Author Topic: Defend the Maiden - C9 Mafia edition (Pesco, Affinity Wins)  (Read 29190 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Defend the Maiden - C9 Mafia edition (Pesco, Affinity Wins)
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2010, 06:55:59 PM »
Hey I made the best possible play for my position as scum there too with the copclaim gambit.

But yeah, town learnt absolutely nothing from the WoT in the last post-game discussion.

« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2010, 06:56:42 PM »
Mod Notes:

"Hey, Random.org!"
"What is it, Zakeri?"
"Who should I make the Doctor?"
"UncertainKitten!"
"You said that last time...
Who should I make Scum?"
"Pesco!"
"You said that last time, too...
But, I need a second scum as well! Who should I make that?"
"Umm ... Why not the Person who the VIP claimed that you made scum last game because it was his special game?"
"..."
"Just do it."
"Okay..."

This is why you never outguess the mod. Because if you're right, the game isn't fun anyway, so everyone loses.

Also, Poor Alice. She really wanted those cookies.

UK's play in the first part of Day 2 was impressive, as well as Kiro's play at the end of day one.You two had such a strong grip on how the setup looked like that I was really surprised that neither of the scum had No bandwagoning on them by the end of the day.

I apologize to the mafia, for giving UK a Meta clear. Part of the doctor wifom is that scum could no kill, and since I implied that wouldn't happen, that completely cleared UK and mostly cleared Kiro.

Any good gambiter (Which, if Pesco isn't one then I don't know what is) Knows that if you're going to claim cop as scum, you should be preparing to claim from Night Zero.

I have no clue what Roukanken was trying to do either. It looked to me like he was trying to deny his hand was in the cookie jar while everyone was clear to see the cookie jar with which his hand is in. His argument largely seemed to consist of him clearing Pesco due to cheerleading K4u's wagon without voting, because Pesco as scum wouldn't do something so scummy.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2010, 07:02:48 PM »
Good game Pesco and Affinity. Not what most of us expected. Yes, the showdown between Pesco and HW should have happened.

I shouldn't be letting these comments from Kilga and Alice get me down, but I won't lie that I'm not affected by it. I'm going to walk away, for a while.

« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »
Random.org is moe.

I was pretty much convinced that Rou was Pesco's partner at that point so I didn't feel there would be much of a difference, plus it seemed to me at the end of the day that if I didn't switch I would have gotten lynched myself (and I'd rather get somebody who I find very likely to be scum but am not sure about lynched than myself when I know I'm town). Though I guess I am more at fault than him here, I'd still like to know what Rou was doing because he pretty much set himself up for that either way. Ugh.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2010, 07:04:57 PM »
...Kiro, you were pushing Rou for the entire latter portion of D2 IIRC.

But, hey, I gave up on it myself too, and if I had actually had some presence yesterday, I might have done something.

Oh, right, HW, in the end you really should have just kept your vote on Pesco (Or did you?) You KNEW he was scum, whereas you were only rather sure of Rou.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2010, 07:07:12 PM »
I shouldn't be letting these comments from Kilga and Alice get me down, but I won't lie that I'm not affected by it. I'm going to walk away, for a while.

Eh, everyone has bad games. Don't forget that we're not that far removed from Mai HiME.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2010, 07:09:03 PM »

I said the same thing in Suzumiya Mafia, and I'm pretty much over it already.

The best cure for Mafia Blues is Mafia Schadenfreude.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2010, 07:13:17 PM »
Hopefully I'll be more motivated next game.

And hey, let's look at the positives.

UK didn't get in a multipage ad hom battle with anyone \o/

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »
Apologies to Rou for the mindfuck.

Kiro

« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2010, 07:18:55 PM »
I'm not really that depressed about the game. But it's a good time for me to not screw around here anymore. Apologies to Rou for the mislynch and to everyone else for not reading any future responses.

Kiro

« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2010, 07:24:59 PM »
One more thing:

Take it easy Affinity and stay safe. Thanks for playing with us again.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

I'm sorry, guys. I fucked up about as hard as it is physically possible to fuck up. >_>

After Alice's whole STOP LYNCHING PEOPLE FOR MISTAKES THAT AREN'T SCUMMY rant last game, and the re-read of WTC, I decided that Pesco NOT going for K4U and leaving his vote nowhere made no sense if he was scum. Scum would WANT to try and start a wagon, in short. I don't recall Scum!Pesco ever being the type to cheerlead, either.

Then on the bus home today (by which point it had already been far too late to change things) I realised something. 'If Pesco knows HW is scum...why hasn't he voted him? FFFFFFFFFFFFF-'

So yeah, sorry, I fucked up, throw all your jibes at me, you're an idiot, how the fuck were you not scum, you shouldn't be playing here, blah blah blah. I'm used to it. >_>

« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2010, 09:31:42 PM »
Pesco was voting me though :S

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2010, 09:38:40 PM »
Pesco was voting me though :S

But the cop said you were scum :V

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2010, 09:38:50 PM »
Great, so now I can't even remember shit like that.

Honestly, I didn't take well to this result. I started snapping at my sister because after I finally sit down and try to make myself better, I play the worst game I've produced in months. And that is fucking saying something. >_>

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2010, 10:40:28 PM »
Well, first off, thanks to everyone for organizing this game.  It was really nostalgic to play with you guys once more, and I really look forward to the time where I will be able to play with you guys like past times again (probably 2012).

About the game, I don't think pesco and me played our absolute best, but the copclaim really threw everyone up in arms and he deserves real credit for that.  I also think we did our best to contribute to the confusion (to be honest, I can't believe I managed to sway the lynch to Roukanken).  Town could have done better, especially Rou and huh what; I guess short games like these can teach pretty big morals in a short amount of time.  K4U should also have went with the flow and not be so anti-town.  Kiro tried his best, but that was contaminated by the amount of dirt Rou had by that point.  UK played clear-headed and was probably the best townie in this game, in my opinion.

Good game everyone; have fun this season.  May be able to play with you on and off intermittently throughout the next two years, but probably only twice more.  Army so far has been bearable; it's just rather... banal and sad to have to go back every week.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2010, 10:45:05 PM »
Good luck Affinity. And you did do a good job. It bugs me how I actually directly accused both of you twice, but held back, and then lost everything in my reread :P.

Course, my pairings were mostly wrong, which was stupid of me. Ah well...well, thank you Affinity, but I really don't feel like I did that well.

« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2010, 11:12:47 PM »
Not Sure if I mentioned this in my last post, but yes, part of the problem was that Rather than just leaving it at Pesco Vs Huh what and Affinity Vs Roukanken, you suggested scumpairs. That was pretty much a glaring signal to Affinity that Scum win was almost secured as long as he bussed Pesco.

I don't think Town has something glaringly wrong with them in this game. I just think it was a lot of little mistakes that added up.

In any case, it's great to have been able to host a game like this for you Affinity. It's also great to know not to try any more assassin setups~