Author Topic: Waking up from the Dream - Discussion Thread (Previously Registration Thread)  (Read 53077 times)

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Ohoho, this looks like fun :3

Player Name: Sakana
Returning Player: No

Character Name: Franziska
Character Gender: Female
Partner Wish List:
1st: Namazu
2nd: Morichika Rinnosuke
3rd: Tokiko
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:14:37 PM by Moe Moe Chibikana »

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
Okay, fine.

Player Name: Erebus
Returning Player: Yes (
Spoiler:
formely Demonlord Pichu
)

Team Name: Badass Freakin' Overlord/Makai (Name change under debate with brain monkeys).
Character Name: "Owlbear" (Name change under debate with brain monkeys)
Character Gender: Male
Team Members
- Shinki
- Yumeko
- Yuki
- Mai
- Luize

*After some debate with brain monkeys (and a clarification on what to do on irc) I'll let my other two teams go on the bus/stasis for a while. Know that I still have interest in them however as I was in the process of fleshing out their character during the last RP and sorta got...cut off when it died. I don't really like the idea of dropping what I had planned for them just yet when I didn't even have a chance to get anywhere with it so, yeah.

The teams I had before were...

- Tewi
- Yuugi

and

- Yamame
- Rin "Orin"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:00:06 PM by DRUG FREAKOUT »
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Team Name: Spidercats
I...
I love you.
Have my babbies.

ITT: I love how the three characters I was going to choose at first are all chosen now.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
I have decided to drop Tenshi Hinanai; her recruitment was not well thought through at all and her appearance contrived. To be honest, I have no idea why I thought it was a good idea lol
Yeah, um... For similar reasons, I'm considering dropping Nue from my team.  Although for me it's just a "maybe" for now, but still... Hopefully by the end of the day I'll have fully made up my mind about it.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Okay since someone dropped Tenshi and she goes with the theme of my team I'm taking her. Plus shes one of my favorite touhous.

Player Name: Kips
Returning player : No

Planned Character name: Kips (same as player name due to omfgirunoriginalbastard)
Planned Character gender: Male
Partner Character Wish List:
1st Choice: Yuuka.
2nd Choice: Wriggle
3rd Choice: Tenshi

Team Sadomaso?

NOW thats the final draft. God I hate making changes argle

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
So wait, I'm confused. Is the "wishlist" bit a team planning outline, or a this-is-who-I-prefer-for-my-first-partner-character-oh-i-should-name-backups-in-case-of-conflicts kinda deal? (assuming the latter for now)

Player Name: 8lue
Returning player: NoNoNo

Planned Character name: Florian
Planned Character gender: M
1st Choice: Nazrin
2nd Choice: Meiling
3rd Choice: Sanae
4th Choice: Koishi
5th Choice: Ichirin
6th Choice: Orange

Koishi edit
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:58:27 PM by 8lue_megid0 »

Kakyoin

• The truth is all that matters.
  • Nothing more, nothing less.
Okay, fine.

Player Name: Erebus
Returning Player: Yes (
Spoiler:
formely Demonlord Pichu
)

Team Name: Badass Freakin' Overlord/Makai (Name change under debate with brain monkeys).

Team Name: Lucky Strike (What?)

Team Name: Spidercats

The limit of controlled OCs is 1. So, only one team per participant to start out, according to Nemo Ma and E-Mouse.

Everyone else, don't just immediately change up your teams so quickly...things will mostly work out, I hope.

And these are first-come, first-serve WISH LISTS. Put who you want more, higher up on the list.

Former GM of the Neo Waking Up From The Dream Forum RP.

Inside this cold heart is a dream, that's locked in a box that I keep buried a hundred miles deep, deep in my soul in a place that's surrounded by aeons of silence...

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
The limit of controlled OCs is 1. So, only one team per participant to start out, according to Nemo Ma and E-Mouse.

Everyone else, don't just immediately change up your teams so quickly...things will mostly work out, I hope.

And these are first-come, first-serve WISH LISTS. Put who you want more, higher up on the list.
Yeah, it's interesting how that worked since I had that many when the original game started before (Spidercats was the last one I made before the limit was placed on a not!restart earlier).

