Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 172169 times)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #840 on: January 08, 2012, 05:22:21 AM »
>Reimu: "Okay, so you're from another world. Does it have a name? Does your race have a name? Do you have a name?"
>"Yes to all three, but it only sounds like eldritch incoherent babbling to people who don't understand it. I suppose you can call me whatever you want, as long as it isn't 'Italicized Text Guy.'"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #841 on: January 08, 2012, 06:11:07 AM »
>Reimu: "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"
>"And I still want the names, even if they'll sound like gibberish."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #842 on: January 08, 2012, 07:44:26 AM »
>Reimu: "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"
>"It means you can call me whatever."

>"And I still want the names, even if they'll sound like gibberish."
>"Fine. The name of my world is [insert horrible-sounding gibberish here]. My race is called [insert horrible-sounding gibberish here], but other species tend to call us black holes. As for me, my name is [insert horrible-sounding gibberish here], but as I said, you can call me whatever you like."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #843 on: January 12, 2012, 03:10:26 PM »
>Reimu: "Right. And you've never had need of a simpler name? Haven't you been interacting with other worlds, even besides this one? Surely there's something else you've been called."
>Shiki: "I think we should get down to business. You already know why we're here, I believe, so allow me to be direct: what is the purpose behind your actions?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #844 on: January 13, 2012, 11:45:26 PM »
>Reimu: "Right. And you've never had need of a simpler name? Haven't you been interacting with other worlds, even besides this one? Surely there's something else you've been called."
>Shiki: "I think we should get down to business. You already know why we're here, I believe, so allow me to be direct: what is the purpose behind your actions?"
>"It was because I didn't quite think your morals were quite correct. I don't think my actions were entirely justified now, though."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 02:25:40 AM by Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #845 on: January 14, 2012, 12:33:29 AM »
>Shiki: "That is most certainly true. But if you now believe that, then what led to that change?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #846 on: January 14, 2012, 02:25:21 AM »
>Shiki: "That is most certainly true. But if you now believe that, then what led to that change?"
>"Thinking about it...for a year. And a few months. It may feel like only slightly more than a week, but to me it felt like a year..."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #847 on: January 14, 2012, 03:49:29 AM »
>Shiki: "This isn't the first instance in which the time you claim to have lived is different than it was for us. Could you explain that, perhaps?"
>"So, what was it that changed your mind?"
>"And what was your concern with Koishi?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #848 on: January 16, 2012, 05:44:20 PM »
>Shiki: "This isn't the first instance in which the time you claim to have lived is different than it was for us. Could you explain that, perhaps?"
>"I don't know what's happening either. I don't even know if it's mundane or there's a cause behind it. I just know that this past week felt like over a year."
>"So, what was it that changed your mind?"
>"Nothing really specific. Maybe a few realizations. Mainly time."
>"And what was your concern with Koishi?"
>"Urgh. Don't get me started."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #849 on: January 16, 2012, 07:58:39 PM »
>Shiki: "I would very much like to get you started, actually. As, I'm sure, would Koishi."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #850 on: January 21, 2012, 09:08:55 AM »
>Quest lag, and increased apathy.

>Shiki: "I would very much like to get you started, actually. As, I'm sure, would Koishi."
>"Well. It's hard to know where to start. For one thing, how the heck do you think that you know what's right for Satori when you can't even understand other people? You were unnecessarily harsh on Utsuho without even considering that she may be right. At least she acknowledged the moral ambiguity of her actions, even if she did go through with them. You should have quit trying to judge people's intentions when you closed your third eye. Not to mention that your life is entirely pointless. What the hell's the point of a life that just wanders around, without any hopes and dreams? Although it was an out-of-character moment, I wasn't surprised when Satori flipped the frickity-frick out."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #851 on: January 22, 2012, 01:15:59 AM »
>Shiki: "Do not presume to question how she lives her life. It is her decision to make, not yours."
>"But allow me to clarify my question: why did you decide that Koishi was a concern of yours?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #852 on: January 25, 2012, 02:46:09 AM »
>Shiki: "Do not presume to question how she lives her life. It is her decision to make, not yours."
>"But allow me to clarify my question: why did you decide that Koishi was a concern of yours?"
>"When I decide I didn't agree with what she was doing?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #853 on: January 25, 2012, 03:19:25 AM »
>Shiki: "Do you take such measures with every single person who does something you don't like? Because I don't see how you would have the time to do so."
>Reimu: "She's got a point. There's gotta be tons of people who've done things you didn't like. What made Koishi stand out? What do you, personally, have to gain from changing Koishi's mind?"
>Shiki: "And what, precicely, do you think gives you the right to decide how others think? Even we Yama do not do that. We judge people, not shape them. What gives you the right to shape them?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #854 on: January 25, 2012, 07:57:32 AM »
>Shiki: "Do you take such measures with every single person who does something you don't like? Because I don't see how you would have the time to do so."
>Reimu: "She's got a point. There's gotta be tons of people who've done things you didn't like. What made Koishi stand out? What do you, personally, have to gain from changing Koishi's mind?"
>"It's not as if I bother everyone I don't like. There are some people who offend me to the very core. Also, I gain nothing."

