Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements  (Read 166597 times)

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2016, 11:05:12 PM »
As long as you don't die with bombs in stock you should be okay.
All of Kanako's spell cards after the first one play dirty, so hit them with soap bombs.
ReimuA will wipe the whole game, except for the last two spell cards which will take forever.
That first statement holds for like every single game though. You can win every single game through resource management alone.
I personally dislike homing. I find needle (ReimuB) far more practical in this and nearly every other installment, just because it finishes off bosses that much faster.
But, to each their own.  :3
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2016, 11:32:55 PM »
Nah, I think this is the only Len'en I'm going to do on Unreal.*  Shion is not even close to the most concerning thing in the game; honestly once Iyozane-the-boss is out of the way the effort required for the rest of the game is pretty low.
Could be a good idea to at least do EE Unreal too because it's not horribly impossible and the ABEX is fantastic and well worth a play.
Tsugumi is my biggest roadblock, then Iyo, then stage 4 bosses. But once you get past those Fumi is maybe a 1 bomb fight at worst and Shion is just lolzy.

I think Kuroji Team is better off than Yabusame+Tsubakura because Yabusame has garbage damage and Tsubakura has garbage range, and neither of them have particularly exciting flash bombs.  Since I haven't really put much time into Shrine Team I can't guarantee I know what I'm talking about though.
Kuroji team is defintely stronger than Shrine team but Kuroji team has Salami's awkward shot to deal with and also the reverse flash bomb (and Salami's flash bomb isnt too fantastic either. They don't have much going for them survival wise other than not being the weakest shots (Salami's spread is very strong for a spread). Shrine team at least has a soul autocollector, fairly okay bombs, straight forward shottypes and also more bombs per life.

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2016, 08:02:13 AM »
MoF Normal 1cc achieved! There was no real danger in Stages 1 and 2 and I spammed bombs after Stage 3. On Stage 6, I went from 5 lives to 2, I was trying too hard to capture everything and forgot to bomb. I'm too used to homing Reimu, I spent most of the stages expecting everything to die when I'm not even shooting at them, cost me a couple of lives.
That first statement holds for like every single game though. You can win every single game through resource management alone.
I personally dislike homing. I find needle (ReimuB) far more practical in this and nearly every other installment, just because it finishes off bosses that much faster.
But, to each their own.  :3
On this run, I tried ReimuB for the first time. Yep, I think I'll stick with needle Reimu from now on.

Now that I've used bomb-spam, MoF is quite simple, although the bosses require more skillful dodging than IN and TD. I think my next run will be PCB. I've made a couple of attempts already, Stage 5 destroys me. :(

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2016, 11:50:03 AM »
In mof I feel like the game is not too hard until virtue of wind god. I could I have max lives up to it than I lose 90% if not all my lives. If you can 1cc after that that is an amazing accomplishment

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2016, 04:50:49 PM »
Made it to Yuyuko on a no-focus run... with Marisa. She's ridiculously fun to use, just because she zooms around so fast she hits every bullet in sight, and you don't have to feel bad because those deaths were going to happen anyway. (It still hurts when I mess up on the really easy stuff, though.) Who knows, a little bit more consistency and I might even get a Marisa 1cc.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2016, 06:53:02 PM »
Got a 630 Million run in Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom's Extra stage with Reisen, 7 lives left did help quite a lot. I think if I want to continue scoring this I'll need to look a bit more into certain grazes, like Hecatia's first spellcard supergraze for example.

Video Also planning to do NMNB attempts sometime, think that might actually take a while too.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2016, 12:41:15 AM »
Got a Shining Shooting Star normal 1cc a couple of days ago using Reimu. I did have a minor derp moment during the first part of the run as I thought that the blue stars gave me bomb pieces and the green stars gave me points when it was the reverse of that.

The only major problem with the replay is not my gameplay, its the fact the game lags to 40 - 45 fps during the stage 1-4 boss battles and it lags to 30 fps during the stage 5 and 6 boss battles. Next time, I'll play it on my laptop and it'll hopefully run better then it does on my desktop.
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2016, 01:47:40 AM »
Finally finished all 6 routes of Great Fairy Wars on normal. Time to attempt the extra.

IMO the difficulty order is roughly: B1 > B2 > A2 > C2 > A1 > C1 (hardest to easiest). I might be off by a little, but this is probably a good estimate.

« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2016, 02:18:03 AM »
Got a really good Shining Shooting Star Normal 1CC with Reimu. Did so well that towards the end I started exclusively picking up bomb pieces because I had too many lives in stock. Even perfected the stage 5 boss which I really wasn't expecting at all, or trying for; very nearly timed out the penultimate card by accident but wound up with a capture at literally the last second. Would've perfected the final boss on top of that if not for a dumb deathbomb at the last spell. Full 6 million points of difference; goes to show what knowing the game and figuring out how to play fullscreen can do.

Lunatic kicked my ass last time I tried it so I think I'll go for either Hard or Extra next. Was going to get Magical Singular Day but this game is good stuff and doing a really good job at keeping me entertained so I'll probably put it off for a while.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2016, 04:19:32 AM »

If only I got a max resource finish LNB. But damn, Byakuren is a tough one. Still a nice run.

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2016, 08:59:09 AM »
Hmm, this is pretty much my first post so I guess I'll just list down everything I've done so far. I started playing Touhou on 16 Aug 2014 (probably, anyway). I'd like to think I've come a long way, but... eh.

EDIT: Sorry for the wall of text.

Normal
EoSD Normal 1cc (ReimuA, ReimuB)
PCB Normal 1cc (SakuyaA)
IN Normal 1cc (Border - FinalB)
MoF Normal 1cc (ReimuB)
SA Normal 1cc (ReimuA)
UFO Normal 1cc (SanaeB)
GFW Normal 1cc (A1, A2)
TD Normal 1cc (Sanae, Youmu)
DDC Normal 1cc (SakuyaA)
LoLK Legacy Normal 1cc (Sanae)

Hard
EoSD Hard 1cc (ReimuA)
PCB Hard 1cc (ReimuB)
IN Hard 1cc (Border - FinalA, Netherworld - FinalA, Netherworld - FinalB)
MoF Hard 1cc (ReimuA)
SA Hard 1cc (ReimuA)
UFO Hard 1cc (SanaeB)
GFW Hard 1cc (A1, B1, B2, C1, C2)
TD Hard 1cc (Reimu, Marisa)
DDC Hard 1cc (SakuyaA)
LoLK Legacy Hard 1cc (Sanae)

Lunatic
EoSD Lunatic 1cc (ReimuA)
PCB Lunatic 1cc (SakuyaA)
IN Lunatic 1cc (Netherworld - FinalB)
MoF Lunatic 1cc (ReimuB)
SA Lunatic 1cc (ReimuA)
UFO Lunatic 1cc (ReimuA)
GFW Lunatic 1cc (A1)
TD Lunatic 1cc (Reimu)
DDC Lunatic 1cc (SakuyaA)
LoLK Legacy Lunatic 1cc (Sanae)

Extra
EoSD Extra (ReimuA)
PCB Extra (SakuyaA, SakuyaA NMNBNBB)
PCB Phantasm (SakuyaA)
IN Extra (Border)
MoF Extra (ReimuB)
SA Extra (ReimuA, ReimuA NMNB)
UFO Extra (SanaeB)
TD Extra (Youmu)
DDC Extra (SakuyaA)
LoLK Extra (Sanae)

90FPS
MoF Hard 90FPS 1cc (ReimuA)

EoSD Extra 90FPS (ReimuB)
PCB Extra 90FPS (SakuyaA)
PCB Phantasm 90FPS (SakuyaA)
IN Extra 90FPS (Netherworld)
MoF Extra 90FPS (ReimuB)
SA Extra 90FPS (ReimuA)
UFO Extra 90FPS (SanaeB)
GFW Extra 90FPS
TD Extra 90FPS (Marisa)

Other random stuff
Minamitsu Murasa - Lunatic - Perfect
Vajra of Perfect Buddhism - Lunatic - Timeout
Shoot the Bullet - all clear
Shoot the Bullet - no photo timeouts (stage 1 to 6 excluding 5-4 Phlogistic Rain, 7-5, 7-8, 9-2, 9-3, 10-2, 10-3, EX-5, EX-6)
Double Spoiler - all clear (Aya, Hatate)
Impossible Spell Card - all clear (74/75 no items)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 09:04:03 AM by DarkPermafrost »

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2016, 08:37:22 PM »
I wouldn't really call these that amazing, but:

