Author Topic: Do you dance?  (Read 13199 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Do you dance?
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:34:32 PM »
Do you? Would you? Show me your moves?

Over the last 2 years I found myself being the central person of cosplay events that are responsible for making dance happen, making other things happen as well but one thing for sure I grown to love dancing as entertainment and sport. - in between I have witnessed Bad Apple! coming together (and actually vaguely resemble Bad Apple! for that matter and the utter breakdown of Senbonzakura)

Now I am not a very good dancer but I sure as hell love dubstep and I love This man doing dubstep so much if I could do it half as good as he is I will die satisfied (somewhat)

Do you dance?
Do you like to dance when no one is watching?
Do you follow choreography?
Do you randomly show your moves?
Would you dare say you are good/not bad/awesome as a dancer?
Would you show it to MOTK?
Would you wanna try?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:36:18 PM by ♛ 飛沫 Shibuki fangirl »
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
Re: Do you dance?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 07:02:58 PM »
Do you dance?
Would you wanna try?

Yeah. I'm a bboy if that means anything to you (breakdancing, but we never call it that). Been doing it for almost 2 years. I'm ok at it

Dance while no one is watching? All the time when im at the bus stop and no ones around
Im not much of a choreo person. like i tried learning bad apple. I have the first fifty seconds down, but i gave up after that. I can learn but i prefer to just freestyle. I randomly add dance steps in my walking once in a while
Im alright but im pretty rusty atm. Give me a week and ill post something

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 09:44:20 PM »
Ahaha, wow, I am into doing it when no one is watching, but I also don't mind, people over here are just somewhat weird like that I guess, I suppose other countries people tend to stare.
I really like breakdancing as well, but I gotta admit I am over my bboy phase, I don't really like breakdancing as a whole anymore, I feel dubstep is more freestyle than the rest. I hate choreography myself, not very much into the whole lets follow these steps someone before us made, I feel if you like the song, you should interpret it.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 10:05:54 PM »

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 12:33:45 AM »
Do you dance?
Would you wanna try?
Yes
Yes
Partly/Make up own moves or copy someone else's
Only at parties or if someone asks me to, no I don't do showdowns
Good...or atleast average imo
Hell naw
I would if I could; I srzly don't know what to think if I posted a video of myself on youtube and if it get leaks(atleast to my friends and random people I may have met), my social life is done for.

Though like Su, I'm posting my "supposed" dance moves. Just think of it as me, instead of Mystia.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 12:37:19 AM »

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 01:07:19 AM »
Do you dance?
Would you wanna try?

Yeah I do dance and I honestly don't really mind if people see me because I very rarely do so when I'm around people I don't know.(At cons is when strangers see me, but I'm in costume so I don't really care)

I have to follow a choreography because my freestyles are pretty darn bad :/ but I do freestyle whenever a solo comes up.

I do occasionally show my moves when someone makes a reference to a song just to get a reaction :P

I wouldn't call myself good to say the least  :V But I did learn Spring Shower and I'm pretty proud of it :D

I wouldn't exactly mind showing MoTK, but like En, the only thing really stopping me from doing so is if the video gets leaked. Me dancing has already been leaked to the Internet , but the genius holding the camera couldn't keep me in frame if a fortune was riding on it; so I got away with murder and I was able to get the video taken down pretty quick. It's still not a chance I want to take too many times.
I finally got ahead!

gammaraptor

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 02:03:12 AM »
Ahaha, wow, I am into doing it when no one is watching, but I also don't mind, people over here are just somewhat weird like that I guess, I suppose other countries people tend to stare.
I really like breakdancing as well, but I gotta admit I am over my bboy phase, I don't really like breakdancing as a whole anymore, I feel dubstep is more freestyle than the rest. I hate choreography myself, not very much into the whole lets follow these steps someone before us made, I feel if you like the song, you should interpret it.

To be honest I've gotten lazy over the last year. I used to be pretty into it the year before, but I've kinda just gotten too frusterated over not being able to do any power except for swipes if those count. No windmills even after several months =[.
Dubstep looks fun, and I've tried it before. But I"m not clean

Chilled Muffins

• The Politest
  • Beyond Polite
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 03:37:20 AM »
I like to dance if I become excited enough.
I do prefer it to be when no one's watching, though.
I don't follow any sort of choreography... it's more like disorganized flailing about.
I don't... no. No showing of my moves is to be had.
I would dare to say that I am absolutely terrible not trash, as a dancer.
I would show it to MOTK if I actually... owned a camera of any sort.

