Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Mafia: Game Over - Town Win  (Read 53073 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mafia: Day One
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2010, 05:40:01 PM »
Well, that's a pretty bleh wordfilter.

Peskau continues to dodge the question. I don't care if it's ED1, if you say the vote is serious I expect you to be able to give reasoning.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2010, 05:48:04 PM »
My cat is not interested in getting into a stupid Day 1 fight with you. You already answered your own question to me, so there is nothing more to say on that.

Benny1

• Die The Death! Sentence to death! Great equalizer is The Death!
  • Dlanor of the Ten Wedges
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2010, 06:07:14 PM »
Kilga's bit of defense did seem a little bit big for day 1, well, lolvotes.  I figured he was just lollin' but man, changing your random votes so many times is pretty bizarre, I would think..

##Unvote
##Vote: Kilgamayan

I'm curious as to what will happen, since it's still day 1 and only 3 votes on Kilga now, need something to get something more serious going.

Also Pesco, yes, I'm not totally satisfied by your vote, though Zakeri's line was... odd, what are you trying to get out of Zakeri, anyways?

... Okay, who has been playing with the filters?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2010, 06:14:09 PM »
What was I going to do, leave Excal's question hanging? That's just plain rude, and he's an honored guest to boot. Don't encourage being rude, encourage voting for Rat for being a dirty OMGUSer!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2010, 06:15:29 PM »
Oh wait I'm doing that already!

meta-post!

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2010, 06:22:12 PM »
My cat now thinks Kilga is just being a retard. (Actually that's Pesco's idea but whatever)

I already got my yes/no out of Zak and I'm satisfied with my vote where it is.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2010, 06:43:50 PM »
I agree on Kilga just being a dumbass. This kind of thing is a bit odd for him, but not unprecedented.

I'm curious as to what will happen, since it's still day 1 and only 3 votes on Kilga now, need something to get something more serious going.

Your use of "only" strikes me as a bit odd, seeing as we still seem to have half a foot in the RVS. Care to elaborate?

Benny1

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2010, 07:08:32 PM »
Only 3 votes is L-5 and what i meant is that sitting at L-5 on day 1 like this isn't going to lead to a lynch very quickly.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2010, 07:32:27 PM »
My cat now thinks Kilga is just being a retard. (Actually that's Pesco's idea but whatever)
So Kilga is allowed to be a retard, and Zak isn't? I want you to explain to me why Zak's action is scummy.

I personally have never seen Kilga act so...merrily. It's a nulltell in itself for now, up until it gets to the point where his actual scumhunting fails...are we still in the RVS? I'm not sure right now.

Kefit

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2010, 07:37:40 PM »
Only 3 votes is L-5 and what i meant is that sitting at L-5 on day 1 like this isn't going to lead to a lynch very quickly.

You know, we don't need a hammer to get a lynch in this game, so absolute vote counts aren't terribly important save for awareness of the hammer threat. Furthermore, your vote for Kilga for what seem to be half-hearted reasons based off of RVS does nothing but move him into a three way tie with Rat and Zak, with each at three votes. If you were concerned about Kilga "only" having three votes, then why didn't you place a fourth vote on Rat or Zak instead?

Basically, I'm seeing a disconnect between your actions and your expressed concerns. That's enough to get a real vote from me, for now.

##Unvote: FAV
##Vote: Benny1

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2010, 07:47:10 PM »
Alright, got my ducks into something that's kinda like a row in the DL Mafia game.  Well...  at least they are if you squint...  and down a lotta whiskey.  And mmmmmm....  whiskey.

Wait...  I had a point!  Hmm, a point?  Yes!  A point!

Emphasis on the had, Kefit stole it.

Well, he did miss one thing.  Namely, that Bennyboy also seems to be trying to urging some kind of quicklynch mentality.  That's enough for me to go superserious, so huzzah and such.

##Unvote: Rat (May not actually be scum ;_;), ##Vote: Bennyboy

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2010, 07:49:20 PM »
So Kilga is allowed to be a retard, and Zak isn't? I want you to explain to me why Zak's action is scummy.