Classic and Middle Windows Era
EoSD normal 1cc 4/4
PCB normal 1cc 6/6 (including a 3 death run with Sakuya A)
PCB hard 1cc 1/6 Sakuya A
PCB Ran Yakumo 6/6 (including a 1 death run with Sakuya A)
PCB Yukari Yakumo 1/6 Sakuya A
IN normal 1cc all teams
IN hard no continues but not a 1cc - 2/4 teams Reimu & Yukari, Youmu & Yuyuko
IN Fujiwara no Mokou - 1/4 teams Reimu and Yukari
MoF normal 1cc all A and B shot types
MoF Suwako Moriya - Reimu A and Reimu B
SA normal 1cc 1/6 Reimu A
UFO normal  1cc 4/6 Reimu A, Marisa A, Sanae A/B

Modern Windows Era
TD normal 1/cc 4/4
TD normal no death run with Sanae
DDC normal 1cc 4/6 - Reimu A/B, Marisa B, Sakuya A
DDC hard 1cc 1/6 - Sakuya A
DDC Raiko Horikawa - Marisa B, Sakuya A
ISC 39/75 scenes cleared no main items
ISC all scenes cleared with or without items
LoLK PD 2/4 - Sanae, Reisen
LoLK L - Reisen

In a simpler way:

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 08:45:57 PM by The Anti-Person »

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2016, 03:28:24 AM »
(...)

To be honest, I've always had respect for people who take the effort to get used to and beat the games on many (if not all) the shot types, since I usually just pick one that does the job and stick with it.

Some people also pointed out that your checklist looked like an extermination checklist, so I fixed that. :^) [EDIT: downscaled image to 510x600]

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:38:40 AM by DarkPermafrost »

Grrr.
---
YouTube

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2016, 03:31:20 AM »

Well, this came out of nowhere  :V

I wasn't expecting a 1cc, and I definitely wasn't expecting to have 3 extra lives left over  :)
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2016, 07:58:02 PM »
I decided to put down Terminus for a little while to try something else, and it turns out that Reactivate majestical imperial Unreal 1cc is actually much much easier.  I've already got the 1cc (Kuroji Team), but I'm trying to get a decent video of it.  It's not that hard - there are only like ten pain points in the entire game and like six of them are in the first three stages - but it is pretty frustrating.
Got it.  It feels nice to get something in under four months :V

Reactivate majestical imperial Unreal Good End ~ Kuroji Team, 288 Million

with bonus shmupper games done quick content

Reactivate majestical imperial Stage 6 ~ Net -1391 Soul

(Confession:  Normally when I get a good run, I keep playing for a week to see if I get anything better.  This time I skipped that.  I'm pretty happy with what I have.)

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2016, 08:51:04 PM »
I did IN hard yesterday. Was a bit harder than I thought, seeing as I had multiple game overs to Kaguya.

Might re-do this with Eirin as the final boss later.

Neptune

• :D
  • kms
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2016, 08:55:16 PM »
I'm very happy to say that I've beaten LoLK's extra stage, with Reisen.

Admittedly, this wasn't that difficult. I decided to randomly try playing the extra stage, and my first attempt got to her timeout spell, and the second attempt got to her final spell. Thankfully I beat it on the third attempt, so I wasn't too mad about dying on the final spellcard.

I've always wanted to beat this extra stage, and I'm glad that I finally have. :3

Since I actually find this stage fun, I'll probably aim for beating it with either Reimu, Marisa, or Sanae. or maybe all, we'll see.
i like cute stuff

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2016, 07:33:17 AM »
I started uploading and (sarcastically) annotating some of my clears, so here's one of the more recent ones.

Special thanks FoxFanatic (The Greatest Dog) for the strategy and general inspiration.
Spoiler:
Note: ignore any excessive fanboying over said person.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2016, 11:58:19 AM »
I started uploading and (sarcastically) annotating some of my clears, so here's one of the more recent ones.

Special thanks FoxFanatic (The Greatest Dog) for the strategy and general inspiration.
Spoiler:
Note: ignore any excessive fanboying over said person.
Hi there!  I see what you're doing.  (What you're doing is playing one of my favorite games.)

The annotations are mostly good.  The one advice I have is to slow down a little.  Notwithstanding that you're playing at 90FPS and at the beginning a lot of things happen quickly, your average viewer doesn't want to have to pause the video every time you say something.  If you can display an annotation longer without it becoming stale, do so.

