Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F  (Read 256917 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Reply #600 on: April 05, 2019, 08:42:02 PM »
Our resident crazy guy Elminster of the 255 winner kills made an LoT2 damage comparison chart to use! Although you should keep in mind it's scaled for like, lv8000, so it's mostly true at like 30F lv1k+ territory. Gives a decent idea overall though and is really useful for those lategame minmax players. (Maintenance users are vastly more powerful at all the other parts of the game than this, keep in mind)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/136YnIQU9MF1YbDd8CsFxAs4M0WQ4BzA6gHcJKmCFJGY/edit#gid=1752125517

All characters have the same monetary value of library investment, he didn't use any non-global EXP boosters so they levelled equally, they're all maxed on gems/jewels/high boosts/skill levels, etc. Family skills and other conditionals with numbers listed in brackets. There's probably a few more characters that could be colored green (for "conditional but huge damage boost that isn't in the calculation") but overall it's pretty well made and informative. MFW when Renko does more damage than Shikieiki even after maintenance loses almost all value for atk/mag boosting.

It's asking me to request permission to view, you might wanna double check to make sure you're sharing the link that lets people view it but not edit it, instead of the link that lets people edit it.

I don't know if that's actually the problem, but I work with Google Drive all the time and that link looks slightly different at the end than some of my links (mine tend to not have that "gid" thing and instead have "sharing" at the end)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #601 on: April 05, 2019, 09:14:42 PM »
whoops fixed

I didn't even make this sheet or  upload it or anything but I guess google's stuff works really weird.

edit:I updated the sheet with some more moves, updated damage formulas, and a list of the proportionate defense factor for every move (dang, Knockout pierces nearly as much defense as the likes of Kaguya/Iku/Utsuho).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 03:39:37 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #602 on: May 16, 2019, 06:45:59 AM »
Playing LoT1 again and back nearing the end of the Plus Disk floors, but I'm annoyed because for some reason not all the stars are obtained? I've got Game Cleared, 32 Allies Joined, 100 Items Collected, Blood Seals Purified, Enhanced Bosses Clear. I've done every Ver2 boss, including the boss rush and I beat Maribel version 2 also, and redoing Maribel (either version) nor resetting the game seem to fix the problem. At this rate I have to resort to using that 1 frame teleport glitch just to get through the area. Not sure what to do

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm actually blind and missed a Version 2 boss on a lower floor oof.
Consider this post a reminder that LoT1 is great though
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 07:04:06 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

« Reply #603 on: May 20, 2019, 06:29:58 AM »
I've got a favor to ask. Back in 2014ish, I made a Charagraph pack for Laby 1 using the art from Laby 2. I've since lost that pack through multiple computer transitions and wanted to remake it now, but I no longer have the ripped character art *with transparency*. Does anyone have a copy of the transparent art they could share?

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #604 on: May 20, 2019, 06:35:32 AM »
I don't think so. Most of them are from before LoT2 was even released, though I might be wrong. I suppose I could check it out.

EDIT: I found it, from here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5pnxoh24gv504rb/LoT2+CharaGraph+for+LoT1.rar

Also found this from here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/t1v567p5sced1zl/Labyrinth+of+Touhou+Special+Disk+English+Patch+1.1.rar
Does this work for you? I still hope that somebody puts these in the first post...

« Reply #605 on: May 20, 2019, 07:56:44 AM »
You. Are. Magnificent. The transparency on Rumia, Youmu, etc. is intact. Thank you for taking the time to find this.

I remember cropping my own charagraph differently, so if anyone else has the unmodified images from LoT2 (the original raws back a few layers of quotes are a dead link), I'd still love those as well. I'll still be on the hunt and I guess I'll share them here if I find them.

EDIT: I gave up searching for the images online and read the thread backlog around Xarrizar's quote. Turned out that just extracting the images was extremely simple (don't ask me how to put them back). For anyone who feels like defacing innocent touhous, here's a new link for the transparent raws: https://mega.nz/#F!Y8BR2CIa!4trCakQsMy8DVwo96AoRUA Sorry if this is redundant and a replacement for the old link already exists.
For the curious or ambitious (or just in case I'm missing something in the link above), I just used this tool: http://himeworks.com/tools/dxextract/ to extract the img.dxa files in the game directory.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:48:44 AM by athanasianGainsay »

« Reply #606 on: June 02, 2019, 03:45:36 AM »
Couple of questions.  I played this game several years ago before my PC went down and started a new game.  I was on floor 8th if I recall.