It's time to make a name for yourself, they said.
So, I did.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 09:32:39 AM »
LOL why does everyone like CPMC, it is so dull...
well, the song is annoying as well, but really it is a dull dance.
we did it this recent event and I feel so unmotivated I didn't even bother staying and went ahead with packing up stuff and moving them back to the store rooms.
To be honest I've gotten lazy over the last year. I used to be pretty into it the year before, but I've kinda just gotten too frusterated over not being able to do any power except for swipes if those count. No windmills even after several months =[.
Dubstep looks fun, and I've tried it before. But I"m not clean
But breakdacing does require significant upper body strength, so I guess it is really better if you are slim and able to move more fluidly, dubstep is about control every move, the smaller the movement, the more pro. cue them Cyrus Spencer videos, whoah.

as for the videos bit, people you all should know Youtube is like NOT the only video hosting site, you can save it in a zip, upload to megaupload or rapidshare or whatever, and just name it dance 1, chances of anyone finding it: NIL.
I'd suggest an idea where we can like upload them videos and host some kinda competition over here, and see who can move best.
(although I think within experience - Gammaraptor has it down) But all for fun, you know, showdown of the asswiggle championships.

If indeed you CAN'T dance, you can Gangnam Style.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 10:57:29 AM »
Umm, sup?

I spit on my screen
You owe me a new screen

And I realized I owe Amra tea from that last time-
-

Anyway sure why not let's dance, AF-kun. Cough that is when you come over-
I can do BREEZE, Happy Synthesizer and Bad Apple. If you remember I told you this from last year-
Oh and with the new Dance Evolution arcade machine in Singapore, I'll be learning new dances soooooon. After my exams.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:18:37 AM by [Y]Alice Margatroid[J] »

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 01:59:28 PM »
we did it this recent event and I feel so unmotivated I didn't even bother staying and went ahead with packing up stuff and moving them back to the store rooms. But breakdacing does require significant upper body strength, so I guess it is really better if you are slim and able to move more fluidly, dubstep is about control every move, the smaller the movement, the more pro. cue them Cyrus Spencer videos, whoah.

as for the videos bit, people you all should know Youtube is like NOT the only video hosting site, you can save it in a zip, upload to megaupload or rapidshare or whatever, and just name it dance 1, chances of anyone finding it: NIL.
I'd suggest an idea where we can like upload them videos and host some kinda competition over here, and see who can move best.
(although I think within experience - Gammaraptor has it down) But all for fun, you know, showdown of the asswiggle championships.

I do a bit, thanks to some hip hop songs of LMFAO, Usher, and others

But this is what I'm mostly into, or dances like from Poreotics. Mostly I'm into popping, locking, etc.
Caught my eye during highschool, especially ones like this.
RobotDrengene Denmark Talent 2008
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:10:23 PM by En »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 03:19:06 PM »

This made me feel warm and fuzzy.

On topic, not really. On the very rare occasion I am danceing a danger to everyone around me. Which is why no-one is ever around me when I do.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 04:14:35 PM »
I spit on my screen
You owe me a new screen

And I realized I owe Amra tea from that last time-
-

Anyway sure why not let's dance, AF-kun. Cough that is when you come over-
I can do BREEZE, Happy Synthesizer and Bad Apple. If you remember I told you this from last year-
Oh and with the new Dance Evolution arcade machine in Singapore, I'll be learning new dances soooooon. After my exams.

But I don't do those anymore. in fact I gotten terrible rusty since I freestyle dubstep.
I do a bit, thanks to some hip hop songs of LMFAO, Usher, and others

But this is what I'm mostly into, or dances like from Poreotics. Mostly I'm into popping, locking, etc.
Caught my eye during highschool, especially ones like this.
RobotDrengene Denmark Talent 2008

Sweet mother of, that is pretty damn cool.

This made me feel warm and fuzzy.

On topic, not really. On the very rare occasion I am danceing a danger to everyone around me. Which is why no-one is ever around me when I do.
Do you hold a pocket knife and hold your imaginary partner's hand while BAD plays in the background and you hop side to side?

And erm, that idea? I am just saying, personally I have no good camera so... but I can try I guess. I just need loads more practice.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 08:11:26 PM »

yo chek out ma fress moovs u cant stepp 2 dis

e: I used to be really self-conscious about it, and then I discovered alcohol. Now I find it a lot of fun. Given the setting, I wouldn't be filming it, so I don't think it'd even be logistically possible to watch me dance, let alone enjoyable.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:43:37 PM by Yuki Mori »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 12:21:44 AM »
I sorta lock on and off. It's just something I learned that felt natural to dance with considering most of the music I listen to.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

gammaraptor

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 01:45:27 AM »
we did it this recent event and I feel so unmotivated I didn't even bother staying and went ahead with packing up stuff and moving them back to the store rooms. But breakdacing does require significant upper body strength, so I guess it is really better if you are slim and able to move more fluidly, dubstep is about control every move, the smaller the movement, the more pro. cue them Cyrus Spencer videos, whoah.