I'll figure out something to do, because I essentially had something planned for all three, but...:V
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Kakyoin

Yeah, it's interesting how that worked since I had that many when the original game started before (Spidercats was the last one I made before the limit was placed on a not!restart earlier).

I'll figure out something to do, because I essentially had something planned for all three, but...:V

I don't blame you, we just went through a big long discussion over how to handle tons of issues with transferring the first WufTD's history over to the second, so there are a lot of loose ends that need tying up.

Inside this cold heart is a dream, that's locked in a box that I keep buried a hundred miles deep, deep in my soul in a place that's surrounded by aeons of silence...

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
We aren't nearly as prepared for this as anticipated!

Since we aren't starting from scratch and a lot of people have complained about the canonicity of some parts of the previous incarnation (such as the random genderbending, catgirl possession, flash-in-the-pan OCs that vanished after three posts, and chatted-but-unposted Day 5 shenanigans) we're having some trouble deciding how to deal with previous players that aren't returning - and the effects that this would have on the Touhous they had.

Since the reboot is expected to start with some fashion of putting old characters 'on the bus' in order to allow such drastic reorganization, we're gonna try and find out what to do with the previous players' original characters: a few have expressed acceptance of having theirs killed off, and for a few turning them into 'NPCs' that stay out of the way would be plausible - but would lock those characters from others to use. And in all cases, the inheriting player would have to deal with the touhous' memories of what happened in the old WuftD and whoever was taking care of them before - particularly tricky if their relationship with the old 'master' was close (such as Remilia and Kojiros) or if they played a major part in previous events.

I'm/We're going to try and contact former players to get their preferences about how to deal with their OCs for the reboot, to see what they'd prefer done with them - I'm also inclined to give returning players priority for their previous selections even if they haven't already signed up at the start. Between this uncertainty and the difficulties with established characters, I'd like to give this tl;dr summary: 'Used' Touhous from old!WuftD may be more difficult to get, and could be either locked or subject to conditions about understanding the previous game. We've yet to work out exactly who or how, but you have been warned!

I'll edit in a list of used characters in a bit, hungry and this needs to be posted already. CEREAL FOR THE CEREAL GOD

Unconfirmed characters that have been used in the old WuftD:

Key:
As mentioned, there are a few aspects to the difficulty of inheritance - mainly, previous emotional involvement with their original 'owner' and participation in significant plot events (thus influencing the memories of other characters that are staying). To separate these, "E" and "P" ratings for Emotional and Plot involvement are given, with lowercase being less significant and bolded being very significant. For a rough understanding:

e = Acquaintances together mostly for mana sharing that don't know each other well or especially care.
E = Know each other well for a relatively long time and/or have expressed romantic interest or deeper sympathy.
E = Lovers or best friends for life; major 'breakup' difficulties.

p = Throwaway mentions in a few scenarios and/or only present for a handful of events; MIGHT be easily retconned.
P = Played a significant role in events in the main story.
P = Played a vital role in at least one general event, or hinted as being vital to future events by MTG.

Extras:
? = Not confident this is a good rating (due to memory failure)
* = Unusual circumstances around the point that may make the rating deceptive

Highly Responsive to Prayers:

- Mima (E*, P*)

Story of Eastern Wonderland:

- Rika (E?, P)

Phantasmagoria of Dimensional Dream:

- Ellen (e*, p)
- Kana Anaberal (e*, p)
- Rikako (e?, P)
- Chiyuri (e?, P)
- Yumemi (e, p)

Lotus Land Story:

- Elly (e, p)
- Yuuka (E*, p)
- Gengetsu (E?*, p)
- Mugetsu (E?*, p)

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil:

- Rumia (e?*, P)
- Meiling (e, p)
- Sakuya (E, P)
- Remilia (E, P)

Perfect Cherry Blossom:

- Merlin (E, p)
- Youmu (E, P)
- Yuyuko (E, P)

Ghostly Field Club:

- Renko (E, P)
- Maribel (e*, P)

Curiosities of Lotus Asia:

- Rinnosuke (e*, P*)

