Author Topic: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=  (Read 169572 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=
« Reply #720 on: February 03, 2010, 12:19:57 PM »
>Ponder why Flandre didn't follow us out after suggesting she was going to.
>Decide she probably didn't have that much faith in the plan after all. Droop ears.

You suppose she didn't want to risk it, or maybe she doesn't want to leave? She acted like she did, though...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #721 on: February 04, 2010, 01:28:37 AM »
> Sigh.
> Check atlas for any useful info.
> Ponder if we should attempt to visit Hakugyokurou.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

« Reply #722 on: February 04, 2010, 01:35:57 AM »
> Sigh.
> Check atlas for any useful info.
> Ponder if we should attempt to visit Hakugyokurou.

You search through the atlas, nothing too new. At the very least, you can now sufficiently beat yourself up over any geographical mistakes you make.

You could try to visit Hakugyokurou. It certainly wouldn't hurt any to see how Yuyuko and Youmu are doing.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #723 on: February 04, 2010, 01:37:14 AM »
> Patchouli seems like she'll be busy for a while, so head to Hakugyokurou if we know how.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #724 on: February 04, 2010, 01:38:36 AM »
> Summon Roc.
> Tell Patchouli we'll be out for a bit.
> Hope that Youmu and Yuyuko aren't as warped as some other individuals are.

Chaore

« Reply #725 on: February 04, 2010, 01:44:59 AM »
> Patchouli seems like she'll be busy for a while, so head to Hakugyokurou if we know how.

> Summon Roc.
> Tell Patchouli we'll be out for a bit.
> Hope that Youmu and Yuyuko aren't as warped as some other individuals are.

You let Patchouli know and take off towards Hakugyokurou. You have to fly above quite a few other groups of youkai, but none of them seem capable of aerial combat anyway.

And they tried to take on the Tengu. Seriously?

You arrive at the gates to Hakugyokurou. No one seems to be on guard, though, you suppose that is by any means important. You have to fly to get here, after all. You pass through the gates, fittingly, like a ghost.

You arrive at the steps to the shrine. The air seems off now. It may have always been like this...

But, the air around here feels dead today. It practically reeks of the smell of decay. Just, nothing human.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #726 on: February 04, 2010, 01:47:49 AM »
> "Hello?  Yuyuko?  Youmu?  Myon!?  Hellooooooooooooo!"

Chaore

« Reply #727 on: February 04, 2010, 01:54:45 AM »
> "Hello?  Yuyuko?  Youmu?  Myon!?  Hellooooooooooooo!"

You shout up the stairs, and get no answer. You're sure they're probably up at the temple, so they can't hear you. You begin up the stairs and continue shouting. The shorter time period you're left alone here, the better.

You swear you feel something watching you as you ascend the steps, but you're pretty nervous, so...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #728 on: February 04, 2010, 01:57:49 AM »
> "Roc.  Stay frosty."

Chaore

« Reply #729 on: February 04, 2010, 02:12:45 AM »
> "Roc.  Stay frosty."

You tell THE ROC to remain on guard as you approach the top of the stairs. The stench is terrible here. You have a feeling you won't be able to take back these next steps, as you walk into the courtyard of Hakugyokurou.

This first thing you notice is the source of the stench. The massive tree youkai, fearsome and terrible enough to warrant a sacrifice of an entire clan, lies rotting where it stands. The loose decay blows through the air as it's cherry blossoms probably once did. It causes the area to seem darker than ever before.

The second would be Hakugyokurou itself. It stands as proudly as ever, but the lights inside that shined so brightly are long since turned off. The only light seems to be the muted light of the sun of the world of the dead.

The third thing would be the barren nature of the courtyard. Not even grass is growing... In general, Hakugyokurou seems deader than it ever was.

You're not sure if this is fitting.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #730 on: February 04, 2010, 02:15:24 AM »
>Damn... did Yukari even find a way to destroy the Netherworld? But... if she did it, wouldn't Shikieiki have done something terrible to her? Humz.
>Start looking around for any signs of life. Well, err... non-living animate beings.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #731 on: February 04, 2010, 02:26:46 AM »
>Don't get close to that tree if it can be helped.

Chaore

« Reply #732 on: February 04, 2010, 02:31:55 AM »
>Damn... did Yukari even find a way to destroy the Netherworld? But... if she did it, wouldn't Shikieiki have done something terrible to her? Humz.
>Start looking around for any signs of life. Well, err... non-living animate beings.

You doubt she would go this far, but you don't know who else would. You thought Yuyuko would at least be safe, but...

You call out again as you look for any sign of life. This time, however, you get a response. The door to Hakugyokurou opens slowly, as if inviting you in.

>Don't get close to that tree if it can be helped.

You concur. That tree is bad news, even if it seems dead...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #733 on: February 04, 2010, 02:35:36 AM »
>Peek inside the door. Just peek.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chaore

« Reply #734 on: February 04, 2010, 02:40:30 AM »
>Peek inside the door. Just peek.

