Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221584 times)

Zil

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #630 on: January 14, 2013, 12:09:03 AM »
Going with the context of the entire comment, it seems like he had no Misses up until Yumemi, then started going through Extra Lives from that point forth.
Ah, alright. I gathered that much from the first line and where says he finished with zero lives, but Google Translate made that part sound very strange.

So anyway. No-Bomb 1cc with Rikako. I guess the picture doesn't actually show that but whatever. I decided to try some "survival" runs for a change. Also did a 1MNB run with Yumemi, so I guess I could NMNB the whole game with some luck. I wonder which less broken characters I could no-bomb with though.

Congrats Reiko on the first Lunatic clear. Very good choice of game for it, yes.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #631 on: January 14, 2013, 01:41:30 AM »
So anyway. No-Bomb 1cc with Rikako. I guess the picture doesn't actually show that but whatever. I decided to try some "survival" runs for a change. Also did a 1MNB run with Yumemi, so I guess I could NMNB the whole game with some luck. I wonder which less broken characters I could no-bomb with though.
Do you think a no-damage run (bombs allowed) would be doable?

« Reply #632 on: January 14, 2013, 01:49:44 AM »
good work, now go perfect stage 4 :V you know you want to.
I'm almost certain that I'm going to perfect stage 6 before I perfect stage 4. There are just so many places where the RNG can screw you over. Momiji, Saruta Cross, Aya's third non, and PWG. And I'm terrible at Momiji and all of Aya's spell cards to boot so... Yes, even Terukuni. I can't capture that thing to save my life for some reason. Compare that to Stage 6, where the only parts that the RNG can really screw you over is the final death fairy (stage is pretty short though), sometimes Kanako's third non, though I'm not sure if I'm just doing it wrong at times, Yamato Torus, and very rarely Source of Rains. I can actually capture Kanako's opener 50-66% of the time now, and VoWG is getting easier for me. I can now manage a 4DNB timeout on good days, so I'm sure that I can manage a few more captures if I fix some of my movement mistakes during the early phases. Kind of sad that MoF stage 4 is harder to me than MoF stage 6 :V

Edit: Oh, and I just decided to dick around in SA before dinner and nabbed a BoWaP timeout on my first try. It's a lot less intimidating now :V
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:02:10 AM by Tsym »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #633 on: January 14, 2013, 02:06:50 AM »
why is it sad that stage 4 is harder? SA stage 4 and 5 are also harder than its stage 6, and while debatable, I think UFO stage 5 is harder than stage 6, too. the same applies to PCB stage 5 and 6. half of the games have harder stage 4s or 5s.

as for a perfect stage 6 MoF: spell, my capture rate on VoWG is 3/120 or so. you don't need to be good at the spell, you just need to not mess up when it counts :V

also, saruta cross isn't as RNG reliant as sotrm day or PWG. I never saw it do something even remotely impossible. just saying

Zil

« Reply #634 on: January 14, 2013, 02:33:46 AM »
Do you think a no-damage run (bombs allowed) would be doable?
Ha, I was thinking about how feasible that would be as well. I say yes, definitely. It's probably something I'll go after with Yumemi at some point, and maybe other characters as well in the distant future.

Also you should totally get around to beating this game on Lunatic yourself, Karisa. You said you intended to, and I think it'd be cool.

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #635 on: January 14, 2013, 02:41:09 AM »
> not getting hit ever.

if I tried that in PoFV or PoDD, I'd probably smash my head into the keyboard at some point. not to mention I play Komachi and Chiyuri respectively, which makes things in both games just a bit harder due to various reasons. anyone who ever pulls that off will be revered by me :V not that it's worth much.

also, me playing with a fast character > we all know how this is going to be.

