Author Topic: [s]Survey[/s] Strongle Time! - Results Are In, Horrible Puns.  (Read 77983 times)

Re: [s]Survey[/s] Strongle Time!
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 05:39:20 PM »

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 06:01:09 PM »
JORGEN VON STRONGLE

I was waiting for someone to do this...
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2012, 06:29:38 PM »
Quote from: Ammy in 13 hours
So this survey's goal was to identify the degree of pedantry that happens when people with no academic background on a subject end up deciding to act as authorities on a topic...

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2012, 06:33:15 PM »
Answered. 
* Jq1790 watches warmly until results and debriefing are ready*
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2012, 06:44:18 PM »
Well, Cesaro can speak German.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »
Filled out! How many entries do you have so far, Ammy?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2012, 07:26:19 PM »
Just saw this and responded. Kinda interested to see the answers.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2012, 08:06:13 PM »
Done. Tried not to spend more than 15 seconds thinking about each one, so hopefully my answers make sense.

EDIT: My comment here doesn't make sense but FUCK THAT
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2012, 08:43:35 PM »
If anything this will have proven that motk doesn't trust polling.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2012, 08:51:37 PM »
If anything this will have proven that motk doesn't trust polling.

...What if that was the whole point of the poll!?  :o

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
[s]Survey[/s] Strongle Time!
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2012, 08:55:12 PM »
Ruro: When I left the house to go to work around 6 hours ago, there were 65 complete responses.

4 hours until deadline, guys.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2012, 09:47:58 PM »
I like how this thread is laced with paranoia already. I hope that was one of the intended results.
:derp:
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Tengukami

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 12:03:17 AM »
Final hour. Vote now if you have not done so already. When one hour is up, voting will be closed and results will be posted with a full debriefing.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 12:34:21 AM »
Done. Can't wait to see what you were going with all this, Ammy. :3
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Tengukami

« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2012, 01:10:52 AM »
Voting closed, please watch warmly.

Also want to thank everyone for an enthusiastic response. Out of 81 responses, there was only one blank and one incomplete. So I appreciate the turn out here.

Results, debriefing to come.

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2012, 01:40:32 AM »
Out of 81 responses, there was only one blank and one incomplete.
:derp:

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2012, 02:22:02 AM »
If you organize my answers in a 4x9 rectangle, the dots make the image of a squid. >_>

I was feeling creative.

Latest works
The Strongest

Tengukami

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2012, 03:16:02 AM »
MotK Survey Results

Disclaimer
I am not a statistician nor a scientist. This survey is rather intended to be a fun social experiment about our site's demographics. Any discrepancies or perceived inaccuracies should not be taken too seriously.

Debriefing
As said, this is not a survey of MotK's political or religious affiliations. Many of the questions on this survey were purposefully included in order to obfuscate the purpose of the survey, and were not factored into the final results, although the results of all questions can be seen in the raw data.

The purpose of the survey was to see which of these four Gensokyan temples the majority of MotK users would align themselves to: Moriya Shrine, Hakurei Shrine, Myouren Temple or the Hall of Dreams. Four themes were assigned to each. These attributions are based solely on my interpretation of canon, and what qualities they are assigned is purely subjective1.

Keeping that in mind,

Methodology
Each temple is represented by one of four themes. Questions were framed towards these four themes, but agreement or disagreement with the same question could represent two different temples, depending on the feeling towards it expressed.

1. Use Of Power: These were questions pertaining to the use of authority to not only maintain power but to gain it as well. This was ascribed to the the Moriya Shrine.

2. Taking It Easy: These were questions pertaining to living simply and enjoying creature comforts over ambition and control. This was ascribed to the the Hakurei Shrine.

3. Egalitarianism: These were questions pertaining to beliefs in equality between different cultures, religions and genders. This was ascribed to the Myouren Temple.

4. The Third Eye: These were questions pertaining to beliefs in being "in tune" with one's surroundings; to be able to predict and influence events without direct evidence or physical action. This was ascribed to the the Hall of Dreams.

Possible answers provided were arranged on an agreement spectrum from "strongly agree" to "strongly disagree". This was done in order to gauge the emotional and personal strength with which these four categories resonated with respondents. For example: it would be possible for a respondent to agree with questions pertaining to the Use of Power and questions pertaining to Taking It Easy, but one category might resonate more strongly than another, and so the agreement spectrum was designed to gauge this.