You nervously scurry over and take a peek inside. The lights coming to life nearly scares you to death, but you can see the empty 'living room' of sorts. From the way Hakugyokurou is sort of waking, you can suppose whoever is behind this wants you to wait for them in there.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #735 on: February 04, 2010, 02:42:14 AM »
>Well, we came this far, might as well go in and wait for whoever.

Chaore

« Reply #736 on: February 04, 2010, 02:50:38 AM »
>Well, we came this far, might as well go in and wait for whoever.

You head inside of Hakugyokurou, and are immediately greeted with much more fresh smelling air. It still actually feels rather chilly, but just the suddenly fresh air makes the atmosphere seem much calmer.

After a while, who you can only guess is YOUMU KONPAKU appears with some tea and snacks, setting them on the table. "Chen. It has been a while since we've met, it is rather nice to see you again."

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #737 on: February 04, 2010, 03:01:32 AM »
> "Hello Youmu! It's good to see someone isn't facing us with genocidal tendencies immediately......."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #738 on: February 04, 2010, 03:03:27 AM »
> "Is Yuyuko available?  I'd like to speak with both of you if that's possible."

Spidere

« Reply #739 on: February 04, 2010, 03:04:40 AM »
> "Unless she's.......you know...."

Chaore

« Reply #740 on: February 04, 2010, 03:08:37 AM »
> "Hello Youmu! It's good to see someone isn't facing us with genocidal tendencies immediately......."

Youmu nods, pouring you some tea. Something about her seems off... You brush it off in favor of some nice tea, though.

"I see things have been as rough as I've heard out there, then."

> "Is Yuyuko available?  I'd like to speak with both of you if that's possible."

> "Unless she's.......you know...."

"...Yes, I'm afraid you have caught on with it. Miss Yuyuko is no longer here, I've taken her place for the present."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #741 on: February 04, 2010, 03:09:44 AM »
> "I see.  I'm terribly sorry.  May I ask how it happened?"

Chaore

« Reply #742 on: February 04, 2010, 03:14:21 AM »
> "I see.  I'm terribly sorry.  May I ask how it happened?"

Youmu nods, sipping her own tea. "As you know, Miss Yuyuko was bound here by here corpse sealing the tree youkai out back. When that tree died, she had no more attachment, and was able to move on. I'm not sure if she came to peace personally, or just vanished to continue on, but she was gone by the morning after.

As for what or who killed it, I've no idea myself. Only a few faint facts."

Spidere

« Reply #743 on: February 04, 2010, 03:15:47 AM »
> "Could you tell us these facts."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #744 on: February 04, 2010, 03:16:32 AM »
>"Ah... I see... and what are those facts? I have reason to believe Yukari probably is the culprit behind the tree dying. She did go on a mass murdering rampage through Gensokyo, after all."

Chaore

« Reply #745 on: February 04, 2010, 03:24:53 AM »
> "Could you tell us these facts."

>"Ah... I see... and what are those facts? I have reason to believe Yukari probably is the culprit behind the tree dying. She did go on a mass murdering rampage through Gensokyo, after all."

Youmu nods. "Certainly. First off, the 'corpse' was mostly untouched. The damage to the tree was completely spiritual, and little if any physical damage was inflicted.

Secondly, it took only a single night to happen, and was capable of happening completely unnoticed to Miss Yuyuko and myself. It was also not loud enough to wake me.

Third, the death was completely unnatural. While old age could cause the same effect, it would be more noticeable.

Fourth, if even for a brief period, the tree was capable of fighting back. While it possibly failed to kill it's assailant, the aftershock of it's attack fully killed me. Therefore, whatever method wasn't instantaneous.

Fifth, the tree was the assailant's only target. Nothing else was even a hair out of place, sans Miss Yuyuko."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #746 on: February 04, 2010, 03:27:23 AM »
> Youmu's all dead?  How tall is she now?

Chaore

« Reply #747 on: February 04, 2010, 03:31:56 AM »
> Youmu's all dead?  How tall is she now?

Apparently, in fact, now that you think about it, Myon isn't anywhere near her. That was probably what was bugging you. She appears to have taken to a nice height, and in general made herself look far older. You'd safely say she is taller than Yuyuko was. You imagine this is a form she directly chose, compared to the relation of mindset to appearance youkai typically have.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #748 on: February 04, 2010, 01:22:20 PM »
> Shiver for a bit. That tree could kill anything with it's radiance, and was nigh indestructible. It needed the sacrifice of a powerful human to stop it, and even then it was just a sealing.  Now here Yukari comes barging in and kills it with one shot. Her might is terrible. If I understand the stories and memories, only Yuuka and Shikieiki proved to be a match for Yukari....
> "Are there any other ghosts and phantoms left here? Or is it just you and the giant weed?"
> "Say, Youmu, since you're basically the new Ghosts Princess now, did you inherent any of Yuyuko's power?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #749 on: February 04, 2010, 10:26:42 PM »
> "Wait... How long ago did this take place?"