>Shiki: "And what, precicely, do you think gives you the right to decide how others think? Even we Yama do not do that. We judge people, not shape them. What gives you the right to shape them?"
>"You assume that changing people is a right given to a select few in the first place."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #855 on: January 25, 2012, 04:25:14 PM »
>Shiki: "I'm not talking about simply changing people. What you're doing is different. I myself try to change people whenever I can; I do not like having to send people to hell. But regardless of what I do, the choice is ultimately theirs. With what you're doing, this is not the case. You were acting by altering minds directly. You didn't try to convince me that your beliefs on right and wrong are correct; you tried to alter my mind such that I believed what you do. That is the line. Your method removes choice from the matter, and that, nobody has the right to do."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #856 on: January 26, 2012, 11:10:05 PM »
>Shiki: "I'm not talking about simply changing people. What you're doing is different. I myself try to change people whenever I can; I do not like having to send people to hell. But regardless of what I do, the choice is ultimately theirs. With what you're doing, this is not the case. You were acting by altering minds directly. You didn't try to convince me that your beliefs on right and wrong are correct; you tried to alter my mind such that I believed what you do. That is the line. Your method removes choice from the matter, and that, nobody has the right to do."
>"What? No. I never attempted to alter anyone's mind, despite how it may feel."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #857 on: January 27, 2012, 12:26:30 AM »
>Shiki: "Then what, precisely, do you call what you were doing to me?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #858 on: January 27, 2012, 03:23:31 AM »
>Shiki: "Then what, precisely, do you call what you were doing to me?"
>"The power of words."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #859 on: January 27, 2012, 03:25:50 AM »
>Shiki: "Elaborate."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #860 on: January 27, 2012, 04:20:00 AM »
>Shiki: "Elaborate."
>"No magic. No technology. No spiritual powers. Remember when Eirin found that there are nothing affecting you? It was just words that kept you down."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #861 on: January 27, 2012, 05:22:02 AM »
>Shiki: "Oh? Then how do you explain the nightmares? Or destroying my items? Or the doubts that came from you well before there were any words?"
>"Koishi, is this... thing being honest?"
>Koishi: Can we tell? And if we can, is it?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #862 on: January 28, 2012, 03:25:40 AM »
>Shiki: "Oh? Then how do you explain the nightmares? Or destroying my items? Or the doubts that came from you well before there were any words?"
>"The nightmares were just my way of communication. As for breaking your things...damn, forgot why I did that. And there were doubts before words?"

>"Koishi, is this... thing being honest?"
>Koishi: Can we tell? And if we can, is it?
>You can't tell. Its subconscious is too foreign for you to understand.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #863 on: January 28, 2012, 03:47:08 AM »
>Shiki: "You 'forgot'?"
>"It was only yesterday that you first spoke. The nightmares, and the doubts, began before that. And the doubts were not mine."
>"There's also the fact that you have been disrupting my power. That is clearly more than just words."
>Koishi: Subconscious? Isn't the eye still open?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #864 on: January 28, 2012, 10:44:15 PM »
>Shiki: "You 'forgot'?"
>"Maybe it was to temporarily stop you from judging

>"It was only yesterday that you first spoke. The nightmares, and the doubts, began before that. And the doubts were not mine."
>"Wha...I knew you forgot what I said in those nightmares, but you forgot that I said anything at all?"

>"There's also the fact that you have been disrupting my power. That is clearly more than just words."
>"Okay, but I still didn't affect your mental faculties."

>Koishi: Subconscious? Isn't the eye still open?
>That doesn't work either.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #865 on: January 29, 2012, 12:07:02 AM »
>Shiki: "You weren't trying to control me directly, no. You were trying to brainwash me."
>"But I sense that there is little point to continuing this line of conversation. You said you changed your mind about what you were doing to me; does that mean that you intend to cease your... activities?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #866 on: January 31, 2012, 02:03:24 AM »
>Shiki: "You weren't trying to control me directly, no. You were trying to brainwash me."
>"What."

>"But I sense that there is little point to continuing this line of conversation. You said you changed your mind about what you were doing to me; does that mean that you intend to cease your... activities?"
>"Obviously."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #867 on: January 31, 2012, 03:27:57 AM »
>Shiki: "You attempted to influence my thinking against my will. What else would you call it?"
>Reimu: "Are we going to accomplish anything, or are you two just going to bicker endlessly?"
>"Hey, thing, what's the deal with this overlay thing?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #868 on: January 31, 2012, 06:25:40 AM »
>Shiki: "You attempted to influence my thinking against my will. What else would you call it?"
>"Whatever."

>Reimu: "Are we going to accomplish anything, or are you two just going to bicker endlessly?"
>"Hey, thing, what's the deal with this overlay thing?"
>"The hell I know."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #869 on: February 01, 2012, 03:53:19 AM »
>Shiki: "If you truly intend to cease such activities, then I suppose it doesn't matter what we call it. Please confirm, then, that you will make no further attempt to influence my decisions, and that you will not interfere with my powers. Or break my items, once I have them again."
>Reimu: "Weren't you messing with Yukari's power, too? Stop that, too."
>"And then tell us about the overlay. You're the one who told Shiki that you didn't think we could stop it, right? You clearly know something."
>Shiki: "It did say that the information came from other sources."
>Reimu: "Then get us in touch with those other sources."