Author Topic: Waking up from the Dream - Discussion Thread (Previously Registration Thread)  (Read 52917 times)

Yuyuko Yakumo

• Carry me~ow
  • Rawr I eat your face with maaaaaagicalness
Thanks to Nazrin for the help on my latest post. Writing in big groups is a lot harder than it looks.  I hope I've kept things proper. :ohdear:
I know, I know. I'll get a real avatar and signature soon. -_-

Kakyoin

• The truth is all that matters.
  • Nothing more, nothing less.
I have decided to make Medicine Melancholy my third partner instead of Maribel Han. Because Medicine needs more luv~  :3

Previous posts/profile updated. Medicine was already unclaimed, so no conflicts generated. :V

SEE NEWER POST PLS ^_^
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:19:21 AM by Kakyoin »

Former GM of the Neo Waking Up From The Dream Forum RP.

Inside this cold heart is a dream, that's locked in a box that I keep buried a hundred miles deep, deep in my soul in a place that's surrounded by aeons of silence...

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Okay, let's try this "summarize parts" thing.

Let me know what other segments others think could be trimmed down in the same way as Reimu halting Nazrin and quibbling with Kanako; I'm not always sure what's good to keep.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
☢CAUTION!!☢

Reuiji Utsuho is being added to my partner list. 

(still holding back on a third partner for now)

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Kakyoin

Gappy has graciously allowed me to trade Nitori Kawashiro to her in exchange for Alice Margatroid. So, my current partner list is now:

Hina Kagiyama
Medicine Melancholy
Alice Margatroid

Thus, I now (or rather, I will) have the Doll Team! (I'll come up with a better title for it at some point)

I won't get most if not all of my final partners until later on (right now on Day 1, I have Keine and Reisa accompanying my character), so anyone who has Hina, Medicine or Alice right now can feel free to continue including them on their teams up until the "serious" WUFTD events come around.

OLD NEWS, BRAH

See newest team listing.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:19:54 AM by Kakyoin »

Inside this cold heart is a dream, that's locked in a box that I keep buried a hundred miles deep, deep in my soul in a place that's surrounded by aeons of silence...

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
Er, Yonowaaru, quick problem to bring up: The festival is actually tomorrow in the game, not today; Day 1 is the day before Reitaisai, not the day of it. This has tripped up several people, so it's not that unusual, but it should probably be corrected... hopefully that won't be too difficult.

Oh, I hadn't actually noticed yet.
Why is everyone heading there already, then?
Well, it?s not actually a bother or anything, so I?ll fix it.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
Not many have actually headed to the shrine; there's a group that showed up to help out and Yukari is inscrutable, but most people are involved with the rampaging God of Plenty rather than seeking the festival itself, for the moment.

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
Dropping Suwako from my character list for Komachi.
Any objections and I will fight you to the death...or until I realize you're incredibly serious about it.

FIGHT!

Kakyoin

So because I'm so indecisive, I'm changing up my team again.

*Booed off stage*

I know, I know! But I'm not with any of my actual partners yet in the story, so I have some freedom (Currently traveling with Keine and Reisa). Here's the new lineup (a team of relatively unappreciated/unpopular Touhous):

Medicine Melancholy
Shizuha Aki
Kisume. Yes, Kisume. Bucket girl ftfw. I get to be with this. Be jealous of her awesomeness.

Updating previous posts to reflect this.

NOW OLD NEWS

See newest team listing.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:20:23 AM by Kakyoin »

Kakyoin

Double-posting since my previous post has nothing to do with this one.

Based on what I've seen so far, some of the Neo WUFTD participants (namely, the ones who have yet to post) are having trouble catching up with the current story and/or injecting themselves into the current story. Given the number of participants this time around, this is a good indicator that keeping track of everyone's locations at any given time will be no easy task. I think we should we do something to help make it easier for others to get the lowdown on the story at any given time. So what should we do?