1.  Should hard mode be played as a NG+ or is it ok to play it from scratch?

2.  Does the cheat engine table for the plus disk?  If so, how to apply values for it.  The table loads, but nothing works. 

Thanks in advance.

« Reply #607 on: June 10, 2019, 05:07:38 PM »
Couple of questions.  I played this game several years ago before my PC went down and started a new game.  I was on floor 8th if I recall.

2.  Does the cheat engine table for the plus disk?  If so, how to apply values for it.  The table loads, but nothing works. 

Thanks in advance.

Hard mode is perfectly doable in NG.

xor

« Reply #608 on: June 18, 2019, 09:49:25 AM »

Thanks in advance.
It *is* for the plus disk - it's just that I've found it goddamn impossible to find any pointers that work consistently across different operating systems. TLDR in programmer parlance: it works for me!  :smug:

I've dumped terabytes of automated scans, faffed about in half a dozen virtual machines and even tried stepping through the game in a debugger (something I'm terrible at because I have next to no experience coding at the bare metal in C and assembly language). It has been an absolute sod and refused to give me anything that works across multiple OSes; the pointers I've found also sometimes don't work because a butterfly flapped it's wings the wrong way. Yay memory allocation!  :derp:

Real life has had some stuff happening so I've pretty much had to abandon finishing this, I'm afraid. I've uploaded another cheat table that's removed all the pointers; you can use it with a little self-assembly. If anyone who's actually good at cheat table/using a debugger feels like fixing this table then be my guest.

Self-assembly instructions:
  • Game Data needs the memory location of where the game stores money - it's an 8 byte integer and stupid easy to find
  • Character slots need the address of a character's full name. Unsurprisingly, the value type is string. There's always one instance of this in memory except for character's who don't have a last name (e.g. Rumia, Cirno) where there's only 5 results. The correct one is usually the 2nd to last result.
  • If you want more character slots, just copy and paste them and change the memory address
  • Everything to do with items is always in the same memory locations so they should just work

You'll have to re-find each of these addresses every time you launch the game because memory allocation.
* THLabyrinth2Plus_out-self-assembly.xml (690.62 kB - downloaded 234 times.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 12:13:10 AM by Tom »

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #609 on: July 08, 2019, 06:31:26 AM »
Just finished Rance IX and belatedly realised that Green Brute is basically Rance. This game is packed with RPG references.
I walk one step, and I?m visiting a shrine
I continue two steps, and I?m spirited away
I tread three steps, and I?m playing god
I arrive with four steps, and ****

« Reply #610 on: July 18, 2019, 09:17:08 PM »
New update, with translated patch notes by Regalstar: https://pastebin.com/HiAegkp5

-Yuyuko's "The Mistress gets Serious" seems to be 30% more damage against >150 DTH resistant enemies (up from 15%), not sure about >100, but it's probably 20% (up from 10%).

-Patchy's Girl of Knowledge and Shade was originally "If affinity is 103 or greater, it counts as 100 + (affinity - 100) / 3", now after learning Infinite Repertoire it seems to change to "If affinity is 53 or greater, it counts as 50 + (affinity - 50) / 3"; this essentially allows Patchy to get a 50% damage boost against enemies with 100 elemental affinity and 20% against enemies with 66 affinity (piercing enemy affinity below 100 does not count as a weakness, for the purpose of stuff like Satori's damage boost).

-The last one seems to refer to stuff like Heavenly Kasen summoning level 200 ghosts, instead of level 1200 ones, not sure if it affects anyone but Abyss/Heavenly Kasen.

« Reply #611 on: July 19, 2019, 12:03:29 PM »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=121cAVQgEFKFYpwu_vz4uBpd2bnnNmpZd

Updated exe for the new patch. There's some translations missing but nothing too important.

EDIT: updated again. This should fix some various missing strings and some very late bosses with overflowing text in their name.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 12:21:43 AM by qazmlpok »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #612 on: August 20, 2019, 04:34:29 AM »
Been getting back into LoT2 recently, just beat the regular final boss with a normal run of the game, just to refamiliarize myself with things before probably moving on to a synergy/limited run of some form that actually does everything like Team 9 did. The thought just crossed my mind though that since I already beat the game more or less fully other than some 30F stuff, I've felt kinda tired of having to reexplore the map every run. I then just realized that if you copy some of the data files into your save folders and rename them, you get 100% full map coverage on every floor in the game, with I think the only downside that on 21F prior to doing what you need to on B4F, you can encounter things normally (but encounter build-up is so slow there anyhow so it's not much of an actual problem). So in case anyone just wants to fully uncover all the maps, I've zipped up the necessary files. Just throw them into your save file folder and overwrite everything, and viola, full map coverage, no questions asked. Mainly just a thing for folks who've already played the game to death and don't want to fully uncover maps every playthrough (like I tend to, aha).

