Author Topic: POS Mafia Day5 Game Over  (Read 35853 times)

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
Re: POS Mafia Day1 Begin!
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2010, 03:33:13 AM »
Don't jokevote when there's actual discussion, k thx.

What do you mean no one dies D1? And even if that were true, it wouldn't be a reason to be stupid.

NS: So what was the point of pointing out how Alice and headcrabs didn't vote? You just say Alice is completely fine after bringing it up, and you avoided making a direct judgement on headcrabs.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2010, 03:47:34 AM »
MSB:headcrabs has made one post. One very, very small post. I really don't think there's enough to pass any kind of judgment past suspicion, nor is the lack of it significant enough to compensate this early on in the game.

I still want to see a vote from both of them, of course, and the longer they go without, the more suspicious I'll get. Alice has at least actually been contributing, so headcrabs is definitely looking worse and receiving more of my focus.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2010, 05:07:43 AM »
Morning Hour of the Dragon

Voting

MakaiSouvenirBooth (0):
Kefit (0):
Nietz (0):
headcrabs (2): Serpentarius, MSB
Nat Tea (1): Sakana
Zakeri (1): NeoSerela
Moe Moe Sakanespierre (0):
Serpentarius (1): Nat Tea
NeoSerela (2): Zakeri, Ecthel
huh what (1): Nietz
?lice Bl?ckb?rn (0):
Ecthel (1): huh what

Not Voting:  Kefit, headcrabs, ?lice Bl?ckb?rn

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is in ~17 hours

My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2010, 05:50:12 AM »
Deadline's creeping up on us.

Currently fine with a few lynches.  My vote on headcrabs will stay because I don't like the way that he shows up, cheerleads a budding bandwagon, then disappears.  Wouldn't mind lynching Choja either since he's basically wrathie.  Also not liking the way that Ecthel was looking to be the token newbie bandwagon, then suddenly disappeared as soon as attention drifted elsewhere.

Kefit and Sakana also need to show up and give some real opinions.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2010, 06:09:02 AM »
##Unvote

Choja has been acting weird, but not in a way that I can see would benefit scum.

Likewise for Serela. I doubt scum would let him draw this much attention on D1.

Would like to see something from Ecthel again, since he's been silent after the early debate.

For now, going to ##Vote headcrabs

Point has been made already: Said the wagon on Ecthel was scummy without explaining what he means or putting down a vote. He seems worth putting some pressure on.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2010, 06:10:32 AM »
EBWOP: Misread on my part. Headcrabs said Ecthel's bandwagoning was scummy, not a wagon on him.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2010, 06:24:35 AM »
No majority, no lynch

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »
Serela -"I was trying to be amusing instead of serious"
I didn't expect a Serious answer. I expected a direct answer. It could have just said "Obvscum" and I'd have dropped it.

MSB - "evidence that NS didn't read that question properly."
I asked twice. I warned him to read it carefully. I gave him three chances to answer.
I still think it's a scumslip.

Ecthel can wait until day 2 to be looked at. If he wants a good image then, he should post soon. I'm okay with the lynch for now.

Serpentarius - "Wouldn't mind lynching Choja either since he's basically wrathie."
For me a Wrathie is a person that can only be lynched day one because his foolishness gives him a town clear for the rest of the game. Anyone who's too dumb to be insincere is a godsend to a thinking town. He may be obfuscating, but that will be much harder to hide in later days.

As for Headcrabs, I don't genuinely believe in Cheerleading on day one, but there's enough scummy points between adding nothing to discussion and active lurking to be okay with a lynch on him.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2010, 04:51:05 PM »
If I'm reading timestamps right, headcrabs hasn't done anything past going "newb randomvoting on someone who already had 1 vote, so scummy" and then disappearing for the last... about 36 hours. Certainly looks worse then anyone else so far. Zakeri doesn't really seem all that bad, now that I think about it; was probably mostly kept on him by the fact I was already there, and the others worth voting were just being derps. Unvote, Vote:headcrabs

Besides, it's pretty much agreed that having a lynch on D1 is better then NOT having one, and deadline is only a matter of hours away.

Would be fine with an Ecthel lynch, his play looks slightly more dumbscum then dumbtown; pseudocontributing and avoiding making a jokevote for all of page 1, then disappearing after he makes one.

Choja just looks like derptown. This can actually be bad depending on HOW derpy he is (Wrathie selfvoting on LYLO, Zent fakeclaiming and admitting to it on LYLO), but he's probably not worth lynching over that.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2010, 04:53:15 PM »
EBWOP:Messed up proper vote formatting. ##Vote:headcrabs

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2010, 05:45:20 PM »
I wasn't voting because D1 random voting and bandwagoning is the easiest point in the game for scum to justify random votes on town. i don't like it.