Imperishable Night:

- Mystia (E?, p)
- Keine (e, p)
- Tewi (e, p)
- Reisen (e?, p)
- Eirin (e, P*)
- Kaguya (e, P*)
- Mokou (e, P)

Phantasmagoria of Flower View:

- Komachi (e, p)

Perfect Memento in Strict Sense:

- Akyu (E?, P)

Mountain of Faith:

- Shizuha (e, p)
- Minoriko (e, p)
- Nitori (E, P)
- Momiji (E?, p)
- Sanae (e?, P)
- Suwako (e, p)

Scarlet Weather Rhapsody:

- Iku (e?, p)
- Tenshi (e, p)

Subterranean Animism:

- Kisume (e, p)
- Yamame (E, p)
- Parsee (E?, p)
- Yuugi (e, p)
- Satori (E, P)
- Orin (e, p)
- Utsuho (e?, P)
- Koishi (E, P)

Undefined Fantastic Object:

- Kogasa (E, P)
- Byakuren (e?, P?*)
- Nue (e?, P?*)

Miscellaneous Characters:

- Rin Satsuki (e*, P*)

--------

This list is mostly done from memory, so I may have missed a few, but I THINK this covers most of it.

If you really want these characters, you may want to read up on the original story to make sure you have an understanding of the backstory you're inheriting - it's a long read, and a lot more dense than the Z-machines and such, but not bad. (I may or may not be able to add a link to Nemoma's extensive archive of the story, once I can ask about permission for that.)

As another warning, a few parts of the previous story ARE going to get retconned, so there may be some debate over how much to keep of later or unimportant events (especially the genderbending portion, which Nemoma has expressed a strong dislike for, and Pedonymous' claim of Kisume which didn't last long at all).

Wall of text and etc but this shit needs to get done sometimes

EDIT LIKE SEVEN: Revamped rating system at Ken's request.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:42:34 AM by E-Nazrin »
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
You didnt have Wriggle in the IN part of your post, btw.
Is it required to read through the whole thing, Or will someone give a summary, Or will some people just not know backstory at all? I'm fine with really either one, but I'm not sure about all the other people here. I honestly doubt that many people want to go through something much "heavier" then Z-machine.

Dead Princess Sakana

Uhm...

I'm a new player. Do I need to know what happened in Season 1?

No. You don't. You arrive in the story as a new character who doesn't know what happened in Season 1. The returning players will start afresh on the same page as you, so there won't be much need for catching up.
Being able to read is quite a nice thing, ain't it? One would think you read through the OP properly before signing up...

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
To clarify (with spoiler risks) -

1) again, there is absolutely no need to know what happened in season 1. Everything that new players might need to know they will learn as the game progresses.

2) Relationships with previous partners won't matter too much  for two reasons - at the start of this game, while in Gensokyo, nobody remembers anything beyond 4 years ago for reasons they aren't quite sure about. At the point the game starts, as far as everyone is concerned, the happenings of season 1 never happened......whether or not their memories resurface later is something you'll have to find out in-game. :3 Reason #2 - the 2-4 years befriending the new partner would probably mostly, if not completely, override anything else prior. HOWEVER, if you do wish to make the previous partner's relationships an actual character development issue, there is plenty of potential there for emotional and personal development.

3) Returning players may be asked to give up any secondary characters they had if a new player wishes to have them as a primary character - this will be discussed and negotiated beforehand, of course. I myself am willing to give up Marisa and Alice. To be honest, we all picked up multiple partners in the previous game because there were a lot left over after registrations closed.

4)  Again, all new players are only allowed one OC player character. They will be guaranteed at least one Touhou partner character, maybe more depending on how many are left over at the end of the sorting process.

5) We may have to impose a player limit. This will be discussed soon. But new players who have signed up so far can rest assured of their place in the game.

6) E-mouse....how long did it take you to write that post....? o_O

7) Sakana-niichan is PLAYING?! o_O
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:25:04 PM by Gappy »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
You didnt have Wriggle in the IN part of your post, btw.