1cc'ing PoDD on lunatic is a goal definitely worth going for. I say don't hesistate, karisa :V I also expect myself so seriously try it this year. I have too many plans for this year x.x
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 03:36:50 AM by Sakurei »

« Reply #636 on: January 14, 2013, 03:10:05 AM »
why is it sad that stage 4 is harder? SA stage 4 and 5 are also harder than its stage 6, and while debatable, I think UFO stage 5 is harder than stage 6, too. the same applies to PCB stage 5 and 6. half of the games have harder stage 4s or 5s.

as for a perfect stage 6 MoF: spell, my capture rate on VoWG is 3/120 or so. you don't need to be good at the spell, you just need to not mess up when it counts :V

also, saruta cross isn't as RNG reliant as sotrm day or PWG. I never saw it do something even remotely impossible. just saying
It might just be my inexperience at some games, but I've generally found stage 6 to be the toughest stage in every game save for MoF and SA. I can see the argument for why UFO stage 5 is harder than Byakuren, though it's near equal for me (Cloudy Way, 2nd non, DR, LFS vs Greatest Treasure, end stage spam, RTG, 2nd non, Vajra), but otherwise it's only those 2 games. I'm probably just splitting hairs though. I guess I've just always been intimidated by final bosses prior to really sitting down and attempting to no bomb MoF.

And Saruta cross doesn't give out completely impossible crap like PWG, but the RNG has this annoying tendency to give you bullets that stack on top of one another, which pisses me off to no end. I've never once been intimidated by storm day. It's always possible and not terribly tough.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #637 on: January 14, 2013, 03:45:30 AM »
Also you should totally get around to beating this game on Lunatic yourself, Karisa. You said you intended to, and I think it'd be cool.
Probably at some point, now that I have an actually working recording method (thanks for suggesting Debut, I'd never heard of it before that).

On the topic of MoF stage 4, I'd consider it by far the most difficult stage in the game. I wouldn't really consider UFO or PCB stage 5 to be harder than their corresponding stage 6, but it might be the case for MS Lunatic where Yumeko gets insane while Shinki doesn't change much.

Edit: I now have decent consistency at finishing IN Lunatic stage 1 with over 10,000 time orbs (350,000 point item value). Not that it means much when I don't have enough consistency at stage 2, but it feels nice, and it may help towards my goal of 3.4 billion.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:00:36 AM by Karisa »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #638 on: January 14, 2013, 02:12:25 PM »
So how long exactly does it take for Aya to die?

Got to 4 minutes a bit after that and she was chillin' with full hits.

(By the way, which character reflects bullets the fastest? Is it Aya? Because I tried playing AS Aya but that was terrible.)

Zil

« Reply #639 on: January 14, 2013, 05:05:11 PM »
The Lunatic AI lasts indefinitely. Or rather, it doesn't weaken over time. It has to get unlucky and trap itself to get hit. Having said that, Marisa's lasers are somewhat capable of trapping it, though Aya's speed probably makes her harder to hit than any other character. Her attacks are relatively easy to avoid, at least. Ultimately you'll need extreme luck to beat her.

About your second question, I'm not sure what you're asking. As far as I'm aware, the speed of a reflected bullet is determined by (perhaps even identical to) the speed at which it was initially fired. It doesn't matter who reflected them. So things like Reimu's lvl2 or Eiki's boss attack get sent back super fast, while Medicine's stuff is very slow, etc.

So I did another No-Bomb run in PoDD last night. This time with Reimu, on the first try after the Rikako run. I even had an extra life remaining. I guess Kotohime's my next target. She has the advantage of safe boss attacks and a demonic lvl1, but it'll take forever to win battles. Mima is also a possibility.

« Reply #640 on: January 14, 2013, 05:57:09 PM »
I have done it...I have finally done it!

Over three months of pain, over two hundred attempts at this card in a game without Spell Practice...but it is finally done.

I have timed out A Fantasy's Transience.

Without exaggeration, this is the single greatest Touhou-related thing I have ever done...and this includes the VoWG timeout.

« Reply #641 on: January 14, 2013, 06:00:29 PM »

MS normal 1cc with Mima! It wasn't that notable of a run, with a few deaths here and there on every boss starting with Alice (although I think I didn't die on any stage portion except stage 5). My perfect Alice and 1M Yumeko run would have been more awesome to clear, but I failed on the stages and especially badly on Yuki/Mai. :ohdear: I'm really liking LLS and MS now, though (awesome music, awesome characters); it's a shame ZUN doesn't want to remake them.
I also 1cc'd LLS normal with MarisaA on saturday (I think), but no screenie of that one. :V
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

« Reply #642 on: January 14, 2013, 06:01:34 PM »

Over three months of pain, over two hundred attempts at this card in a game without Spell Practice...but it is finally done.

