Author Topic: This Season's New Anime thread  (Read 92531 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Re: This Season's New Anime thread
« Reply #390 on: December 25, 2010, 10:59:06 AM »
So... in the end, Keima finally entered Gensokyo.

his Gensokyo...

You will be remembered (Itill next season), Lord of Games.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #391 on: December 25, 2010, 05:27:11 PM »
Farewell, SoreMachi. What a great send-off. Actually made me tear up a little.
Oh wow that was quite an unexpected turn of events.

:qq:

Seventh Holy Scripture

• Err... d'ya need somethin' from me?
« Reply #392 on: December 25, 2010, 10:42:47 PM »
mirukixi ho-muzu da

worth the wait
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 10:34:53 AM by 明智小七 »

« Reply #393 on: December 27, 2010, 05:24:22 PM »
Oh it looks like Otonashi is indeed
Spoiler:
stuck in the school while everyone else has departed

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #394 on: December 27, 2010, 05:57:17 PM »
but hey, the latest one episode special with the TENSION METER is fucking awesome tho. Angel Beats that is.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #395 on: December 27, 2010, 06:24:27 PM »
but hey, the latest one episode special with the TENSION METER is fucking awesome tho. Angel Beats that is.
I was talking about episode 13.5

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #396 on: December 29, 2010, 02:18:48 PM »
I was talking about episode 13.5

we do not talk about that episode.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #397 on: December 31, 2010, 01:04:50 PM »
Welp, that's it for Arakawa, whose final episode had more endings that Return of the King, it seemed. I don't know about you guys, but it didn't seem as though the writers really tried very hard with this episode. Nor did they bother touching on what brought Ko under the bridge in the first place. But I guess that's to be expected, considering what this season of Arakawa's been like. The guy from Cart Driver put it best:
There?s an anime series air?ing right now called Arakawa Under the Bridge X Bridge. It?s a pretty amus?ing story about a bunch of mis?fits liv?ing under a bridge. It?s worth a pop if you want some laughs and like absurd?est humour. Some people seem to think it?s a sequel to Arakawa Under the Bridge, and I can cer?tainly under?stand where the con?fu?sion lies. They have sim?ilar names and sim?ilar char?ac?ters, with pretty much the same premise. How?ever Bridge X Bridge isn?t related. I guess it drew inspir?a?tion from the former and likes to think of itself as a sort of altern?ate uni?verse ver?sion of Arakawa under the Bridge, but it?s not a sequel.

If it was a sequel (and it?s not) it would be an exer?cise in slowly unrav?el?ling everything that was good about the first sea?son. This may be hard to under?stand from the cas?ual fan, but for someone who got so absorbed by the nar?rat?ive in Arakawa Under the Bridge, tak?ing this as a sequel would be hor?rible. The points are so little that men?tion?ing them almost feels silly. Little things, like Whitey?s wife being under?stand?ing of his pre?dic?a?ment, care?fully peel?ing away the idea that people were escap?ing to the soci?ety under the bridge, which is what the first sea?son spent so much time care?fully con?struct?ing. These points build up and up, tear?ing away everything I loved about the first sea?son, leav?ing a mess of a com?edy with no under?ly?ing struc?ture bey?ond it?s absurd?est baseline.

That is, if it was a sequel. Which it?s not. Just so we?re all on the same page here.

On the plus side, the spring season for anime looks promising, but that's a whole other story.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #398 on: December 31, 2010, 03:07:25 PM »
The guys just need to get back to doing the Jesus X Buddha joke comics, seriously Saint Young Men need to be made into an anime and Arakawa despite needing a season 3, could be stalled for the time being. It was a really nice ending tho.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #399 on: December 31, 2010, 07:51:04 PM »
Ah, the final episode of Kuragehime. As always, what a pleasure. Combined humor, sentiment and a great big question mark (which I really hope means a second season).

That leaves Bakuman for me, which has what, 12 more episodes? For me this fall, my favorites have been, in order of preference:

1. Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

2. Ika Musume

3. Kuragehime

4. Bakuman

5. Arakawa Under the Bridge

I'm glad Bakuman will be there to tide me over through the dismal winter season (and of course I need to finish Bakemonogatari) but man, am I sad to see those top three end. That was some really excellent work. But as in life, new seasons of anime bring on new pleasures to explore.

SPRING SEASON EDIT: Not making a thread on the spring season yet, as none of the release dates have been announced and the winter season hasn't even started yet, but I was checking out the chart for this spring and something jumped out at me. Namely, a show called Electromagnetic Wave Woman and Adolescent Man.

The title just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? Well, it's coming from SHAFT, and is being directed by Akiyuki Shinbo, the same guy behind Arakawa, Sore Machi, and Pani Poni Dash. That means that it's going to be awesome by default.

There are other shows this spring that also look intriguing. Might even give Fall 2010 a run for its money.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 08:01:56 PM by Amaterasu »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #400 on: December 31, 2010, 08:17:22 PM »
Namely, a show called Electromagnetic Wave Woman and Adolescent Man.

The title just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? Well, it's coming from SHAFT, and is being directed by Akiyuki Shinbo, the same guy behind Arakawa, Sore Machi, and Pani Poni Dash. That means that it's going to be awesome by default.
How did this escape my Shinbo-radar?  D=

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #401 on: December 31, 2010, 11:59:52 PM »
Electromagnetic Wave Woman and Adolescent Man.

this just sounds as bad as it would and can be.
though I cannot fathom what exactly superpowers does Adolescent Man wield... is he a man baby hybird that shits his pants every single moment?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #402 on: January 01, 2011, 03:28:15 PM »
As of yesterday, I finished all of my Fall stuff.

Now to wait for the sixth~

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #403 on: January 01, 2011, 09:16:09 PM »
Oh hey Mirai Nikki got a mini OVA a few weeks back. Fix Yuno's voice and make a full series please.