It's simple, we kill the batman

What I think would work well is if everyone who has posted creates a short summary (1-5 sentences, or however much you feel comfortable writing) describing what happened in each post. If everyone is okay doing this then any future posts will also need a corresponding summary to go along with them. However, it would be counter-intuitive to include these summaries in our posts (takes too long to search through pages of posts just to find the summaries). So, how would we display the summaries in a way that easily allows anyone to see what's happening at any time in the WUFTD story?

Several options that I could think of at the time:

1) Place the summaries (including the date, time and location of the post each summary is describing) in an open document (like a Google document) where anyone can view and add new summaries.

2) Same as #1, but in a new MotK thread.

3) Same as #1, but in a Google Calendar (this makes it easier to see when and where events occur, but requires additional maintenance on behalf of the primary calendar editors).

What does everyone else think about this summary idea?

Yuyuko Yakumo

• Carry me~ow
  • Rawr I eat your face with maaaaaagicalness
I'll admit to being one of the ones that can't follow the story. I think a short summary might be a good idea, though I still hope people will read the posts rather than go tl;dr and read the summaries. But it'd be a good quick reference thing.
I know, I know. I'll get a real avatar and signature soon. -_-

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
Gotta agree with Yuki here, (and by part you Ken) summary is great for those who need a quick catch up but it is nice to have people actually read the posts(of course, IF possible).

FIGHT!

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
For some odd reason, google chrome absolutely refuses to open the story thread for me. Apparently it's due to content from tokiwa.cc. Anyone know anything about this?

As for summaries, if E-mouse is agreeable, he can convert one of his earlier posts into a summary reference post and everyone can simply contribute summaries for him to post there.

Alternatively, a wiki would be easier to maintain than a google doc.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
I've just checked and got a warning page instantly; malware apparently. Very weird indeed.

I've checked using IE and it's fine there. I'm not too sure what it means, but it could just be a flare up for the day; unless you've seen it happen before.

Jana

• mrgrgr
For some odd reason, google chrome absolutely refuses to open the story thread for me. Apparently it's due to content from tokiwa.cc. Anyone know anything about this?

A quick check of the page's source code shows that the content is Nemoma's broken signature image.

Edit: Taken care of by TSO. :3
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:55:41 PM by Jana »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
Sorry guys, maybe it's because the space I used to contain my sig image got suspended (You know, free hosts tend to get very harsh on you and will close your account like every minute.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:29:40 PM by Nemo★Ma »

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Kakyoin

Team change: Trading out Shizuha Aki for Hatate Himekaidou since Shizuha was partnered with someone in the previous WUFTD, and I don't want to worry about stepping on backstories etc. Now I have Medicine, Hatate and Kisume. Updating previous posts.

See newest team listing, please.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:20:53 AM by Kakyoin »

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
Hey guys, it has been a while since anything got discussed, mentioned, and while I'm at it, written up. Ok, I may not have helped since I've been away too, but we need to be writing more. We need spirit and optimism! Or something along those lines. XD

Any how, Nazrin, if you're reading this, your Yukari flavoured post of mine will be coming up in my next post instead of the one just posted. Figured I'd do this one in two parts since this way...

A) I've actually got something to post up saying 'I'm still here, don't worry.'
and
B) I want a full post for this one. Simply because I know I'll have fun writing a
Spoiler:
Yukari vs Yuugi
thing.

In other words, if you're going to do anything with Yukari before 11:10, do it now. She is 'your' responsibility after all.  :derp:

Kakyoin

Yes, finally someone posted! Thanks, Kanjou. I had a post queued up and finally put it down, so I got Hatate on board now.

I don't know what's happening, but Neo-WUFTD seemed to be dying off. I hope others contribute more often (even if it's not a lot). Perhaps we need some sort of interest catching mechanism...perhaps a shift in activity or a something inspiring to write about, such as advancing the events of the day or possibly going on to the next day soon.

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
A shift in activity, you say? Well, a certain oni and an innocent gap youkai can easily provide your 'shift' in activity...