Without exaggeration, this is the single greatest Touhou-related thing I have ever done...and this includes the VoWG timeout.

Congrats! Makes me sad that MB hasn't got replays. :ohdear:

EDIT: Cleared ultra Yukari, horrible run with only 1 spellcard bonus (Mesh of light & darkness).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:34:46 PM by Bang Jan »
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #643 on: January 14, 2013, 08:00:12 PM »

Cool! Now stop playing Marine Benefit.

In the meantime, I cleared TD Lunatic no-bomb no-trance. Really happy I never have to play this game again. Perfect Stage 4 and Stage 5 except for Futo's second non :V
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:44:34 PM by RNG »

« Reply #644 on: January 14, 2013, 11:37:22 PM »
Aya's speed probably makes her harder to hit than any other character.
My money's on Marisa.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #645 on: January 14, 2013, 11:49:35 PM »
http://youtu.be/cE7WTeTUxxk
http://youtu.be/gphpCQdSTgk

Phantasmagoria Trues NMNB Stage 4, right path, on Advanced and Standard. These were both done on January 4, but a combination of recording troubles and apathy toward fixing them has made me wait until now to get them both onto Youtube.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #646 on: January 14, 2013, 11:57:18 PM »

First with Border Team, and now with Ghost Team. :toot:

No, I'm not gonna do this with another team/char. :V

Oh and I got a no-focus capture of Scarlet Destiny meanwhile.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:36:46 AM by Wriggle »

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #647 on: January 15, 2013, 01:01:43 AM »

Holy crap you finally did it, I tried this card and it was horribly hard to try to timeout. Big congrats on it!

Spoiler:
Do Perfect Lunatic Mikoto now gogogogogogogogogo

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #648 on: January 15, 2013, 01:46:06 AM »
Spoiler:
Do Perfect Lunatic Mikoto now gogogogogogogogogo
This man's words have wisdom.

That's an amazing achievement though, congrats and I hope you aren't burned out. <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #649 on: January 15, 2013, 02:07:41 AM »
This man's words have wisdom.

That's an amazing achievement though, congrats and I hope you aren't burned out. <_<

speaking from experience, I assume?

anyway, good job on the NMNB stage 4. I tried and failed. may be because I suck, may be because I haven't played the game since forever. can't really tell.

and of course, congratz to malky, too. I never even captured that thing. timing it out is amazing

and congratz to RNG for his NBNT TD run. having a perfect stage or two (late game) in mandatory for a run to suceed in that game, so good job.

Zil

« Reply #650 on: January 15, 2013, 04:11:28 AM »
My money's on Marisa.
Why is that? Because she gets extra spell charge, perhaps? That is a good point, actually.

Well, I did yet another no bomb run. Kotohime this time. The colors are being screwy again. This is what the game looked like while playing. It's actually kind of cool this time. Everything's black, red, and purple. Much better than the eye melting neon hell that I usually get.

Congrats Malky and RNG. Awesome stuff.

« Reply #651 on: January 15, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »
I have practiced a bit of Mountain of Faith Lunatic scoring recently. My faith gains aren't very optimized but so far I'm 25k off the world record in terms of faith on Stage 1, 2 and 3 which means i'd probably be at 900-925,000 faith at Stage 4 if everything goes according to plan.

Stage 3 is oddly enough the easiest level for me so far to get decent faith in but it makes up for it by having a little spell called Hydro Camouflage that unfortunately still kills me about half the time but that spell will definitely not be the only thing killing me and ruining a run but it's one of the few really dangerous ones.

« Reply #652 on: January 15, 2013, 05:40:24 PM »
*Tries MOF ultra lunatic*

*Makes it to PWG on first attempt*
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #653 on: January 15, 2013, 11:44:26 PM »
Stage 3 is oddly enough the easiest level for me so far to get decent faith in but it makes up for it by having a little spell called Hydro Camouflage that unfortunately still kills me about half the time but that spell will definitely not be the only thing killing me and ruining a run but it's one of the few really dangerous ones.
I just auto-bomb it. Have you done a no-death run yet? There's not much point in trying to go for the harder captures in MoF if you haven't already done one, considering the game's huge penalty for dying. At least in my opinion. I'd be much more concerned about surviving stage 4, personally, especially since there's even less room for error if you're trying to keep enough power to bomb for stage 5's point items.

