Author Topic: Anyone else use the Vorbis compressor? Avast has started blocking it.  (Read 1482 times)

Goldom

• Whee
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Touhou_Vorbis_Compressor

I've had this patch running for a few years without issue, but a recent Avast update has caused it to flag dsound.dll and thvorbis.dll as "suspicious" when I try to run the game. I'm 99% sure it's a false alarm, given that individual scans of the files turn up clean, and because it's been out for years and I've never heard of or had personal trouble with it. I figure it's just a matter of Avast going "something's injecting code in real time OHNO!" but thought I'd ask for others' opinions.

Re: Anyone else use the Vorbis compressor? Avast has started blocking it.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 12:01:14 AM »
Maybe you should try to email Avast support team and ask, probably they can say something useful about it.
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Goldom

• Whee
Re: Anyone else use the Vorbis compressor? Avast has started blocking it.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 04:10:50 AM »
Good idea. I submitted them through the Web contact form. The first time it happened, I went to submit it as a false positive within the program, but that form asked lots of questions that I couldn't answer, not being the creator... But I just found the Web form for file submissions and it had a generic comment box, so I asked them to look into it.

No idea if they'll give a personal response though, being just a free user.

Edit: Got an email back:

Hello,

it will be fixed in next VPS.
I include your software into Whitelist.

So that's good.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:36:40 AM by Goldom »