Author Topic: Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu Mafia: DAY FIVE!  (Read 54238 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu Mafia: Day 1 START!
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2010, 05:25:22 PM »
derp I'm a retard

You are 2-(Methylseleninyl)benzanilide

##Evict Edible

For the same reasons that I believe you are evicting Bard for. If you guys don't get it, learn to read.

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2010, 05:35:43 PM »
1. Kilgamayan: Rou
2. Sakana: Kilgamayan, Huh what
1. Kefit: Sakana
1. Roukanken: Zakeri
1. Zakeri: Bardiche
1. Bardiche: Edible
1. Huh what: Neitz
1. Edible: Pesco

Special Thanks to Neitz for breaking the pattern. :X

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2010, 05:39:41 PM »
For the same reasons that I believe you are evicting Bard for. If you guys don't get it, learn to read.

Can you explain this?  I'm on Bard because he went from "everyone, let's be serious" to "everyone, let's be silly" in one post.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2010, 05:40:26 PM »
I think you voted him to see who else would jump on.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2010, 05:47:53 PM »
##Unevict: Sakana
##Evict: Edible

Sure, why not. Attacking Bard for having fun with flavor is good enough for an ED1 case.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »
Just posting to add that I Understand and have no problems with the reasons for voting Edible at this point.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2010, 06:30:12 PM »
Are you sure? Not even if one argued that the person making sense was merely trying to take control of the game in what would cause others to subconsciously think said person was town in an artificial movement?

This suggestion Rou made is dropdead obvious and I think if Rou hadn't suggested it, someone else would─also town wants to look like town almost as much if not just as much as scum does, so it's a null tell at best.

Also
Can you explain this?  I'm on Bard because he went from "everyone, let's be serious" to "everyone, let's be silly" in one post.

Really? I remember saying, "Let's not jokevote and make serious votes", then voting on someone I thought had a crappy reason for voting Roukanken whether it was a joke or serious vote, then proceeded to lollygag a little by making a votecount and keeping it Haruhi themed by citing lines from the novels, paraphrased a little.

Where did I tell people to continue jokevoting in that, and why do you insist that me saying "People, don't jokevote" implies that I think people aren't allowed to mess about? I don't care about people joking, I just want the votes to be serious and not for jokes, specifically because after deciding our eviction target, we also need to elect a King, and this process shouldn't be drawn out with jokevoting phase first.

Edible

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2010, 06:40:04 PM »
and why do you insist that me saying "People, don't jokevote" implies that I think people aren't allowed to mess about?

Because when one person starts srsbnsing votes, the joke vote stage ends for everyone.  Nature of the game.

I do agree that we should probably elect a King first and worry about who they should kill throughout the rest of the day, though.  Should help to alleviate deadline issues.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2010, 07:02:42 PM »
How are we supposed to decide on someone for king without some stances first? Deciding the lynch will give us the proper raw data, the alignment of the king can be better judged relatively from all the reactions over the day. Ultimately the king is someone that is not up for being lynched but they'd still have to be accountable for the final kill action.

Edible

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2010, 07:13:17 PM »
Because we can have the King cede his/her killing authority to a majority vote - UK didn't specify how the King determines the lynch, only that they determine it.  And they're not unable to kill themselves, as far as I'm aware.

This gives us more leeway to determine and enact a lynch.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2010, 07:20:37 PM »
Edible if you thought we should pick a King first why didn't you say so instead of jumping on Bard? Bard really didn't do anything overly wrong. He kind of contradicted himself just a bit, but he has a good point in saying that we shouldn't waste time joke voting. A bit of joking around [especially when it fits the flavor] thrown in the vote count has nothing to do with the voting itself. If you just said above that we should try to be avoiding deadline issues why not mention your thoughts on electing a King first earlier? That would have save more time if that's what you're really thinking.

#Evict Edible

Count is:
Bard - 1
Edible - 3
Huh what - 1
Kilga - 1
Kefit - 1
Sakana - 1
Zakeri - 1

If I'm not mistaken. [sorry for not having who voted for who]

Edible

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2010, 07:29:24 PM »
Edible if you thought we should pick a King first why didn't you say so instead of jumping on Bard?