##Unvote
##Vote huh waht

His actions towards on Serela and Ecthel look like trying to capitalize on newbie mistakes to look like scumhunting. It's not strongly scummy, but it's a clasicall scum trick for D1.

But Choja's unexplained OMGUS on Serp also looks pretty bad. Was that supposed to be a jokevote?

On this, I haven't liked Nietz's current state with him flying under the radar like this. yes I know pot calling the kettle black, etc.
##Vote: Nietz
Nothing's wrong with capitalizing on newbie mistakes. Especially if the newbie is mafia. I don't believe in the newbie's defense argument, it's a poor way to argue yourself out of mistakes.

Though, I will agree that huh what's vote seemed like a quick slip on a potential bandwagon. I'm just not truly getting a scum vibe from him at this point. This is why I didn't vote for him in the first place when I said the bandwagon was scummy.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2010, 06:11:24 PM »
Morning Hour of the Snake

Voting

MakaiSouvenirBooth (0):
Kefit (0):
Nietz (1): headcrabs
headcrabs (4): Serpentarius, MSB, Sakana, NeoSerela
Nat Tea (0):
Zakeri (0):
NeoSerela (2): Zakeri, Ecthel
?lice Bl?ckb?rn (0):
Ecthel (1): huh what

Not Voting:  Kefit,  ?lice Bl?ckb?rn

Deadline is in ~4.5 hours

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2010, 06:50:43 PM »
headcrabs: Are you seriously saying you didn't vote ED1 because scum can easily justify ED1 votes? -_- There are good reasons for not voting ED1, but that isn't one of them.
There's a difference between newbTown and newbScum.
What the hell are you talking about in that last sentence? You said that Ecthel was scummy for bandwagoning, not  HW.

Zakeri: Fair enough.

Keeping my vote on headcrabs. NeoSerela's vote on headcrabs is bugging me because he went from "not enough content for more than just suspicions" to "he's the worst, 36 hours without posting". Ecthel could use a post.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2010, 07:02:38 PM »
headcrabs: Are you seriously saying you didn't vote ED1 because scum can easily justify ED1 votes? NeoSerela's vote on headcrabs is bugging me because he went from "not enough content for more than just suspicions" to "he's the worst, 36 hours without posting". Ecthel could use a post.
Let me bring up something else I said in that post; "nor is the lack of it significant enough to compensate this early on in the game.".

After doing what little he did and then absolutely nothing for 36 hours, I decided the lack was significant enough.

Ecthel

• Jack of all trades, lazy at most.
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2010, 07:31:40 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Headcrabs

He's been even less active than me, which is something of an accomplishment. I'm also inclined to believe a random lynch would be better than a NL in this case.
About jokevoting: The first game I ever played of mafia highly discouraged it, so  :V.

I have a few thoughts now that Ive read everything, but I'll keep them to myself until d2 since headcrabs will most like be lynched anyways.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2010, 08:08:20 PM »
Oh god this game started at the worst time possible.

My thoughts at the moment are ##Vote: Ecthel. Why? Because he started off by slinging meaningless filler around, such as

Also, the response to Zakeri's question was... interesting.

Then he stopped posting for a long time, until he had MORE meaningless filler to present to us:

I have a few thoughts now that Ive read everything, but I'll keep them to myself until d2 since headcrabs will most like be lynched anyways.

It is not in town's interest to hold back information like this! If Ecthel were one of our more garrulous posters then he might have to worry about the word limit getting in the way of a full disclosure of his thoughts, but his posts clearly evince that this is not the case. Instead of actually contributing to the game, Ecthel has been trying to fly under the radar by simply stating that he has substantive cases and opinions without actually telling us what they are. In other words, active lurking.

Other thoughts:

Don't like the way that Zak decided that his "opinion of serela [was] set" when it was still early d1.

I'm not seeing anything lynch-worthy with Neo yet. His banter about Zak's imminent early death seems more to me like musing about how Kilga is going to die n1 than it does a scum making a preemptive boast. Which isn't great, but not damning.

Re: headcrabs - It's the wrong time to be jumping on people for lack of activity. That should be saved for d2. His first post was certainly rather weak, but his more recent post passes my d1 standards test. I also appreciate the manner in which he has eschewed a lengthy defense of himself in favor of at least an attempt at scumhunting.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2010, 09:12:54 PM »
Deadline is in about an hour and a half, guys. Unless we actually want to have a NoLynch (and I haven't seen a single person who does so far), we need to get someone to 7 votes.

headcrabs doesn't look as bad anymore, but given the choices, I could still get behind a headcrabs or Ecthel lynch. But even if we all started switching to Ecthel right now, I dunno if enough people would do it in time for deadline.

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2010, 09:18:56 PM »
I'm disappointed in the fact that we only managed to have one bandwagon.
I sort of miss the usual suspects stiring things up.

