Author Topic: The New Generation (Story) (May contain TD spoilers)  (Read 92748 times)

Re: The New Generation (Story) (May contain TD spoilers)
« Reply #360 on: October 23, 2011, 05:33:37 AM »
"If I closed my third eye for a while- oh, nevermind. So, how much thoughts I hear depends on how open my third eye is?" Chiseki asked. Her hair started to make her feel sleepy and messy, so she pushed it to her back. The more she walked, the more messy it became. She would need to put something on her hair to keep it straight. Another mental note was added.

Satori didn't leave the palace so much? It was a wonder how she had found her, then. Something inside Chiseki's mind clicked; that means something special must have happened to Satori before she found the newborn. What could it have been? Then she remembered that they were going to the surface, whatever that meant, to meet with some other people, and she and others, the third party, needed to be there as well. Chiseki couldn't quite place her finger on this matter, but she knew that there would be answers soon.

Hearing Koishi's disdain for satoris' (OOC: way to go pluralizing foreign words Crow) third eyes was an explanation of sorts to why her third eye was closed. People were afraid of these eyes? Chiseki still couldn't see why. It was just a body part that allowed her to hear thoughts.

Maybe she would see why later. There has to be a reason for being born with it. Satori handled it just fine, but her sister couldn't. Still more questions were raised in Chiseki's mind, but she bit them back. She had just witnessed anger, not in thought, but in words, and it was even scarier than its mental counterpart. It would get stronger if she kept talking about it.

"Well, let's go already. Lead the way."

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #361 on: October 23, 2011, 05:53:30 AM »
Sonae

Keine nodded. ?Yes, Hakutaku. There is no real way to describe it, it just is what it is. While human, I can conceal history. While a Hakutaku, I can create it.?

?It means I cannot die,? Futo explained. ?Well, technically speaking, anyway. It's not something I am going to get into much, I doubt you would understand."

Keine looked down at the mention of immortality. "...I wonder how she's doing..." she muttered. Futo didn't seem to hear her.

Dorakyura

Yuugi shrugged. ?I call a lot of people kid. Besides, I doubt you're as old as I am, so it still applies, but if it bothers you that much...? She then listened to Hilde's explanation. ?I see... so Komeiji knows what's up, eh?? A grin spread across her face in response to the question. ?Oh, danmaku is a lot of fun.? She formed a red arrowhead of energy in her hand. ?pretty much every Youkai can make danmaku, even fairies. You pretty much just throw it at people until they lose, but there are spellcard rules and stuff. Spellcards are like big collections of danmaku.?

(OOC: Just for the record, the bunnying of Yuugi is bugging me. I know it's minor, but rules are rules.)

Hanzo and Marokuu
(OOC: Going to wait on Marokuu here.)

Youkai Jesus

The fairies followed him to the door, then stopped. They looked between each other, then disappeared. ?We don't want them to find us. Bye, mister!?

As Arasoi entered the hallway, he heard voices from the kitchen. There, he found Mima and Marisa, but not Suika. ?Oh, there you are,? Mima said, looking at him. ?Suika left. She got what she needed, but she said we'll see her later today.?

Berzul

With some effort, Yoshiko managed to squeeze past the ghosts into the shrine, despite their efforts. She was in a long hallway, flanked by closed doors. In the distances, one was slightly ajar, and she could hear Youmu's voice coming from it.

MFZBdude

Meiling blinked, and pulled away as Ark started tracing the star on her hat. ?It's my hat. Why is that so weird...??

?Dn't worry about her, she's kinda slow,? Cirno said, nodding sagely. Meiling just stared at her, frowning. ?Well, it's okay. She's juts my servant, and I'm genius for the both of us!?

XinXin

Fairy maids turned to them startled. Koakuma tilted her head in confusion. ?Yeah. What's so weird about that...??

GuardianTempest and Sour
(OOC: Um... you seem to have misunderstood. That whole thing about the barrier? Yeah, that didn't happen. Which means she didn't faint. Which means she shouldn't be waking up now. Abilities won't be happening until later, if at all.)

Crow Cakes

?Well, that and control over it. But yes, let's get going.? Koishi stood up from where she had been sitting, and stretched, before leading Chiseki out of the palace.

The onslaught of thoughts wasn't as bad as the previous evening. ?Big Sis said she found you during happy hour, so Oni were all over the place. It's a bit less busy now.? Still, the sea of thoughts was a bit overwhelming.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #362 on: October 23, 2011, 06:04:24 AM »
Yoshiko would gently float towards it in order to listen to what Youmu is saying. She would also make sure that no one is following her now, closing the door behind her should do the work no? But it's not alike she could now escape the same way... in any case she would try to hide somewhere if she would be spotted, maybe in some of those closed doors?

