Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 256831 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #660 on: January 20, 2020, 06:05:28 AM »
Hello, can someone help help me with plus disk? For some reason the text always got cut off if it's a long one, both in and out of dialogue

« Reply #661 on: January 20, 2020, 01:26:46 PM »
Hello, can someone help help me with plus disk? For some reason the text always got cut off if it's a long one, both in and out of dialogue

Are you running in Japanese locale? I can't remember for certain but that might have been the issue. Either that or a missing font.

Also, as a heads up, even if you fix it there will still be some text flowing off screen, since the English patch isn't well polished. Everything in your screenshot is fixable, though.

Nice! I wonder if 3peso will utilize the possibility of bringing it to Steam. I'm sure it would sell impressively.

From reading his twitter, he's planning on releasing LoT2 on steam. This will include a Chinese translation and (I think) a "high resolution version". I haven't seen any mention of an official English release, but I'm optimistic on the grounds that if you go through the effort to translate to one different language, you might as well add on another.

« Reply #662 on: January 20, 2020, 01:41:14 PM »
Are you running in Japanese locale? I can't remember for certain but that might have been the issue. Either that or a missing font.

Also, as a heads up, even if you fix it there will still be some text flowing off screen, since the English patch isn't well polished. Everything in your screenshot is fixable, though.

Yes, I did, the weird thing is even the text from the Japanese version also got cut off

« Reply #663 on: January 20, 2020, 08:12:04 PM »
What worked for me was changing the locale for non-unicode to Japanese, that dropdown in the picture. But perhaps that' s what you tried already. Now strangely when I put it back to English after I had it in Japanese for a year it stays neatly lined up, so I'm not sure anymore. Keep in mind that if it is set to Japanese, you may see slashes in folder path displays replaced with Yen signs sometimes.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:13:37 PM by Golbez »

« Reply #664 on: January 20, 2020, 08:44:56 PM »
What worked for me was changing the locale for non-unicode to Japanese, that dropdown in the picture. But perhaps that' s what you tried already. Now strangely when I put it back to English after I had it in Japanese for a year it stays neatly lined up, so I'm not sure anymore. Keep in mind that if it is set to Japanese, you may see slashes in folder path displays replaced with Yen signs sometimes.

Thank you, however, I tried your method and sadly, it doesn't seem to work...
It's weird because last time I played this game, I didn't have a problem like this at all

« Reply #665 on: January 21, 2020, 06:54:58 AM »
Oh nice, he posted more stuff.

Good to finally see ACC on the stat page. Also I guess LoT3 will have MP cost overhaul again with Reimu having 80 MP at that level. That or it's just for testing purpose.

« Reply #666 on: January 21, 2020, 07:28:36 PM »
Reimu's TP went down from 16 to 12...and that SPD stat looks like there might have been an overhaul in how SPD scales, it's way too high relative to Labyrinth of Touhou 2. Could also be for testing purposes though. It's hard to tell how much equipment is influencing Reimu's stats, but she does have less ATK at that level than in Labyrinth of Touhou 2.

Also I hope that isn't her base accuracy, less than 100 is kinda eh...probably is though.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 07:31:09 PM by LonelyGaruga »

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #667 on: January 24, 2020, 11:44:31 AM »
From reading his twitter, he's planning on releasing LoT2 on steam. This will include a Chinese translation and (I think) a "high resolution version". I haven't seen any mention of an official English release, but I'm optimistic on the grounds that if you go through the effort to translate to one different language, you might as well add on another.

I wonder if it's DLSite that would handle publishing. They have always included English translations so far. With how much the fandom over there has grown these last few years, it's understandable that Chinese has a high, perhaps even higher demand than English (don't know if anyone has ever made an unofficial Chinese translation patch).
Next to Tenjou no Tempest and Gensou Skydrift, LoT2 is among the few fangames I love so much I would buy a re-release of it. If they go through the effort of packaging that translation, of course.
Would finally get around to learning the story bits of 28F and onward, then...

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #668 on: January 26, 2020, 05:51:46 AM »
Sometime recently he also updated the text on his Twitter name to say "Touhou Labyrinth 3 - In Development". I forget exactly when it happened, but for literally anybody who had the tiniest bit of doubt, there you go.

« Reply #669 on: January 26, 2020, 05:17:04 PM »
So this is going to be a mild tangent here, what with all the Labyrinth 3 talk, but I recently finished routing a speedrun for this game up until the first 20F Murakumo fight, and figured you guys would enjoy hearing about it and watching videos of such a run. If you're unfamiliar with the concept, you start from a New Game and try to beat the game (or in this case, a specific goal) as fast as possible. Because the fun you get from this type of run is finishing the game fast, rather than having long and difficult boss battles, some very cheesy strats are employed, including:

• Wriggle PSN spam
  • Kasen PAR/SHK spam
  • Komachi/Yuyuko DTH w/Reisen's Intense Vertigo
  • Diva Aya
  • Yuuka+Satori spamming Beauty of Nature to increase TRR to absurd levels, then Parsee nukes with Jealously of the Kind and Lovely

The final boss is beaten at Reimu Lv55, so the cheesy strats are pretty much mandatory to ensure there's as little grinding as possible. We also skip many optional characters since they don't offer a significant advantage to any fights that would justify going out of our way to get them. Currently I skip: Kogasa, Kaguya, Mystia, Nazrin, Yuugi, Meiling, Alice, Patchouli, Eirin, Suika, Ran, Flandre, Byakuren, and Eiki. To make sure I stay somewhat decently levelled throughout the game I do small grinding sessions after exploring each floor to get some consecutive battles EXP and money bonus, and that seemed to work fine for most floors. I also get almost every treasure chest to acquire the 256 chests achievement, which gives you 50k money.

