Author Topic: [Art] Torpedo's Artention whoring dump thread  (Read 4598 times)

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
[Art] Torpedo's Artention whoring dump thread
« on: February 07, 2010, 03:56:46 AM »
So, since joining I've become artistic all over again (damn you touhou and your huge fanbase of arty people for inspiring me to draw!) And it mainly seems to happen when I hear a new touhou mix.

Anyway, without further delay...

Posted in art thread already - TENGU TOPPA GURREN LAGANN

A version without glasses, because we all know some people like em with, some without  ;)

Random scribble I did late one night listening to 3rd eye, Think its appropiate lol.

Listening to a very military sounding mix of tomboyish daughter that made me imagine a military cirno, and of course, thats what happened.

And thanks to the wonders of microsoft word contrast up button, Copy paste, and MSpaint, heres a coloured version too!

I've got more to come, So i thought this more appropiate than posting in comunity thread. Ive got a short comic I drew yesterday involving this character I made up, The photo come out crap, but it doesnt matter as the actual strip I'll scan in monday if i remember.

Well, its an andriod powered by a dark matter reactor hes just ripped out and is about to throw at someone. Why not? But yeah, scan up soon as really.

My first DA submission (mario portal GIF) and others I thought deserve a mention.

Full sizes can be found on DA account
http://luketorpedo.deviantart.com/

Dunno why I stopped doing 3D actually, maybe because it consumed too much of my time. Made some cool buildings too, now im curious If i should do an SDM sometime *ponders*

Well thats all for now. Got 2 images I could add, but both are on my DA and in community art, so Isn't worth posting them and making this even more longwinded.

So, er, comments?

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Re: [Art] Torpedo's Artention whoring dump thread
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 04:16:47 AM »
If you can do 3D buildings and backgrounds, I am sure Ijiatsu project could use your help.
cool fighter jet design there man.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 04:33:44 AM »
Hmm I can do images and solid models, But I dont know anything about how to make them interact within a game or program. Best I could do would be provide rigid models, if i download sketchup again lol.

I'll download it at some point and get a screen shot up of the last building I did.

Thanks for the comment about the fighter :D I was well pleased how it came out at the time too lol.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 07:47:27 PM »
"Quickie" Just done now. I was thinking about how sometime I wouldnt mind making a blog, and thought maybe I should make some kinda touhou themed related banner.

I'm an engineer, I like touhou, and I'm Torpedo on the internet.
Result - Touhou's engineer riding/disarming a torpedo.

Didnt really come out so well motionwise and wish I was better at faces lol. Also may have been better if I greyscaled THEN shrank it, being daft I did it the other way round then noticed my mistake after being nearly finished lol  :-\ couldnt be arsed to do it again by then, I'd fixed most of the lines I wanted to by this point.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 05:12:51 AM »
I'll download it at some point and get a screen shot up of the last building I did.

Right, I said I'd do it, so here we go (even though there hasn't been much interest in the thread lol) . . .  :(

Promised building and a few uploads of some old models. Just click the thumbnail to go to the appropiate DA page.  :)  (hope that methods alright with people, took a while to set up lol)

EDIT : shot of inside of tavern, forgot to add it lol. Bland I know, but thought I'd add it to make it clear this thing isnt a solid brick lol.

More spaceship models

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 05:15:17 AM by Torpedo »

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 06:32:58 PM »
Can see some tumbleweeds in this thread but nevermind, keeping up the art dump lol. I did a touhou related picture, and thats in the main Artwork thread. My guess is thats where the touhou stuff belongs and everything else is your own thread?  ??? meh, postan

Couple of scribbles of different exo's... 1st one is more of a tank, 2nd is a worn suit with longer arms than the user, and an extra leg joint that follows the ankle. I've got no idea how he controls the wings lol.

Updates to DA spaceships, these are actually new, but im not impressed with the texturing on the destroyer. Maybe I'll come back to it at some point.

Wonderful "No Prizes" to the person who can guess what the 2nd ship is inspired by, lol.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 04:49:02 PM »
Your stuff is actually p cool.

Engineer creativity *brofist*

Also off: I wanna talk to you about stuff.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .