Author Topic: Anex86 font problems  (Read 3190 times)

Anex86 font problems
« on: August 20, 2010, 09:36:08 AM »
So I finally managed to acquire the PC-98 games, as well as a copy of Anex86. The games themselves work fine, but the fact that the Japanese characters show up as random alphanumerics kind of bothers me. Baity provided me with a font file, but I can't seem to get the emulator to use it; when I select the file from the Font tab of the Config window, absolutely nothing happens. The file name field remains empty, and the preview window remains the same as before I chose the file. Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Momiji

• Cya
Re: Anex86 font problems
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 03:54:22 PM »
Some weird permissions issue?  What OS are you using?

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 06:25:42 PM »
Font file or no, it does have to be run in Japanese locale to display Japanese, so make sure you're doing that.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 06:38:57 PM »
Font file or no, it does have to be run in Japanese locale to display Japanese, so make sure you're doing that.
How would I do that?

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 10:12:58 PM »
Huh, I've never had to do that with anex before, it's always been fine.
Also, are you clicking the right button for the font area in the config. You should be clicking the "..." button by the name field, not the "Font" button itself.
If that isn't the case, try downloading anex again. Maybe when you downloaded it, something messed up and the program is a dud.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>