moriya only knows how long?

but Suika does drink from it in IaMP (unless she's faking). And it's stated to be a very precious treasure to the oni (unless someone thinks that she's using it to sell sake to others instead, thus making profit from it).

I agree that Aya didn't really mean to allow Utsuho to turn the surface into a wasteland, and Utsuho might not even have wanted to do that, from the start ("untamed" or not). Canon would otherwise have killed Remilia or Sakuya after EoSD (unless Reimu's route isn't canon and they got introduced to each other through Marisa), and perhaps Mystia after IN. Also, tengu are known for not being truthful, and oni, for the opposite.

Imho I can't remember a single example where fanon characters are preferable over canon ones. Fanon is for creating memes about alternative versions of the characters, not for making said alternate versions the official ones (unless ZUN says so).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:29:40 AM by shadowbringer »
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2009, 12:19:06 AM »
But what about meiling's, yukari's and yuyuko's weren't theirs small in the original game?

Yukari's actually looked like ZUN tried to give her breasts, but failed.

Anyway, Sakuya being around 20 would work out decently. Make her 18 at the time, and she'd be legal drinking age by the time they actually start having alcohol in Touhou.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2009, 04:19:29 AM »
The legal drinking age... In Gensokyo.

Right.

Tengukami

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2009, 04:22:07 AM »
The legal drinking age... In Gensokyo.

Right.

Shikeiki cards people. And by "cards" I mean asks to see their drivers licenses or other form of valid identification.

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2009, 04:24:51 AM »
Prepubescent girls in frilly skirts fly around all hours of the day in Gensokyo and Yabadabadoo is worried about valid forms of identification?