Still, I'm not entire certain if this is all bad. I'll have to wait and see what comes up.

I said I'd chip in to either an Ecthel or a Headcrabs lynch, and since we only have an hour left (In which I won't be here) I'll go ahead and switch now.

##Unvote: Neo Serela
##Vote: Headcrabs
(L-1)

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2010, 09:22:18 PM »
His recent post was a chainsaw defence of HW, and then proceeding to get something he did wrong. =V How is that good?

Ecthel: Uh yeah. That post is horrible. I think you've said less than headcrabs.

Meh, fine with headcrabs, Ecthel or NS lynch.

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2010, 09:25:34 PM »
First of all, ##Unvote

Nietz #57: Was mainly targeting and voting Ecthel in an attempt to pressure him for reactions and start something. But then he never really reacted to my vote, so eh. Also, when did I go after Serela? I only mentioned him in response to Ecthel.

Crabs #70: You paragraph about me really confuses me, since that wasn't even Nietz's reasons for voting me, but ok. And capitalizing on newbie mistakes isn't honestly that great because if the mistakes are that bad they become an easy mislynch for scum. The thing is that I wasn't really trying to capitalize on the mistakes as much as trying to get reactions, but w/e.

Don't like Serela's vote on Zak, seems like a straight OMGUS to me since he never really mentioned his reasons for voting him. Serela in general has been terribad so far actually (stuff like Kefitvote etc), but w/e. Seems more like bad play than scummy. Don't see why Serela was voting Zak over headcrabs beyond coinflip, since he seemed to have more against headcrabs.

##Vote Serela
Tbh I don't feel that bad about anybody at the moment, but Serela's jumps seem kind of odd to me. They give me the impression of scum not really knowing how to mislynch and constantly switching votes with minor reasoning just to see how it'll work out. His jump to Crabs in particular seems like he's going "oh I guess Zak wasn't that great of an idea, well I already mentioned Crabs so wheee wagons"

« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2010, 09:38:34 PM »
EBWOP: Oh wait.
When referring to another player's post, do not use post number, use the vote count title as a point of reference. Linking the post is advised according to the example below.
I totally missed this. Is this just a reccomendation or an actual hard rule?

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2010, 09:45:04 PM »
Morning Hour of the Horse

Voting

MakaiSouvenirBooth (0):
Kefit (0):
Nietz (1): headcrabs
headcrabs (6): Serpentarius, MSB, Sakana, NeoSerela, Ecthel, Zakeri
Nat Tea (0):
Zakeri (0):
NeoSerela (1): huh what
?lice Bl?ckb?rn (0):
Ecthel (1): Kefit

Not Voting: ?lice Bl?ckb?rn

Deadline is in ~15 minutes

headcrabs is at L-1
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2010, 09:48:07 PM »
His jump to Crabs in particular seems like he's going "oh I guess Zak wasn't that great of an idea, well I already mentioned Crabs so wheee wagons"
I'm still not loving Zak for going after me ruthlessly over just my response to a jokevote question. But it seemed more important to prevent a nolynch from happening at the moment, and still kind of is; about an hour left till deadline.

On that matter, choosing to vote me for being slightly more suspicious, over making sure a lynch actually happens, doesn't seem like great play. I really doubt it's possible for anyone other then headcrabs (or perhaps Ecthel) to even garner 7 votes in this last hour, purely because enough people won't be here in time to change their vote.

Kittenninja:Woah wait only 15 minutes left? Holy crap, I though we had nearly an hour left.

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2010, 09:52:10 PM »
Wow, didn't realize how little time we had left. Serela is the only person I really want lynched, but I'm willing to hammer in crabs if necessary to avoid nl.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2010, 09:53:26 PM »
You'd better hammer now.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2010, 09:54:46 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote headcrabs
Meh.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2010, 10:00:16 PM »
Kittenninja:Woah wait only 15 minutes left? Holy crap, I though we had nearly an hour left.
Shit you're right.  Math fail on my part. x:  Sorry about that.

Hammer was dropped before I could fix this though. *shame*

headcrabs was lynched!  He was a
Vanilla Townie.  It is now night 1.  All actions are due between 24 and 48 hours.  Please send them to both Pesco and me.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2010, 10:01:03 PM »
...gdi. I knew I should have doublechecked the time before hammering. Sorry crabs.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2010, 10:04:37 PM »
Checked Pesco's second post, it was at June 04, 2010, 10:11:35 pm... so we only had like 26 minutes anyway. So K4U was only 11 minutes off.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
Re: POS Mafia Day2 Huh what happened?
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2010, 11:14:42 AM »

Huh what died during the night. He was a vanilla townie
Serpentarius died during the night. He was a vanilla townie

Morning hour of the Sheep

Voting: Nobody

Not voting: Everyone

9 alive, 5 votes for a lynch
72 hours remain