Author Topic: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 77696 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: December 31, 2009, 03:25:34 AM »
>You are Patchouli, Gensokyo's greatest freeloader! You are on a mission to banish humidity from your library! You have vanished the Sun and solved the Incident! Wriggle had taken up burglary and got in trouble with the Moriya Shrine, but you have sorted that out. The Prismrivers have broken up, you've vowed to un-upbreak them! Cirno has taken up Hip Hop and failed terribly with Lunasa; you friend Eientei from the torture. Merlin is playing background music at Shou's Clothing store, and hates every moment of it. Lyrica is entertaining at the Palace of the Earth Spirits. Byakuren and her followers are trying to build a temple, you have offered to help and gave them a book on Civil Engineering! You have begun making a tentative peace with Sakuya! You won a danmaku battle with Utsuho! Keine was hanging around underground, looking for a historical anomaly! You found the history-erased remanents of the last Z-Machine Protagonist, and are trying to help him out! This has led you to Hakugyokurou and dealing with Yukari! Yuyuko's solution seems to involve sending Youmu to sever fate, you have been dealing with this the best you can without violating spellcard rules. You have just gotten your terrible embarrassing tattoo that no one can ever know about removed by Yuugi. You've vowed to reclaim Non-Directional Laser from Marisa. You may well have had a role in breaking the universe as you know it.
>You have a terribly embarrassing tattoo that no one can know about, and no idea how to get rid of it. Koakuma is on holiday, as stipulated in her contract. Aya has escaped from prison; she's alternately helped you and taken very embarrassing picture of you. You have had a strange thing for hot sauces of all kinds. You've been gathering Secret Items for a robed woman in the alley in human town, there is only one left.  Reimu beat you up for breaking into Keine's school, and took a few of your spellcards. You have been Mukyuing shamelessly, and you think people are starting to talk.

> How many filaments are coming out of us now?

>Just the two, still.

>Aww. I knew I shouldn't have stopped editing my other post about the house. Well, this works.
>"So... you're Jeff? Hmm. You look quite disturbing. I suppose now is when I figure out a way to get us both back. Or eliminate you, and get myself back... since... I don't know how good it would be to take something like you back with me."

>"So what's going on, exactly?" asks the cloud, as it suddenly appears right beside you. "How do I look disturbing? I don't look like anything at all! I've checked mirrors and stuff."

>Hug Jeff
>"There. Now YOU know how creepy it is"
>Ponder a way out.

>You try to hug the cloud. It works about as well as hugging a cloud would normally work.
>"Didn't learn the last time, did you?"
>That's the hard part, isn't it?

>"Oh, and I believe I know how I got here; a certain Dream Cutlass. It might be the key to getting out of here as well."

>"That thing Remilia was using?" asks the cloud. "How'd that go? Did she win?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Patchy Quest One More Time: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 03:28:16 AM »
>We already got rid of that tattoo. I'm starting to wonder if your leaving mistakes just to see if we notice them x3
>"I... think Remilia was going to win. But as she dealt her last blow, well... I ended up here. There is some rainbow light where the Dream Cutlass and Youmu's sword are touching. It might be important to getting back to reality."
>Also, you should feel proud. It only took 10 days for the last Patchy Quest to max out at 1k posts, thats an average of 100 a day! Damn.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:32:10 AM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 03:28:29 AM »
> One filament to Remilia and one to Jeff?
> Do we really not have any other relationships?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 03:29:26 AM »

>I am VERY sure we established that ain't it, son.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 03:33:49 AM »
>We already got rid of that tattoo. I'm starting to wonder if your leaving mistakes just to see if we notice them x3
>"I... think Remilia was going to win. But as she dealt her last blow, well... I ended up here. There is some rainbow light where the Dream Cutlass and Youmu's sword are touching. It might be important to getting back to reality."

>Yes. Yes of course. I am just testing you. You get a J.
>"Lemme see," says the cloud, as it blinks out of existence.

