Author Topic: Reisen Quest Til The End: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 54846 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Reisen Quest Til The End: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2010, 12:32:15 AM »
>"Regain ourselves" meant get up and not be confused, and shake off some the being tired-ness.

>Parsers like descriptiveness, especially in surreal situations.
>You stand up and try to shake off some of the lingering confusion. As you do, you notice two things. First, you notice both of your arms have become translucent; your hands are barely flesh-colored outlines anymore. Second, you notice a metallic fist coming at you! You back away from it, and find the stature following through with a hook from its other hand.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2010, 12:43:09 AM »
> Dodge-roll away from the punch, then fire some danmaku at it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2010, 12:52:35 AM »
> Dodge-roll away from the punch, then fire some danmaku at it.

>You dodge away from the strike, and fire more danmaku at the statue. You do not get the opportunity to shoot more than a few bullets, as the statue keeps pace with you and sends another punch at your face.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2010, 01:02:57 AM »
> Dodge roll away from the punch again, then back step and demand the other voices think of something!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2010, 01:12:17 AM »
> Dodge roll away from the punch again, then back step

>You dodge away and step back, but the statue keeps pace easily, extending out its hand.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2010, 01:22:53 AM »
> Duck under the fist and kick the statue's feet to knock it over.  Then pummel it with danmaku.
> If the statue has no feet, just duck and fire.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2010, 01:27:48 AM »
>Can we by any chance will ourselves to teleport? Cause if so I would love to teleport behind the guy and give him a wallop to the back of the head.
>In fact, conjure a Commemorative Stein to do so if we can get behind him.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2010, 01:35:07 AM »
> Consider the possibility of getting him off the moon via a portal.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2010, 01:41:50 AM »
> Duck under the fist and kick the statue's feet to knock it over.  Then pummel it with danmaku.
> If the statue has no feet, just duck and fire.

>You duck under its hand and try to kick it in the legs. It feels about like what what imaging kicking a thing made out of metal would feel like. There's no pain, thankfully, but there is a lingering dullness in your foot.
>It stumbles a little from the impact, but doesn't fall. Instead it releases another burst of blue fire from its hand.

>Can we by any chance will ourselves to teleport? Cause if so I would love to teleport behind the guy and give him a wallop to the back of the head.
>In fact, conjure a Commemorative Stein to do so if we can get behind him.

>You try to teleport without conjuring a portal first, and appear behind the statue.
>You remember the formidable-looking stein that Patchouli was using earlier and try to replicate it. It appears in your hand, feeling comfortably heavy. You fly up as the statue starts to turn, and slam the Commemorative Stein into its head. The Commemorative Stein shatters into pieces from the impact, leaving a sizable dent on the side of its head.

> Consider the possibility of getting him off the moon via a portal.

>This might work, but it seems to be able to come and go as freely as you can.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2010, 01:45:37 AM »
>Oh God we have teleport hax
>Do a three point teleport with the intent to confuse it. First behind, then to the side, then to the area we just hit. Make sure it has enough time to react so that we don't end up teleporting into a punch or something stupid.
>Don't teleport into fire
>Conjure one of Youmu's swords and slash it on the third teleport. Then teleport away from it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2010, 01:52:12 AM »
>Oh God we have teleport hax
>Do a three point teleport with the intent to confuse it. First behind, then to the side, then to the area we just hit. Make sure it has enough time to react so that we don't end up teleporting into a punch or something stupid.
>Don't teleport into fire
>Conjure one of Youmu's swords and slash it on the third teleport. Then teleport away from it.

>You decide to press this advantage, teleporting a couple times. It's hard not to get a little dizzy in the process. The statue scythes it hand where you first appear, but you anticipated this and move easily enough. You then lure it into attacking once more, as it slams its palm into the ground to send another energy wave racing toward the ground at you.
>You try to imagine the sword that you carried for Youmu, and it appears in your hands. You slash at the statue, but the blade just bounces off its metallic body with a 'tink' noise.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2010, 01:54:17 AM »
>DAmn, should have seen that coming.
>Turn Sword quickly into Fear No Anvil
>See if you can respond with a backswing before the thing hits you.
>If you can't, teleport back, retreat, be prepared to dodge any attacks headed your way.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2010, 01:55:05 AM »
>See if you can interfere with the thing's attacks by imagining them away.
>If you can't do that, see if you can redirect them mentally.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2010, 02:05:00 AM »
>DAmn, should have seen that coming.
>Turn Sword quickly into Fear No Anvil
>See if you can respond with a backswing before the thing hits you.
>If you can't, teleport back, retreat, be prepared to dodge any attacks headed your way.
>See if you can interfere with the thing's attacks by imagining them away.
>If you can't do that, see if you can redirect them mentally.

