Author Topic: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 79054 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #240 on: January 04, 2010, 02:49:10 AM »
>"Jeff, your okay, right? I don't really know what effects cutting that filament might have had."
>Try pushing your hand into the energy.
>If that goes fine, take out your hand and push your head in, look around.

>You ask Jeff about his condition. "I...don't know," he says. "I feel funny. But it's been so long since I actually felt anything that I can't tell you if it's good or not..."
>You push your hand into the mass of rainbow energy, then feel something suddenly jerk you through! You colors everywhere for a moment, then you are flying through the air. Before you can catch yourself, you land hard upon something grainy a roll a few times. Dimly, you are aware of something shattering, and the sound of Remilia crying out in surprise.
>As near as you can tell, you are laying upon a roof. Everything seems to be in color.

>_

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #241 on: January 04, 2010, 02:51:05 AM »
> Is everyone moveing?
> Where is the JEFF?
Wotters gonna' wot

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #242 on: January 04, 2010, 02:51:24 AM »
>Oh hey, portal. That...makes sense.
>We need to go back through that, but recruit help first. Jeff will be in trouble. And by help I mean Yuyuko Help.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #243 on: January 04, 2010, 02:52:21 AM »
> "That... Was very strange..."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #244 on: January 04, 2010, 02:58:17 AM »
>WHY DIDN'T WE MAKE JEFF GO THROUGH FIRST FFFFFF-
>Look around, pray there is still a portal or something.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #245 on: January 04, 2010, 03:00:48 AM »
> Is everyone moveing?
> Where is the JEFF?

>You look around, and see that Remilia and Youmu are fighting some yards away from you. Or rather, Remilia is drawing back with a broken weapon in her hands, while Youmu seems to be looking about for her lost blade.

>Oh hey, portal. That...makes sense.
>We need to go back through that, but recruit help first. Jeff will be in trouble. And by help I mean Yuyuko Help.

>You do not see anything to go through.

> "That... Was very strange..."

>Yes it was. You've also learned that reclining on a roof is oddly comfortable after an experience like that, but you may have to worry about friendly fire very soon.

>WHY DIDN'T WE MAKE JEFF GO THROUGH FIRST FFFFFF-
>Look around, pray there is still a portal or something.

>You look around, and see no such anomalies.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #246 on: January 04, 2010, 03:01:47 AM »
>So...we failed. That's...bad.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #247 on: January 04, 2010, 03:03:35 AM »
>Well... we did shatter that line. Maybe that did something.
>Better get out of the way of this battle so we don't become collateral damage.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #248 on: January 04, 2010, 03:09:35 AM »
>Get out of the battlefield.
>Show Youmu her other sword and ask her to please stop attacking Remilia if she wants it back.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #249 on: January 04, 2010, 03:14:21 AM »

>It feels that way. Unless there is another way to reach that place.

>Well... we did shatter that line. Maybe that did something.
>Better get out of the way of this battle so we don't become collateral damage.

>You certainly hope so. Otherwise, it is a bit too depressing to contemplate.

>Get out of the battlefield.
>Show Youmu her other sword and ask her to please stop attacking Remilia if she wants it back.

>You get out of the way of the action, and waving Youmu's Short Blade while telling her to back off.
>"How did you-" Youmu cries.
>"Oh, she's not getting off that easy, Patchouli," Remilia says, cutting off Youmu's shout while conjuring Gungnir, "We won't hear of it!"

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #250 on: January 04, 2010, 03:16:35 AM »
Help other voices? There's probably a way back but I'm stumped. Unless...

>Check status of Sakuya?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #251 on: January 04, 2010, 03:19:06 AM »
>Maybe we can ask Yukari about that place. If anyone can get us there, it's probably either her or Jeff. Speaking of Jeff, we should try to get down to the underground and see if he's still there to talk to... Yukari should be there too, even!
>Do you see any broken off pieces of the Dream Cutlass anywhere? Look around and if you find any, pick them up.
>I suppose Remi probably dropped the broken part she was holding, but if she hasn't, ask her to throw it over when she gets a chance.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #252 on: January 04, 2010, 03:24:09 AM »
Help other voices? There's probably a way back but I'm stumped. Unless...

>Check status of Sakuya?

>Sakuya is more or less as you left her. You don't expect her to wake up within the next couple days, short of a miracle.