>You are quite certain you at least have stronger relations to most of the Scarlet Devil Mansion denizens.

>I am VERY sure we established that ain't it, son.

>Thankfully, you're pretty sure that the filaments do not represent that. That would be depressing, you're not that much of a shut-in.

>_

Chaore

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 03:36:02 AM »
>Break fourth wall and determine that obviously, its related by role. Therefore, The next Z-machine Protaganist is to be Remilia.
>You're not sure why you didn't think of this before.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 03:39:42 AM »
>Wait... if Jeff was the last Z-Machine protagonist... and now he's... and now you're the protagonist... *shudder*
>If we can just blink back and forth to places, and Jeff is assumably with Remilia and Youmu, go back there.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chaore

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 03:41:03 AM »
>You're pretty sure you've not fucked up as much as Jeff did. You'll be fine, Besides, You're not a lame character.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 04:18:26 AM »
> Stop shitting up the game.
> Can we bring Alice/Yukari/Yuyuko back with us as well as Jeff?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 04:32:23 AM »
> Stop shitting up the game.
> Can we bring Alice/Yukari/Yuyuko back with us as well as Jeff?

>Quite.
>You don't know if you ca bring them back. You recall that Aya appeared to be frozen stiff in place, but you made no real efforts to dislodge her as a whole.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 04:35:40 AM »
> Try and jump back to the mansion with Jeff.
>> If that doesn't work, try to jump back to the mansion with Alice.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 04:35:57 AM »
>If time doesn't seem to be moving here, how could Jeff have been talking to us? Maybe the Dream Cutlass has just messed everything up. Which reminds me...
>If we can just blink back and forth to places, and Jeff is assumably with Remilia and Youmu, go back there.
>He said "Lemme see" and disappeared when you mentioned the rainbow light, so he must be there. So, lets gooo~! <3

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 04:42:54 AM »
> Try and jump back to the mansion with Jeff.
>> If that doesn't work, try to jump back to the mansion with Alice.

>If time doesn't seem to be moving here, how could Jeff have been talking to us? Maybe the Dream Cutlass has just messed everything up. Which reminds me...>He said "Lemme see" and disappeared when you mentioned the rainbow light, so he must be there. So, lets gooo~! <3

>If time doesn't seem to be moving here, how could Jeff have been talking to us? Maybe the Dream Cutlass has just messed everything up. Which reminds me...
>He said "Lemme see" and disappeared when you mentioned the rainbow light, so he must be there. So, lets gooo~! <3

>You aren't sure; if time is messed up, perhaps Jeff's questionable state of existence plays a role. But if so, what about you?
>You decide to return to Scarlet Devil Mansion, and there you are at the front gates. You see Jeff hovering near the frozen battle, blinking in an out of existence as it moves from place to place.

>_

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:47:18 AM by Captain Purvis M.F.D. »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 04:44:55 AM »
>Aww, I'm so awesome you quoted my post twice. <3
>Ask Jeff what he thinks about this, and if he thinks we could use the rainbow light/Dream Cutlass/whatever to fix our situation.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 04:48:32 AM »
> Jump back to the house and try to bring Alice here.
>> If it doesn't work, give up and head to the roof of the SDM.
>>> If it does, bring Yuyuko and Yukari to the SDM as well.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 04:53:57 AM »
>Aww, I'm so awesome you quoted my post twice. <3
>Ask Jeff what he thinks about this, and if he thinks we could use the rainbow light/Dream Cutlass/whatever to fix our situation.

>Or did I?
>"Huh?" Jeff appears by your side, the images and shapes within his cloudy form fluctuating so rapidly it makes you eyes hurt a little bit to look at it. "Well, looking at the sky, I guess they're connected. Man, I'm kinda sad I left the fight to go see what Yukari and them were doing, might have been able to catch a glimpse of what happened. Oh, uh, that noise? Is that just me hearing it?"

