Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Baykuren - Episode 4, Part 5 (Complete)  (Read 35016 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Baykuren - Episode 4, Part 5
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2017, 08:27:45 PM »
>"We do. And thank you, Hyozan. You have my trust as well."

>"Though would it be prying to ask who it was you were speaking with?"

>The dog bows his head to you.
>A Kindred of the Shadow realm. One who wears a White Jewel. One of the ones that wants to talk to you.

« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2017, 08:40:26 PM »
>"The Shadow realm?"
>"And what did they want to talk to me about? Well, other than what they said to me directly."

« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2017, 08:48:37 PM »
>"The Shadow realm?"
>"And what did they want to talk to me about? Well, other than what they said to me directly."

>If you can believe what you hear about the White Council, they'll want to know how you did what you did to the Stuntrons. And why you did it. Non-blood have fought and defeated, even killed, Blackblood before, but no one's ever changed a Blood Jewel before. They'll want to know where you stand in the Blood War, and probably try and get a better sense of how strong you are. He pauses. And, if you could do the same to them, too.
>As for the Shadow Realm... As you humans say, that is a long story.

« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2017, 09:09:44 PM »
>"I'm willing to listen."

« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2017, 09:36:09 PM »
>"I'm willing to listen."

>Well, I can tell what I know, but it won't be as much as the White Lord that crosses over. I'm not much of a historian.

« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2017, 09:56:43 PM »
>"That's fine; given that I know nothing at all, it's certain to be an improvement."

« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2017, 11:11:57 PM »
>"That's fine; given that I know nothing at all, it's certain to be an improvement."

>All right. The Shadow Realm is the world where the majority of the Blood live. Long ago, thousands of years, most of the Blood left this world for another, to escape the persecution and hatred of the Heikot. The non-Blood.

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2017, 11:52:37 PM »
>"But they can come and go from there freely?"

« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2017, 01:13:32 AM »
>"But they can come and go from there freely?"

>Not freely. As far as I know, there's only two ways to travel between worlds. Either using the physical passage, or by being strong enough to open a hole in the barrier between worlds. A level of power which only the strongest possess. I, for example, would not be able to.

« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2017, 01:16:35 AM »
>"But the person you were talking to....?"
>"Also: there's a physical passage?"

« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2017, 01:30:47 AM »
>"But the person you were talking to....?"
>"Also: there's a physical passage?"

>Is among those who are strong enough to do so, yes. But I seriously doubt he'll be the one coming. He hates this world.
>Yes.

« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2017, 01:40:00 AM »
>"Shall I assume its location is a closely-guarded secret?"

« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2017, 01:43:53 AM »
>"Shall I assume its location is a closely-guarded secret?"

>Hyozan barks once. Oh, I didn't know you wanted to know where it was. It's in the mountains of Walakia. He tilts his head at you curiously. Why?
>You're familiar with Walakia. It's a medium-sized country in eastern Europe.

« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2017, 02:02:48 AM »
>"I was just curious. I had assumed that if they'd used it to escape persecution, its location might have been hidden."
>"...what do you think I should expect from this White Lord you say is coming?"

« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2017, 02:33:04 AM »
>"I was just curious. I had assumed that if they'd used it to escape persecution, its location might have been hidden."
>"...what do you think I should expect from this White Lord you say is coming?"

>It is. To those without a Jewel, the correct passage through the mountains is just another mountain pass. Only the Blood can find the way.
>Hyozan looks away from you, tilting his head up. You guess that's his way of thinking. It's hard to predict. It depends on whoever comes here. The Lords and Warlords of the White Council are not one unified mind. I know that some will see you as a threat. I also know that some will see you as a friend.

« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2017, 02:38:12 AM »
>"We seem to have a nasty habit of ending up in the middle of factional conflicts.... But I'm sure you understand why we did what we did for the Stuntrons. I just... wanted to give them the chance to lead an honest and good life - something that had been denied them by the circumstances of their birth. To have that much malice and dark emotion thrust on you before you are even truly awake to life...."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 02:45:21 AM by DracoOmega »

« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2017, 07:11:30 PM »
>"We seem to have a nasty habit of ending up in the middle of factional conflicts.... But I'm sure you understand why we did what we did for the Stuntrons. I just... wanted to give them the chance to lead an honest and good life - something that had been denied them by the circumstances of their birth. To have that much malice and dark emotion thrust on you before you are even truly awake to life...."

>The dog listens silently as you spell out your reasoning for changing the biker gang. When you are finished, Hyozan growls quietly. No. I do not understand. Kindred or no, I am still a Brightblood. And while I am happy you defeated them, I would have been happier if you had killed them.
>As if to punctuate his statement, the dog straightens himself and you feel the very faintest whiff of power. In the area between his two piercing blue eyes, an uncut blue jewel, something that looks to your eye like a sapphire, fades into being.

« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2017, 07:59:43 PM »
>"Blackbloods or no, they were still people. What choice did they make to become Blackbloods? Would it not have been better if they had been something else, instead? If they had been given the opportunity to help, rather than harm?"

« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2017, 09:04:49 PM »
>"Blackbloods or no, they were still people. What choice did they make to become Blackbloods? Would it not have been better if they had been something else, instead? If they had been given the opportunity to help, rather than harm?"

>Not if they could still threaten Letty. Hyozan replies. I don't know exactly what you did to those people, but I know what they were.

« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2017, 09:28:15 PM »
>"If they threaten her, we will be there to stop it; I promise this. But I wish to believe that the threat once posed by the Stuntcons is gone for good now."

« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2017, 09:33:09 PM »
>"If they threaten her, we will be there to stop it; I promise this. But I wish to believe that the threat once posed by the Stuntcons is gone for good now."

>I will hope you are right. There is that barely-perceptible whiff of power again, and Hyozan's Jewel disappears again.
>"How do you do that?" Rin asks.
>It's an ability all Blood share. Kindred simply have more reason than non-Kindred to use it.

« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »
>"And you were just... born knowing all this?"

« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2017, 09:56:22 PM »
>"And you were just... born knowing all this?"

>Hyozan tilts his head to the side. All of what?

« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2017, 10:08:32 PM »
>"Your powers and what they stem from."

« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2017, 11:23:55 PM »
>"Your powers and what they stem from."

>You mean, are we born knowing all that we are and all we can do?

« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2017, 11:30:03 PM »
>"Yes, I guess. Or does it need to taught?"

« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2017, 11:42:03 PM »
>"Yes, I guess. Or does it need to taught?"

>Taught. There are some skills that are shared by all the Blood, but everyone has to learn how to use them. Potential skills, would be a better way to put it.
>"Shared by both sides?" Rin asks.
>By both Bright and Black Blood, yes.

« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2017, 11:52:28 PM »
>"Are all Blood born to parents that are also Blood, then?"

« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2017, 12:10:40 AM »
>"Are all Blood born to parents that are also Blood, then?"

>Yes. More accurately, at least one parent must be Blood.

« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2017, 12:24:16 AM »
>Do we actually know anything about how Letty and Hyozan came to be living together, or how long they have been?