Author Topic: Miscellaneous Questions Thread (LOOK HERE OR DIE)  (Read 201030 times)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: Miscellaneous Questions Thread (LOOK HERE OR DIE)
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 07:31:45 PM »
Personally, I think she'd only ever need to use "Boundary of Fair Play and Cheating".  Which would kinda suit her, now that I think about it...

Boundary of fanon and canon :V
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2009, 02:36:28 AM »
What's a clip?

Then clipdeath and so on and so forth?
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2009, 03:22:15 AM »
What's a clip?

Then clipdeath and so on and so forth?

Clipping is when you just barely hit the edge of a bullet's hitbox, usually as a result of grazing too closely. Thus, a clipdeath is dying in such a manner.

Drake

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2009, 03:25:34 AM »
Clip and clipdeath are the same. There's not really a solid definition you could come up with, it's just deaths that really shouldn't have happened judging from the distance between you and the bullet. Stuff that if you were even a few pixels off, could have avoided.

Go play MoF stage 6 and try Kanako's second card. It looks like you'll survive getting through a gap, but you might just die anyways.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2009, 03:52:44 AM »
Sounds more like kanako's third to me.

The knives are negligible, but the waves of blue spheres gets me everytime unless I bomb or bug shot.

Yes i still use marisa bugged, I just don't abuse the glitch, it's still my best shot type.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2009, 02:17:30 PM »
ZUN released a patch for that long ago.

Drake

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2009, 07:13:05 PM »
Actually... he didn't lol

The Vsync patch does have an option to disable it, though.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2009, 09:12:28 AM »
What ? I could swear a patch was released for MoF like after eternity. Or am I becoming already demented?

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2009, 08:48:25 PM »
There was, but it didn't fix Marisa-B.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2010, 07:32:09 AM »
How exactly do I add a photo to the thread? Theres the button in the menu while I'm posting, but I'm not sure how to add it. Do I type in the file name? orrrrrrrrrr.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2010, 08:49:15 AM »
Just put the URL to the image in between the [ img ] and [/ img ] tags. Also, make sure you aren't hotlinking either.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2010, 02:53:45 PM »
Just put the URL to the image in between the [ img ] and [/ img ] tags. Also, make sure you aren't hotlinking either.

Ahhhhhhh, I see, thank you very much!

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2010, 04:25:29 AM »
This is something that seems to vary from source to source, so I'm hoping you guys would have a definite answer:

Does Mokou's hatred extend to the entire Eintei crew, or does she only hate Kaguya? That is, does she hate Eirin/Reisen/Tewi/etc. as well, or does she only hold her grudge against Kaguya specifically?

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2010, 04:41:35 AM »
She seems to get along okay with the other Eientei dwellers, from what I've seen... It's just Kaguya she's got a problem with.

...And even then, she mostly seems to be fighting her out of habit nowadays.  The way I see it, she doesn't really hate her anymore, she's just trying to kill her over and over again because that's all she really knows anymore.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2010, 04:45:59 AM »
Yeah, she gets along fine with Reisen at least in Inaba of the Mearth ... I mean, I can understand her not getting along with Tewi. It's not clear if she's actually met Tewi or Eirin ...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2010, 01:50:39 AM »
Not sure if this kinda question goes in this thread, but whatever.

Anyway, a few months back I remember browsing youtube videos on some Touhou game or another, I don't really remember. ANYWAY at the time I saw gameplay videos of some Touhou fangame, and something just reminded me of it, and I'm kind of interested in maybe trying it later. But I can't because I don't remember its name, nor do I remember the string of videolinks I took to find it.

It was NOT the touhou bomberman game, but it looked somewhat like it. The players were bigger, there were less obstacles on the map than on bomberman, but you get the same multiplayer boxed in together type deal where they try to kill each other. Kinda like a bomberman meets 2D super smash bros or something. Almost like mystical chain, except you could move up and down, and it was clearly multiplayer oriented.

If anybody could give me the name I'd appreciate it.

Drake

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2010, 07:43:05 AM »
Touhou Rekkaden.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2010, 08:53:42 AM »
Touhou Rekkaden.

*searches youtube for this and watches videos*
Yup, that's it! Thank you very much.

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2010, 01:17:43 AM »
Just out of curiosity, who is the god of the Hakurei shrine?

Badass bookworms

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2010, 01:58:27 AM »
Nobody knows.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2010, 09:43:25 AM »
Nobody knows.

This is true, not even Reimu. Though I read somewhere that Mima might know. Of course this might be one of many Mima-obsessive fans who is just saying that.

Another lore question for myself. I've seen some screenshots and videos of SDM girls up to some of their antics. I know the SDM cast, Remi, Flandre, Sakuya, Patchy, Hong, Patchy's imp, oodles of fairy maids. (all 3 of my top 3 touhou characters are SDM characters btw, I'm a SDM whore). ANYWAY sometimes I see a strange blonde-character who I don't know. I can't post links or whatever (sorry), but I'll try to refer one example I remember clearest of all.

A certain Aya-obsessive fan on these forums (not sure what his name is atm) once posted on Cirno's some video link about Remi and her gang constructing a spaceship, and Remi launching herself there or whatever. In the video, it showed Patchy walking past a mirror occasionally, and her reflection would show this said strange blonde character I don't know. WTF is that? Touhou wiki does NOT mention Patchy having an alter ego. I've seen this character later in some screen shot later on, and it became a broken link shortly after I found it. Anybody know? Anybody even know wtf I'm talking about? I asked some people already and they think I'm pulling this out of my ass.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2010, 09:54:34 AM »
Since you're talking about EoSD, my guess would be on Rin Satsuki. Blond-haired would fit the image given to her by the fans.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2010, 12:22:50 PM »
...Post a link to that video, Ghaleon...

Does the girl look anything like this?

Because if so, she is mai waifu Rin Satsuki.  Looks like I've not been doing my job right if people still don't recognise her, grumble-grumble...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2010, 05:53:35 PM »
I think he's talking about that creepy ZUNart video that was a sort of retelling of the first part of the SDM's involvement in SSiB. Hmm ... I don't have a link handy ...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2010, 08:02:47 PM »
No it's not Rin, and I don't have a link to that video handy. I'll keep an eye out for it though. She had longer hair than Rin.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2010, 08:21:23 PM »
Knowing the song played during the video actually made the search very easy. It is "Cry for the Moon" by "Epica".  :V
This is the video.
The mirror scene in question is at about 2:25 into the video.

The figure in the mirror is Koakuma, as is evidenced by the head-wings. The confusion results from her hair having a shade of orange rather than the dark red it is usually depicted with.

Q.E.D.

*killed by ripples of 495 years*
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:22:59 PM by Iryan »
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
Eh.. that's it all right, thought she was blonde. Thanks though, could have sworn I saw a blonde girl I didn't recognize related to patchy somehow from a pic too. But chances are that was a mistake too.

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2010, 12:33:29 PM »
Why, in the extra stage of eosd, is patchy's hair blue?

The five magic rolling stones

Drake

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2010, 05:29:36 PM »
ZUN applied random hues to pretty much every sprite in Extra Stage for reasons nobody knows. Even Koakuma was changed, and she was never used.

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2010, 01:56:04 AM »
Is there a particular trick to triggering the Merlin glitch in PCB? I've tried several times to purposely set it off, but she always transitions into Concerto Grosso correctly.