Author Topic: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=  (Read 167313 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=
« Reply #930 on: February 07, 2010, 10:15:48 PM »
Didn't the haircut come about the time we got our hands on Reisen's old suit? Which Mystia has testified the assailant was wearing?

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #931 on: February 07, 2010, 10:27:36 PM »
Didn't the haircut come about the time we got our hands on Reisen's old suit? Which Mystia has testified the assailant was wearing?

Nope, we got it once we bought the mirror and found Sakuya's knifes, and we cut it in the SDM. This was all after Patchouli's wonderful return, which subsequently, was after the battle royale.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #932 on: February 07, 2010, 10:32:35 PM »
> Closely examine courtroom for any other suspicious happenings.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #933 on: February 07, 2010, 10:52:45 PM »
So the timeline goes something like, from my shit memories,
-Escape
-Misty Lake
-SDM Ruins
-Bugtown
-Misty Lake
-Underground
-Some other things?
-Tewistan
-Tengu Mountain
-Hakurei Shrine
-Gathering of Allies
-Hakurei Shrine beats down
-Forest of Magic
-Sanae's Pond
-Some other things?
-SDM for Patchy's Return
-More other things.

Man, I lost track =[

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #934 on: February 07, 2010, 10:59:05 PM »
Man, someone needs to put together an accurate timeline...

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #935 on: February 07, 2010, 11:02:54 PM »
> Closely examine courtroom for any other suspicious happenings.

Well. Komachi is asleep, and you could swear she has a kitten in her lap. Mystia is looking a bit nervous on the stand, and Lunasa is waiting. Chen appears to be checking out her cape for some reason.

You'll never understand that girl.

Man, someone needs to put together an accurate timeline...

>Don't look at me, Keeping track of the quests and Inventory are a pain already.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #936 on: February 07, 2010, 11:07:32 PM »
> Consider voicing the fact that this should be easy enough with the Yama Mirror.
> Also, consider questioning Shikieiki's whereabouts.

Chaore

« Reply #937 on: February 07, 2010, 11:12:49 PM »
> Consider voicing the fact that this should be easy enough with the Yama Mirror.
> Also, consider questioning Shikieiki's whereabouts.

You consider this. A trial is certainly not needed here...

For the moment though, You've got more than enough people here that are in with the trap. You shouldn't spring it quite yet.

Lets see where it leads.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #938 on: February 07, 2010, 11:27:36 PM »
>"So, to sum up your testimony, you witnessed the victim and the assailant in the final parts of a struggle, and the assailant taking the victim's head off with a single slash, using a heavy weapon?"
>Rub chin.
>"Can you tell us exactly where this happened? And for that matter, why you were there? What drew you to the scene, exactly?"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #939 on: February 07, 2010, 11:38:56 PM »
> "Were any of the dismembered body parts carried off or devoured? Did the assailant take anything of value from the corpse?"
> "Has anyone even bothered giving the girl a proper burial?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #940 on: February 07, 2010, 11:41:02 PM »
> "Were any of the dismembered body parts carried off or devoured? Did the assailant take anything of value from the corpse?"

>Rephrase this as, "After the murder, did the assailant do anything to the remains?"

Chaore

« Reply #941 on: February 08, 2010, 12:01:13 AM »
>"So, to sum up your testimony, you witnessed the victim and the assailant in the final parts of a struggle, and the assailant taking the victim's head off with a single slash, using a heavy weapon?"
>Rub chin.
>"Can you tell us exactly where this happened? And for that matter, why you were there? What drew you to the scene, exactly?"

Mystia nods to your testimony. "Like I said, I was going through the woods to my lamprey eel fishing spot... The ruckus caught my ears, and I went to check it out. It wasn't a specific part of the woods, I guess they were running around trying to hit each other."

> "Has anyone even bothered giving the girl a proper burial?"

>Rephrase this as, "After the murder, did the assailant do anything to the remains?"

Mystia shakes her head. "No, I don't think so, unless she returned after I left."

Lunasa ahems. "The corpse will be held within custody for 24 hours for family to claim it, after that, she'll be given a cheap burial if unclaimed."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #942 on: February 08, 2010, 12:23:46 AM »
>Nod to Mystia. It's good to let the witness know we're not actively trying to bite her head off.
>"Did you hear them say anything, while there or on your way there? And did you hear any unusual sounds? Things such as the aforementioned projectiles that damaged the trees?"

Chaore

« Reply #943 on: February 08, 2010, 12:33:15 AM »
>Nod to Mystia. It's good to let the witness know we're not actively trying to bite her head off.
>"Did you hear them say anything, while there or on your way there? And did you hear any unusual sounds? Things such as the aforementioned projectiles that damaged the trees?"

"I'm pretty sure the projectiles were the ruckus I heard... But besides that, I didn't really hear anything said."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #944 on: February 08, 2010, 12:47:28 AM »
I'm out of things to ask, immediately. Rest of yalls?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #945 on: February 08, 2010, 12:59:03 AM »
>I can't think of anything else to ask her. I guess we're done with Mystia, for now at least.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chaore

« Reply #946 on: February 08, 2010, 01:08:02 AM »
I'm out of things to ask, immediately. Rest of yalls?