>You were never much for swords anyways.
>You're going to have to describe this.
>Regardless, you have to teleport away before can slam an elbow into your ribs.
>It reacts by sending another wave racing across the distance between you. You try to cancel it, then redirect it, but you do not succeed. You don't think you are focusing hard enough to do this Or, perhaps, you don't have that degree of control here.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2010, 02:12:50 AM »
>Ponder how much success we might get from using the Dream Cutlass Rainbow Sword thing we saw from the memories.
>Teleport a distance behind the Apparition to dodge the wave, shoot danmaku at it. A really big bullet/rocket/missle-ish thing if we can! Since that's how we roll, bitch.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2010, 02:17:19 AM »
>See a sledge hammer
>See it with a red and black color scheme
>See the hammer head portruding over the handle
>See the hammer head attached to a spinning red gear, appearing as strong and dangerous as one of Utsuho's suns
>See the "Sun" portion with two clock hands attached to it, in a 10:45 position
>See the handle right under the sun with an attached circle around the "collar"
>See the handle as gray to halfway down
>See the handle have a red, black, and orange grip, in stripes.
>FEAR!
>NO!
>ANVIL!

>Battlecry this as you charge the thing, dodging any fire it throws at you either by teleports or flight
>See if you can teleport through it while keeping the hammer solid. Basically, become transparent/intangable, but maintain hold of the hammer as you smash it
>Use the momentum to swing around it in intangible form
>Pull the hammer out, and go for a second swing with centrifugal force, then teleport retreating, and regain tangibility

>If the above set of actions fails, just do a boring teleport behind it, smash the back of it's head, and retreat.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2010, 02:18:39 AM »
>...or what UK said. Since that's badass. But at least do the pondering.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2010, 02:42:48 AM »
>Ponder how much success we might get from using the Dream Cutlass Rainbow Sword thing we saw from the memories.
>Teleport a distance behind the Apparition to dodge the wave, shoot danmaku at it. A really big bullet/rocket/missle-ish thing if we can! Since that's how we roll, bitch.

>You have no idea what that weapon could do. You're not sure if it would do anything in your hands, you are fairly certain you didn't manage to fully replicate Youmu's swords.
>You teleport a distance behind the statue, and try to create a larger version of your bullets to fire at it. You manage to make them a bit larger; you think you could do more if you were willing to spend time concentrating on it. The bullets strike its side as it turns to search for you, leaving more dents. It sees you, and starts to charge.
>Suddenly it is right in front of you, and a its firsts descend upon you!

>See a sledge hammer
>See it with a red and black color scheme
>See the hammer head portruding over the handle
>See the hammer head attached to a spinning red gear, appearing as strong and dangerous as one of Utsuho's suns
>See the "Sun" portion with two clock hands attached to it, in a 10:45 position
>See the handle right under the sun with an attached circle around the "collar"
>See the handle as gray to halfway down
>See the handle have a red, black, and orange grip, in stripes.
>FEAR!
>NO!
>ANVIL!

>Battlecry this as you charge the thing, dodging any fire it throws at you either by teleports or flight
>See if you can teleport through it while keeping the hammer solid. Basically, become transparent/intangable, but maintain hold of the hammer as you smash it
>Use the momentum to swing around it in intangible form
>Pull the hammer out, and go for a second swing with centrifugal force, then teleport retreating, and regain tangibility

>If the above set of actions fails, just do a boring teleport behind it, smash the back of it's head, and retreat.

>You teleport away from the blow, and imagine this weapon into existence. It will take both of yours hands to use it, leaving unable to use danmaku normally.
>You try to replicate a dash akin to what it just did while leaving the hammer solid. While you are able to do the first thing well enough, your control doesn't seem to be fine enough to leave something things tangible enough to affect the world, and you simply appear some distance in front of it.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2010, 02:47:23 AM »
Fine...
>Charge it again.
>If it appears to be planning to hit us head on, teleport behind it and CRUSH with the Fear No Anvil. Be prepared to phase out (make self intangible) before the blow is fully completed due to it responding with a wallopy fist.
>If it appears to expect us to teleport, don't, and CRUSH with the Fear No Anvil. Be prepared to phase out (make self intangible) before the blow is fully completed due to it responding with a wallopy fist.
>If the CRUSH stuns it, feel free to complete the blow, retrieve the hammer, and teleport away from the thing.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2010, 02:55:02 AM »
Fine...
>Charge it again.
>If it appears to be planning to hit us head on, teleport behind it and CRUSH with the Fear No Anvil. Be prepared to phase out (make self intangible) before the blow is fully completed due to it responding with a wallopy fist.
>If it appears to expect us to teleport, don't, and CRUSH with the Fear No Anvil. Be prepared to phase out (make self intangible) before the blow is fully completed due to it responding with a wallopy fist.
>If the CRUSH stuns it, feel free to complete the blow, retrieve the hammer, and teleport away from the thing.