For me, it all started three years ago when I figured out that you shouldn't be afraid of what others think of you when you dance. This was at my junior high grad dance. Previously I had been pretty depressed over things, but I decided to let go of stuff and just have a good time. And although I probably looked like crap, I had a lot of fun.

Rule 1, have fun.
Rule 2, haters be hatin'. Don't fear.

Shortly around 6 months later, I got introduced to touhou. It wasn't long before I stumbled upon bad apple and the dance. I honestly thought that dance was the best thing ever. I managed to teach myself thr first 50 seconds. During another dance, I found that I could really use these new moves I learned and make them flow with the music. And hence I learned how to freestyle.  (Horribly).

Specifically for freestyle of any sort, I think its important to firstly practice out a choreo so you have a basic set of moves you can use. After that its about learning how music flows so you can move with music  starting with the beat is usually good, but each song has some unique segments you may want to highlight. Going through a few songs you know is a good start before you can basically predict the patterns realtime at dances where you have no idea what's playing next.

A few months after, I joined my schools Hip Hop club, not knowing what to expect. I thought itd be mainly choreo, but turns out they have a group of bboys. Yeah so i started out with the basics, and I got down baby freeze, and a crap handglide  since I was really weak within a month. Afterwards I learned floorwork, specifically 6-step and 3-step. After a while though, I got bored and started making my own stuff up. After this I started attempting windmills (its a move where you kick into a spin on your back and do it repeatedly). I still, 2 years later cannot do them. I hurt my back all the time because I landed bad.

Several things about learning bboy stuff you should always keep in mind

1. Start out with the basics, and unless you have a teacher that k ows what they're doing, avoid power. Learn basic freezes, floorwork, and toprock. Then figure out some transitions between these areas and you have yourself a basic set.

2. Always practice when you can. With bboy, you have to practice as often as you can to get better, stronger, and retain muscle memory.  And of course you need the time to learn new things. 4 hours a week was the minimum for me, I remember some point though when I was practicing every day. But when  I stop for two weeks, I suck and I get rusty. Also, try getting a mirror. Seeing yourself is important.

3. Don't push yourself too hard. You will hurt yourself anyways, but you can seriously injure your back, neck, and wrist if you're not careful. So always know your limits. When you're too tired, just stop. Your stamina will get better overtime.

4. Find other people do practice with. Seriously, its easy to just do everything over YouTube, but learning with others is fun, and you learn tons. Also, it gives you the courage to perform. At first you will be scared of screwing up. And you will. But you know what, having fun is the most important thing. So horray for peer pressure

5. Don't be fixed to what people teach you. Experiment with modifying the basics and develop your own style. Like within bboys there's usually either powerheads, who usually do a lot of power (spinning moves, and stuff). Or the people who rely on style. I'd find myself to be the latter. Either way though, never settle for where you are and always keep developing your current stuff.

6. Get a feel for the music. Again, it all starts with hitting the rhythm.  But after a while, you might want to try doing things with the melody and other parts of the song. Bboy may sometimes feel like gymnastics,  but that's like what a poem Is compared to a song.

7. Be inspired. Be passionate. Search up videos of bboys on youtube. Particularly,  go look at hong 10 vs pockets to see them fight it out haha. If you're passionate about your dance, it will show.

Yeah. As for choreo, its simply not my thing. I've learned several parts of various kpop dances, but I find I don't like following fixed things. I won't mind learning touhou choreo for a con or something though.

That's basically what I feel about dance. :3. If you guys want to learn well now you have a place to start.

Eiburine

• Ferrero Rocher Lover
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 05:34:08 AM »
I'm gonna dance No Life Queen in my Flandre cosplay sometime and upload it to Youtube. I'll do it when I fix my wings so that they don't break and/or fly from my wing harness!
Because they do that a lot... :D
If I get a friend of mine to cosplay another Touhou we could do Bad Apple or something.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 07:01:15 PM »
That was a godly post about basics of dancing Gammaraptor, I really appreciate it, but likewise, it is always a good idea to follow those guidelines with every dance, for me, dubstep was just a method to utilize... my strangely rigid limbs, I dunno, for me it was a fluke since I saw a dubstep video once I realized I could somewhat do these things. I have rigid limbs to begin with and I find myself able to follow through. The other is that I literally have no stamina or explosive strength, kicking and spinning is just out of the picture for me. With Bad Apple for example, I tire out quite easily during midsection when you are doing the first 50 seconds of the choreo on repeat, and then straight after the double jump (slide?) go to clock hands and spin. So yeah, maybe I should just take up cha-cha..

