Author Topic: Reimu Quest  (Read 67264 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Reimu Quest
« Reply #450 on: August 20, 2013, 01:07:56 PM »
>Do we know what this other large building is?

>Why isn't the Moriya shrine doing anything? They're in charge of the reactor, aren't they?

>Head back into the palace and go upstairs. Follow the stench of alcohol.

> No.  There are a lot of things you know about the underground, but the geography of the Ancient City is not one of them.
> A lot of things go through your mind before you retreat into the Palace: namely, where are the people from Moriya?  You can't believe you haven't seen them yet.
> Upstairs you are assaulted with the smell of a lot of animals gathered in one place, and a peak through one of the doors reveals a room full of cats.  They must be here to escape the water below, despite the fact that it hasn't even gotten into the house yet...
> It's either hilarious or sad that you really do end up smelling alcohol before you run into the oni herself: when you encounter Suika, she's in the dovecote throwing birdseed around with one hand and holding a rabbit with the other.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #451 on: August 20, 2013, 05:11:40 PM »
I think the oni are more interested in partying down til the end, either way. A mere total flood wouldn't stop them, they'll just invent sippy cups.

>"There you are! What's the situation here, besides the obvious?"

Edit: One wonders if Suika can gather up an inconvenient flood?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #452 on: August 20, 2013, 05:34:07 PM »
>"There you are! What's the situation here, besides the obvious?"

> Suika whips around to face you, accidentally throwing a handful of bird feed at you in the process.
> "Whoops.  Well, Satori wanted her pets out of the way.  I'm almost done feeding them."
> She shows you the rabbit.  Its eyes are full of fear.  "This rabbit belongs to Koishi-chan.  Her pets are up here, too.  She's gone incognito and hasn't been looking after them."
> "...Buuut, that seems kind of an irrelevant thing to ask about.  How're things up top?"

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #453 on: August 20, 2013, 06:01:51 PM »
>"The village is a lake. Akyu's house is probably a loss. Good number of missing people, and I found Seiga's pet corpse stuck in a tree. There's a bunch of weird new fish, too. Do the other devas have things in line the city?"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #454 on: August 20, 2013, 06:31:14 PM »
>Idea I'm pondering the viability of - find an open clearing in the underground, and have Suika smash a hole in it to drain the water. If nothing else it'll buy us some time.

>Is Koishi going incognito a common instance?

>"You know the city, right? What's that other big building everyone's gathering around?"

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #455 on: August 20, 2013, 08:35:08 PM »
In order to stop the drainage, we need to plug up all the holes. In order for people to get in and out, we'll need to build a well-like structure.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #456 on: August 20, 2013, 09:18:06 PM »
>"The village is a lake. Akyu's house is probably a loss. Good number of missing people, and I found Seiga's pet corpse stuck in a tree. There's a bunch of weird new fish, too. Do the other devas have things in line the city?"

> "Akyuu won't be happy to hear that," Suika says.  "We got new fish down here, too.  Mostly by the bridge.  I know it looks bad and it is, but it's a controlled chaos."

>Idea I'm pondering the viability of - find an open clearing in the underground, and have Suika smash a hole in it to drain the water. If nothing else it'll buy us some time.

>Is Koishi going incognito a common instance?

>"You know the city, right? What's that other big building everyone's gathering around?"

> You start considering ways to keep the underground from flooding, and the first thing you think of is a giant drain.
> Yes.  She hardly shows herself around you in the first place.
> "Oh, that's the hospital.  Pretty much every tsuchigumo in the Former Hell is there right now," Suika explains.  "Hey, d'you think these new fish are edible?"

> _

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #457 on: August 20, 2013, 09:38:28 PM »
>"What kind of fish isn't edible?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #458 on: August 20, 2013, 09:41:32 PM »
>"What kind of fish isn't edible?"

> Suika grins.  "Poisonous ones, duh."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #459 on: August 20, 2013, 09:59:19 PM »
>"So, no one down here has any idea why it's flooded, right? Anything suspicious been going on?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #460 on: August 20, 2013, 10:02:08 PM »
>"So, no one down here has any idea why it's flooded, right? Anything suspicious been going on?"