> Jump back to the house and try to bring Alice here.
>> If it doesn't work, give up and head to the roof of the SDM.
>>> If it does, bring Yuyuko and Yukari to the SDM as well.

>You excuse yourself and return back to the abandoned house. You grab Alice, and with a great deal of exertion, manage to budge her a bit. It is very much like moving a statue. You try to blink back with her, but it does not work. You would have to physically push Alice to the mansion. And a lot of that is uphill...

>_

Chaore

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 04:56:39 AM »
>Try and hear the noise. Tell Jeff if you do or don't.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 04:58:01 AM »
>Imagine how immensely freaked out someone would be after this is solved if you did move them around, though. Especially if they were, say... next to a steep drop. Although that would be mean. D:
>...do we hear a noise as well? If not, say "No... I don't hear anything."
>If we DO hear a noise, try to locate its source. Check the contact point of Youmu and Remilia's sword/cutlass for the sound first.

Chaore

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 05:00:27 AM »
>Remilia heard it too. I'm pretty sure it may be something unrelated to the CLASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 05:05:36 AM »
>Try and hear the noise. Tell Jeff if you do or don't.

>You fall quiet for a moment and listen. There is a faint sort of humming in the air. You can't tell if there is a source or not. You noticed it when you first came to this place, but you've forgotten about it in the excitement that followed.
>"Yeah," says Jeff. "That's what I'm talking about."

>Imagine how immensely freaked out someone would be after this is solved if you did move them around, though. Especially if they were, say... next to a steep drop. Although that would be mean. D:
>...do we hear a noise as well? If not, say "No... I don't hear anything."
>If we DO hear a noise, try to locate its source. Check the contact point of Youmu and Remilia's sword/cutlass for the sound first.

>You draw close to the battle. It seems...the sound is very slightly weaker here. Maybe. It could be your ears playing tricks on you.
>No. Wait. It's definitely stronger here.
>...Is it?

>Remilia heard it too. I'm pretty sure it may be something unrelated to the CLASH.

>Remilia did mention such a noise, didn't she?

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 05:07:15 AM »
>"I... can't tell where its coming from. It seems to get stronger and weaker..."
>Fly up towards the sky some and try to tell if the noise is any stronger... or if the rainbow sky mess seems to get any closer.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 05:41:45 AM »
>"I... can't tell where its coming from. It seems to get stronger and weaker..."
>Fly up towards the sky some and try to tell if the noise is any stronger... or if the rainbow sky mess seems to get any closer.

>"Huh. Yeah." says Jeff.
>You fly upwards to get a better look at the sky.
>You go up a few thousand feet, about as high as anyone normally dares to go. Watching the sky, you can't tell if its the sky itself that has this color, or if it some kind of sludgy cloudy. Either way, they leave you with a sense of being confined in. You also suspect they are not safe to get close to. There is no logic to this suspicion, just a deep-seated feel that they are not good. Looking at colors, you can start to see nonsensical patterns and shapes within them. You think they might be moving slowly.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 06:15:24 AM »
>"Wonder if that's the border..."
>examine which of Youmu's swords is being used to block the Dream Cutlass
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 06:29:55 AM »
>"Wonder if that's the border..."
>examine which of Youmu's swords is being used to block the Dream Cutlass

>"Looks like it," says Jeff, appearing next to you.
>You return to examine Youmu's swords. You quickly realize that you do not know which is which.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 06:30:40 AM »
>Ask Jeff about his life before being a cloud.
>Attempt to observe shapes and patterns, try to see if they ARE moving.
>Attempt to adjust Youmu's swords.
>Recheck inventory
>Recheck quests

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2009, 06:39:06 AM »
>see if you can check a copy of Perfect Memento in Strict Sense to figure out which of Youmu's swords is which

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2009, 06:47:01 AM »
>Ask Jeff about his life before being a cloud.
>Attempt to observe shapes and patterns, try to see if they ARE moving.
>Attempt to adjust Youmu's swords.
>Recheck inventory
>Recheck quests

>"You keep saying this," says Jeff, "Where is this cloud thing coming from? I don't have a shape, remember?"
>You stare at the sky a bit, and determine the patterns are slowly moving.
>You cannot do anything about the weapon that Youmu is holding, it is like trying to mess with Aya's Camera. However, you are able to freely pick up the other sword if you wished.