« Reply #363 on: October 23, 2011, 06:51:15 AM »
"History? Die?" Sayuri looked uneasy for a moment. But not even a second later she looked up towards the sky.
After a moment, she lowered her gaze and spoke "What happened to the lights?" She asked softly.
Just then she recalled something rather important to her small world.
"Oh! Futo, are we going to travel Gensokyo?" she asked, her tail waving faster. "Is this it? Or is there..." She mumbled as her eyes drifted towards the skyline. There she saw a large mountain, but she didn't know what it was. So the young spirit pointed at the oversized hill and asked Keine what it was.

((Wasn't sure if Sayuri heard Keine or not))

Wolfsbane706

• Knight of the Accursed Order
  • Boredom is contagious.
« Reply #364 on: October 23, 2011, 07:01:01 AM »
Ark smiled nervously and stepped back to give Meiling some room.  She glared at Cirno for a second afterwards, irritated at being called "slow" when she just hadn't learned about stuff yet.  She turned back to Meiling, who was also looking at Cirno.  "I'd like to meet the vampire who lives here."  The way she said it was without any knowledge about vampires, and so it came out with alot less dignity and charisma than just reading the words would suggest.  "I'd also like to meet anyone else who lives here.'  She turned to Cirno again before adding more to her requests.  "Cirno said something about a really mean maid living here?"  She put her finger on her chin as she tried to remember Cirno's exact description.  The more she thought about it, though, the more she figured that "really mean maid" fit better than anything else she could think of.  Kinda sad and kinda true at the same time.  After all, Ark hadn't actually met this "really mean maid" yet.  For all she knew, the "really mean maid" might not be "really mean" after all.
[15:30] * Wolfsbane706 pitfalls Roukan.
[15:30] <Roukan> WHAT WHY
[15:31] * Roukan aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*splat*
[15:32] <Wolfsbane706> That's the funniest reaction I've seen yet.
[15:34] * Roukan thumbs-up from beyond the grave.

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #365 on: October 23, 2011, 07:29:00 AM »
Let's just pretend that was gapped by Yukari.
RETCON
------------------------

"Fly you say? Too bad, I can't." Heal answered shamefully, "But I can...assume defense?"

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #366 on: October 23, 2011, 10:16:16 AM »
Ohuku's brow was furrowed, determination visible in her eyes. "You... have a friend right?"

She flew so that she could look at Momiji eye to eye. "You catched me, before." She grabbed Momiji's hand and looked down before speaking more softly. "You're my friend, I need to be there to catch you."

She let go of Momiji's hand and flew back a short bit. "I'm coming with you. If you want me to stay, make me." As she finished her sentence she swung her arms through her hair, spreading it out so that it hung all around her instead of just behind her head.

(OOC: Note for the future, any improper tenses or slightly made up words in Ohuku's speech is intentional)
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

« Reply #367 on: October 23, 2011, 01:17:07 PM »
(OOC: Just for the record, the bunnying of Yuugi is bugging me. I know it's minor, but rules are rules.)
(ooc: never had the intention to do so)

"Firing a bunch of projectiles at the others? That's all? Sounds kind of lame..." Hilde took a look at her helbard.
"Is there even a place for close combat?" she mumbled. 'When everyone is doing danmaku, I should think about a way to do so aswell...'

With Yuugi it was easy to find a road to the center of the city. Hilde looked up a big house that seemed to be the main hall of the city.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #368 on: October 23, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »
Well, good news.
Friend's loaning me their laptop, and another friend's gonna do some repairwork on my laptop.
And in addition, I'm feeling much better than last post. Guess all I needed to do was catch up on my sleep.
...I'm really regretting doing those random 24-hours-no-sleep stunts several times in a week...Even though I took most of the days in between to recover, it still seems to have negatively affected me.

Come to think of it, I know a quote that describes me quite well.
Some people can't sleep because they have Insomnia, I can't sleep because I have Internet Access.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #369 on: October 23, 2011, 11:35:49 PM »
Hanzo and Marokuu
(OOC: That's good to hear. Yeah, you should get a more standard sleeping schedule.)

Momiji looked between the two and sighed, before turning away, scratching her cheek. ?F-fine. But, promise me this.? She turned to Ohuku. A tint of red was on her face, but she looked completely serious. ?If anything bad happens, I want you to run. Got it? Don't try to be a hero. I don' care if whatever caused that explosion captures me and holds a knife in front of my throat, I want you to run and alert the Great Tengu. Got it??

Utsuho nodded at Hotaru, lifting up her arms a bit as a gesture to the swords. ?Still got 'em.?