"That have been used." I omitted characters that never explicitly appeared in the previous incarnation, and I don't remember Wriggle ever showing up at all. It's from memory, so I might be wrong, but there should be nothing special to worry about in her case; there's nothing to review specifically about her situation.

If the girl (or guy) you're looking for isn't on that list, then there should be nothing to worry about.

Is it required to read through the whole thing, Or will someone give a summary, Or will some people just not know backstory at all? I'm fine with really either one, but I'm not sure about all the other people here. I honestly doubt that many people want to go through something much "heavier" then Z-machine.

We'll probably put together a summary sooner or later, or at least give a public summary of the overall events and PM specific details and/or posts to read to people that would need to know the history of their Touhous once we get a better idea of the team setups to move into the reboot with.

I say give it a day or two before PMing me to track it down, if you don't feel up to trying a full review. If you'd rather skim, it was mostly MJP (AJP? I forget, the acronym guy with the sprite avatar) that dealt with Yuuka through one of his alternate characters; check his posts and you'll probably find the detail I'm talking about (though you probably won't understand the context without a summary and/or reading through things; most major events are Gappy/MTG posts, again for skimming ease).

new replies, lol

2) Relationships with previous partners won't matter too much  for two reasons - at the start of this game, while in Gensokyo, nobody remembers anything beyond 4 years ago for reasons they aren't quite sure about. At the point the game starts, as far as everyone is concerned, the happenings of season 1 never happened......whether or not their memories resurface later is something you'll have to find out in-game. :3 Reason #2 - the 2-4 years befriending the new partner would probably mostly, if not completely, override anything else prior. HOWEVER, if you do wish to make the previous partner's relationships an actual character development issue, there is plenty of potential there for emotional and personal development.

Hmmm... I've heard objections about using this method of reboot, but if that's the case, then I guess I'll yield the point. That can be worked with.

6) E-mouse....how long did it take you to write that post....? o_O

Probably an hour or two or something. :V

Also get on IRC we should discuss some stuff =[

fukin' catfish trolls

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Well I knew that Sakana, I just wanted a bit more in-depth clarification, Which Gappy delivered. Either way I'm going to read through the first one, seems interesting.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to check and see if that fuckin' mouse stole all yo' chez'..

chez steeler

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
I have been approached by several people + PMs on my character in the old WuftD game. I clarified to Anthony, Trance on IRC and Kojiro in PM that I do not intend to return to this game. To help the GMs of this game to speed up the process for partner selection:

My old character was Taihou (human, no magical stuff. Based on physical and speed with trickery), a butler serving for SDM. My characters were: 
  • Izayoi Sakuya
  • Fujiwara no Mokou
  • Kamishirasawa Keine
  • Mima

Anthony had my primary go if he wanted to take Mima. But he stated he was not planning. Therefore, all my characters are unstrained.

--Hele
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:37:32 PM by Helepolis »

Dead Princess Sakana

Come on, you should have expected that :3

Blame Keine for Franzi btw, the other choice I gave her was Sil, but clearly she wanted loli-action

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
I have been approached by several people + PMs on my character in the old WuftD game. I clarified to Anthony, Trance on IRC and Kojiro in PM that I do not intend to return to this game. To help the GMs of this game to speed up the process for partner selection:

My old character was Taihou (human, no magical stuff. Based on physical and speed with trickery), a butler serving for SDM. My characters were: 
  • Izayoi Sakuya
  • Fujiwara no Mokou
  • Kamishirasawa Keine
  • Mima

Anthony had my primary go if he wanted to take Mima. But he stated he was not planning. Therefore, all my characters are unstrained.

--Hele

My intent was more to ask about how to go about with the transition and what to do with Taihou himself, but based on Gap's proposal it may end up being a moot point. Hopefully we won't be tempted to pester you too often in the future, either way. Sorry for the hassle.

ALSO: reasons gap should be on IRC

[09:42] <Anthony> also the whole not remembering 4 years before the entering gensokyo bit, does that mean that we'd not remember much about our lives before it, or would it be like a blank spot?
[09:44] <E-Nazrin> (omitted) I'm not sure I can explain it coherently right now though and Anth has a better question
[09:44] <E-Nazrin> But that's one that needs to be addressed by Gap primarily I think
[09:44] <E-Nazrin> I'll include it in the thread.

