Author Topic: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=  (Read 169315 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=
« Reply #870 on: February 06, 2010, 11:22:51 PM »
> Pray to Sanae for guidance.
> Continue trial.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #871 on: February 06, 2010, 11:31:16 PM »
> Pray to Sanae for guidance.
> Continue trial.

You'll need a miracle. Hopefully, Sanae can provide.

You wait as the trial begins. The yama takes to the stand and-

Oh what. A shinigami confirms exactly what you're wondering.

"The honorable Yama Onuizuka presiding!"

Komachi appears to be in the Judge's seat, and wearing the Eiki's clothes for the event. You're... not even sure what to say. She clears her throat and begins.

"The accused stands trial for the murder of Meira Ierukah. Defense, Your opening statement."

Well. Shit.

>As a note, you're currently WRIGGLE NIGHTBUG. You know nothing more than the fact Chen fought Meira at the shrine.

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #872 on: February 06, 2010, 11:35:02 PM »
> "Meira is..uhh...she's a evil person trying to steal Reimu's power!"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #873 on: February 06, 2010, 11:37:14 PM »
> "Meira was a bad person trying to steal the power of the Hakurei Shrine for nefarious purposes."
>Fix'd
>"Chen was only trying to liberate the Hakurei Shrine for the good of Gensokyo."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #874 on: February 06, 2010, 11:38:02 PM »
> "WHAT THE HELL?!"
> Facedesk.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #875 on: February 06, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »
> "WHAT THE HELL?!"
> Facedesk.
>Try to refrain from doing this (at least not out loud). It soooo will not help our case >:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #876 on: February 06, 2010, 11:42:13 PM »
> "WHAT THE HELL?!"
> Facedesk.

> DO NOT DO THIS, WE ARE TRYING TO LOOK PROFESIONAL

> Say that Chen had engaged Meira in combat in an atempt to preserve the Hakurei border, with all of Gensokyo's best interest in mind
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

« Reply #877 on: February 06, 2010, 11:45:17 PM »
> "Meira is..uhh...she's a evil person trying to steal Reimu's power!"

>Fix'd
>"Chen was only trying to liberate the Hakurei Shrine for the good of Gensokyo."

You make a fairly strong opening statement, which you feel states your case well. You probably should've stated something about not doing it, but it'll work.

> "WHAT THE HELL?!"
> Facedesk.

>Try to refrain from doing this (at least not out loud). It soooo will not help our case >:

> DO NOT DO THIS, WE ARE TRYING TO LOOK PROFESIONAL

> Say that Chen had engaged Meira in combat in an atempt to preserve the Hakurei border, with all of Gensokyo's best interest in mind

You then spin the tale more, making sure to avoid the word kill in your statement.

Komachi boredly waves. "Right right, Prosecution?"

You keep it mental and just face desk, as Lyrica goes into her statement. This will be a very very long day.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #878 on: February 06, 2010, 11:48:26 PM »
>Listen closely to Lyrica's statement
>Also, if we can see Chen, gauge her reactions to things being said

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #879 on: February 06, 2010, 11:49:01 PM »
>And try to find something incorrect about Lyrica's statement.

Chaore

« Reply #880 on: February 06, 2010, 11:55:04 PM »
>Listen closely to Lyrica's statement
>Also, if we can see Chen, gauge her reactions to things being said

You listen closely. Most importantly, it mentions out the cruel nature and solitude of the killing. She also states evidence will prove her guilt.

You glance at Chen. She seems surprised and worried.

>And try to find something incorrect about Lyrica's statement.

You try to, but you don't even know what happened yet...

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #881 on: February 07, 2010, 12:01:04 AM »
> Wait, no, She made it seem like Chen was alone when she "killed" Meira, She was not alone, infact Wriggle was RIGHT THERE, WITH THEM WHEN IT HAPPENED

> As I recall, Meira was not seen dead, and Was even seen Fleeing from the battle
Wotters gonna' wot

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #882 on: February 07, 2010, 12:01:46 AM »
Wait, since when did Meira die?

> Your honor, I wish to ask something. As far as we know, Meira had fled the scene. We do not know what was the cause of her death, since we ourselves were unable to inflict much damage on her. Only her familiar and sword were destroyed. Either in her fleeing attempt did she unfortunately have a fatal incident, or one of he fairies or bugs murdered her without telling me."

Chaore

« Reply #883 on: February 07, 2010, 12:13:31 AM »
> Wait, no, She made it seem like Chen was alone when she "killed" Meira, She was not alone, infact Wriggle was RIGHT THERE, WITH THEM WHEN IT HAPPENED

> As I recall, Meira was not seen dead, and Was even seen Fleeing from the battle

> Your honor, I wish to ask something. As far as we know, Meira had fled the scene. We do not know what was the cause of her death, since we ourselves were unable to inflict much damage on her. Only her familiar and sword were destroyed. Either in her fleeing attempt did she unfortunately have a fatal incident, or one of he fairies or bugs murdered her without telling me."