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2016, 02:55:52 PM »
Hi there!  I see what you're doing.  (What you're doing is playing one of my favorite games.)

The annotations are mostly good.  The one advice I have is to slow down a little.  Notwithstanding that you're playing at 90FPS and at the beginning a lot of things happen quickly, your average viewer doesn't want to have to pause the video every time you say something.  If you can display an annotation longer without it becoming stale, do so.

O-oh my, I'm honoured. Wow. Uh, I'll keep that in mind and I'll see what I can do. (I just don't want more than one annotation about strategy showing up at the same time.) Thanks!

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2016, 04:20:36 PM »
Shining Shooting Star Extra clear. Not much to say about it, just glad it's over after dying twice to the last card. Not really a big fan of this stage (maingame is a lot better here), so if I keep playing this game it'll be to go for Hard/Lunatic clears. Might work in some timeouts too, we'll see.

Neptune

• :D
  • kms
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2016, 09:04:25 PM »
I have finally cleared MS with someone that isn't Mima.

Gosh, I'm so happy. I really don't play MS all that much, due to how much I hate stage 4, but now that I'm playing it again, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Playing in fullscreen really, really helps.  :V

I used Marisa, and I'm actually really proud of the run. No miss Luize, no miss Alice, NMNB Yuki and Mai, and then NMNB Mai by herself, which really surprised me, and then one miss Yumeko. I died on Shinki four times, but honestly, I don't really care. I'm just I cleared this game with someone that isn't Mima. :D

That all being said, I'm still not looking forward to attempting for a 1cc with Yuuka and Reimu, but I'm sure it won't be that bad.
i like cute stuff

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2016, 05:45:20 AM »
Here's, uh, more stuff I did. TD Ex is so boring.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2016, 02:03:00 PM »
IN Extra clear. Though I'm not very happy with how it happened. I got up late and decided to play for a bit before going out for breakfast, never a good idea. Before the run itself I was making stupid mistakes all over the place, usually immediately restarting. Once I got to Mokou and died twice to her first card, also a restart. Then I finally got a run where I did the stage part within my acceptability threshold... and still made stupid mistakes everywhere. Deaths to two of the early nonspells. Two deaths to Forgiving Shrine, of all things. And yet somehow, that was the successful run. I guess this stage really does have enough resources and easy cards that you can play while still tired and hungry and still make it through :)

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2016, 02:22:59 PM »
Happy belated Cirno Day everyone!

I uploaded a video (a day after Cirno day) for this day with my LNBs in all of GFW's routes for Cirno day, although it took a little too long to make to actually have gotten this uploaded on Cirno day, oh well. Cirno Day special Great Fairy Wars all routes Lunatic No Bombs
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2016, 07:00:44 PM »
SSS hard modo 1CC...on my first try.

Featuring a 0/0 blind capture of the last spellcard in which I flew straight through a wall.  BV

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2016, 07:25:00 PM »
Oh, I should've posted my Cirno Day related accomplishment here yesterday.

In Touhou 14's Spell Practice, I managed to use Sakuya A to capture Cirno's Ice Sign "Ultimate Blizzard" (Lunatic) in under 5 seconds, to get the full spell card bonus of ⑨ million. Took me 329 tries over the previous few days before I pulled it off, and I was wondering for a while if it was even possible, since I was only occasionally getting clears under 6 seconds, but then eventually... I suddenly got a 4.76-second clear!

(My spell card history for that spell with Sakuya A now sits at 149/329.)

Video.
Replay file.

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »
Beaten TD extra with Reimu like 12 hours ago...

Also, here is my ISC chart (green means no main item, yellow means beaten with items and red would mean not beaten yet if there were any scenes left)

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2016, 08:38:47 PM »
Beaten TD extra with Reimu like 12 hours ago...

Also, here is my ISC chart (green means no main item, yellow means beaten with items and red would mean not beaten yet if there were any scenes left)

That chart would actually be pretty handy for comparing clears.
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2016, 12:52:25 AM »
I recently got this nice run of PCB Extra.

Also, here's an update on my progress with StB shenanigans. (The green squares on the right represent no-focus, no-charge and no-vertical restrictions, by the way.)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 03:45:13 AM by DarkPermafrost »

Grrr.
---
YouTube