> Suika shakes her head.  "Nope.  What clues do we have right now?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #461 on: August 20, 2013, 10:42:36 PM »
>"About the same when we left, really. Oh, any of those glowy things we found in the pond around here?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #462 on: August 20, 2013, 10:55:06 PM »
>"About the same when we left, really. Oh, any of those glowy things we found in the pond around here?"

> "Mmgh..."  Suika looks a little frustrated, and lightly smacks her face with both hands a few times to regain her composure.  "I haven't seen any more.  Did you find anything out about them?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #463 on: August 20, 2013, 11:18:21 PM »
>"Some kind of shell fragment, Rinnosuke said. I think they're used for sealing things?"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #464 on: August 20, 2013, 11:36:20 PM »
>"Why are all the tsuchigumo in hospital? When I came down here, their tunnels were pretty much water-free."

>"Oh, by the way, we need your help blocking off the emergency escape on the reactor. Satori figures that at least stopping some of the water will help out."

-----

On a separate note, I think it's time to make a CLUE-STYLE ACCUSATION at the Moriya Shrine:

-Sanae has mysteriously fallen off the radar.
-No sign of them backing up their own interests in the underground, which is logically the FIRST thing they'd worry about if the rains had caught them by surprise.
-Their shrine and followers were more or less entirely unharmed by the rains - in fact the kappa are even celebrating the aftermath. Meanwhile the Myouren temple is busy picking up most of their followers and stuffing them in graves, so they have the most to gain politically.
-Also, the underground got totally screwed over, and the youkai of the mountain (the kappa and tengu) are terrified of the oni that live in the underground. 2 + 2 = ???
-Kanako is one of the few people in Gensokyo with the means, method and opportunity to create the rains. Keep in mind this storm happened after days of rainy weather that never came through - that might have been her charging up for a deliberate downpour like this.

Obviously we don't have any sort of solid evidence, but there's a lot of circumstantial stuff that points plenty of fingers in their direction. Might be an idea to check them out once the situation underground is a little more stable.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #465 on: August 20, 2013, 11:46:55 PM »
>"Some kind of shell fragment, Rinnosuke said. I think they're used for sealing things?"

> "...Huh."  Suika looks perplexed.  "Sealing things, huh...I--I mean, we know some people who know about that kinda stuff, don't we?"

> _
>"Why are all the tsuchigumo in hospital? When I came down here, their tunnels were pretty much water-free."

>"Oh, by the way, we need your help blocking off the emergency escape on the reactor. Satori figures that at least stopping some of the water will help out."

> "Tsuchigumo are really good construction workers," Suika says with a tinge of pride.
> Suika perks up at the mention of the reactor.  "Nice.  I haven't done much heavy lifting yet, just this--"
> She looks down at her hands, which are mysteriously empty.  "...rabbit?"

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #466 on: August 20, 2013, 11:55:50 PM »
>"If you mean Yukari, she seems to have decided now is a good time to take a nap-"

>"OH DAMMIT, SUIKA, YOU HAD ONE JOB."

>The rabbit. Where'd it go?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #467 on: August 21, 2013, 12:05:05 AM »
On a separate note, I think it's time to make a CLUE-STYLE ACCUSATION at the Moriya Shrine:

-Sanae has mysteriously fallen off the radar.
-No sign of them backing up their own interests in the underground, which is logically the FIRST thing they'd worry about if the rains had caught them by surprise.
-Their shrine and followers were more or less entirely unharmed by the rains - in fact the kappa are even celebrating the aftermath. Meanwhile the Myouren temple is busy picking up most of their followers and stuffing them in graves, so they have the most to gain politically.
-Also, the underground got totally screwed over, and the youkai of the mountain (the kappa and tengu) are terrified of the oni that live in the underground. 2 + 2 = ???
-Kanako is one of the few people in Gensokyo with the means, method and opportunity to create the rains. Keep in mind this storm happened after days of rainy weather that never came through - that might have been her charging up for a deliberate downpour like this.