"Not sure" responses were allocated according to agreement-to-disagreement ratios. Incomplete surveys were discarded.

1Four questions - used for obfuscation - were not counted. These were questions 3, 7, 25 and 26.

Results

There were 81 respondents in all. One was blank, and another was incomplete. Out of 79 valid respondents, and minus the 4 obfuscation questions, the following results emerged. It turns out there were two #38's, and they are labeled here as 38a and 38b:

Moriya Shine: 20% 8 - Responses to 4, 8, 17, 19, 30, 33, 37, and 38a.

Hakurei Shrine: 22%  9 - Responses to 10, 12, 13, 22, 23, 31, 32, 35 and 39.

Myouren Temple: 32%, 13 - Responses to 1, 5, 6, 11, 15, 16, 21, 24, 27, 28, 34, 38b and 40.

Hall of Dreams: 20% 7 - Responses to 2, 9, 14, 18, 20, 29, and 36.

The spreadsheet is attached, if anyone wants to view the results.

Conclusions
It was interesting to see in which questions "Not Sure" spiked. These were usually questions regarding human morality and gender. Strong agreement was found in the importance of parental authority, the benefits of technology, immigration rights, and multiculturalism, but also in darker tones, that humans are basically self-destructive. There was strong disagreement towards religion, cultural separtism, and apathy.

I hope this will settle once and for all where MotK truly stands when it comes to which temple is best. As we can all clearly see through cold, hard, unforgiving science, Myouren Temple wins.

Thank you all very much for your participation and for being such good sports.

AnonymousPondScum

Re: [s]Survey[/s] Strongle Time! - Results Are In, Debriefing In Progress.
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2012, 03:19:25 AM »
TEAM BUDDHA REPRESENT, BITCHES.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2012, 03:25:44 AM »
Oh man this survey's goal was pure genius. I love you I greatly appreciate that interesting concept.

Also, the fact Myouren Temple (which is not only where I stand morally, but also love Touhou-Fandom wise) is the highest % makes me squee in pure joy.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2012, 03:30:45 AM »
I had a feeling I'd been posting in this thread with the wrong account the entire time when the "age-old question" was mentioned.

Anyway, I've spoken my piece about the Myouren Temple many times.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2012, 03:34:40 AM »
So most people would go to Byakuren.  That's all well and good, but I know where I'd go.
and it isn't there.

Moriya shrine please, seems like a fun place to be.  AND they totally have a giant mech.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2012, 03:36:11 AM »
Interesting purpose and results! Now how would these be applied in future community events, I wonder...?
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

pineyappled

« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2012, 03:39:21 AM »
So most people would go to Byakuren.  That's all well and good, but I know where I'd go.
and it isn't there.

Moriya shrine please, seems like a fun place to be.  AND they totally have a giant mech.
Pretty much.

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2012, 03:40:48 AM »
Hehe, I thought it was supposed to be serious.

and it isn't there.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2012, 03:41:35 AM »
Now to figure out where my choices actually put me.
Once this spreadsheet bloody opens that is.

Ok I'm #56.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:11:36 AM by Ran Yakumo »

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2012, 03:42:27 AM »
It was interesting to see in which questions "Not Sure" spiked.
Frankly I really disliked the wording of that middle option. "Not sure", to me, implies I have no clear idea where I stand (ie, maybe this is an issue I've never really debated much), as opposed to a "middle ground" option (ie, I have a clear idea where I stand on the issue but I feel a solution/etc. doesn't lie along either views presented or that the problem can't be reduced to a dichotomy so easily)... Odds are it wouldn't have affected the outcome much anyhow, I would think. :)

As we can all clearly see through cold, hard, unforgiving science, Myouren Temple wins.

Science FTW!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 03:44:48 AM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

JT

« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2012, 03:44:48 AM »
Now just to figure out whose answers are whose. :smug:

I'm #8, for the record.

Tengukami

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2012, 03:45:35 AM »
Frankly I really disliked the wording of that middle option. "Not sure", to me, implies I have no clear idea where I stand (ie, maybe this is an issue I've never really debated much), as opposed to a "middle ground" option (ie, I have a clear idea where I stand on the issue but I feel a solution/etc. doesn't lie along either views presented)...

That's why I avoided choice questions; just different degrees of agreement or disagreement with a given statement. In that context, "not sure" can mean you have no clear idea, or are ambivalent.