EDIT: Also, I dunno if it's been documented somewhere that I've missed, but does anyone know the actual rate/effect of the main equips that add status effects? And on top of that, are the rates/effect levels of status effect skills and equips like Ability to Surprise Humans and Strange Meat Pie stack on top of the existing rates/effect levels or are they calculated separately? I'm mainly just curious if you could, say, stack all those things on Kogasa to give her middle of the road TRR infliction rates a massive boost.

EDIT 2: ...Aaaand distressingly, I just discovered that Tokiko's Nameless Bookworm Youkai move outright does not work, despite very clearly fulfilling the conditions. Well, uh, that's worrisome and that kinda just kills a bit more of her tanking potential huh.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 03:30:03 AM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #613 on: August 21, 2019, 04:09:13 AM »
Also, I dunno if it's been documented somewhere that I've missed, but does anyone know the actual rate/effect of the main equips that add status effects? And on top of that, are the rates/effect levels of status effect skills and equips like Ability to Surprise Humans and Strange Meat Pie stack on top of the existing rates/effect levels or are they calculated separately? I'm mainly just curious if you could, say, stack all those things on Kogasa to give her middle of the road TRR infliction rates a massive boost.

Status effect infliction chance and strength generally stack between spellcards, passive skills and items (eg. Eirin can reach 198% PSN rate by learning Lethal Poison Mixing, equipping the Midgard's Tooth, and using the Toxicologist's Poisonous Incense). The rate and effect of the passive skills was added to the wiki (they're all 25% infliction chance and 5000 strength), for the main equips that add statuses, I don't think anyone tested the status strength, but the infliction rates are 20% for PSN/HVY/SIL/TRR and 8% for SHK/DTH/PAR.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #614 on: August 21, 2019, 04:27:23 AM »
Oh wow, that's a lot higher than I thought. Then yeah, with all the potential factors merged together, Kogasa's got a 100% chance of inflicting Terror with A Rainy Night's Ghost Story. Including Sheer Force and having Reisen along for Intense Vertigo, that's a very solid chance.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #615 on: August 21, 2019, 05:50:27 AM »
I'm playing LoT2 again myself, only this time I have plus disc available, but I'm just finding Postgame and early plus disc balance so weird still. There's so much to do, and my party seems totally unequipped to do anything even close to challenge level even when I'm like nearing 40 levels over it at least. Is there a generally agreed cutoff point between when I should have finished all postgame bosses and when I should have started my way through B1F? Randoms are still destroying me in the latter. Also I really dont get this game's obsession with bosses that have high regen, high hp and still do a ton of damage. Even in a full offensive build with full buffs on my star nukers some bosses regen too much too fast that I can't do it without specifically pumping up the attacks via library levels to insane levels (I've also tried not to abuse things like Maintenance Nitori like I did on my first runthrough). This game's lategame/postgame balance is just so awkward.

« Reply #616 on: August 21, 2019, 01:40:00 PM »
I think the postgame content is designed around the gambler subclass before it was nerfed but 3peso didn't nerf enemy stats which makes everything into a damage sponge that take little damage from many attacks. Level wise I think I was around 190 when I entered plus disk in my first playthrough but the bosses are doable at a lower level. Some people from the labyrinth threads like LonelyGaruga have done videos where they fight bosses with an average party level at the challenge level so you could try getting some ideas from their videos.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #617 on: August 21, 2019, 02:20:47 PM »
Ah okay, thank you! Yeah I'm at about avg level 178 right now and just reached the Great C (who btw I'm probably not even liable to beat yet since my only notable MT NTR damage dealer is Kogasa lol so I'll need more), and going to be working through the rest of the Extra Areas.
Yeah I mean it's a real shame about these balance issues, I'd rather have enemies and bosses that are trivialised by Gambler but serviceable without than have enemies and bosses that are accounting for Gambler strats and end up fucking ridiculous without. I feel like I have to pump stats like crazy and yet there still won't ever be enough level points to go between offensive and defensive stats to satisfy what the game is asking of me. LoT1's post game was so much simpler lol, even the bosses didn't require insane strats to get through, just smart stat building and if you didn't, grinding a bit more to make it easier wasn't hard either.

Although in other general LoT2 news I've been trying out enhanced normal attack build Iku and it's genuinely amazing, she's easily my star damage dealer to general enemies when nobody else is hitting weakness. She can be doing 130k on a weakness to an enemy that is taking 0-1 from everyone else lol. She basically 1 shots all the 20F depths minibosses, which makes grinding a breeze.

« Reply #618 on: August 21, 2019, 11:31:23 PM »
The Great "C" was my least favorite boss due to how random it was (nothing stops it from using Black Universe > "C" Falling from the Sky for a guaranteed KO on a character) so I used an inconsistent SHK locking method with Iku to bypass the invincible levels of DEF/MND it has on the first turn, but if you're just aiming to clear it AoE Poison works. Outside of Black Universe, the damage is fairly low. Now that Strategist and Transcendent's damage reducing effects are working as of one of the more recent updates (unbelievable how they weren't working before), you could use those to help alleviate the damage it does while whittling away with Poison.

What kind of party layout are you working with for it presently? It's kinda slow, but even two Toxicologists could do it as long as you're on top of the damage it does.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #619 on: August 22, 2019, 01:39:34 AM »
What kind of party layout are you working with for it presently? It's kinda slow, but even two Toxicologists could do it as long as you're on top of the damage it does.
Running front line - Byakuren/Kogasa/Remilia/Iku
Reserves - Hina/Reimu/ Mokou/Shikieiki/Sanae/Rumia/Alice/Suika
For the most part, just trying to run people I never really used the first time (with the exception of Reimu and Byakuren, but most importantly means I'm not running Kasen or Nitori). Sanae and Shikieiki havent had any notable stat investments yet as they're new investments so they're lagging behind.  Only Toxicologist in my part at the moment is Alice (who I only just subbed as one so she's got no Skill Points in any of the skills yet lol. Maybe I'll sub in Wriggle or Mystia for this fight to make it easier. My Kogasa can do like upwards of 150k per hit with buffs and it hits all but somehow it's still not really enough to put a huge dent in half of them. Damage isn't a problem for any of my front-liners really unless of course the boss uses the MND ignoring attack.

EDIT: Okay, Great C is finally down, thank god. had 2 resurrections to deal with, so long winded.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 02:36:10 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #620 on: August 26, 2019, 03:01:28 AM »
So is the balance in Plus content going to remain like this? Or does it actually even out eventually and become manageable. Because B1F so far (and its tri-boss fight) are still following the trend of low level requirements with absolutely sky-high stats. Really not sure how to feasibly progress without just grinding even more levels (at party avg 200 now) and beating them in raw stats. I have people who can soak up damage like it's nothing (Hina/Byakuren(though that's more because her Regen helps her survivability so much) and people who can damage like crazy (Iku, most of the time Kogasa/Suika too) but nobody can do the other person's job either so I end up with no damage dealers because they all die and then just left with tanks who hit for 0s fairly reg (Byaku is starting to deal somewhat solid damage sometimes though but never enough to outpace getting fucked over).

For the record, I've got mostly offensive builds on my attackers and some somewhat split defensive builds on my tanks (with preference towards HP if any). If I'm just straight up not putting my bonuses into the right places someone please tell me because any chance to make this easier outside of giving up and cheesing the game with OP specced Maintenance Nitori would be appreciated.

« Reply #621 on: August 26, 2019, 06:26:10 AM »
I generally just put a character's level's worth of library points into all their stats and it seems to work fine. The only stuff you have to overlevel for is some of the postgame stuff like shredding amnisieri, the plus disc is quite easy comparatively, at least until the plus disc's own postgame.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #622 on: August 26, 2019, 07:15:01 AM »
Well at this point in time I have basically all my most used people sitting comfortably at character level = library level defensive stats, if not a bit more, and I'm still struggling a lot lol. Not sure how I'm supposed to make any sort of leeway on this triple boss since all three just destroy me, even when I gave everyone more specialised level bonuses in defensive stats.

I've got everything of the postgame out of the way now though except for Enhanced Murakumo, so there's all that headache done thankfully.

EDIT: Okay finally they're down, onwards to B2F now.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 07:27:43 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

« Reply #623 on: August 27, 2019, 06:21:10 AM »
Plus Disc's content is pretty different from the base game in that the bosses are generally much more offensively threatening, but are also a lot more fragile. The Shadow boss fights in particular tend to have very severe weaknesses, a lot of 50 and even 25 affinity ratings abound. So besides the fact that their HP is lower due to there being multiple bosses, they also take more damage.