Obviously we don't have any sort of solid evidence, but there's a lot of circumstantial stuff that points plenty of fingers in their direction. Might be an idea to check them out once the situation underground is a little more stable.

Yeah, the only problem with this is that you assume the end results are in line with the intentions behind causing the incident. Although ... this is something Reimu would assume as well.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #468 on: August 21, 2013, 12:10:04 AM »
>"If you mean Yukari, she seems to have decided now is a good time to take a nap-"

>"OH DAMMIT, SUIKA, YOU HAD ONE JOB."

>The rabbit. Where'd it go?

> "Not just Yukari, I mean--"
> Suika looks at you, then at her hands in utter bewilderment.
> "Hell if I know where it disappeared to all of the sudden!"
> The rabbit is nowhere in sight.  There's only one door leading in and out of the dovecote.  You hear footsteps moving rapidly away from it.

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #469 on: August 21, 2013, 12:11:32 AM »
Yeah, the only problem with this is that you assume the end results are in line with the intentions behind causing the incident. Although ... this is something Reimu would assume as well.
common sense works in gensokyo right

>Chase the bunny before it leads a rabbit-rebellion that will bring this palace to its knees.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #470 on: August 21, 2013, 12:14:14 AM »
I can see going gangbusters on Kanako.

>Do we hang around here enough to know what different people's footsteps sound like? If so, can we ID those?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #471 on: August 21, 2013, 12:26:13 AM »
>Chase the bunny before it leads a rabbit-rebellion that will bring this palace to its knees.

> You and Suika burst out of the dovecote and down the hall in pursuit of the rabbit.  You have enough problems already!

>Do we hang around here enough to know what different people's footsteps sound like? If so, can we ID those?

> Not really.  There are residents like Satori, who leave very soft footsteps or none at all, and then there's the loud stomping of Okuu when she's wearing her concrete shoe, but no one else has distinctive enough footsteps for you to recognize them from a distance.
> These footsteps in particular make a taptaptaptaptap noise and sound close together.

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #472 on: August 21, 2013, 12:27:22 AM »
> Follow that pigeon those footsteps!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #473 on: August 21, 2013, 12:35:37 AM »
> Follow that pigeon those footsteps!

> You keep running.  Suika, true to her oni nature, takes great leaps and bounds and reaches the first corner before you can.  She does a somersault across the checkered floor and lands in a playful fighting stance.
> "It's about time you--huh?"  As you catch up, you see her blinking in confusion at an empty hallway in front of her.  Yet the footsteps persist.  Triumphant giggling echoes off the walls, followed by a sneeze.

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #474 on: August 21, 2013, 12:39:26 AM »
>"Koishi, I know you're out there somewhere."

>Ponder whether the young satori may have allergies.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #475 on: August 21, 2013, 12:47:25 AM »
>"Koishi, I know you're out there somewhere."

>Ponder whether the young satori may have allergies.

> You hear a screeching sound as the footsteps skid to a halt, but the giggling continues for a little longer.
> That would certainly be a problem, if this one had allergies.  Satori keeps mostly furred pets.
> "Well I guess this makes us the 'oni'."  Suika smirks.  "I'm kinda busy right now, so I'm gonna skip counting to 10 and find you right away."
> And then she starts to dissolve into fine mist.  "Reimu, get ready to grab her, ok?"

> _

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #476 on: August 21, 2013, 12:51:36 AM »
Koishi has the power to cloud men's minds to walk unseen, and the ability to see what evil lurks in their hearts.

« Reply #477 on: August 21, 2013, 01:12:43 AM »
Koishi has the power to cloud men's minds to walk unseen, and the ability to see what evil lurks in their hearts.
But does she know why kids love cinnamon toast crunch!?

> Quickly retrieve girlfriend's sister from thin air.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #478 on: August 21, 2013, 01:14:24 AM »
> Quickly retrieve girlfriend's sister from thin air.

> You'd like to do that, but Suika hasn't revealed her yet.  She's currently in mist form, spreading herself thin over the entire hallway.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #479 on: August 21, 2013, 01:15:57 AM »
>Keep wary for bunnies and/or bunny thieves.