You open straight into an objection during Lunasa's opening statement. You state directly that there was no way the crime could happen the way she is describing it, pointing out the fact it was in the middle of a huge battle.

Komachi is shocked by your sudden objection, you guess she was half-asleep during the statement. You're sure she-

You're surprised yourself by a counter-objection. With a magnificent AIR VIOLIN SOLO, no less.

"Hold on, Nightbug, whoever said this was during that fight? You just proved that Meira was previously defeated and weakened, a vengeful Chen could have managed to track her down and kill her. After all, A cat is a predatory creature, unlike fairies and bugs."

Shit. She has a point.

>Letter from the Author: A lot of people have asked me, "Hey, whats up with the sudden unnoticed swap to Lunasa during the court scene?". The simple thing is it was a bug I overlooked. It was meant to be 'Lunasa' from the begining, as the Air Violin gag pointed out. I mostly got the two mixed up. The colors were a subtle hint- Predominately white and black, with a red topper. I'm surprised I didn't catch myself, but it was a bit late to rectify.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #884 on: February 07, 2010, 12:18:36 AM »
"Hold on, Nightbug, whoever said this was during that fight? You just proved that Meira was previously defeated and weakened, a vengeful Chen could have managed to track her down and kill her. After all, A cat is a predatory creature, unlike fairies and bugs."

> "The praying mantis says hi. Along with every other predatory and poisonous bug in exisence. Even the Ladybug feeds on the flesh of others. And don't let me get started on maggots and fire ants. And fairies are well known for getting way too far with their pranks, misjudging the stamina of humans. It could still have been either, or another youkai all together."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #885 on: February 07, 2010, 12:22:53 AM »
>"In addition, there are several people who can tell you that Chen was not looking for Meira at all after the battle!"

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #886 on: February 07, 2010, 12:24:02 AM »
> say something like "As far as I know, Chen went off the Scarlet Devil Manor with her associates Suika Ibuki and Cirno Cirnovski(or whatever her last name was) to study the magic affecting the fragments of Meira's sword, with no intent of harming Meira"

> Do we do the witnesses thing yet? if so, call up Suika, Or Patchouli
Wotters gonna' wot

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #887 on: February 07, 2010, 12:30:38 AM »
> say something like "As far as I know, Chen went off the Scarlet Devil Manor with her associates Suika Ibuki and Cirno Cirnovski(or whatever her last name was) to study the magic affecting the fragments of Meira's sword, with no intent of harming Meira"

We all know Cirno's last name is Fahrenheit :V

> "My bug troops have also been scouring the vincinity around the Shrine, lake, Magic Forest and beyond for several hours. A Meira, living or otherwise, was not found."

Chaore

« Reply #888 on: February 07, 2010, 12:41:36 AM »
> "The praying mantis says hi. Along with every other predatory and poisonous bug in exisence. And fairies are well known for getting way too far with their pranks, misjudging the stamina of humans. It could still have been either, or another youkai all together."

You snipe straight back. What the hell does she know about bugs, anyway?

"I'd imagine however, a cat is more fit to using things like blood to track a human, no? At that, don't you have complete obedience over your insects? If one found her, they'd have to report back to you no matter what. Predatory or not, if you wish to go that way, I'm sure we could get every insect in here and have you force them to say whether or not they did it."

Komachi groans. "Please. No. We'll be here all day..."

>"In addition, there are several people who can tell you that Chen was not looking for Meira at all after the battle!"

"You can bring them to the witness stand, then, I trust you have one to account for all the time periods?"

You're not sure you can do this much! Damnit, you hardly know what she did after the battle, anyway.

"See my previous, I'm sure what you know is currently biased, anyway."

You make a note to, but she has to prove her case first. She gets the first pick, sadly.

We all know Cirno's last name is Fahrenheit :V

> "My bug troops have also been scouring the vincinity around the Shrine, lake, Magic Forest and beyond for several hours. A Meira, living or otherwise, was not found."

"So obviously, they didn't kill her, then."

Komachi groans. "Oh for, Just get on with the witnesses!"

"Very well, I call DETECTIVE INUBASHIRI to the stand."

Wait what- You're not done yet! Damnit, Komachi!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #889 on: February 07, 2010, 12:45:05 AM »
>Detective who now?
>Examine and listen to the witness.

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #890 on: February 07, 2010, 12:45:54 AM »
> Momiji is a detective!?