My cat is laughing at how silly you are being about this. You've already pointed out what was wrong with Zak and I find it scummy while you don't. My cat not being a good reader is excusable, but that is not so for you.

How about you tell my cat what's so scummy about her voting Zak? Because I sure as hell didn't see a clear reason.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »
I can see this quickly getting annoying.

Pesco, if your cat wants to play this badly, perhaps you should tag out and she should tag in.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2010, 08:03:24 PM »
Peskau has given me enough reason to stop bothering to ask. Declaring Zak to be scum for non-scummy mistakes earns my vote.

Benny seems to have absolutely no idea how RVS works. 'Hey, people aren't close to getting lynched when we're 24 hours in, this is somehow bad!' Still think Pesco isn't getting the attention she deserves and her owner's trying too hard to get away on his usual meta, though.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2010, 08:16:58 PM »
My cat can't talk or vote, I can. Consider it purely a flavour thing.

Cool story Rou. Carry on being a derp.

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2010, 08:52:56 PM »
I'm just going to assume it's pass the 24 hour mark and go ahead and start being coherent now.
Kilgamayan's play is so inherently Durr-town that I think he's doing it on purpose. I don't know if it's scummy intent, or "just because", but for now I'm leaning towards the latter.

I was okay with Pesco's vote until 65. What exactly is the difference between my one-off comment and Kilgamayan's play, besides the fact that he's been prancing around more than I have?

Benny however is clearly trying to get us into the Quicklynch mentality. Besides, I disagree that Kilga's defense post was being over-reactive. Especially since it was prompted by Excal and I, and it answered everything I wanted to know about what he was doing.

Kefit

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2010, 08:59:14 PM »
Benny however is clearly trying to get us into the Quicklynch mentality. Besides, I disagree that Kilga's defense post was being over-reactive. Especially since it was prompted by Excal and I, and it answered everything I wanted to know about what he was doing.

Don't just tell us that Benny is "clearly" doing something scummy that other players have already pointed out and then immediately change the subject. Either elaborate on the scum claim or place a vote on the person you say is scummy. Doing otherwise offers absolutely nothing to the conversation.

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2010, 09:04:25 PM »
Well, the points already been elaborated on in earlier posts, so I'll just stick with the vote I guess.

##Unvote: huh what

Benny1

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2010, 09:06:28 PM »
In all honesty it seems I have said the exact opposite of what I have tried to do.

Here is what I have tried to do: I tried to get a vote on Kilga so that either he would stop doing crazy random voting or something, not to mention the fact I am still a little surprised by how defensive his (admittedly joking) defense post was, and I did not feel the vote would quicklynch him so I did not mind putting it on him.  I did not put a vote on Zakeri or Pesco because I did not want to put them to L-4 because I feel that is too much like a quicklynch and I was simply not aware what i was doing appears to be me encouraging quicklyinching.

Benny1

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2010, 09:14:24 PM »
EBWODP:  I dunno, perhaps I should be more clear.

You know, we don't need a hammer to get a lynch in this game, so absolute vote counts aren't terribly important save for awareness of the hammer threat. Furthermore, your vote for Kilga for what seem to be half-hearted reasons based off of RVS does nothing but move him into a three way tie with Rat and Zak, with each at three votes. If you were concerned about Kilga "only" having three votes, then why didn't you place a fourth vote on Rat or Zak instead?

Basically, I'm seeing a disconnect between your actions and your expressed concerns. That's enough to get a real vote from me, for now.

##Unvote: FAV

When I said only, I did not mean "Oh no, Kilga only has two votes, I am going to try to get him lynched", I meant "oh, Kilga will only have three votes after I place a vote on him so I am not putting too many votes on somebody this early on" because I really am trying not to lead to quick lynches, because I cannot see it accomplishing anything.

Peskau has given me enough reason to stop bothering to ask. Declaring Zak to be scum for non-scummy mistakes earns my vote.

Benny seems to have absolutely no idea how RVS works. 'Hey, people aren't close to getting lynched when we're 24 hours in, this is somehow bad!' Still think Pesco's cat isn't getting the attention she deserves and her owner's trying too hard to get away on his usual meta, though.