As far as levels go, I used a set of rules based on Hard Mode's where I used Iku as the average level to meet the Challenge Level and adjusted everyone else's level based on the EXP Iku needed. For library level I used Iku's level * 1.2 for everyone, with affinity being bumped up to about the same library cost. It was a bit looser than Hard Mode's restrictions, but still a self-imposed challenge, and I was able to do everything in Plus Disc following these rules.  Rather than level, it's strategy and equipment that are more important. The bosses are indeed balanced for their recommended levels, but without proper preparation each boss will be monumentally harder than it otherwise would be. This might be especially the case for Plus Disc, since bosses generally have a higher offensive presence than the main game.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #624 on: August 27, 2019, 07:06:32 AM »
I think part of it is also that I'm avoiding relying on a notably large set of characters too who may be useful in these situations (Kasen, Nitori, Kanako, Meiling, Sakuya (though I guess she doesn't seem like she'd be nearly as good in plus) who all have both great bulk and great offensive potential.  I wanted to increase character variety and play around with new people as my last playthrough I used those 5 to basically destroy the entire game (alongside Byakuren but she's not an offensive powerhouse so I don't feel as bad bringing her along a second time). As strategies become clearer though it is getting easier so I like to think it's only going to get better thankfully. It's just a really weird transition from maingame to postgame/plus imo.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #625 on: September 01, 2019, 06:34:41 AM »
So I just beat Mamizou, and I figure now's a good time to ask. Are any of the Plus characters worth introducing into a party? It's a bit of a timesink now to invest in someone from scratch, and like majority of the Plus chars are also very gimmicky in playstyle. I can see myself investing in Shou in the future for grinding purposes, but if people could give general opinions on how they actually play in practice I'd love to hear. Mamizou for example looks good on paper but if she's actually not that great I'd not really bother trying.

« Reply #626 on: September 01, 2019, 07:53:20 AM »
Tokiko is very strong (not Nitori levels but she's about Tenshi level), albeit limited in her attack options, while Akyuu is one of the best support characters once you get access to Awakening from the Infinite Corridor. Akyuu isn't available until defeating Plus Disc's final story boss though, she's the very last character. I don't have any comments about the other characters. I used Miko, but only because her Awakening has an effect from the back row, barely actually made use of her.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #627 on: September 02, 2019, 02:33:07 AM »
Miko gets really solid stats from maintennance (although not busted nitori stats) and some nice passive bonuses for the party, and her awakening really kicks ass. She's difficult to use pre-awakening though. Futo is also fairly good post-awakening. Kokoro is OK, she's nothing too special but her damage is fine. Mamizou can do some good gimmick stuff and can be tweaked to always hit weakness, but she falls off as ATB starts rising too fast for her Fast Normal Attack passive to help. Koishi/Shou just have really underwhelming stats, but Shou can grind at least. Shou also recently got buffed to be a bit less garbage, but she's still pretty bad.

Akyuu is incredibly good support post-awakening. Would recommend. She's got resurrection on crack and after you pump her with boosts/gems, she's actually got top class stats too due to that MEGA cheap library cost. Viable for hybrid offensive build but I wouldn't particularly recommend it after Ultra Incantation got nerfed.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #628 on: September 02, 2019, 07:34:12 AM »
Ah okay, thank you both! Yeah, I put some minor investment into Mamizou already and tried to extra invest in Shou's ATK to see if I could at least use her for minor grinding, but Radiant Treasure Gun still doesn't really do decent damage even after a buff from Iku. So I might just bench them for now.

This Futo fight really fucking hard though, I'm nearing 50 levels above challenge level and I see absolutely no sign of being able to get past it any time soon. The other fights before it were all doable with strategy, but I really can't see how to break past this one, especially with the huge elements of RNG it entails. EDIT: Although, Yuugi can take off a notable chunk of health with KOi3S, so maybe with extra investment I can use her to smash Futo to bits. Here's hoping.

(also a side note but still a lot of plus disc floors and other plus disc content are missing info on the wiki)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 07:40:46 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

« Reply #629 on: September 02, 2019, 08:47:18 AM »
Yeah the second Futo fight is the most brutal fight in Plus Disc's main game. The main thing is when she raises her plate stack to 10, she'll followup with either buffing herself or healing herself based on how many plates she has. When she raises the plate count try to attack her as much as possible, it doesn't matter how much damage you do, just get that plate count down as rapidly as you can to minimize how much she buffs/heals herself. That's what I did anyway, helped a lot. Futo has pretty low attack power for a Plus Disc boss, but when she buffs herself her new damage + speed just runs over parties if she gets too strong, that's the most dangerous part of the fight.

Ah I should probably be specific, but when I say "followup", I don't mean right away, just she's going to do that soon.