Right now the run is very unoptimized, there's unnecessary equipment going to a few characters, there are unnecessary treasure chests being collected, and overall menuing speed can be improved drastically. There's also the random AI factor in boss fights making me carefully think about what I'm supposed to do, rather than just adapt instantly to what happens. This will be developed with time, but what I have now works as a proof of concept. As far as RNG goes, there are some RNG heavy sections, particularly the bosses that require DTH to proc and the entirety of stratum 5's [optional] bosses. Yuuka, Yuyuko and Yukari are no joke.

I have 2 finished runs so far, and they've given me some feedback on what could be improved with my current strategies, so I'll rework some sections to try to save some time. Both runs are under 10 hours in real time, and are very close to a flat 9 hours in game time. The first run is a segmented run, I played 1 or 2 stratums each day and stitched together the segments' times to present it as a full run, clocking in at 9h55 real time and 9h16 game time. The second run is a single segment run, played through the entire thing in one sitting (and lost an entire day in my weekend  :V), clocking in at 9h56 real time and 9h03 game time. There are videos for both of them below if you guys want to watch. The single segment run has my (somewhat poor attempt at) live commentary if you're (not) into that.

Segmented run: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3eHe2wxlYthwfDU034a04rrQhHcN_bQ5
Single segment run: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/541762929?t=00h05m33s

« Reply #670 on: February 03, 2020, 08:20:46 PM »
I've been watching the single segment run off and on, made it past the Remilia + Sakuya fight so far. I get the impression that it might be faster/more consistent to blitz battles with fast setups and return to Gensokyo / repeat instead of trying to aim for consecutive bonuses, mainly in the grind segments where battles are more difficult. Otherwise I don't have any comments about optimizing the run more. This stuff is cool, but not my area of expertise at all, and not something I would personally try to do. Hopefully there are others that would be more helpful toward discussing the run.

--

Another update on Labyrinth of Touhou 3, main equipment page.

Main equipment appears to be personalized as well, along with having an upgrade tree. The equipment shown, something like "Protective Charm", grants a skill "Fire Element Damage Increase Lv 3", along with various stat boosts typical of main equipment. Reimu's affinities are also all changed except for Mystic and Dark, most notably is Physical is now 90 instead of 110. Status resistances also seem to be totally overhauled, Reimu has 100+ for all status effects. Seems Reimu's base MP really is 80 too, so MP appears to have been overhauled after all. One of her sub equipment items is "Life Fragment+10", either that's the actual name of the equipment or there's an upgrade system for sub equipment as well. There's also a +4 added to her Attack stat's name, unclear why that is.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #671 on: February 14, 2020, 02:17:14 AM »
Considering the state of this iteration of the forum and it's impending end, I've archived the first post of this thread and all the links, including reups of all the files that were hosted on this site. Hopefully should work, would appreciate if someone else can check that it's all functioning too.
EDIT: This doc now includes full HTML copies of every thread here.

Also if someone can consolidate the LoT2 Eng patch progress into one handy dandy zip file (maybe with alternate versions available too for Base/Plus) that would be greatly appreciated and I would be happy to add it in. Admittedly it's not a thread that's been easy for me to parse, else I'd do it myself.

I am available to be contacted on Discord at om the nom#3956
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 02:36:17 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #672 on: February 14, 2020, 04:30:24 PM »
Maybe we should make a Discord server for LoT? It'd be nice to still have a place to discuss it.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #673 on: February 14, 2020, 09:33:37 PM »
I would be pretty keen to join that kind of server

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #674 on: February 14, 2020, 10:15:26 PM »
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21609.0.html

Reminder that there is a channel for Labyrinth of Touhou in Karisa's Discord server.

« Reply #675 on: February 16, 2020, 08:35:17 AM »

Doremy addition, specializes in using the 動揺 (Agitated/Upset) status effect and can interfere with special enemy buffs like "Increase the next attack's damage by XX%". 動揺 is exclusive to enemies and has no player equivalent. Tome of Reincarnation are replaced by Tome of Beginnings, the description indicates that using them has the same effect as a full reset, but refunds 100% of the money used on the character. The description makes no mention of the other special items that were used to buff characters, like the stat gems/orbs or Training Manuals, they may not exist. In a separate tweet, 3peso mentioned that it will no longer be possible to strengthen elemental affinities via the library, cutting it down to the basic 6 stats, citing unnecessary stat inflation for the late game as the reason.

There are more mysterious + signs next to character stats.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #676 on: February 16, 2020, 10:41:24 PM »
A Discord server dedicated to LoT would be nice to have, considering there's a new game in the works as well.

Also playable Doremy, nice.