Author Topic: [Music+Art] Awesome Atelier Album Project DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 55722 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: [Music+Art] Awesome Atelier Album Project
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2010, 07:33:32 PM »
I think it's easier if we use the on-site file system instead of making a group account.
A group account could get messy. :T
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2010, 07:52:48 PM »
Okay Haku~ After deliberating about it, we've decided to have SquidTentacle be the project manager, so questions regarding organization can be directed to him. As for the judgin We have 3 judges on the musician side, and 1 judge on the artist side so far. But you have been requested Haku~ so if ya wanna do it, we will need 1 more artist judge. If not then 2. The only qualification is that ya think ya know somethin about art =p, and you can use IRC.

All pieces will be judged by all 6 judges to make sure its pretty even. Any objections?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
I'll be a judge allright :3

Oh, an important thing to note, although obvious, is that one can't judge one's personal work
                                                                                   .

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2010, 08:59:10 PM »
Sweet, I have a job.

If necessary, I can be a judge of both music and art. I have a good amount of experience with both.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2010, 03:31:00 AM »
I'll be a judge allright :3

Oh, an important thing to note, although obvious, is that one can't judge one's personal work
Now now, judging one's own work is an important part of being an artist/musician altogether.

Also, I would gladly volunteer to be an art judge, if you still require one. Just tell me when you want me to appear in court IRC, and I'll be there.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Drake

« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2010, 03:41:33 AM »
there's a difference between being able to tell where you need improvement and determining whether or not you belong with a certain tier of artists

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2010, 04:13:48 PM »
Hey, I had an idea for the name of the album.
How about "Music compilation of the ones who spirited away" Or something like that xD ...God, my ideas are useless...

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2010, 08:22:03 PM »
let's not yet speculate about the album title.

we'll find one as we go, depending on the songs that will be in it

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2010, 09:08:17 PM »
Alright, whenever people are ready to contribute anything, post it in this thread: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,7041.0.html

I'll edit the first post to list all the current submissions, once you guys actually start submitting.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Formless God

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2010, 11:39:56 PM »
So ... nobody has decided on the most crucial part yet. Who's gonna set up the booth in Comiket ?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2010, 01:53:56 AM »
Who do we know that lives in Japan or can be there during Comiket?
                                                                                   .

Formless God

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2010, 02:44:40 AM »
N-Forza, but is he going to do that for us ?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2010, 02:48:39 AM »
Yeah I thought of him, but he already has his own circle and all the exporting and everything to take care of. :/
                                                                                   .

Autumn

• Autumn is coming!~~~
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2010, 03:18:05 AM »
Well, uh, I do know how to play the guitar and piano.

My digital piano has a few sound effects that actually sounds nice, I have an Akai drum machine/sampler, and I have various Asian-y (heh) instruments around the house so I could help.

I just need to think of some music and practice... (and get a decent camara/recorder)  :ohdear: But when are you expecting these?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2010, 03:23:19 AM »
Before Comiket.
                                                                                   .

Autumn

• Autumn is coming!~~~
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2010, 03:26:15 AM »
Before Comiket.

And thats...? (December?)

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2010, 03:36:54 AM »
And thats...? (December?)

From what I gather.

Formless God

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2010, 03:38:34 AM »
Yeah I thought of him, but he already has his own circle and all the exporting and everything to take care of. :/
And that's why we should deal with that right now. Nobody wants to make a load of music and art just to find out nobody is there to distribute them :/

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2010, 03:44:21 AM »
<<<< was going to make a load of music anyway.

But I agree its best to make plans as early as possible.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2010, 04:05:49 AM »
And that's why we should deal with that right now. Nobody wants to make a load of music and art just to find out nobody is there to distribute them :/

Of course.

It's a big forum, there must be someone else in Japan :S (hopeget)
Also we need more people on IRC.
                                                                                   .

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2010, 09:18:57 AM »
if we can find nobody to do it in comiket there's always local touhou and anime conferences.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »
Yeah, but Comiket would be immensely better.
Also after/if we do work it out, we should think of a way to spread the word about the disc and circle. That's only later, though.
                                                                                   .

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2010, 09:30:55 AM »
If I get to have a position or something on the project, can I be QA for the music part or something?
Erm, unlike the judge, QA checks trial- or end-product stuff like the remix/music's volume (if there are "clipped" parts of the music due to high volume), the cleanliness of the music (no snapping or unnecessary noise along the music), or non-awkwardness of the fadeout / loop of the music. QA disregards the melody, instruments used and other musical aspects in quality checking.
Just an idea.