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
Ohoho, this looks like fun :3

Player Name: Sakana
Returning Player: No

Character Name: Franziska
Character Gender: Female
Partner Wish List:
1st: Namazu
2nd: Morichika Rinnosuke
3rd: Tokiko

Might I prevail upon you to let me choose the catfish as I posted earlier?  I mean it's the only character I really want/need and I wouldn't really want to get frozen out and left with nothing would I?  I'm just asking you to think about it for now :)
Too much of a good thing, and it is no longer good.

Dead Princess Sakana

Might I prevail upon you to let me choose the catfish as I posted earlier?  I mean it's the only character I really want/need and I wouldn't really want to get frozen out and left with nothing would I?  I'm just asking you to think about it for now :)
Ah, didn't see that one before as it was not marked off the list and I searched for "Namazu" :V

Sure, no problem. Catfish is all yours~

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
Ah, didn't see that one before as it was not marked off the list and I searched for "Namazu" :V

Sure, no problem. Catfish is all yours~

I derped at first cause I forgot it was called Namazu and everyone was asking me "are you trollan or something?" and they told me a couple more people were asking.
Too much of a good thing, and it is no longer good.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
My intent was more to ask about how to go about with the transition and what to do with Taihou himself, but based on Gap's proposal it may end up being a moot point. Hopefully we won't be tempted to pester you too often in the future, either way. Sorry for the hassle.
Tbh, I don't really care/bother any more how Taihou is handled, as long as he is not played by anybody for the rest of the game. I rather have him die some lame death than being played lame and non-stylish.

So you can come up with any event you want like:
- He got lost
- Sakuya missfired a knife, he died
- Mokou got carried away, he died
- Keine erased him from history (never existed)
- (ry

:V

Though I will be occasional lurking how you people are doing. So good luck with the restart.

Kakyoin

EDIT LIKE SEVEN: Revamped rating system at Ken's request.

The issue with the old "rating system" that I found, was that the previously stated measurement of "importance or significance" regarding the Touhous used in the first WufTD was ambiguous; it could either indicate a Touhou's deep ties to the story, or a Touhou's deep ties with a previous player (e.g., Nitori was first labeled as very important/significant, but I found out that was labeled as such NOT because she had a deep relationship with a player in the first WufTD, but because she had a huge role in the main story of the first WufTD). There is a distinct difference, and figuring out which one it is (could even be both) could significantly impact Touhou partner wish lists, if one is not willing to accept a Touhou partner with potential locks/hindrances due to previous deep relationships with their past partner. Thus, I felt there was a need for the differences to be distinguished (instead of the first system, which merely classified Touhous with a question mark [not as vital to plot/attached to partner in the first WufTD] or without a question mark [essential to plot/very attached to partner in the first WufTD]).

Nevertheless, Mouse is a trooper. I would tip my hat if I had one on.  :D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:18:52 PM by kakyoin01 »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
Hm... I think I'm going to go ahead and give this a try. I do like rather like roleplaying, and I could probably use some practice handling multiple characters.

Player Name: ShiningDrake
Returning player: No

Planned Character name: Cuan Fitzpatrick
Planned Character gender: Male
1st Choice: Byakuren Hijiri
2nd Choice: Yuka Kazami
3rd Choice: Orange
4th Choice: Youmu Konpaku
5th Choice: Yuyuko Saigyouji
6th Choice: Shikieiki Yamaxanadu

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
After reading through part of the first thread, I'm going to drop out. This seems way too complicated and advanced for Kippy.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Hello again everyone~

Thank you so much for your interest. Due to the overwhelming number of applications, we unfortunately must close the registration here and now. Our sincerest apologies to those of you who were unable to sign up.

The character creation sheet will be up within this week, hopefully by Wednesday soonest, by Sunday latest. We will start as soon as everyone's sheets are filled out.

I will post the profile sheet momentarily.

