Author Topic: [TF2] MotK Meetups (Next Meet: SOMEBODY SCREEEEAAAAAM! Oct 31s - Nov 1st)  (Read 334095 times)

Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (NEXT MEET: January 19th - 21st at 8PM)
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2012, 06:33:26 AM »
Train: the MVP of VSH Well.

Overall, this meet was incredibly fun. See you next time I get a chance.

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2012, 06:49:31 AM »
One day I shall be able to play as Hale on that map and not get hit by the train. :V

I should be able to get online for Saturday.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:11:33 AM by DoubleDibble »

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2012, 10:09:12 AM »
Aww, I tried to attend the meeting, but everytime something showed up for me to do in the time.
Feels bad to miss that.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »
Aww, I tried to attend the meeting, but everytime something showed up for me to do in the time.
Feels bad to miss that.
Pretty much what happens here, with an added bonus that someone needs to use my computer since it's the only Windows computer we have.

I might be able to go for Saturday's match, but don't count on it.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2012, 12:13:41 PM »
Overall, great and fun matches. Best part: seeing people, especially Exuro and Hale, get repeatedly run over by the train in Well (Arena), complete with Yukarin's comments on the issue (eg. 'I-I didn't mean to hit you!'). :3

*train whooosh!* *hit nothing*
Yukarin: BAD TRAIN DIDNT HIT HALE
Yukarin: wait lemme summon another
*summon train* *hits Exuro*
Yukarin: I-I didn't mean to hit you!

Another instance:

*derpaderp Dibble as Hale* *gets hit by train*
Yukarin: GOOD BOY

*hey Dibble's Hale again* *Dibble didn't deathbomb*
Yukarin: VERY VERY GOOD BOY

:V

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2012, 06:28:51 PM »
I was at friends from school

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2012, 07:11:11 PM »
I was a crit and train magnet the whole night for some reason. I think that all of my forced axe crits had displeased the RNG for some reason. :getdown:
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2012, 07:57:51 PM »
Oh man those trolls yesterday were pretty funny except for that one guy with a broken mic >> Anyways I did surprisingly well yesterday consider I was playing on a lol netbook.
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2012, 11:01:42 PM »
What started as a training session for Jimmy with me and Frey ended turning into a public Degroot Keep festival complete with a ton of Half-Zatoichis and a bunch of pubbies. Seems that a few other MotK players also joined in this warm-up.

Main event's in 2 hours, should be enough time to prepare for a good number.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2012, 11:24:58 PM »
I managed to join in on the training but there's no why that i'll be able to join for the main event, it was plenty fun though.
:P

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2012, 05:44:22 AM »
One day I shall be able to play as Hale on that map and not get hit by the train. :V

Mission complete! Though I then proceeded to get launched into the saw in Sawmill. If it's not one thing, it's the other I guess :V  I had a good time as always though.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2012, 05:46:17 AM »
god

damn

lag

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2012, 06:06:45 AM »
So how can we sum up what we did today? Well, aside from some users having client-side lag and internet connection issues everything went great! I kinda wish people would actually DL the maps ahead of time, though, as we still can't solve that download bug (and also it limits our repertoire).

Synopsis:
 - First two hours were just vanilla, and went without a single hassle in the process. That Hightower match was really tense - took forever to (barely) win one of the rounds. Plenty of stabbing action too on both sides (usually from me, Gpop, Frey, or Yukarin).
 - Then I decided to put gamemode up to a vote; Randomizer won out, did a few (aggravating) rounds of that. Quite a few left here due to the gamemode switch.
 - VSH came next - played on Well and Sawmill with about 6-9 players during that time.
 - Next hour and half then was a sudden switch to 'Vs. Admin Mode' on Dustbowl. Command spam (eg. teleporting everyone to skybox), rocket streams, frequent airblasts, and more of that absurd stuff was involved.
 - Finally, a round of ctf_well to conclude events (we were down to 8 players). Gpop wanted AdvWeps but a quick explanation killed that idea.

Peculiarities:
 - Thanks to lack of Exuro, the Well Train decided to target Gpop instead.
 - Yukarin had a timeout error during a VSH round; in turn I kick her (as Hale was still running around) and next round, I get run over by a train...kick revenge? ???
 - Dibble (as Hale) didn't get hit by the train this time...except that he got punched to the sawblades. :V
 - Dual admin attack - Gpop and me vs. everyone else in VAM (or 2vsAll). At least it was more balanced thanks to equipping weaker weapons.

Other notes:
 - Timezones are a screwy issue as always, especially between EU and US/CA Pacific players. I'd consider pushing the next meets an hour to three up.
 - Map download issue - they download fine in FF, so why don't they....until that is fixed we'll have to make sure that everyone on the server has the desired map before we move to that one.
 - Kyo: 'Replays not loading due to error messages'. While I've had similar issues with the Replay Editor, it's odd, then, that Dusty was able to get replays and upload them....
 - A few more showed up today than on Friday amongst the MotKers. Probably a number close to that on Thursday.
 - Links on map post that originate from server are dead, as found out by Kyo. The reason for that is that omgkitties moved the replay and download data to other areas on Thursday amid the super lag.
 - Lag issues coming from users that are close to the server location *looks at shim* - perhaps it's their networks or settings....
 - I typically plan these meets for 4-hour durations, with the first two hours dedicated to vanilla play, but seems we often hit 5 or more. Might have to extend vanilla time to 2 1/2 hours.
 - Seems we're getting a bit popular - initial log-in for meet showed 2 pubbies already on, and 2 other ones joined in an attempt to record a video. Maybe we're visible on the auto-server connector?
 - Not sure when's the next good time to arrange meets. I think early-mid March works best, with maybe a mini-session next month.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:44:01 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2012, 06:58:31 AM »
- Yukarin had a timeout error during a VSH round; in turn I kick her (as Hale was still running around) and next round, I get run over by a train...kick revenge? ???

D-Did that hit you!? I-I'm so sorry! I-I didn't mean t-to! :ohdear:

I'm going to give that train a talking-to. That disloyal train...

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2012, 07:51:21 AM »
Was fun. Hope we can do some more again soon.
I think early-mid March works best, with maybe a mini-session next month.
Well so much for soon  :V
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2012, 08:01:09 AM »
On the flipside I should have my normal laptop again by that time!  It'll feel good to put some rockets in frey's face again  >:D
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2012, 09:41:11 AM »
If anything, we could go for the impromptu meets until then. There are usually quite a number of us playing TF2 around the same time. We could always gather on one server and have at it sometime.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2012, 01:43:55 PM »
On the flipside I should have my normal laptop again by that time!  It'll feel good to put some rockets in frey's face again  >:D
inb4 airblast

If anything, we could go for the impromptu meets until then. There are usually quite a number of us playing TF2 around the same time. We could always gather on one server and have at it sometime.
That's what I had in mind for the most part. If I do end up announcing a mini-gathering here, it'll probably be a special round of sorts (eg. Highlander mode, competition-style (ie. limited item loadouts and 6v6 on certain CP maps), low/high damage multiplier, certain maps).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 01:55:19 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2012, 03:47:40 PM »
That Hightower match was great :V.
I managed to download the payload maps from server just fine, but I left before we switched to VSH/vsAdmin.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2012, 04:20:17 PM »
I was camping in the corner of the match. At the moment I was Haled, I thought I was screwed. I pulled out Warrior Spirit and held down the fire attack. Good thing melee crits, because that's the only reason why Dibble was done in by the saws.

The links are not broken, it's just the source I was trying to download says I reached my download limit, but I didn't download anything from that source... I suggest mirror links, though, so we can download without the limits.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2012, 04:34:15 PM »
@yuyukos: Our extra maps are mostly arena and VSH, and though we do have downloads for PL maps they're just bot navigation files.

@Kyo: Gotcha with the maps - I'll change the links later today. I kept getting 503 Forbidden errors from those links, myself.

Speaking of maps, if any of you can recommend me a good custom map for vanilla or VSH, post it and the link in this thread and we'll see about putting it in!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:37:30 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2012, 04:54:59 PM »
Peculiarities:
 - Thanks to lack of Exuro, the Well Train decided to target Gpop instead.

Trying to taunt kill the train is a viable strategy!

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2012, 06:12:35 PM »
Speaking of maps, if any of you can recommend me a good custom map for vanilla or VSH, post it and the link in this thread and we'll see about putting it in!
Pretty much everything in there is considered by TF2Maps' staff to be the best maps their users have made. (some of which have been made official, like Lakeside, Nightfall, Mann Manor, Coldfront, and Yukon)

/r/tf2 has a 4.05 GB torrent of custom maps

also, this.

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2012, 09:05:45 PM »
The koth Megaman 6 maps  are pretty fun to play on. I think there might be VSH version too.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2012, 09:25:42 PM »
AH DAMN IT! Why did I think it was the 22nd instead of the 21st?

That's again I've missed this! ><

Glad to hear you guys had fun at the very least.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2012, 09:51:10 PM »
Pretty much everything in there is considered by TF2Maps' staff to be the best maps their users have made. (some of which have been made official, like Lakeside, Nightfall, Mann Manor, Coldfront, and Yukon)
also, this.
I approve of the first set without any doubts. As for Windmilltrainsaw, well, it looks hilarious. :V

The koth Megaman 6 maps  are pretty fun to play on. I think there might be VSH version too.
I've definitely played the VSH version several times. Very interesting map.

AH DAMN IT! Why did I think it was the 22nd instead of the 21st?

That's again I've missed this! ><
Timezones again?
Bad command or file name

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2012, 10:39:39 PM »
This, this, and more this. And I'm not just saying that as a Megaman fan. The map has several phases, each modeled after the different stages from the game. They also run very smoothly, since the textures aren't graphics intensive.

Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (NEXT MEET: ?????????)
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2012, 06:17:56 AM »
I really need to keep track of when these meets are, it would be fun to play against you all!

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2012, 03:22:46 PM »
I really need to keep track of when these meets are, it would be fun to play against you all!
The thread title will update itself whenever the next meet is planned.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2012, 03:23:37 PM »
Hey guys when should we have the next meet?

2/2-2/4?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson