Author Topic: Post Your Artwork Thread V4 - Bohemian Art-chive in Japanese Red  (Read 222540 times)

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
Re: Post Your Artwork Thread V4 - Bohemian Art-chive in Japanese Red
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »

Did it work ?

try making your shading a little softer. the reason why it looks so similar is because they're too hard.

there's nothing wrong with your shading, but if you're trying to make it look different, softer lines would probably help.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2010, 05:37:41 PM »
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful idea.

... But you better keep addressing the Kirby anime and characters and they should be... Not how 4Kids corrupted them to be.

That would make me quite upset.

Anyway, I'm not too sure about Sikieiki and Komachi. Dedede is immature, and Escargon is intelligent, while happening to play a victim role.
Although the only immature antagonist that comes to mind could be Remilia, with Escargon more likely to be Patchouli than Sakuya.

Personally, I think Mokou could fit the Knuckle Joe / Sirica personality quite well, but this isn't too necessary.

In the end, I'm sorry to say I actually didn't have much to contribute. But this concept is still a big deal to me, considering that Kirby is absolutely awesome and wonderful and super and great and excellent and yeah

Alright, alright, I'll keep addressing the characters by their original names then, and refer to this parody as 'Kiryuko of the Stars'.
Great to see another Hoshi no Kirby fan around here :*

The reason I made Shikieiki Dedede was mainly for that name pun. Shiki also has the highest political position of all the known characters, she's extremely bossy and her hat resembles a crown. Her blue and green outfit also fit Dedede's blue penguin colors. And since Shiki is a judge, judges mostly use hammers, we got Dedede's hammer taken care of too. Shikieiki would be some kind of reverse Dedede: Instead of ruling in a careless and selfish way she'd rule as a strict queen, making lots of rules to make people abide the law and follow of her view of good, and going haywire whenever someone breaks the rules. Despite ruling in the opposite way, she'd still be no better than Dedede. Escargon is a snail, and always thew butt of jokes to Dedede. Komachi is lazy and slow like a snail, and she also gets punished frequently for her blunders by Shiki.

Dedede also hates Kirby's guts because he's an outsider, different and gets all the attention of the kingdom. I could imagine Shiki to dislike Yuyuko too because she's a ghost, and thus mocks the laws of life and death by merely existing. Yuyuko is also extremely careless, in contrast to Shiki's strictness. Dedede buys Demon Beasts to get rid of Kirby and get back in the spotlight himself again. He wants to rule again in his own fashion without some pink marshmallow ruining his plans every day. I can imagine Shiki to be driven to such edges too if it means to keep the order. Since it'd be wrong if she killed someone herself, she'd just get Yuyuko chased away by buying demons from Shinki, who is fully taking advantage of the situation, like Nightmare. Like Dedede, Shiki would slowly learn how to rule in a better fashion along the way, but remaining a bit of a prick anyway.

But I can see why Remi would also be a good pick... She fits Dedede's personality way more. Spoiled, greedy, selfish, stubborn, mean and bossy. She also fits Dedede's royalty style more, and she's also insanely rich like Dedede. She'd be more prone to make ridiculous political decisions for personal gain and amusement. She's also way more violent, allowing her to beat on her minions like the King. She'd also be pompous and gullible enough to fall for Shinki's offers, like Dedede did so many times when Nightmare offered him something. And if Remi would be Dedede, Shiki could be Mayor Len. The Fairy Maids would be the Waddle Doos, and Sakuya would be Waddle Doo! The SDM would function as Dedede's castle, and Dedede's favor of crimson and red fits Remi's favor of scarlet. Patchy would indeed make a good Escargon. Escargon was intelligent, clever and cunning, but ultimaly always ended on the worst end of his and the King's schemes. Patchouli has knows Remi the best and second-longest of all the other SDM members, and I can imagine they thought up quite some plans together, with Remi being the one with the idea and Patchy converting it into a functional plan. And Patchouli's bad health can be reflected in Escargon's snail qualities, not being very fit himself. Perhaps these two are better fit for Dedede and Escargon afterall.

And yes, Mokou's battle style, attitude and revenge complex fit Knuckle Joe's characteristics. Sirica is a bit too cool headed for Mokou, but Knucle Joe fits perfectly. Meiling was a bit too much of a ditz to fit Joe personality-wise. Not sure who should be Sirica now though...
And I think Daiyousei and Cirno would make a better Fumu and Bun afterall. Their personalities fit them better, regarding Daiyousei's big sis complex and Cirno's prankster habits. They also live near the SDM, which fits with the fact that Fumu and Bun live in Dedede's castle. Letty could be either Sir Ebrum or Lady Like, but I'd still need someone for the other role....
But thanks for all the help!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:59:09 AM by OkashiiNaito »

Drake

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2010, 10:14:06 PM »

iscribble+sai

hnnnnngh

i need to draw the entire design now

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Gpop

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2010, 10:16:51 PM »
<3 Nazrin.

Favourite UFO character.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2010, 10:33:12 PM »
Nazu~! *_*

<33333
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2010, 06:49:20 PM »
I thought about posting this in my thread but decided I'd post it here as I want a bit of input really, cause my creativity sucks when it comes to character creates.

Custom character for a danmakufu, I'd made it in paint a while ago but finally installed photoshop so I had a fiddle. excuse lack of actual hands - I was lazy.  :blush:

Character is supposed to be tasked with sending those who aren't supposed to die yet back. Not in the case of reimu or anything, but in the case of near death experiences. The actual purpose of the scythe is to pull people out of the sanzu with the shorter end, and ideally shock them back where they should be with the longer one. Stage 1 boss in the plan.

Any ideas for how to improve the general design or anything, or think its alright? first go i've had at this, I just wanted something generally deathy and to make her look as overshadowed by onozuka as possible  :V

Autumn

• Autumn is coming!~~~
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2010, 03:29:07 AM »
If you want to make it look "deathy" you could try making the cloak and hair a slightly darker color, but it's your choice.

But it still looks very nice and it has a creative design. A double bladed scythe means double the dead bodies  :V

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2010, 06:11:50 AM »
Okay, so a friend of mine in DS' EastGap Club (And like most of the guys in the club) liked the idea of my Koakuma X myself pairing, and I was bored, so the guys dared me to make a Pocky Kiss.

So I whipped up a sketch early that morning and handed it over on the IRC for the people there to see.

At first I got out on this, and as you can see, Koa's chin is quite odd, so Stalker-san our very talented artist) instructed a few fixes.

It was fixed a bit, and she offered to ink and color the picture, which turns out like this hours later:

I just love how things turn out.

All images over 400x400 must be resized or linked or thumbnailed, etc etc etc, please read the stickies ~Matsuri
My bad.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:57:52 AM by [K] Merlin Prismriver »

Autumn

• Autumn is coming!~~~
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2010, 06:46:17 AM »
I like the color and the lines, they make the picture look cute.  :*

mikeKOSA

« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2010, 08:44:58 AM »
well,i havent been drawing anything this past week so to make up for that here's a speed drawing: 

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2010, 03:18:54 PM »
If you want to make it look "deathy" you could try making the cloak and hair a slightly darker color, but it's your choice.

But it still looks very nice and it has a creative design. A double bladed scythe means double the dead bodies  :V

You know I have no idea why, but for some reason I was absolutely set on making this one ginger  :V
Dunno about making the cloak much darker, but I might think about it. What I was wondering of was any kinda pattern or anything I could add anywhere but its got me stumped.

Also yeah double scythe lol. I made it normal at first and then thought thats boring, lets add another end on it and make up an excuse later  :V

Liking the Koa and Yuyuko needs colouring! (how the hell does stuff this qaulity get called a speed drawing?)

Autumn

• Autumn is coming!~~~
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2010, 12:39:11 AM »
well,i havent been drawing anything this past week so to make up for that here's a speed drawing: 

Wow, that is a very nice Yuyuko (you need to start drawing on computer paper >.<)

You know I have no idea why, but for some reason I was absolutely set on making this one ginger  :V
Dunno about making the cloak much darker, but I might think about it. What I was wondering of was any kinda pattern or anything I could add anywhere but its got me stumped.

Also yeah double scythe lol. I made it normal at first and then thought thats boring, lets add another end on it and make up an excuse later  :V

If you want a pattern, you could try to draw a dark aura filled with skulls around her (you know how some Touhou characters have an aura or something surrounding them).

Maybe you could add more blades to the scythe... everyone loves sharp things  :V

mikeKOSA

« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2010, 07:19:52 AM »
Yuyuko needs colouring!
it's likely i will never color that, except if you really want to...

Wow, that is a very nice Yuyuko (you need to start drawing on computer paper >.<)
thanks, and sure i will start drawing on computer paper from now on

Aniimaaa

« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »
I liek drawing Nucleair crow girls... <3
and I hate drawing hands. RAGEEEEEEEEEEE

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd132/Aniimaaa/utsuhouchancolour.png

All images over 400x400 or 150k must be thumbnailed or linked to. Please do this from now on. ~Matsuri
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 05:36:21 PM by Matsuri »

Autumn

• Autumn is coming!~~~
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2010, 02:28:27 AM »
I liek drawing Nucleair crow girls... <3
and I hate drawing hands. RAGEEEEEEEEEEE

It looks pretty nice. But Utsuho wears her cannon on her right arm.

Practice makes perfect, try to draw hands in simple shapes at first and you'll do just fine.  :)

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2010, 07:17:16 PM »
This didn't turn out the way I wanted it, but ehh, at least I tried. :blush:

http://yuuzennoaoshi.deviantart.com/art/Subterranean-Rose-155489606
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Gpop

« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2010, 08:36:49 PM »
* Gpop looks at link

No...must...resist...until...Sunday!

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2010, 10:04:23 PM »
But Utsuho wears her cannon on her right arm.

Open Paintbrush and press flip horizontal  :V

I'm thinking black embroiding on the outfit on my one perhaps. Round the bottom, maybe the sleeves or somewhere near the hood. Aura is an interesting idea though...

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:27:09 AM by Ragathol »

Gpop

« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2010, 09:44:06 PM »
Okay I'm back.
This didn't turn out the way I wanted it, but ehh, at least I tried. :blush:

http://yuuzennoaoshi.deviantart.com/art/Subterranean-Rose-155489606

OH MY GOD THAT IS LOVELY I LOVE YOU <3

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2010, 04:17:21 AM »
http://ragathol.deviantart.com/art/Beholder-of-the-eye-155742412
Slightly NSFW

Just a little. :V That's great. Is there anywhere in particular that checkered part of the background is from? I feel like it's familiar to me for some reason.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2010, 04:45:23 AM »
I think it's based on SA's stage-4 background.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2010, 08:25:36 AM »
for some reason, my scanner didnt scan the whole drawing.... oh well

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2010, 11:59:43 AM »
for some reason, my scanner didnt scan the whole drawing.... oh well

Oh dear lord, I love you for this (figuratively, ofcourse). This is wonderful. What you managed to scan is great enough as it is.
Her right hand (from her viewpoint) looks a bit off though.

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2010, 05:37:25 PM »
Just a little. :V That's great. Is there anywhere in particular that checkered part of the background is from? I feel like it's familiar to me for some reason.
Thanks. Yes, it's the glassed windows from Satori's stage background. And some extra, general color dots.

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2010, 02:54:19 AM »
http://ragathol.deviantart.com/art/Beholder-of-the-eye-155742412
Slightly NSFW

I'm so glad I didn't open this up during class today.
Though, I'm quite impressed.
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Drake

« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2010, 07:57:59 AM »
I drew Arashi. Drawan hands flowed well tonight.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2010, 04:11:56 PM »
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/062/9/9/Frandre_going_peepee_by_yo_chaosangel.png

there is no way I am keeping it 400x400 when it is this cute.

But i did make one side 400.

Long time no see people, been busy doing uni work, infact, midterm next week.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 10:27:34 PM by Kilgable »

*Pixiv Link contains NSFW content*

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2010, 10:14:01 PM »
ATTN everyone: Oh come on. Keep it. It's 180KB. Is that really a problem?