Of course, before I do that, I oughtta give advice how to achieve these quality sounds I'm mentioning? I've only got the most basic usual faults in recording and editing to look out for >.<;;, but I think it'd help polish end-product music to be as clean as those released in Touhou albums, or even any nice song/music officially released.

i'd like to notify that for those who have no time to make new stuff for this project they can always put their existing songs on it!
and of course, if you got good recording equipment, you can make acoustic arranges too.
Ooh, I'll try completing my set of Touhou fanfares and put'em here then xD

...eh, no use just saying it here, I gotta:
FIRE IT UP, I SAY!!

LET OUR PASSIONS RUN WILD!!
XD

Also for the most part, the musicians have been using the IRC channel #Atelier-Magna, but if we need it we can make the threads.
Will definitely help, especially people with indefinite online access schedule who couldn't see you in #Atelier-Magna everytime he signs in :<

Hey, I had an idea for the name of the album.
How about "Music compilation of the ones who spirited away" Or something like that xD ...God, my ideas are useless...
0A0
That... sounds like we're dead but still going or something.
No ill intentions >.<
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Kommisar

• 8 Bit Chef
  • Jewfro
    • Bluexoon
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2010, 12:20:10 PM »
if you guys make the album pro enough, just keep some copies for both comiket and local cons.

so who do i pm/what email do i send my songs to?
spellcheck lol

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2010, 12:37:39 PM »
Just noting, since I didn't see this mentioned anywhere here: As should be common knowledge, you can't just walk into Comiket and set up a booth. You have to apply, and there's deadlines for that. If you wanna get there, you'd better look into the formalities soon so as to not miss aynthing crucial.

That said, good luck with that project  :)

EDIT: Actually, Drake made a post before implying this very point, but it seems it was ignored.

EDIT 2: In fact, it might be most reasonable if you would, for example, ask N-Forza nicely whether he can sell the album at his circle's booth or something instead of planning to get an own booth. Just throwing that in as a thought  ;)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:44:51 PM by Moe Moe Kogasakana »

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2010, 02:30:02 PM »
@Lloyd I'm not sure that we will need a seperate position for quality control =p But if it does crop up ill keep in mind ya offered~

so who do i pm/what email do i send my songs to?

There should be a thread on the front page for submissions.

Just noting, since I didn't see this mentioned anywhere here: As should be common knowledge, you can't just walk into Comiket and set up a booth. You have to apply, and there's deadlines for that. If you wanna get there, you'd better look into the formalities soon so as to not miss aynthing crucial.

EDIT: Actually, Drake made a post before implying this very point, but it seems it was ignored.

EDIT 2: In fact, it might be most reasonable if you would, for example, ask N-Forza nicely whether he can sell the album at his circle's booth or something instead of planning to get an own booth. Just throwing that in as a thought  ;)

That one cannot walk into Comiket thing =p? Well at any rate, as ive mentioned, im simply not going to be of much use when it comes to this XD From what I understand, N-Forza is quite busy with his own stuff, but I just sent a PM so lets see what he says.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2010, 06:15:48 PM »
As should be common knowledge, you can't just walk into Comiket and set up a booth.
We are aware. But before thinking of appliances and deadlines we first need someone in Japan so.
                                                                                   .

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2010, 12:33:46 AM »
I'm not the one who handles what my circle sells. That's Talka's gig. I wouldn't mind doing it, so long as the quality is sufficient, but how were you planning on covering the cost of printing the CDs?

I can discuss it with Talka, and maybe we can come to some agreement. We weren't planning on selling New Hori-ZUN 3 anyway, so this could possibly take its place.

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
    • Primum Mobile ~ Doujin Circle
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2010, 01:21:25 AM »
Oh, so this would be like the Anthology projects by Machikado-Mapoze?  :]

I could definitely drag my brother to provide a long, epic solo piano song (he's a classical pianist after all) but we are still waiting for the Parsee Anthology books since March... So, yeah, poke Talka about that first? Maybe? :V (I've mailed several times but no replies so far. I don't know what to tell him, he was really looking forward to hear how his song ended, it's a brutal 10 mins Parsee piano arrange... after making such a thing and we don't even know how the freaking book looks! I couldn't find a single picture around except for the front cover)

My bad, that rant should've been in another thread!

Anyway, when I read "Atelier" I thought it was about an Atelier Iris arrange album...

RE-BORN INDISCRIMINATE INSTINCT

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2010, 01:28:59 AM »
I'm not the one who handles what my circle sells. That's Talka's gig. I wouldn't mind doing it, so long as the quality is sufficient, but how were you planning on covering the cost of printing the CDs?

I can discuss it with Talka, and maybe we can come to some agreement. We weren't planning on selling New Hori-ZUN 3 anyway, so this could possibly take its place.

Wonderful. Well we can see about just setting up a donation. I'll put up 20 bucks or so, and more as I get subsequent paychecks.