Author Topic: Ask A Middle-Aged Guy  (Read 54687 times)

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
Re: Ask A Middle-Aged Guy
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »
Soon 3D things will take over the world and kill us all with imaginary lasers.
Or even worse, THE WORLD ITSELF WILL BE 3D!

wait a minute

andrewv42

• I heard Malzaherp
  • needs a derp
« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2011, 09:11:11 PM »
If Two-dimensional objects are tangibly inexistent, and three-dimensional objects exist, then maybe four-dimensional objects transcend the whole notion of existing and are thus the incarnation of infinity.

^Is this correct?  :o
I eat squirrels.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
If Two-dimensional objects are tangibly inexistent, and three-dimensional objects exist, then maybe four-dimensional objects transcend the whole notion of existing and are thus the incarnation of infinity.

^Is this correct?  :o

It's my understanding that 2D objects do exist, in the second dimensional plane, just as 3D objects exist in the 3D plane. However, if the fourth dimension is just 3D plus time, and we were to observe it from a higher dimension, yes, we would be able to see infinity (or at least eternity).

Coming up after the break, Keanu Reeves talks about his battle with psoriasis.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2011, 09:33:21 PM »
It's as real as any name anyone else has.

Er, sorry. I guess I need to work on how I word questions. :V

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #244 on: February 10, 2011, 10:06:04 PM »
If you had the chance to move to Canada would you actually take it?

Tengukami

« Reply #245 on: February 10, 2011, 11:00:54 PM »

I did live in Canada. In Qu?bec, actually, for about eight months. It's a great country. I'm a bit settled in where I am now, though, and I like it here. But yeah, I'd recommend Canada to anyone.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #246 on: February 10, 2011, 11:38:34 PM »
You like asking people the same questions don't you?

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #247 on: February 11, 2011, 12:02:50 AM »
You like asking people the same questions don't you?
Please hold your questions until Gpop makes his own "ask a " thread :V

Nah but really, I was first thinking of asking you only, but then when I saw Ammy's thread as well, I decided to ask him out of curiousity

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #248 on: February 11, 2011, 02:03:22 AM »
Then some years later we got a Sega Saturn, and I played a lot of Sonic Spinball.
Huh? I thought that was a Genesis/Mega Drive game unless there was a port I never heard of.

Tengukami

« Reply #249 on: February 11, 2011, 02:51:33 AM »
Huh? I thought that was a Genesis/Mega Drive game unless there was a port I never heard of.

Or whatever Sega played Sonic Spinball.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #250 on: February 11, 2011, 09:12:01 AM »
You are 40 years old, what would you see in the next 40 years from today? despair? hope? what say you to the generation today growing up with what they have now, instead of what you had then?
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #251 on: February 11, 2011, 09:28:28 AM »
If not Iceland, what other country you think you would like to settle in?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #252 on: February 11, 2011, 09:54:14 AM »
Will we ever hear the tragic tale of your carjacking days?

Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #253 on: February 11, 2011, 11:32:04 AM »
who stole the pocky

Tengukami

« Reply #254 on: February 11, 2011, 12:38:57 PM »
Answering this last batch in reverse order:

who stole the pocky

That kid with the ironic three wolf moon T-shirt who likes to pop by the office just when we've all ordered pizza for lunch. That kid's a dick. We should do something about him.

If not Iceland, what other country you think you would like to settle in?

Hm. Probably either Sweden, Holland, Switzerland or Norway. But especially Holland, for multiculturalism, liberal social policies, and some fairly decent beer.

Will we ever hear the tragic tale of your carjacking days?

Not until the statute of limitations runs out.

Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?

Wish I knew. Now let's get back to our paperwork and pretend this whole silly war is something happening to someone else.

You are 40 years old, what would you see in the next 40 years from today? despair? hope? what say you to the generation today growing up with what they have now, instead of what you had then?

Over the next forty years, I hope to see myself teaching, writing and publishing short stories, travelling, watching my daughter grow up, and sharing my life with someone who loves me as much as and the same way that I love them.

I won't talk down to the generation coming up. Of course there were things I didn't have growing up that many of you do, just as your kids will have things you never dreamed possible. In the long run, the only advice I can give to this generation is:

Look at the mistakes your elders made, and really understand them. This will help you avoid them. Don't let them impose their obsoleting worldview on you. Treat those younger than you with respect and kindness. And try to leave this world a little bit better than you found it.

Yes. I think this thread has run its course now. I'll be locking this up now.