Momiji turned back towards the source of the explosion. ?...Well. Let's go, then.? The four flew off to investigate the cause.

- - -

They landed at the remains of a shack. Burnt wood lay all around them, smoke rising into the sky. Momiji stepped forward. ?Nitori! Nitori, are you alright?!?

?I am more than alright. I am extraordinary.? They turned to see a girl with blue hair and a blue dress walking towards them from out of the wreckage. Her clothes were a bit burnt, and she was looking down, her hair obscuring her eyes. ?Not sure if I can say the same for the other two.?

Utsuho tilted her head. ?Unyu? Other two??

Nitori looked up at them. She was grinning like a boy who had just fried an ant on the sidewalk. Her eyes glowed a faint red, as though someone had gone over them with a thin layer of red paint. ?Hina and the fox.? There was movement from her backpack. ?They got away. I wonder how you'll fare?? an arm flew out, heading for Ohuku, its claw opening and closing. It bounced off Momiji's shield as she stepped in front of the jellyfish.

BGM: Candid Foe

Utsuho raised her arm as Momiji drew her sword. Nitori's grin only grew. ?Oh my. Nice shield you have there. But can it block this?? Two pillars rose out of her backpack. They were covered in small circles on the front. Red tips appeared, and a volley of missiles fired out. This time, Utsuho stopped the onslaught; she fired of a small sun, which the missiles rammed into. ?Tch. Four on one's not fair, you know.? Two spheres of water appeared; they formed into two shapes, each wearing a dress. Slowly, they formed into more complex shapes, until they were only distinguishable from people by their color.

Momiji blinked. ?...Marisa and Hina.?

They grinned, and curved out in a pincer, cutting the two younger Youkai off from Momiji and Utsuho as they went to meet Nitori.

(OOC: Okay, first real battle, since the outcome Arasoi vs Marisa was set in stone, and it was only one on one. Basically, you now gain control of your Touhou partner, as well as the opponent you are currently facing. Water!Hina and Water!Marisa function about the same as their fleshy counterparts, except their movements are a bit more fluid. Nitori fights mostly with water (the control of water is her ability, after all), missiles, and her extending arms. Well, for now, at least. Since Momiji and Okuu are both fighting Nitori, try to keep that part of the fight balanced. And don't make it too one-sided on any end of the field. Momiji and Okuu can assist Ohuku and Hotaaru if need be, but remember that they are a tad bit preoccupied. And if you think that you can have Momiji and Okuu play off each other in a way where you don't need to have me update after every set of posts, go ahead. You won't win yet, for the record. Anyway, unless you have any questions, here's some info and such.

Groups
Momiji & Utsuho: vs Nitori
Ohuku: vs Water!Hina
Hotaru: vs Water!Marisa
Hina: ?
Kanade: ?

Anyway, I'll get to everyone else later. A bit busy now.)

« Reply #370 on: October 23, 2011, 11:46:00 PM »
((Question. Will long fight scenes [see:MokouVsCirno from EoG Topic 2 page 4] be allowed in any way shape or form?))

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #371 on: October 24, 2011, 02:12:46 AM »
((Question. Will long fight scenes [see:MokouVsCirno from EoG Topic 2 page 4] be allowed in any way shape or form?))

You mean MokouVSExCirno/EXAngelOfDeathHydraliskCirno.
-

-This space will be edited soon)

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #372 on: October 24, 2011, 03:06:21 AM »
Personally speaking, I'd feel more comfortable if you controlled Nitori and the Water-Clones, I'm worried that I'd end up making it too one-sided no matter what.
Besides, I'm likely to make a lot of shout-outs with Hotaru's attacks.
Why do you think she's got a pair of Shotel among her list of weapons? They aren't just for show, so expect shout-outs to Gundam Sandrock, Destiny Gundam, and a lot more.

Besides, just controlling one character is tricky enough, but having effectively three to control? Cue brainstrain.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #373 on: October 24, 2011, 03:13:52 AM »

(OOC: Well, battles in this will be a bit less formulaic than battles in EoG (no offense, Katelin.) Basically, whereas in EoG you usually end up fighting one person and stick with fighting them, battles here will be much more frantic, especially when there are more enemies on the field. Plus, there will often be more than one person fighting the same enemy at once, and you can't hog the fight. Long story short, no, they will not.)

Personally speaking, I'd feel more comfortable if you controlled Nitori and the Water-Clones, I'm worried that I'd end up making it too one-sided no matter what.
Besides, I'm likely to make a lot of shout-outs with Hotaru's attacks.
Why do you think she's got a pair of Shotel among her list of weapons? They aren't just for show, so expect shout-outs to Gundam Sandrock, Destiny Gundam, and a lot more.

