Author Topic: What do you want to never happen in Touhou?  (Read 67783 times)

What do you want to never happen in Touhou?
« on: May 07, 2012, 04:19:26 PM »
Works either ways, in-universe or in franchise terms.

For me it's the Industrialisation and/or the Modernisation of Gensokyo because it'd not look as good, it'd lose some of it's charm and I feel it'd cause Touhou to a lot of Spaceships and Mecha's unfortunately it feels like it's somewhat heading in that direction due to the faith gathering of the Moriya Shrine and the Kappas in general.

The appearance of the Dragon God because simply I dislike high powered God-like characters that could pretty much destroy everything, im not really a fan of dragons and well if it does appear the incident would have to be Gensokyo Changing.

Power

• The power is within you. :D
Re: What do you want to never happen in Touhou?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 06:13:27 PM »
A Hollywood Touhou made to please western audiences.  The amount of facepalm I can't even imagine if there's ever a trailer or announcement of it somewhere.   :ohdear:

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:25:31 PM »
The end of it. But nothing lasts forever, so yeah :V
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 08:06:34 PM »
"Touhou 14: exclusively for the PS3!"

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 08:19:42 PM »
Canon sex-scenes. Because just no.

How about Touhou "14: exclusively for Kinect!"?

A Hollywood Touhou made to please western audiences.  The amount of facepalm I can't even imagine if there's ever a trailer or announcement of it somewhere.   :ohdear:
Click here. You can thank (or curse) me later. Actually, just read the whole thread. Trust me, it is worth it.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 08:26:41 PM »
Mima or Sakuya to return :V

I don't want any character to canonically die. And I don't mean Kaguya die where they can resurrect, or Yuyuko ghost return. I mean...ACTUALLY die and never come back in any way, shape, or form because ZUN wants to GUARANTEE that they won't return. Not even as a spirit or anything.

Gouki doesn't count. Characters that exists today :V

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »
This

Also, the end of Touhou would be pretty sad. I haven't stayed that long in this fandom, but I've stayed long enough to grow some close ties with it.

In terms of canon stuff... Well, I guess this would apply to most of you, but it would be sad if you learned that your favorite Touhou character will never appear in any future games or official printworks at all - this means not even being mentioned or appearing in game endings (dunno how that would happen, but if it does happen to Yuyuko, in my case, I'd feel quite angry and sad at the same time).

Any character to canonically die.
Lol but if a random 1st stage boss in future games die like Orange from LLS that would be... interesting
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 08:29:24 PM »
Canon sex-scenes

:3

Yeah, I mean, we survived without canon ones for years and I doubt anyone would like to see this in ZUN-art, anyways  :derp:

Aside from this... I am not sure what I should think about cameos from other series. I know there have been Touhou cameos elsewhere so that ~might~ be fair, but I don't really like the thought of having 3rd-parties appear, instead of the vague references which are plentily fine for me.

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 09:06:50 PM »
I'd like to not see Touhou get a complete closure to the point where you can't do fanworks anymore. Like rocks fall and everyone dies or Gensokyo ceasing to exist.

Drake

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 10:36:22 PM »
I don't think anything that I would fear would end up ever happening. Things like a decisive end game, characters dying, complete modernization, losing that 'oriental' charm; that just isn't how Touhou works and I doubt ZUN would ever take such a direction.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Zil

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 12:12:50 AM »
I don't want Ten Desires to happen again.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 12:45:09 AM »
A story plot involving another group going all 'WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE'. UFO and TD did that plenty enough, methinks!
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Irate Researchers

• The Collector of Useless Facts
  • Consider the following...
    • Devart
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 04:16:26 AM »
Yoshika Zombie Apocalypse.

Non-zun musical score, third-party.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 04:37:57 AM »
Recurring characters in non-spinoff titles in stages past the first.

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 01:31:31 AM »
Love of the romantic variety.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 03:20:57 AM »
Love of the romantic variety.
Pretty much this.

I'm cool with just about anything else, but if yuri becomes canon then fuck it, I quit.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 03:57:46 AM »
Pretty much this.