>It stands there, watching you while rocking its shoulders as though trying to work a kink out of its back. You are not sure what it is planning.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2010, 02:56:41 AM »
>Third option: Be prepared to go intangible as soon as it does and see if you can connect in the "intangible" world.
>However, if it appears to not be preparing to hit us, just teleport behind and wallop it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2010, 03:01:46 AM »
>Third option: Be prepared to go intangible as soon as it does and see if you can connect in the "intangible" world.
>However, if it appears to not be preparing to hit us, just teleport behind and wallop it.

>It doesn't seem to be preparing much of anything. It just watches you, shifting its shoulders.
>You appear behind it and swing your weapon, and find only empty air! Before you can recover, something slams into your back, sending you stumbling forward.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2010, 03:04:03 AM »
>Figures. I was expecting the newest trick, not the second newest
>Ok, time to recover. Teleport away a bit
>Restore yourself as best you can, try to gain more physical presence since we are probably pretty translucent right now.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 03:06:17 AM by Hoboverlord Purvis »

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2010, 03:06:16 AM »
>Still within the playing field, but a fair distance from this guy
>Be prepared to interrupt recovery if he decides to teleport to follow us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2010, 03:08:45 AM »
>Figures. I was expecting the newest trick, not the second newest
>Ok, time to recover. Teleport away a bit
>Restore yourself as best you can, try to gain more physical presence since we are probably pretty translucent right now.

>Still within the playing field, but a fair distance from this guy
>Be prepared to interrupt recovery if he decides to teleport to follow us.

>You teleport away, and appear some distance down the mineshaft.
>The statue doesn't seem interested in following you, instead it kneels again.
>You start to recover yourself; it's a slower process here than in your world. But you do make some progress; you can somewhat see your hands again.
>You also feel your awareness of the gems diminishing.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2010, 03:10:53 AM »
>Ah, goddammit.
>I figured we'd have some time limit.
>Stop healing
>Teleport above it, try to stay out of it's view
>HAMMERTIME on it's head from above
>Do your best to make sure it does not see you until you've connected the hit, and preferable not even then.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2010, 03:16:38 AM »
>Ah, goddammit.
>I figured we'd have some time limit.
>Stop healing
>Teleport above it, try to stay out of it's view
>HAMMERTIME on it's head from above
>Do your best to make sure it does not see you until you've connected the hit, and preferable not even then.

>You appear above it and swing the hammer down on its head. It doesn't have time to react, and the hammer connects with a resounding "CLANG" that you can feel in your teeth. The force of the hit knocks the statue over, having bent some of its metallic hair and left a sizable dent on the side of its face. It flails an arm out at you as it goes down.
>You awareness of the gems is diminished, but you don't feel it weakening any further at the moment.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2010, 03:19:47 AM »
>Teleport a few feet away, out of range
>See if we can detach our arms
>If so, teleport our main selves a few more feet away
>Detach our arms, and start wailing on the thing with the Fear No Anvil

>If we cannot, then conjure Virtual hands
>Virtual hands looks just like your real hands, but are mentally connected to you while being detached from you
>They can utilize your strength, so you could use them to execute attacks with the hammer from long range
>If these can be conjured, use them to wail on the thing with the Fear No Anvil

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2010, 03:26:26 AM »
>Teleport a few feet away, out of range
>See if we can detach our arms
>If so, teleport our main selves a few more feet away
>Detach our arms, and start wailing on the thing with the Fear No Anvil

>If we cannot, then conjure Virtual hands
>Virtual hands looks just like your real hands, but are mentally connected to you while being detached from you
>They can utilize your strength, so you could use them to execute attacks with the hammer from long range
>If these can be conjured, use them to wail on the thing with the Fear No Anvil

>You teleport out of range, as the statue picks itself up.
>You don't have fine enough control over yourself here to detach your arms; at least not without more concentration than you can give at them moment.
>You are able to create a set of Virtual Hands and give them the hammer. You have to concentrate a bit to use them, so it will be difficult to move quickly this way.
>They strike the statue in the back with another clang, then do so again, each time hitting with a resounding crash and leaving a sizable dent. You try for a third blow, before its hand shoots out and grabs the hammer by the shaft, tearing it from the grip of your Virtual Hands.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2010, 03:27:53 AM »
>I really should have expected that
>Dismiss the hammer
>If we cannot dismiss it due to it being out of our control, do our best to steal the hammer back with the Virtual Hands.