>Maybe we can ask Yukari about that place. If anyone can get us there, it's probably either her or Jeff. Speaking of Jeff, we should try to get down to the underground and see if he's still there to talk to... Yukari should be there too, even!
>Do you see any broken off pieces of the Dream Cutlass anywhere? Look around and if you find any, pick them up.
>I suppose Remi probably dropped the broken part she was holding, but if she hasn't, ask her to throw it over when she gets a chance.

>You wonder if Yukari could do anything. She was inactive in that place, but here perhaps there is something.
>You find a couple shards of the Dream Cutlass's blade. They have lost their rainbow hues, and are now a dull golden color.
>Remilia had tossed the hilt away, you find it easily.
>Remilia and Youmu seem to be taking their battle to the air now, leaving the roof relatively safe.

>_

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #253 on: January 04, 2010, 03:27:15 AM »
>I suppose it'd be too much to hope for the Cutlass to become rainbowy again if we got it repaired, much less regain the power to... do whatever exactly it was that it did.
>Remilia should be fine against Youmu now, right? It's not sunny now and Youmu is one blade short.
>If so, lets get back down to the underground right now, to the house where we should find Yukari, Alice, and hopefully Jeff.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #254 on: January 04, 2010, 03:30:56 AM »
> Wait for Remi to finish off Youmu
> Watch whatever injuries the idiotic half-ghost sustains with a hint of vengeful sadism

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #255 on: January 04, 2010, 03:36:30 AM »
>I suppose it'd be too much to hope for the Cutlass to become rainbowy again if we got it repaired, much less regain the power to... do whatever exactly it was that it did.
>Remilia should be fine against Youmu now, right? It's not sunny now and Youmu is one blade short.
>If so, lets get back down to the underground right now, to the house where we should find Yukari, Alice, and hopefully Jeff.

>You expect that would be so. Even though it was not enchanted, you don't think it derived whatever power it might have had from its materials.
>It seems that Remilia is going to be okay. It'll be a hell of a fight, but you think Remilia should be able to hold her own now unless Youmu does something surprising.
>You decide to go underground.

> Wait for Remi to finish off Youmu
> Watch whatever injuries the idiotic half-ghost sustains with a hint of vengeful sadism

>You don't think this is going to be a swiftly battle, even with Remilia with all of her advantages, Youmu is a crafty and skillful opponent. She won't go down quickly.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #256 on: January 04, 2010, 03:38:46 AM »
>Go underground. We don't have time to waste. Jeff is going to be screwed by that Giygas.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #257 on: January 04, 2010, 03:41:08 AM »
>If Yukari doesn't know how to make a gap to there or something like that, perhaps we can get Jeff to spell out "The Words" for us.
>When we get to the house, ask Yukari/Alice if they noticed anything strange and then tell them what just happened

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #258 on: January 04, 2010, 03:45:03 AM »
>Go underground. We don't have time to waste. Jeff is going to be screwed by that Giygas.

>You head underground, quickly as you can.

>If Yukari doesn't know how to make a gap to there or something like that, perhaps we can get Jeff to spell out "The Words" for us.
>When we get to the house, ask Yukari/Alice if they noticed anything strange and then tell them what just happened

>Thinking on it...you know what The Words are. You even thought about them, much earlier today.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #259 on: January 04, 2010, 03:48:38 AM »
>Thinking on it...you know what The Words are. You even thought about them, much earlier today.

>_
>I'm not digging through 4,000 posts of Patchy Quest to find them, so I'll wait till we say them (if we have to) to see what they are. I've already read it all at least once D:
>^Yeah that's copypasted  :V

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #260 on: January 04, 2010, 03:50:49 AM »
Oh, this is easy if you played the first game

>GUY MADE OF BEES!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #261 on: January 04, 2010, 03:52:03 AM »

>GUY MADE OF BEES!
>*facepalms* Of course it is. Oh god that makes so much sense.
>Wait, there was seriously a first one where Jeff was the protagonist? Or do you just mean the first thread of Patchy Quest?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #262 on: January 04, 2010, 03:54:23 AM »
The first Z Machine game had Jeff K. Anon as protagonist.

What, you thought I just made that name up? Yeesh, kids these day. It's the "Barren Path" series. Should be on page 2 or 3 now.