> Holy dicks, sudden idea, what if there's ANOTHER CHEN out there who killed Meira!!
> Keep that in the back of your head to discuss with chen later

> Again, pay close attention to what Miss Inibashiri says, and try to find any lies, faults, or things like that
Wotters gonna' wot

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #891 on: February 07, 2010, 12:46:40 AM »
> Doo-doo-doo-DOO, Inspector Momiji, Doo-doo-doo-DOO, WOOHOO!~

Chaore

« Reply #892 on: February 07, 2010, 12:49:14 AM »
>Detective who now?
>Examine and listen to the witness.

You're not sure who this is! Its some White Wolf tengu with a sword and shield. Those get confiscated soon though.

She appears to be wearing a sherlock holmes hat and pipe, along with a trenchcoat.

You're not sure why.

> Momiji is a detective!?

> Holy dicks, sudden idea, what if there's ANOTHER CHEN out there who killed Meira!!

> Again, pay close attention to what Miss Inibashiri says, and try to find any lies, faults, or things like that

Oh, right. This was Aya's subordinate. You get a silly idea about an alternate Chen from it...

> Doo-doo-doo-DOO, Inspector Momiji, Doo-doo-doo-DOO, WOOHOO!~

You make up a silly theme song, too.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #893 on: February 07, 2010, 12:50:57 AM »
>There might also be another Yukari if that was the case. Or, well, a impersonator thingy or... you know what I mean blah
>On with the case~

Chaore

« Reply #894 on: February 07, 2010, 01:07:14 AM »
>There might also be another Yukari if that was the case. Or, well, a impersonator thingy or... you know what I mean blah
>On with the case~

Momiji clears her throat and begins.

"The victim was killed by beheading after what appears to have been a very brief assault. Along with the death blow, there appear to have been claw marks all over the victim, and her leg was taken clean off before the final blow. The victim's nose has also previously been broken, probably during the battle at the shrine. Speaking of which, the body wasn't found until long since the battle. There was plenty of time for the defendant to track down and kill the victim."

Komachi waves. "Yada yada, basics. On with the cross-examination."

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #895 on: February 07, 2010, 01:19:58 AM »
> "OBJECTION!"
> "There is simply no way Chen could've been able to claw up someone of greater physical power, slice her into ribbons, and completely knock their block off. Damaged and all, Meira was still able to escape me, my bugs, the fairies, and Suika Ibuki. She could have:

A: Saw no possible way to win without her familiar, and weapon, and fled.
B: She was truly too weak to fight, and found a perfect escape route multiple search parties couldn't locate.

In this case. B is highly unlikely. Mostly due to the fact that we know everything there is to know about that shrine.

Point number two:
There are a large number of clawed youkai in Gensokyo.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:27:41 AM by Thundr_Pwnage »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #896 on: February 07, 2010, 01:24:26 AM »
> "OBJECTION!"
> "There is simply no way Chen could've been able to claw up someone of greater physical power, slice her into ribbons, and completely knock their block off. Damaged and all, Meira was still able to escape me, my bugs, the fairies, and Suika Ibuki. She could have:

B: She was truly too weak to fight, and found a perfect escape route multiple search parties couldn't locate.

In this case. B is highly unlikely. Mostly due to the fact that we know everything there is to know about that shrine."
> Add the fact that there are plenty of clawed youkai in Gensokyo.

Chaore

« Reply #897 on: February 07, 2010, 01:27:34 AM »
> "OBJECTION!"

In this case. B is highly unlikely. Mostly due to the fact that we know everything there is to know about that shrine."

"...ah? Well, Miss Ierukah was a trained swordsman..."

"Hold on, You said it yourself, didn't you? She broke her weapon and familiar. She'd lost her main methods of fighting, whereast, Chen has normally fought with her claws. Physical strength or no, Chen still has skill in hand to hand, where Meira is more used to having a sword to keep Chen at bay. The two could've exchanged blows, before Chen managed the nasty leg loss that tipped her over.

As for escaping, we know she did escape the three of you, but we don't have any reason to believe that a fourth person didn't manage to find her. Unless you have reason to believe it was impossible?"

> Add the fact that there are plenty of clawed youkai in Gensokyo.

"How many with a heavy weapon to cut off a head, though? If every claw strike did consistent damage to take off a head, Meira would've died much sooner. On top of that, how many would attack her simply for vengeance, and not eat her?"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #898 on: February 07, 2010, 01:28:39 AM »
> "Also, if you brushed up your biology, you should know that felines always go for the neck, hardly bothering with other body parts. At best they make some gashes by diging their claws in their prey to hold them down, afterwhich they start biting in the victims throat, trying to suffocate them, not to behead them. If I understand your story, the head was sliced off. Very unnatural for a feline."

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #899 on: February 07, 2010, 01:29:43 AM »
> "And Chen has been locked in combat before. The claws have never worked in these fights. She is quickly overpowered due to their lack of sharpness and length. Her kitty claws don't compare to strategy and strength."