EDIT: To clarify:

Anyone who has signed up so far will be guaranteed a place.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:00:14 PM by Gappy »

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
The following is the character profile. The actual stats system will follow. The stats system will be implemented to act as a guide to what your character can and cannot do realistically in-game. This is done in the hopes of making better, more balanced character, and, hopefully, to make your characters more realistic and believable as well. It will also hopefully prevent powergaming....though I'm sure none of you are powergamers, right?

Character Creation

Rules:
-    All characters must be approved by all 3 GMs.

-    Original Characters must not be related to any Touhou character by blood.

-    Relationships with other characters, canon or original, must be discussed with the
     player beforehand.

-    No godmodding. Please. No godmodding. 

-    The GMs may ask you to make changes and modifications to your character if they have any reason to believe your character is in some way unsuitable for the RPG. Please keep an open mind and cooperate with them. This ensures a quality gaming experience for yourself and your fellow players.

-    If theGMs believe you have failed to follow any of the rules above they can choose to not grant their approval.

Steps:
- Read the guide.

- Plan your character. Use the blank character sheet as a guide.

- Complete your character sheet.

- Wait for GM approval. 3 'Seals of approval' from 3 admins/moderators are required before you can start using your character.

- If the admins/mods believe some changes need to be made then please make them as requested.

- Enjoy! Best served cool with a big helping of Awesome!

When completing your character sheet, please keep in mind that other players may refer to it when writing in your character so try and make it easy for them by making things as clear as unambiguous as possible (and hopefully interesting!).

Remember, RPGs are all about having fun with others, not about feeding your ego. Please try and avoid godmodding if at all possible. Remember, we all enjoy watching underdogs climb a steep cliff to victory, falling and getting hurt but gritting his/her teeth and getting up once more, overcoming all the unfair odds, before finally triumphing and coming out of his/her journey a better person?.rather than see uber-superman Mary-Sue save the world yet again?and again?and again. You get the idea. The more humble your beginnings, the sweeter the victory at the end.

The character sheet must include the following:
Picture: (Optional)
Name:
Origin: 
 Home: 
 Visual Description: 
?   Hair colour
?   Hairstyle
?   Eye colour
?   Clothing

Personality:
?   Likes
?   Dislikes

Goals/Objectives/Ambitions:
History/Background:

Theme:  (Optional)

Fun Facts (optional): 

Additional Information/Background/History: (added later) 

Relationships (added later)

Descriptions of each field:
Picture
A picture of your character to allow others to visualize your character better. This is entirely optional. You may use a pictures you've drawn yourself, pictures by other artists (credit them if you can. And if you can't, at least don't claim them as your own), or use Create.swf by KirbyM.

Name
What?s in a name? Well, everything, really, especially in a text RPG. This is your assumed identity while roleplaying.  So choose wisely.

What it says on the tin. If in doubt, consult the nearest biology textbook. Only two possibilities here, male or female, nothing in between, please, for the love of Shinki-sama!

Somebody raised the question regarding crossdressers (Read: TRAPS). Technically that goes under the 'clothing' section. It doesn't matter what they wear, as long as what's underneath is either one or the other, nothing in between.

Also, please remember that your character?s age determines your character?s personality, intelligence, strength, range of experience, etc. 6 year old humans CANNOT be Einstein-level geniuses, neither can they slice through a mountain with a single katana slash, neither can they eat jam donuts without once licking their lips (ok, granted, most people can?t do that at any age, but you get the idea).

If you wish to be cryptic about your character?s age then it?s somewhat acceptable to use approximations or ????.

Visual Description
Here you may describe your character?s visual appearance. Make sure you fill out the following fields. If you like you can add further details.

Hair colour
This is Japan. Anything goes. Your hair colour is part of your identity and defines who you are. They also act as colour imagery, mirroring your character?s powers or personality. Fiery characters tend to have red hair. Calm, collected characters tend to have cool blue or green hair. Off course, as with everything else, there are always exceptions.

Hairstyle
Again, this also defines your character?s identity. It also mirrors your character?s personality, probably more so than hair colour. For example, messy tousled hair is a good indication of either laziness, a busy lifestyle, or lack of regard for looks in general. Silky, smooth, well-kept hair may indicate the opposite or perhaps a well-off/spoiled sort of lifestyle. Short hair may indicate tomboyishness in terms of girls. Also, twin-tails or small ponytails may be considered childish or cute while long, flowing hair may be considered mature.