As for future actions
>Wait until we get to the underground and Yukari and all them before repeating those words. I want help.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #263 on: January 04, 2010, 04:05:00 AM »
>I'm not digging through 4,000 posts of Patchy Quest to find them, so I'll wait till we say them (if we have to) to see what they are. I've already read it all at least once D:
>^Yeah that's copypasted  :V

>GUY MADE OF BEES!

>You do indeed recall them. And, it feels much more dangerous to use them now than it was to use them before. But you will need a mirror.

>Wait until we get to the underground and Yukari and all them before repeating those words. I want help.

>You continue onwards, running as quickly as you can without ruining yourself. Yamame calls out after you at one point, but you do not reply. Soon, you reach the Abandoned House. Entering it, you Yukari and Yuyuko seem to be having a civil, but heated discussion. Alice is nowhere to be seen, but a doll floating about suggests she is still here.

>_

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #264 on: January 04, 2010, 04:09:13 AM »
> Barely manage to restrain yourself from making the incredibly idiotic move of attacking Yuyuko, no matter how tempting it may be.
> Limit yourself to a scathing voice of barely restrained anger
> "Hello... Yuyuko. Tell me, did you have a purpose in telling your pathetic slave to attempt to slaughter Remilia rather than simply speaking to her? Or were you perhaps hoping to try to destroy fate and potentially send the world into chaos?"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #265 on: January 04, 2010, 04:09:39 AM »
>Ask if anything weird happened
>Explain situation
>Explain strategy for saving Jeff, humbly request help in vanquishing the bees forevar!
>Hope someone has a mirror.
>Don't do Drake's order. Bitch her out LATER.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #266 on: January 04, 2010, 04:12:01 AM »
> "Hello... Yuyuko. Tell me, did you have a purpose in telling your pathetic slave to attempt to slaughter Remilia rather than simply speaking to her? Or were you perhaps hoping to try to destroy fate and potentially send the world into chaos?"

> DO NOT SAY THIS, YUYUKO WILL BE OFFENDED

> Tell Everyone what happened to you, and that it would probably be a good idea to check on Suwako

> "Also, Where is Alice?"

Wotters gonna' wot

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #267 on: January 04, 2010, 04:12:49 AM »
>I'd rather deal with the bees first, and save Jeff. Time is of the essence. We can check Suwa later.
>Do ask about Alice.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #268 on: January 04, 2010, 04:24:14 AM »
> Barely manage to restrain yourself from making the incredibly idiotic move of attacking Yuyuko, no matter how tempting it may be.
> Limit yourself to a scathing voice of barely restrained anger

>Ask if anything weird happened
>Explain situation
>Explain strategy for saving Jeff, humbly request help in vanquishing the bees forevar!
>Hope someone has a mirror.
>Don't do Drake's order. Bitch her out LATER.

>You consider yelling at Yuyuko, but decide now is not the time.
>You explain what happened as quickly as you can. While you do so, Alice comes from upstairs. All three of them listen with varying degrees of incredulity. At times you have to be annoyingly vague, but you think you get the point across. Then you explain your strategy, which mostly includes just getting there.
>"I don't think I would be of much help there," says Yukari. "If things are as frozen as you say, there is not much that I can manipulate. I'll sit this one out."
>"I...guess I could go, if you want," says Alice, frowning a bit. "But I think I'd just be in the way. This doesn't seem like a problem for a dollmaker or color magic, especially if there's no color.
>Yuyuko smiles at you. "I suppose I am obligated, aren't I?" Yukari gives her a look, but says nothing.

> DO NOT SAY THIS, YUYUKO WILL BE OFFENDED

> Tell Everyone what happened to you, and that it would probably be a good idea to check on Suwako

> "Also, Where is Alice?"

>"That, I can do," says Yukari. She sets to opening a gap.

>I'd rather deal with the bees first, and save Jeff. Time is of the essence. We can check Suwa later.
>Do ask about Alice.

>You wonder if objecting to Yukari doing this will do anything to persuade her to help.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #269 on: January 04, 2010, 04:28:11 AM »
>We can go check on Suwako, at least. Maybe Suwako/Kanako/Sanae might come. Wriggle is an insect person, as well... bees.
>Go through gap to the Moriya Shrine, attempt to gather all four of them up and explain situation
>See if Suwako/Kanako remember what happened
>Ask if anyone will come help fight the cosmic bee horror