>Your Inventory contains:
>Suspiciously Sleepwear-Like Witch Gown (worn as clothes)
>Witch Cap (Worn as Hat)
>Metal Sign: Metal Fatigue
>Ballpoint Pen
>Pad of Paper
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon (Used)
>Fire & Earth Sign: Lava Cromlech (used)
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine (Used)
>Fire Sign: Agni Shine High Level (used)
>Wood Sign: Sylphae Horn High Level (used)
>Earth Sign: Rage Trilithon High Level
>Earth Sign: Trilithon Shake (used)
>Metal Sign: Silver Dragon
>Wood and Fire Sign: Forest Blaze (used)
>Wood and Water Sign: Water Elf  (Used)
>Earth and Metal Sign: Emerald Megalith (used)
>Moon Sign: Silent Selene (used)
>Lucky Coin
>Banson's Aria
>AOL Disk with a Cardboard Sleeve
>Ladle
>Floating Trumpet
>Half of a Grilled Lamprey Sandwich
>Tiger Cub Pin (wore as accessory)
>Explosion Sign: Mega Flare (Used)
>Electric Train Set
>Wheel
>Shoddy Drawing
>Ruined Hat
>Doughnut
>Box
>Butterfly Fan
>Book Entitled: The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
>Sun Sign: Mega Flare (used)
>Sun Sign: Royal Flare (used)
>Pair of Black Glasses
>Horribly Out of Date Map of Gensokyo
>Double Handful of Charred Legos of Fuckwin
>Mona Patchy, by Flandre Age 501
>Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room
>Your current quests are:
>Destroy All Humidity
>Secret Collect!
>Making Amends
>Get a Map of Gensokyo
>Reunite the Prismrivers
>Dancing Lasers
>Out of Time, out of Mind.
>Now it is Personal

>see if you can check a copy of Perfect Memento in Strict Sense to figure out which of Youmu's swords is which

>If I had a rock, I'd bust yo' head in...

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 06:55:24 AM »
>examine status of "Out of Time, out of Mind" quest
>"I have absolutely no idea what's going on right now, but to me you look like a cloud of strange images and letters. Sometimes they even write out what you say. Considering how vampires tend to have no reflection, it isn't too unusual for that to not get reflected."

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 07:05:52 AM »
> Take Hakurouken Youmu's other sword, it might come in handy

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 07:27:01 AM »
>examine status of "Out of Time, out of Mind" quest
>"I have absolutely no idea what's going on right now, but to me you look like a cloud of strange images and letters. Sometimes they even write out what you say. Considering how vampires tend to have no reflection, it isn't too unusual for that to not get reflected."

>Out of Time, out of Mind
>You have decided to try to help Jeff K Anon get over his non-existence addiction. In the process, you might have helped accidentally break the universe.
>"Wait. So you're saying you can see something?" says Jeff. "For reals? Let me check. In the meantime, you should do something about your hair, its mess."
>The cloud's images and shapes swirl more chaotically than usual for a moment. "Sorry, I didn't mean that. Your hair's fine." He vanishes.

> Take Hakurouken Youmu's other sword, it might come in handy

>You Obtain: Youmu's Short Blade.
>Having no sheathe, you will have to carry this weapon. Just holding it gives you a sense that you really aren't pure enough of mind to have any right to wield it. Such traditions, however, are overturned by the eternal law of Finders Keepers.
>Jeff returns. "I check Kaguya's mirror and Marisa's. I didn't see anything." he says. "You're not trying to mess with me, are you?"

>_