Author Topic: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 76741 times)

Re: Okuu Quest Subsequently - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 07:36:22 PM »
>"Well, no one at the university really knows me, yet..."
>"Hey, you said that you might still know a few people there, right? Think you might know anyone that would be able to arrange something like that? I'm honestly really curious."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 07:49:56 PM »
>"Well, no one at the university really knows me, yet..."
>"Hey, you said that you might still know a few people there, right? Think you might know anyone that would be able to arrange something like that? I'm honestly really curious."

>"I do, but she's...she's a huge pain the ass, really. I've gotten back into contact with her, though, when you mentioned you were looking into things. Not changed at all... I'll see what I can set up."

>_

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 07:51:06 PM »
>"Thanks, I appreciate it."
>"And pain in the ass, how?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2010, 08:19:57 PM »
>"Thanks, I appreciate it."
>"And pain in the ass, how?"

>"I hope you do!"
>She sets her box aside. "She's a snob. And full of herself. And not really all that concerned about the end effects of things." She works her jaw for a moment, as though tasting her next works. "And she's brilliant. I can't deny it... Sometimes I just wanted to wring her neck until she got over herself, ugh."

>_

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »
>"Ha. No love lost there, clearly. What's she specialize in, anyway?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 08:34:18 PM »
>"Ha. No love lost there, clearly. What's she specialize in, anyway?"

>"She's a quantum physicist by degree," says Nitori, "But she dabbles into a lot of stuff."

>_

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 08:39:22 PM »
>"Ah, well let me know how things go."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 08:53:33 PM »
>"Ah, well let me know how things go."

>"Yeah, lemme finish up here, and I'll contact her." says Nitori.
>The outdoor unit work is turning out to be pretty light, it's really just hooking up the components where they go. Nothing exciting.

>_

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 08:56:10 PM »
>Finish fixing up the unit

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 09:13:08 PM »
>Finish fixing up the unit

>You continue work on it.
>Nitori finishes up her meal pretty quickly, then goes over to the computer. "While I'm doing this, you owe me some details about that girl you're out having lunches with."

>_

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 09:24:39 PM »
>"Haha, you're inquisitive today."
>"Well, it's actually kind of a funny story. She was a classmate of my sister, you see, and Orin said I ought to meet her. But apparently she'd told HER that I'd begged Orin to ask her out for me. I'd seen her around campus or something, and just HAD to go out with her. Orin must have gotten a good laugh out of it. So anyway, I show up at her place, and she thinks I'm her date. And... well, we kind of just ran with it from there, believe it or not. I think Orin kind of freaked out that we were still together hours later."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 09:27:30 PM »
>"Haha, you're inquisitive today."
>"Well, it's actually kind of a funny story. She was a classmate of my sister, you see, and Orin said I ought to meet her. But apparently she'd told HER that I'd begged Orin to ask her out for me. I'd seen her around campus or something, and just HAD to go out with her. Orin must have gotten a good laugh out of it. So anyway, I show up at her place, and she thinks I'm her date. And... well, we kind of just ran with it from there, believe it or not. I think Orin kind of freaked out that we were still together hours later."

>"I'm always inquisitive when my peoples are out doing things," says Nitori with a roguish grin. "So, you two hit it off then? That's awesome. What's she like?"

>_

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 09:43:04 PM »
>"She's, well... to be honest, she's a bit brusk on the outside, and a cynic, but I actually think she's kind of sweet, in a strange way. Even though she kind of tries not to show it. I don't think she's used to being close to people much. But I think she's got a good heart."
>"She's an architecture student at the university. Has an interest in middle eastern stuff. Snappy dresser. Very striking eyes."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 10:03:11 PM »
>"She's, well... to be honest, she's a bit brusk on the outside, and a cynic, but I actually think she's kind of sweet, in a strange way. Even though she kind of tries not to show it. I don't think she's used to being close to people much. But I think she's got a good heart."
>"She's an architecture student at the university. Has an interest in middle eastern stuff. Snappy dresser. Very striking eyes."

>"Ah, one of those," says Nitori, chuckling. "You'll have to dig her out of that shell, and she'll hassle you every step of the way. And love it."
>"Architect? Neat. Good money in that, and once you get some workplace experience you can work at home real easy. I got a friend who's a plan examiner, she does well."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 11:16:04 PM »
> "I honestly like being around her."
> "Honestly, I need your thoughts on something Nitori, and if you tell anyone about this, I will go freaking spammy as all hell in KoF against you. I think I'm falling for two differnt people at the same time. What do you think I should do?" Friendly sort of tone for the KoF bit, rather then the rude tone you might assume.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2010, 11:29:25 PM »
> "I honestly like being around her."
> "Honestly, I need your thoughts on something Nitori, and if you tell anyone about this, I will go freaking spammy as all hell in KoF against you. I think I'm falling for two differnt people at the same time. What do you think I should do?" Friendly sort of tone for the KoF bit, rather then the rude tone you might assume.