I won't lie, I don't understand how you are truly supposed to get something out of RVS and when I tried to it seems I did not do it correctly.

I'm honestly still a little confused by Kilga's "meta-post" post and so on, and am not sure if I should be taking that remotely seriously or not.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2010, 09:15:41 PM »
Benny, I assume you mean Rat and not Peskau in that last post. And now you're just plain contradicting yourself - L-5 is nowhere near a lynch, but L-4 is too much like a quicklynch?

##Unvote: Pesnya

Benny1

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2010, 09:23:08 PM »
Oh, great, I made a typo.  Yes, I meant Rat and not Pescau.

Rou, where is the contradiction there?  There is a vote difference and I did not see a reason to vote for Rat or Zakeri, and as I said, there is a vote difference.  A single vote is not huge until you're L-1, but as I was just trying to elicit a reaction from Kilga rather than get him lynched, I feel going anywhere past L-4 would be silly and not the proper action.

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2010, 09:23:42 PM »
Rou's right. When you added the "I did not want to put them to L-4 because I feel that is too much like a quicklynch" part in, it sounds like you're trying too hard to distance yourself from the idea of encouraging quicklynching.  Pretty much anything short of L-1 is safe enough from quicklynching, especially in a game with an eight-vote majority. Vote stands.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2010, 09:29:11 PM »
My cat thinks Excal should get an avatar or else she keeps missing his posts.

Benny's looking pretty bad right now. No objection to the pressure from me.

I'm honestly still a little confused by Kilga's "meta-post" post and so on, and am not sure if I should be taking that remotely seriously or not.

What is so relevant about this that you need to add it into your post? Fluffy like like my cat's tail.

##Unvote
##Vote Benny

Benny1

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2010, 09:32:09 PM »
It's relevant because it's the reason I am leaving a vote on Kilga right now.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2010, 09:35:39 PM »
A single vote is not huge until you're L-1, but as I was just trying to elicit a reaction from Kilga rather than get him lynched, I feel going anywhere past L-4 would be silly and not the proper action.
If a single vote doesn't matter unless you're at the brink of a lynch, why is L-4 dangerous? Why are you so scared of putting serious pressure on someone when that's pretty much the only way out of the RVS?

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2010, 09:36:31 PM »
##:Unvote: Benny,  ##Vote: Zakeri

Dang...  I was hoping I'd get a couple of nibbles on the Bennytrain, but didn't think it'd be this fast, this furious.  Guys, scum or not, the only thing Benny's giving us right now is pure ol' null tells.  His play reads a heck of a lot more towards newb or bad (if he's experienced) than any kind of scum/town vibe.

However, of the people oh so gleefully jumping on him, Zak looks pretty dang bad since it looks like he not only gulped down the kool-aid, but he's also been egging on others and tried to do so without leaving a vote himself.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2010, 09:42:14 PM »
Guys, I think Benny was just being a complete retard.  Also, Cool QuickWagon guys.

Annoying that some players haven't posted outside of their joke vote(or at all).
/PotCallingTheKettleBlack

Pesco not even trying to push his case in any way makes me think that he was just trying to look like he's doing something when he voted Zak. Then he abandons it completely for Benny, who got 3 votes before hand. Useless cases! Bandwagonning!

b##Unvote
##Vote: Pesco

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2010, 09:49:21 PM »
Edible Isn't Playing Or Comodding, But Have A Votecount votecount

Carthrat (2): Baity, Kilgamayan
Zakeri (3): NeoSerela, huh what, Excal
Pesco (1): MSB
Kilgamayan (3): Carthrat, FAV, Benny1
Benny1 (4): Kefit, Zakeri, Roukanken, Pesco

Not Voting (1): Alice

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:50:56 PM by Edible »

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2010, 09:52:56 PM »
VOTE COUNT - Dammit Edible You Cut Me Edition

See above.  Also, you have about 50 hours left in the day.

[Edible]:flex:[/edible]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:57:10 PM by Edible »
[15:13] <Sana> >:<