Edit:
OK, I've never captured Lunatic Kaguya's 4th last spell outside of spell practice, so I'll just try to supergraze it so at least I'll get some time orbs before I... wait, did I seriously just do that?

I then proceeded to fail Rising World for the second time ever (first was my first 1cc), but still, this was way beyond my 3.4 billion target. And I feel as good about it as I did after most of my first Lunatic 1ccs. I think I may upload a video of this.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:10:42 AM by Karisa »

ark

• みょん
« Reply #654 on: January 16, 2013, 06:04:47 AM »
I've basically never played EoSD Lunatic before. Well maybe I did once, but that must have been a loooong time ago.

[17:59:34] <@Nereid> I wonder how long it would take me to 1cc eosd lunatic.
[21:56:56] <@Nereid> clear 1/0

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=26407

I guess that's all the Windows games taken care of. Now I never have to play this awful game again.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:13:25 AM by Nereid »

« Reply #655 on: January 16, 2013, 07:17:01 AM »
I just auto-bomb it. Have you done a no-death run yet? There's not much point in trying to go for the harder captures in MoF if you haven't already done one, considering the game's huge penalty for dying.

I haven't no-missed the game before but that is not relevant here i think. My scoring goals are high so I can't just take myself the luxury to bomb away things just because they are hard. The only spell I plan on bombing is Peerless Wind God. Peerless Wind God is the hardest spell in the game and something I don't want to risk. I estimate that I can reach a capture rate of approximately 50% on Hydro Camouflage but of course, if it makes my life too miserable when I get to doing full runs I might cut it out of my planning but for now, I plan to capture everything in Stage 3 even if it will take some restarts to get through Stage 3.

I don't intend to settle for less than 1.75 billion and I'm hoping to get somewhere in the vicinity of 2 billion sometime in the future.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #656 on: January 16, 2013, 09:26:09 AM »
Oh, I guess you have a different way of playing than I do... or perhaps it's just because you're better at dodging, since I'd probably be trying to capture it myself if I had a 50% capture rate on it. My own history is like 5/70 or something.

Good luck on your high scoring goals.

« Reply #657 on: January 16, 2013, 10:54:29 AM »
Spellcard histories don't often do a very good job at properly portraying the frequency with which you capture things I find. My capture rate is 65/196 which is about 33% though this doesn't take into account that I've been messing around with Lunatic modes since 2009 and that this spell has been an auto-bomb card at one time, nor does it take into account that i've pacified the thing before and have been attempting to do it again to practice it. Instead, i generally keep mental logs about my capture rates instead of relying on the spellcard history. Like if I play the spell 10 times and capture it 5 times, i count on capturing it about half the time.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #658 on: January 16, 2013, 11:31:28 AM »
What, you think I rely on spellcard histories that much? I know they can be distorted like that. Like my history for most of Keine's cards is below half (56/118 21/77 19/73 29/65 25/62 19/37), even though I capture most of them nearly all the time now, from times when I kept continue-spamming IN Lunatic before I'd cleared Normal, as well as not learning strategies for certain spells for a while when going for my Lunatic 1cc. But still, 5 captures ever out of some large number of attempts gives a pretty good indication I'd think. I have similarly low capture rates on pretty much the entire Aya battle, which combined with Momiji/post-Momiji is why my main concern is surviving stage 4.

I guess that's good for anyone else who's reading this thread and hadn't already thought of that to know, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:40:48 AM by Karisa »

« Reply #659 on: January 16, 2013, 02:31:51 PM »
I didn't mean to imply that you rely on spellcard records that much, it was not my intention. You just went and mentioned your spell history and I wanted to say that mine was also relatively low but that I expected to survive with greater probability than my capture record would indicate.

I get some negative vibes from your post and if you've been annoyed by my unintended insinuations then I apologize.  :)