>"I'd hope so, if you're getting lunches and stuff.
>"I will Raging Storm you into an early grave, woman," says Nitori. "And...wow. Who's the other?"

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2010, 11:48:59 PM »
Yeah, who's the other?  Forest Spirit?

EDIT: Are you talking about Maribel?  Because I'm fairly certain that Parsee dislikes her and that she's already with Renko and that we have no basis for believing that she likes us, except for a Paranoia Junkie claiming that she was eyeing us.

> Laugh
> "Nah, I wish I had two though!  Wouldn't that make life rich?  Hahaha!"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:56:12 PM by Vic Vuvuzela »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2010, 12:11:24 AM »
> Laugh
> "Nah, I wish I had two though!  Wouldn't that make life rich?  Hahaha!"

>"You're fired," Nitori says, as she types away, "Trying to pull one over on me like that. Anyways, I wish you luck with your own friend, sounds like you enjoy being around her."
>She finishes typing. "There, messaged her, ought to have something back in an hour or two. Now let's get this stupid things back together and deliver it."

>_

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 12:14:40 AM »
>Finish repairs on the unit

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 12:14:58 AM »
> Continue work
> "What's this professor friend of your's name anyway?"

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2010, 12:19:59 AM »
Yeah, who's the other?  Forest Spirit?

EDIT: Are you talking about Maribel?  Because I'm fairly certain that Parsee dislikes her and that she's already with Renko and that we have no basis for believing that she likes us, except for a Paranoia Junkie claiming that she was eyeing us.

I was refering to Orin and Parsee when I mentioned it.

> "The first is Parsee, as you know. The other... Orin... I am sure you can see the situation."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2010, 12:22:14 AM »
> "The first is Parsee, as you know. The other... Orin... I am sure you can see the situation."
Don't say this.  We've "experimented" with Orin in the past and the end results weren't pretty.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2010, 12:23:56 AM »
>Finish repairs on the unit

>The two of you get to work on it.

> Continue work
> "What's this professor friend of your's name anyway?"

>"Professor Okazaki," says Nitori, as the two of finish and start to bolt the casing back into place.

>_

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2010, 12:46:31 AM »
>"So, where's this thing supposed to be going, anyway?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2010, 01:17:23 AM »
>"So, where's this thing supposed to be going, anyway?"

>"We're taking it to a house on the Outskirts," says Nitori, as she walks off, and returns with a handcart with straps on it. "Now the fun part."
>Although the van has a lift installed in the back, this kind of thing is never fun. The outdoor unit weighs well over a hundred pounds, and it wasn't made to be moved easily. It takes you nearly ten minutes just to get the thing out the door and loaded up.
>The trip to the house is pretty uneventful, and a good rest from moving the thing, as Nitori drives. The music is rather soft chamber orchestra stuff from public radio. Things are quiet enough that you become aware of the Forest Spirit, behind you, who is as confused as always.
>The house itself is a place to the south of the Myouren Shrine. The yard, in complete defiance of middle class virtues, doesn't seem to have been mowed in weeks. Just placing the unit is twenty minute ordeal, not counting the five minute break after Nitori nearly steps on a rogue snake from the forest. Installing it is a pain, moreso with the grass; especially when you find another snake and have to chase it off. Then you find that one of the electrical connections are shot, requiring power be turned off for the whole house while Nitori replaces it.  Eventually, the two of you get the thing running again, and at least get the profuse thanks of the homeowner as Nitori runs her credit card. The trip back is not as restful as the trip there, but it is much more cathartic s the two of you complain vocally and virulently about the job.
>Eventually you get back to the shop. It is about five oclock. "Fuck it," Nitori says as the two of you get out of the van. "I'm done for the day. You're free to go if you want."

>_

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2010, 01:23:49 AM »
>"Ha. Sounds like a plan. See ya later!."

>Head outside
>Give Maribel a call

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2010, 01:31:53 AM »
>"Ha. Sounds like a plan. See ya later!."

>Head outside
>Give Maribel a call

>"Actually, before you go, lemme see if my associate got back to me," says Nitori. "Gimme a minute."
>She goes over to the computer, and checks something. "Yep, looks like she's good. You looking to get it done today, or tomorrow? She's willing to show you around at 7 tonight, if you want."

>_

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2010, 01:36:02 AM »
>"Ooo... that's great. Sooner the better, I say."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2010, 01:39:02 AM »
>"Ooo... that's great. Sooner the better, I say."

>"Okay, I'll pass that along. " says Nitori. "She says to meet her by the gates of the University. You'll know her when you see her. She wears a goddamn cape."

>_

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2010, 01:44:01 AM »
>"A cape? Seriously? A tad theatrical, don't you think?"
>"But yeah, I'll be there. And thanks again."

>Wave goodbye to Nitori and head out
>Call Maribel