I may need to speak to Nazrin a bit more about it... And possibly Gappy; since whatever is left of the shrine may or may not be involved.  :derp:

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
Likely just Yukari.

My only excuse is that work has meant a lot less free time to dick around with, also leading to getting less sleep. And admittedly, the forum Quests being less time/thought intensive to follow.

If I'm lucky I'll finish the post I had in mind for a while now, and maybe start on the next main-story post with Nemoma, which will hopefully publicize a few significant things for people to include.

Kakyoin

All right, so people are gonna hate me for this, but...TEAM SWITCH (approved by E-Peromyscus maniculatus and Nemoe~)

OLD TEAM
Medicine Melancholy
Hatate Himekaidou
Kisume

NEW TEAM
Keine Kamishirasawa
Fujiwara no Mokou

Eirin Yagokoro
Kaguya Houraisan

Rationale/Explanations: Moerin has only ReisenII and the Watatsukis, of the Lunarians. Keine was originally property of Annalessa (Adriel's character), but he dropped. Keine was very fitting to become my Touhou partner anyway, based on the posts so far. Eirin Keine and Mokou were with Helepolis in the first WUFTD and he is not participating in this one; they were not too developed character-wise. Kaguya will be sought out by Eirin anyway, and I will most likely not acquire her and Eirin (likely Eirin before Kaguya) until much later in the story. I feel more comfortable having these four than throwing myself into relatively unknown territory with Medicine, Hatate and Kisume.

This means my new team is Team All-IN (all from Imperishable Night). Updating everything, blah blah blah, etc. If I try to change it even one more time, Nemo Ma has every right to inflict some form of punishment on me.

EDIT: Helepolis hath spoken, Eirin was either used by someone else, or unused.

OLD NEWS

See newest posting.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:51:02 AM by Kakyoin »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
http://amarilloviridian.co.cc/OriZone/?page_id=710

All Player Profiles is on the OriZone site for archive purposes
please check if it's accurate.
as for the name (XXX's Profile, I grab them from the Nickname shown below Username, because I'm pretty bad at guessing usernames, you guys know that long ago.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
To just say, I'm making the addiction of Wriggle Nightbug to my team, bringing the count to 5 touhous.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Keine was all lined up to be my Touhou partner anyway, based on the posts so far. Eirin and Mokou were with Helepolis in the first WUFTD and he is not participating in this one; they were not too developed character-wise but played relatively major parts in the plot of the first WUFTD.
:V just for clearance, I never had Eirin in my previous story. It was Keine , Mokou, Sakuya and later Mima.

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
OH MY GOSH! My brain hurts.

I HOPE YOU LIKE WORDS!

If you don't, then
Spoiler:
the Hakurei Shrine has been levelled.
The
Spoiler:
donation box
is safe and Tsunade is outside
Spoiler:
what's left of it.

No need for spoilers, but a story is a story. And the spoilers stand if you were going to read it after this any how.

For those of you waiting for stuff to happen, now is your chance. And Himiko, here's the follow up you needed. XD

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Eugh, what is this low-quality thing I just posted.

I'm kind of unsure about this post in general, especially concerning times and what was going on at the SDM and Hakurei Shrine at that point, so if there's something wrong or there are any inconsistencies, please tell me so I can go back and fix it.

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
Well, for me, only one thing is wrong with your post... The donation box isn't in front of the shrine any more.  :3

E-Nazrin knows where it is, being in control of Yukari and all; and Gappy will probably be informed of it too because Reimu. But that's it; it's a little joint secret.

You're right in that it's still in one piece though; it's just not at the shrine right now. XD

Kakyoin

After mulling this over for about one and a half week's time, and as was approved by Nemo Ma (without punishment, fortunately), I will be picking up Reisen Udongein Inaba as well as Kaguya Houraisan (Kaguya will be picked up later on in the story, relatively speaking).

See newest team posting for details.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:41:20 AM by Kakyoin »