I didn't consider my stance on kings-first until after Bard brought it up, which was after I voted him for reasons previously stated.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2010, 07:45:57 PM »
derp I'm a retard

##Unevict

Nietz: I voted Jam for not saying anything of use (but she actually did, so I'm a moron) and not "voting"(which she "couldn't" at the time). huh what didn't do that.
"What!?" again, this is nothing like the reasoning you first gave, it sounds like you're just making stuff up.
##Unevict
##Evict Sodium/MSB
I gave you the benefit of doubt before because you could've just mixed up the order of posts, but now it sounds like you were trying to find any reason to vote someone and tried to backpedal when you messed up.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2010, 08:52:14 PM »
Spoiler:
The Second "SOS Nara Daijobu KINGMAKER" Vote Count

"That's Classified Information"

Mod Note: Lol vote count didn't change.

1. Jam(0)
2. Nietz (0)
3. Kefit (1): Kilgamayan
4. Kilgamayan (0)
5. Pesco (0)
6. MSB (0)
7. Edible (0)
8. Bardiche (0)
9. huh what (0)
10. Sakana (0)
11. Roukanken (0)
12. Zakeri (1): Edible

Not Voting (10): Jam, Nietz, Kefit, Pesco, MSB,  Bardiche, huh what, Sakana, Roukanken, Zakeri

With 12 alive it takes 7 to elect your lord and master (for the day)
Deadline is in ~77 hours at 10 PM EST, Saturday, March 20th
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:10:19 PM by UncertainKitten »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2010, 09:05:17 PM »
Just posting to add that I Understand and have no problems with the reasons for voting Edible at this point.
'Sup guys, just throwing in that I totally approve of this lynch which I'm not taking part in.'
##Unevict; Evict: Zakeri

Really the matter of who gets King is pretty much pointless if Town's already come to a majority agreement over who should be lynched. If they decide to turn away and kill whoever THEY want to, they're pretty much obvscum and they're dead meat D2.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2010, 09:07:41 PM »
Really the matter of who gets King is pretty much pointless if Town's already come to a majority agreement over who should be lynched. If they decide to turn away and kill whoever THEY want to, they're pretty much obvscum and they're dead meat D2.

Or they could be like, 'Mason-buddies lol :V'. Just saying.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2010, 09:12:33 PM »
Or they could be like, 'Mason-buddies lol :V'. Just saying.
What are the odds people would believe a claim that convenient? >_>

Edible

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2010, 09:13:21 PM »
What are the odds people would believe a claim that convenient? >_>

:alice-claims-doctor:

Spoiler:
Goddammit how did you figure out Alice was the secret non player doctor!?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:22:22 PM by UncertainKitten »

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2010, 10:32:06 PM »
I agree that there's no reason for a King to vote to lynch anyone other than whoever we vote to lynch.
No claiming or anything would probably change anyone's mind about lynching them if they were to somehow go against what we had decided unless they somehow indicated it beforehand [in which case we'd have to be damn trusting to let them go their own way]

Count for Evict votes is:
Bard - 1
Edible - 3
Kefit - 1
Sakana - 1
Sodium - 1
Zakeri - 2

If I'm not wrong...

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2010, 10:37:49 PM »
Scum fakeclaiming masons would be suicidal. Who knows what powers lurk in this game that could be used to call bullshit on them?

If whoever gets elected wants to claim masons with whoever they're supposed to kill, I say let 'em, on the condition that they state whether or not their alignments are confirmed to each other. (Obviously don't do this if you're town and not a mason.)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2010, 12:47:45 AM »
Quote from: Spooniche
also town wants to look like town almost as much if not just as much as scum does
You give us way too much credit.

Quote from: Roukanken
'Sup guys, just throwing in that I totally approve of this lynch which I'm not taking part in.'
I'm also not allowed to change my mind, or have more than one target in mind for any reason, and must always quantify anything I find suspicion with a bolded, double-octothorpes "Please kill this person today" request.

...Then again, I could have worded the offending sentence better if I had cared enough about looking town.

Anyway, Edible! Can I ask why you want to know more*47 about Bard's role?

Edible

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2010, 12:49:28 AM »
Because someone possibly claiming early D1 usually has some sort of reason behind it, else it's immensely stupid.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2010, 01:00:08 AM »
Because when one person starts srsbnsing votes, the joke vote stage ends for everyone.  Nature of the game.

I do agree that we should probably elect a King first and worry about who they should kill throughout the rest of the day, though.  Should help to alleviate deadline issues.

Mess about != Jokevoting, but others went over this. I had fun with the votecount, I apologise if that makes you think it's a good reason to lynch.

You give us way too much credit.

You mean town? That town doesn't want to look as town? Or do you mean I give scum too much credit? :V :ohdear: ???