Eye colour
?.need I say more?

Clothing

Your clothing, like the rest of your appearance, makes up your identity.

Origin
Everyone has a place of origin. Where?s yours? It should be a place in our world somewhere.

Home in Gensokyo

Home sweet home. Everyone has some sort of place they call home, even if it?s only a small nest, a hole under the roots of a tree, a simple palace, or a measly mansion. A place where one can kick-back after a long day?s work (or lack thereof), enjoy a meal, and rest in a warm bed for the night, feeling safe (Somewhat) and secure (sort-of). Even if you are from a place outside Gensokyo, since we will be starting inside Gensokyo it would be preferable to have a home somewhere within Gensokyo.

Occupation
What were you up to in the outside world before you somehow ended up in Gensokyo?

What are you doing now in Gensokyo?

Most inhabitants of Gensokyo have some sort of occupation?or at the very least, something to pass the time. Some do it for money, some do it because it?s their station in life, their purpose, and some just do it because they have nothing better to do. And some are, well, unemployed, and happy to be so, it seems.

Personality
What it says. Unless you?re a machine, you must have some sort of personality. Personalities differ from people to people, making everyone unique individuals. Like everything else, it makes up who they are, their identity. Also, personalities influence how a person would react to a certain circumstance, be it a disaster, an opportunity, or a simple social interaction.

When writing up your character?s personality, try to answer the following questions: How would your character react to a challenge from a stranger? How would they respond to a request for help? Would they go out of their way to resolve a disaster should they notice one? Or would they be more liable to go cause one or complicate existing ones? Or would they go out in search of personal gain?

Also, personalities change and develop as the person matures, so don?t let what you write here restrict you. Rather, let it be a foundation on which you can develop your character further.

Goals/Objectives/Ambitions
What drives your character? What is he/she living for? This can be anything from merely getting the next meal to creating your own corporate empire. It can be more than one thing. It can even be an entire things-to-do-before-I-die list. As with everything else, you can edit this as your character finishes or earns new objectives and goals as they go along.

History/Background
Unless you?re some sort of really strange mythological creature, you probably didn?t just pop into existence yesterday night. Everyone has some sort of history, where they came from, how they came to be, the circumstances that turned them into who they are today, what they are currently doing, what their purpose in life is, their life?s ambitions and goals, what they?re doing to achieve said goals, etc. i.e. everyone has a past, a present, and a possible future. What?s your character?s?

Theme (Optional)
Every character has their own theme song. It?s all the rage these days. So if you want to keep up with the hype you?ve got to have one too! It should reflect your character?s personality and background if possible. Links from youtube or music streaming websites are most preferable.

Fun Facts (Optional)
This is where the fun facts and trivia regarding your character goes. These are essentially simple little anecdotes that don?t quite fit in the other sections. Things like name meanings, likes and dislikes, and such. Read the fun facts section of the character profiles on the touhou wiki to get a better idea of what goes here.

Additional Information/Background/History
Your character isn?t static and inert. He/she is dynamic and evolves in reaction to events or to adapt to new circumstances. The only constant thing is change. This is where you record your character?s development, how his/her personality, experience, history, etc. changes and evolves as they progress through the story.

Relationships

If you're not making any friends, you're not using enough firepower.

No man (or woman) is an island. Your character will make many friends and enemies as they live out their lives in WuftD. Your character?s interactions and relationship with others will define him or her, give depth to his or her character, and ultimately cause him or her to change and develop, for better or worse. Sometimes relationships will take your character down completely unexpected and surprising pathways. As others shape you, you help shape others. Together you will define and shape your own unique community.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:38:51 PM by Gappy »

Adri

• Lady of the Binding Shadows
  • All worlds shall submit to me
Name: Annalessa Delaris (Anna for short)
Origin: Underground private residence in Northern Japan
 Home: A largely plain house just inside the forest
Occupation : Spends the vast majority of her waking hours drawing battle plans and noting ways old wars could have been won much more easily...also, does a lot of archery practice.
 Visual Description:
?   Hair colour: Medium length, shock white hair, with a faint tinge of blue
?   Hairstyle: Straight, and down to her shoulders, covering a single eye
?   Eye colour: Ice cold blue
?   Clothing: Whatever casual clothes she has on hand, usually a loose shirt and a med-length skirt. If she is of the inclination, a Chinese dress altered for ease of movement.

