Author Topic: Another problem. :V  (Read 3394 times)

Kanako Yasaka

Another problem. :V
« on: January 18, 2010, 07:21:34 PM »

Whenever I get to any sort of dialogue that happens.

Of course the background music text thing and any other text looks perfectly fine.

Emulator worked just fine on XP and it's the exact same files (I copied the folder from my external to my laptop)

Yes, I am running it in Japanese locale.

Re: Another problem. :V
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 08:58:18 PM »
Which emulator is that?

Emulator worked just fine on XP and it's the exact same files (I copied the folder from my external to my laptop)

That comment leads me to believe your laptop isn't running XP, which OS is that screenie from/running on your laptop?

Marisa: Okay, okay, I give up. You're right. The endless night, stealing the full moon, Hiding the human village, and putting hats on stone statues.
It's all Alice's fault.
Now, bitch, get out of the way!

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 09:02:07 PM »
NEXT, and Windows 7.

Matsuri

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 09:03:15 PM »
I'm going to guess that your roms are fucked up.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 04:40:47 AM »
Looks like DOS couldn't read the disk image, it's the "abort, retry, fail" message.  So yeah, what Matsuri said.  Try transferring the files over again.

Also, you shouldn't need to run T98Next in Japanese text mode (at least if it's the English version from here).

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 06:19:04 AM »
ReDLed ROMs, ReDLed NEXT. Same issues still. Everything works perfectly fine with shitAnex86.

Matsuri

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 06:31:33 AM »
Beats me, then.

I know you can set up Anex to be actually playable if you tweak the settings just right. I don't remember who it was who uses it over NEXT, though. Baity? Donut? *shrug*

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 07:27:54 AM »
Based on what I can see, I'm willing to be it has something to do with OS and emulation incompatibility/ies. Not much can be done about that AFAIK... as I am a XP user.

And no, I'm not the one who uses Anex over NEXT.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 08:22:45 AM »
Why do people hate Anex all of a sudden? I've been using it for years, it works well, and at one point it was the emulator to use for the PC-98 Touhou games. What does NEXT do better?