I'm cool with just about anything else, but if yuri becomes canon then fuck it, I quit.

Is there much in the way of other options, though? :V

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 03:58:37 AM »
http://www.error1355.com/img/haters.jpg

For me, if a game was made that prominently featured males. If it was just one boss or something as a token male, I wouldn't care, but an entire story based around men just isn't what I've come to associate with Touhou. >_>
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 05:05:32 AM »
I don't want my Touhous to grow up.  I want my lolis to be lolis forever!  Also don't want to see Youmu dropped from future games.  It'd be a shame to see her go after the treatment she got with her TD shot type.  Nevermind that it's technically the best shot, it's awkward as hell and she deserves better :(.

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 07:35:07 AM »
I don't want my Touhous to grow up.  I want my lolis to be lolis forever! 

This. And

This.

And of course, the inclusion of male characters. Rinnosuke doesn't count since he doesn't make in-game appearances and Unzan doesn't count either because it's hilarious and because i think of him more as Ichirin's weapon than an actual boss.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 08:02:43 AM »
All of a sudden I feel shunned for preferring seeing the chars with some age on them. :(

Well, except for the ones that are obviously kid-sized like Suwako and Flandre, anyway.

(Or is "growing up" here basically meaning anything beyond mid-20s?)

Zil

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 08:06:59 AM »
Anything beyond puberty is intolerable!

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 08:27:38 AM »
This will definitely need some context if quoted in the future, but yes, I agree, I agree.

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 08:58:26 AM »
Is there much in the way of other options, though? :V

Pond, please; pan-asexuality plus parthenogenic reproduction; pretty rad, really.
Regarding previous point, relating particularly Reimu's prime pal's paternal parentage: maternal is mysteriously absent.

Spoiler:
Awww yeeeah worked in a mima is marisamom meme into a double aliteration involving spontaneous generation of touhous from single parents thus explaining why there never seems to be a character with both parents mentioned.

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 09:44:19 AM »
Don't want Marisa becoming a youkai, as a good deal of interpretations claim.

If that one theory about Reimu and Marisa's appearance in Seihou is supposed to be what happens to them I'll be a bit disappointed.

The point she wasn't born with superior power already and that her abilities are something that I think is implied she worked for is something I rather admire. The entire point someone known simply as an Ordinary Magician is keeping ground against youkai and other types of supernatural beings (albeit because of the spellcard rules you could say) is a concept I rather enjoy. I guess it comes from my pro-humanism beliefs and just seeing her become a youkai because her humanity is what limits her capabilities in magic just seems... I'unno, disappointing. I guess I'm just against how it seems like youkai are made out to be this group that is all around better than humanity in every way.

Though then again I guess you could say the whole point Vivit, a human creation, was capable of defeating both her in her supposed youkai form and Reimu back to back without the ability to use magic kinda fixes that. Buuut Seihou isn't exactly a form of canon to be using.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:46:19 AM by axman36 »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 08:36:34 PM »
I want ten desires to happen again BV

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 08:55:24 PM »
it becoming something like warhammer 40k serious grimdark would be a bit of a turn off if it happened.

Suwakos Hat

• That thing on Suwako's head
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2012, 10:40:09 PM »
CtC becomes canon

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2012, 11:01:23 PM »
I never really considered this kind of question.

I guess I wouldn't want the direction of the series to change; I don't want STGs replaced as the 'main thing'. Having fighting games and PoFV/PoDD-style games as spinoffs is fine but nothing more.

I guess I'm just against how it seems like youkai are made out to be this group that is all around better than humanity in every way.
That is kind of the case, though. If a human gets all-powerful, they're still human, but their power makes them feared/shunned and they 'become' youkai.

Sality

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 02:26:59 PM »
Touhou goes 3D with modern graphic quality.

I am super fine with Touhou interface. In fact, I really love it. For me, Touhou provides traditional values, eye-pleasing interface, oriental feel, and simple beauty.
That being said, I don't want to see the day it changes.