gammaraptor

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 12:07:18 AM »
That was a godly post about basics of dancing Gammaraptor, I really appreciate it, but likewise, it is always a good idea to follow those guidelines with every dance, for me, dubstep was just a method to utilize... my strangely rigid limbs, I dunno, for me it was a fluke since I saw a dubstep video once I realized I could somewhat do these things. I have rigid limbs to begin with and I find myself able to follow through. The other is that I literally have no stamina or explosive strength, kicking and spinning is just out of the picture for me. With Bad Apple for example, I tire out quite easily during midsection when you are doing the first 50 seconds of the choreo on repeat, and then straight after the double jump (slide?) go to clock hands and spin. So yeah, maybe I should just take up cha-cha..

Eh, to be honest I'm way too tall to be good at bboy. It makes it so much more difficult, like bboy pockets has some of the best airflare's in the world, look at his height lol. I'm trying to perfect popping so that I can do other stuff.

But yeah, some people are better at some things, some people are naturally talented, some not at all. But you'll never know until you try, and you never know, you might have fun even if you're not too good. Doesn't matter though, as long as you have fun it's all good

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 04:50:27 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGub6Ni8w48 ahaha this shit is just wicked sick.

gammaraptor

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 12:16:01 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGub6Ni8w48 ahaha this shit is just wicked sick.

Speaking of Videos we're going to have to do an audition for our school's talent show so I guess I'm freestyle bboying lol, I'll try to get a hold of the video.

gammaraptor

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 05:04:09 AM »
I'm kind of mad because the organizers of the talent show cut the time so I didn't get my freestyle part :(

Oh well here it is:

http://youtu.be/x8fYS7senuY?t=2m20s

I'm the tall asian guy at the far left in the front. You can watch the rest but I'm not in it because I didn't want to do choreo haha

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 08:45:48 PM »
No, I've never been the dancing type. I've tried on multiple occasions, and ended up looking like a trainwreck. Good thing there are no videos of it!

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 09:44:43 PM »
Do you dance?
Would you wanna try?

In order:

In high school there was the option between gymnastics (read: trampoline jumps) and dancing. Since I was afraid of heights... yeah. I actually kinda liked it (even if I was the only guy!) and even now I sometimes like to dance when I'm all alone and some good music is on. Also, for a play at teacher school, we threw in a random Thriller dance, which we performed completely!

So that's a yes to that one, too.

I've uh, tried to dance a few dances with choreography, but my room isn't very large. We did the Thriller dance to the official choreography, so there's that. I've been kinda wanting to learn choreographed dances.

I don't randomly "show my moves".

I'm... probably not that good, haha!

Probably not.

Try what?

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 01:17:17 AM »
D

D

R

master over here.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 02:00:38 AM »
D

D

R

master over here.
Pretty much this...minus the master part.  I've technically posted videos of myself that I could show, but you can't see me since I was mostly recording whatever TV I was using.  (Never recorded arcade play)  Barely worth looking at anyway, so eh.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 06:06:04 PM »
I'm kind of mad because the organizers of the talent show cut the time so I didn't get my freestyle part :(

Oh well here it is:

http://youtu.be/x8fYS7senuY?t=2m20s

I'm the tall asian guy at the far left in the front. You can watch the rest but I'm not in it because I didn't want to do choreo haha
Holy crap was I late, that is awesome mang.

If I could do what you do I wuld post vids of myself too but yeah I suck le hard.
In order:

In high school there was the option between gymnastics (read: trampoline jumps) and dancing. Since I was afraid of heights... yeah. I actually kinda liked it (even if I was the only guy!) and even now I sometimes like to dance when I'm all alone and some good music is on. Also, for a play at teacher school, we threw in a random Thriller dance, which we performed completely!

So that's a yes to that one, too.

Try what?
Eh Thriller is quite hard, in some ways, I suppose easy too, depending on where you need to coordinate with the rest of the zombies.
(same reason why I don't like group sports, too difficult to find someone you know to be good enough)

Try dancing something I guess, I reserve that question if you answered no to all the above would you consider trying dancing?

something like that.

Admittedly I have no qualms about doing it where and when, I guess it is just about not disturbing people around me.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 05:38:08 AM »
You're probably right. Been playing for more than 10 years, still can't pass Max 300 Heavy/Expert, although that's more of a stamina issue.