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2010, 01:03:21 AM »
I'm also not allowed to change my mind, or have more than one target in mind for any reason, and must always quantify anything I find suspicion with a bolded, double-octothorpes "Please kill this person today" request.
To be honest, though, it seems pretty odd to make a post just to announce you agree with the reasons for voting somebody when you're not even voting for that person. I'm not saying agreeing is bad, the post just seemed kind of needless unless you were trying to draw attention to yourself.

...Then again, I could have worded the offending sentence better if I had cared enough about looking town.
Could you maybe reword it? I'm still confused what you were trying get across beyond "oh i agree".

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2010, 01:19:19 AM »
Bard: I mean that looking like a townie is, in practice, the furthest thing from the mind of an actual townie. Especially since it's one of those things you'd think would come naturally from being a townie in the first place.

Quote from: huh what
Could you maybe reword it? I'm still confused what you were trying get across beyond "oh i agree".
Well I agreed with everyone because I looked back and saw some good reasons to put edible in a spot. I can understand "Edible made a dumb vote" Being used as a reason this early in the game, even though my real reason was "Edible doing some role fishing". It seems like I'm the only one who picked up the last one, though.

I personally like the case on Edible, since both of those counts are scummy~

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2010, 03:03:39 AM »
Sup Jam. I like how you repeated what Rou said and then stated the obvious. How about you vote evict someone?
Nietz: I voted Jam for not saying anything of use (but she actually did, so I'm a moron) and not "voting"(which she "couldn't" at the time).
Repeating someoneelse & stating the obvious = not saying anything of use
how about you evict someone? = "not voting"
And huh what didn't do any of these, so I was wondering why you were evicting him.
---
So, where's Sakana?

Zakeri: Rou is scummier than Edible to you, right? if so, why? It just seems like you have better reasons to vote Edible from what you've said.

huh what: Are you going to just keep your random vote? Also, what are your opinions?

Whelp, I don't have much to add to what's been said. Can't concentrate tonight anyways. =|

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2010, 03:32:20 AM »
Currently buried beneath a million pounds of school, let's see if I can come up with anything useful.

I agree that picking a kind is second priority to picking an eviction - provided that we can actually pick an eviction!. People talked about setting up duels in himelander, yet we were often left with pluralities. The scattered eviction voting so far doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that this game will be any different. If we end up with pluralities - especially with multiple pluralities - then the choice of king might become quite important indeed.

I say we loophole the system for a while, and run the game out as normal with 'fake' votes (Using something like ##Evict with a player-kept vote tally). Then in the last 24 hours or so, everyone decides who they want to see lynched and piles on whoever made the biggest case against who they think is scum. In other words, how Mai-Hime SHOULD have gone but didn't.

Dogpiles seem like the perfect way for scum to hide less than well reasoned votes. Seeing as this is day one, and I don't have much time, this is scummy enough to get my vote.

##Evict Rou

Furthermore, I know I'm town, and I'm far more uncouth than Kilga, and I also recognize the advantage of picking a king simultaneously with picking an eviction, so:

Vote Kefit

« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2010, 03:43:16 AM »
Well I agreed with everyone because I looked back and saw some good reasons to put edible in a spot. I can understand "Edible made a dumb vote" Being used as a reason this early in the game, even though my real reason was "Edible doing some role fishing". It seems like I'm the only one who picked up the last one, though.

I personally like the case on Edible, since both of those counts are scummy~
Then, uh, why didn't you point it out in your original post of "Yeah Edible makes sense I guess"? Did you only realize it after the post or something? Because if so that's not what it sounds like from what you just said.

And in this case, why are you voting Roukanken? Your reason to vote him was for making the first serious post (...which honestly doesn't make much sense to me either, if he hadn't made a serious post about the day's conditions then somebody else would have instead eventually, would that make them be suspicious instead for being the first to get to it?) yet you continue voting him even though you seem to have more reason to vote Edible (you even implied that you changed your opinion). Is there something you didn't mention about Roukanken after saying you found him suspicious, too? To be honest a lot of the things you've saying so far don't add up with each other very well.

@ Sodium: Hurrrr. Maybe I should.
## Unvote
Opinions on the reasons for voting Edible or just in general?

« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2010, 03:55:13 AM »
## Unevict, not Unvote. I'm dumb.

« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2010, 04:02:09 AM »
EBWOP the second. I just realized Zakeri evicted Rou for making sense in his first post, not for making the first serious post. I'm even dumber.

It still seems kind of shaky to me, though.