Personality: Emotionally repressed, may seem somewhat cold, calculating, and indifferent.
?   Likes: Strategy and drawing up battle plans
?   Dislikes: Anyone she judges to be an 'idiot' (May lead to severe snarking)

Goals/Objectives/Ambitions: At present, she wishes to know her purpose for existing, and to learn more about other humans (Hopefully she will not grow to see them as inferior, or cattle.)
History/Background: Anna was 'born' in a small research facility in a remote section of Japan, her parents having volunteered to experimental procedures for the purpose of raising an intellectually superior child. Her parents, afraid of the influence regular children might have on their precious creation, kept her hidden away in a special, closed off room in their home, where she could focus all her time into study. Several years later, there was an accident, and the wall sealing her in was blown away by the explosion, freeing the girl, completely ignorant of the outside world, to roam, all on her own. Her arrival in Gensokyo is an unknown factor to her, as is the origin of her forest home.

Theme:  (Will be added when I find something fitting)

Fun Facts (optional):

Additional Information/Background/History: (added later)

Relationships (added later)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:37:17 PM by Adri »

Jana

• mrgrgr
Name: Jan Monteiro

Origin: United States

Home: Scarlet Devil Mansion (Library)

Hair Color: Dark Brown/Black
Hair Style: Somewhat short and wavy, parted over Jan's left eye and combed to the sides.
Eye Color: Dark brown/Black
Clothing: When working in the library, Jan adopts a style of dress similar to his coworkers' with a suit and tie. During leisure time, and before having entered Gensokyo, Jan wore either t-shirts or polo shirts, blue jean pants, and running shoes. One thing he always wears is a pair of metal-rimmed glasses, becoming increasingly more beat-up as time goes on.

Personality: Jan tries to be friendly to strangers, but still seems to be a cold individual to outsiders. However, he can show a good sense of humor and genuine kindness to those that he trusts. Gaining this trust is as easy as being friendly in return, and having the same interests as him (Japanese culture and entertainment, as well as psychology or other intellectual pursuits) helps too.
Dislikes: Bugs, the dark, spicy food.

Goals/Objectives/Ambitions: Jan simply wants to learn more about the new world he has found himself in. Learning magic is secondary to learning about his new home, but it is also important to him.

History/Background: A college student in America who had been studying psychology, Jan decided to study firsthand how a foreign culture and way of life changed the thought processes of others. He quickly chose Japan, being a bit of a weeaboo fan of anime, manga, and Japanese games, as well as having an interest in their culture and history. Having spent much time in the larger cities, he decided to journey to rural areas and learn about the more traditional Japanese life and how the people there would act differently from those in the somewhat more Westernized city. It was while traveling in the countryside that Jan was caught in an accident.

It was this ?accident? that brought him to Gensokyo. After a brief amount of time in the Human Village, he made his way to the library of the Scarlet Devil, seeking to put his knowledge to use. After managing to prove that he could be more of a benefit than a liability, he began living and working in the library.

Theme: Determination of the Right Eye

Fun Facts/Other: Jan has a high tolerance for pain, and his stamina is very high. Even if he is not particularly strong or fast, he can go on fighting or running far longer than others. And while he is smart in a normal capacity, his ability to analyze and predict the actions of others could be said to be his real strength. He is short and light for a man of his age, standing at a little over five and a half feet tall and weighing about 135 pounds.

His fighting style could be likened to that of a street brawler, as he depends more on his stamina to keep him going than any techniques or special skills. When given the option, he prefers reaching weapons (provided that they are light enough for him to use well). Jan has some limited experience with projectile weapons, including bows and smaller firearms.