>I can't think of anything else to ask her. I guess we're done with Mystia, for now at least.

...You're out of steam for this line of questioning...

You guess Mystia's testimony is going to have to stand for the moment. This isn't good. You better think of someone to call up for a defensive testimony!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #947 on: February 08, 2010, 01:11:42 AM »
>People Chen has been with since after the battle
First, Suika
then, Marisa (although we certainly don't want to call on her)
then, Sanae
then... err, we had Mokou fry the hell out of that land shark at some point
Tokiko, some time? Saw her before the hair cut, thats what I remember.
then, Hina or Suika was there for almost everything else until Hagu...u... Netherworld. I think.

>So other peoples, who should we call up?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:14:19 AM by NeoGenesis »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #948 on: February 08, 2010, 02:03:25 AM »
> Call Cirno.

Chaore

« Reply #949 on: February 08, 2010, 03:22:50 AM »
> Call Cirno.

You decide there is only one person to call. You...just hope she doesn't mess everything up on you. You call Cirno to the stand.

The Shinigami head out to fetch her, leaving you time to think what to make her testify on.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #950 on: February 08, 2010, 03:30:00 AM »
>Well, uh... Cirno was there when we went to the SDM with Suika, and... thats about it. We could have her vouch for Chen's good nature, I guess?

Chaore

« Reply #951 on: February 08, 2010, 04:39:32 AM »
>Well, uh... Cirno was there when we went to the SDM with Suika, and... thats about it. We could have her vouch for Chen's good nature, I guess?

You decide the best thing to do is have her vouch for Chen. This would work better if it actually helped much... You don't think Komachi would actually pay attention, but you could spin this well.

What should you try and get Cirno to focus on?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #952 on: February 08, 2010, 04:47:18 AM »
>Have her focus on the events that went down against Meira, and Shen's actions during them. In particular, the not killing her when she had a chance thing.

Chaore

« Reply #953 on: February 08, 2010, 05:05:48 AM »
>Have her focus on the events that went down against Meira, and Shen's actions during them. In particular, the not killing her when she had a chance thing.

You bring Cirno to the stand. Both you and Lunasa have to spend a bit informing her what a trial is, but you think you get the best out of it. After that, Cirno begins her testimony.

"This whole thing is about Chen killin' that Meira jerk, right? Something isn't right with that though. Chen is about as harmless as a kitten, she wouldn't kill you even if you dumped water all over her. I mean, most of the time of the big fight she was avoiding confronting Meira outright. When she did get up there, she mostly distracted her for bug girl, then took out her sword. Didn't try to kill her or anything. In the end of it, Chen didn't even touch her. Suika knocked her straight outta the park, and that was that. Chen did ask that the bugs capture, not kill, Meira, just so she didn't cause much trouble, but after that it seemed like she was done with the whole affair."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #954 on: February 08, 2010, 05:57:28 AM »
>"As far as you know, where did she go after washing her hands of the affair?"

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #955 on: February 08, 2010, 10:36:09 AM »
Quote from: Lunasa
Lunasa clears her throat. "Upon further examination, Some broken trees were found around the path the victim and defendant presumably took. The damage appears to have been from some kind of exploding projectile. Since its fired away from the way they went, it is perfectly assumable that the victim, fleeing from her attacker, fired the shots."

>"Objection!"
>Examine Chen's clothes, perform the next action only if there's no visible damage by explosion on it. (Chen you better haven't ruin your new clothes in the 2nd fight T_T.)
>"There is no visible damage caused by explosion on the defendant! Since the clothes Chen is currently dressed in original belongs to a certain moon rabbit in Eientei, unless Chen paid another visit to Eientei for a change of clothes, there wasn't any possible ways for her to get a change of clothes! If it is necessary, we can call for Tewi, ruler of the rabbits in the Bamboo Forest, to testify!"

>"Moreover, there is no evidence that the victim was capable of firing explosive projectiles. Given that the victim was a swordswoman, and that the only offensive moves she has displayed in our fight in the shrine was sword skills and summon a giant lizard familiar, it is highly unlikely she would use projectiles! Consider that she was being outnumbered during the fight at the shrine, I think anyone with the right mind would've used all they can do to win, not hiding tricks up their sleeves."
(She didn't use energy orbs in the 2nd fight so Wriggle wouldn't know, right? :V I just went back to the first thread to check and realise Meira did have projectiles. Oh well, lets just see what Mystia/Lunasa has to say about this.  :V We really need them to talk more so we can find holes in what they say. XD)

>"I would also like to state that Cirno, being straight-forward and honest (and circlenine), is very trustworthy. We had no chance to inform her and manipulate what she says beforehand, due to how sudden this trial is held. Therefore, it is very clear that the defendant did not show any motive to kill the victim!"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:38:49 AM by Thaws »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #956 on: February 08, 2010, 02:01:41 PM »
>"Objection!"
>Examine Chen's clothes, perform the next action only if there's no visible damage by explosion on it. (Chen you better haven't ruin your new clothes in the 2nd fight T_T.)
>"There is no visible damage caused by explosion on the defendant! Since the clothes Chen is currently dressed in original belongs to a certain moon rabbit in Eientei, unless Chen paid another visit to Eientei for a change of clothes, there wasn't any possible ways for her to get a change of clothes! If it is necessary, we can call for Tewi, ruler of the rabbits in the Bamboo Forest, to testify!"

>"Moreover, there is no evidence that the victim was capable of firing explosive projectiles. Given that the victim was a swordswoman, and that the only offensive moves she has displayed in our fight in the shrine was sword skills and summon a giant lizard familiar, it is highly unlikely she would use projectiles! Consider that she was being outnumbered during the fight at the shrine, I think anyone with the right mind would've used all they can do to win, not hiding tricks up their sleeves."
(She didn't use energy orbs in the 2nd fight so Wriggle wouldn't know, right? :V I just went back to the first thread to check and realise Meira did have projectiles. Oh well, lets just see what Mystia/Lunasa has to say about this.  :V We really need them to talk more so we can find holes in what they say. XD)

>"I would also like to state that Cirno, being straight-forward and honest (and circlenine), is very trustworthy. We had no chance to inform her and manipulate what she says beforehand, due to how sudden this trial is held. Therefore, it is very clear that the defendant did not show any motive to kill the victim!"

>Let us reword the second one.
>IF MEIRA TOSSED NO EXPLOSIVES DURING THE BATTLE, TO WRIGGLE'S KNOWLEDGE, SAY: "We can presume, I think, that Chen has no knowledge of explosives. Otherwise, she would have used them in any of the scraps she has gotten into over her travels. And we can also presume Meira does not have knowledge of them, otherwise she most certainly would have used them when being attacked by numerous people at the Shrine, where such weapons are most effective. From this, we can conclude that the assailant used them, and that the assailant could not be Chen."
>IF MEIRA DID USE EXPLOSIVES (Don't have the time to read back, I apologize): Drop the line of argument. Being caught in a lie is very bad right now, we already made a damn fool of ourselves and don't need to be tossed out of the court and forced into Afterlife Jailbreak Quest.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #957 on: February 08, 2010, 03:42:14 PM »
>"From this, we can conclude that the assailant used them, and that the assailant could not be Chen."

>Wait, don't include this conclusion, Lunasa said "its fired away from the way they went, it is perfectly assumable that the victim, fleeing from her attacker, fired the shots.", so I was going to accuse Mystia actually. We'll have to see what arguments from Lunasa/Mystia (Mystia's still in court listening, right?) the parser brings us next. :x
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:48:32 PM by Thaws »

Chaore

« Reply #958 on: February 08, 2010, 08:30:14 PM »
>"As far as you know, where did she go after washing her hands of the affair?"

"Eh? After that, I went with her and Suika to the Scarlet Devil Mansion. We met with the librarian's former familiar to discuss the sword the victim left. Something about some contract in it. Said she couldn't fix it for some reason. After that, I went back to check in with Daiyousei at the lake. I think Chen and Suika were going to go underground and deal with some shark..."

Lunasa seems intrigued at a few parts of this testimony...

You're not sure this is exactly good.

>"Objection!"

>Let us reword the second one.
>IF MEIRA TOSSED NO EXPLOSIVES DURING THE BATTLE, TO WRIGGLE'S KNOWLEDGE, SAY: "We can presume, I think, that Chen has no knowledge of explosives. Otherwise, she would have used them in any of the scraps she has gotten into over her travels. And we can also presume Meira does not have knowledge of them, otherwise she most certainly would have used them when being attacked by numerous people at the Shrine, where such weapons are most effective. From this, we can conclude that the assailant used them, and that the assailant could not be Chen."
>IF MEIRA DID USE EXPLOSIVES (Don't have the time to read back, I apologize): Drop the line of argument. Being caught in a lie is very bad right now, we already made a damn fool of ourselves and don't need to be tossed out of the court and forced into Afterlife Jailbreak Quest.

>Wait, don't include this conclusion, Lunasa said "its fired away from the way they went, it is perfectly assumable that the victim, fleeing from her attacker, fired the shots.", so I was going to accuse Mystia actually. We'll have to see what arguments from Lunasa/Mystia (Mystia's still in court listening, right?) the parser brings us next. :x

You also pull a technicality to call out something brought up earlier, having Cirno testify on the complete lack of explosives in the middle of the fight. This could be what you need! Lunasa winces, she can't possibly prove Meira could shoot projectiles.

"Hold on then, What are you exactly getting at? What reason would someone have to add marks after the fact? The most logical answer to this is the victim DID fire them, and simply didn't during the battle."

You've got her on the run now...

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #959 on: February 08, 2010, 08:36:14 PM »
> "The victim was surrounded by hundreds of fairies and bugs, with a cat, an oni and yours truly leading the strike, with only het familiar as back up. In a situation such as this, you'd think she'd pull off all stops, and use projectile attacks to fend off the army. She'd have all reason to use these projectiles, and it would've surely given her a major edge in the grand battle. That she didn't use these valuable powers and attacks at critical times means she couldn't use them at all!"