Besides, just controlling one character is tricky enough, but having effectively three to control? Cue brainstrain.

(OOC: Well, while I understand your grievance, there's a problem with only me controlling them as well. Unlike text adventures, where you can have one-offs between the players and the parser and still get a lot done in one day, it would be harder in this. It would essentially be you posting an attack, me posting a dodge/getting hit and an attack, you posting a dodge/getting hit and an attack, etcetera. While that's fine with text adventures, where you get multiple posts from each side in one day, I usually only have the time for one or two updates per day due to real life and having so freaking many players. So, battles would be either end up being incredibly short in game time, or incredibly long in real life time. Hence why I prefer to do it this way. Of course, if you still think this is a problem, we can discuss it via PM.

Anyway, will be updating soon. Hopefully in less than an hour, but possibly more.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 03:17:00 AM by Unconditional Squawkers »

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #374 on: October 24, 2011, 04:07:29 AM »
Berzul
(OOC: Okay, here's the thing. You're not suggesting what she'd do. You actually control her movements, either in active past tense or active present tense. Not ?Maybe she would do this? but ?She then did this? or ?She then does this.? It's not even the ?she would then? as much as the ?Maybe in some of those closed doors?? You control her, I just control the world around her. I don't mean to keep nagging you like this, but giving me suggestions for her to do things isn't how RPing works. I won't make you re-type this post, but please try to avoid this in the future.)

The room Yoshiko entered seemed to be some sort of sitting room. She could hear Youmu in the room next to the one she had hidden herself in. ?...still don't see why she's so important. Seems kind of dull, to be honest.?

?She's a child. Of course she seems slow at first.? That was definitely Yuyuko's voice. ?She didn't really tell me what was so important about her, so I'm not sure myself. I just know that the two of you are involved somehow.?

?It would be nice if this person had actually told you what was happening. Or told you who she is, for that matter.?

?Oh, I'm sure she has her reasons. After all, if she were to tell us everything that was going on right now, there's a chance it would leak. And if she revealed her identity, nosy little girls like you would go after her looking for answers~?

The door to the room Yoshiko was hiding in opened. Standing in the doorway were Youmu and Yuyuko. ?Nosy little girls like you and Yoshiko~?

Sonae

?It's just cloudy out is all,? Keine explained. ?History is the recounting of things that have happened, and dying is... Well, not living any more. I guess.?

?Well, this is part of Gensokyo. We have been in Gensokyo the whole time,? Futo answered.

?That would be Youkai Mountain. Home to various Youkai, including the Kappa and the Tengu.? Keine looked over at the mountain, furrowing her brow. ?Hm. Must be a forest fire.? Indeed, smoke was rising up from the mountain. ?Well, that happens some times. It's a natural process, though. Even if it is a bit sad.?

MFZBdude

Meiling considered this. ?Well, while I can't let you meet the Mistress, I suppose I don't see any harm in letting you meet the 'really mean maid.'? She looked around, then walked over and opened the gates. ?Go right in, but try not to cause too much trouble.?

Cirno and Rumia began walking to the mansion.

Sour and GuardianTempest

Byakuren nodded. ?Of course. Follow them to the village, and only go in to aide them if things turn nasty.?

Shou turned to Minako from the air, nodded, and began flying towards the human village.

Dorakyrua
(OOC: Well, saying things like ?Yuugi, dissatisfied with this, took a sip of her sake? or things like that is still bunnying. Like I said, it's minor, so don't worry about it too much, but still.

Also, I kind of figured Town Hall would be, like, in the palace. More of a council than a town hall, really, but it was the best thing I could think of at the time. Well, too late for that, I suppose.)

Yuugi shrugged. ?Well, you try to dodge the stuff, is the thing. You try to dodge it, and make cards that are hard to dodge. Without actually being impossible, of course. And Oni do sometimes get into physical fights. Since we don't live above ground any more, some of us like to ignore the spellcard rules. They're still relatively new down here. So, there are still some close-combat fights.?

(OOC: Also, Hanzo and I decided that he'd control the Hotaru and Water!Hina aspect of the fight, while I'd control Utsuho as usual for now. Of course, later on, everyone will control their Touhou partner, but that's not going to happen yet. I can understand not wanting to control four characters, one of which you have to share with somebody else.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:43:13 AM by Unconditional Squawkers »

« Reply #375 on: October 24, 2011, 04:48:41 AM »
Minako turns to Shou, takes her spear in one hand, then springs through the air to land next to Heal, placing a friendly hand on the armored figure's shoulder. "From what Shou tells me, all youkai, like us, can learn to fly eventually, wings or no. It will come to you, with time. I just had a head start."
With a respectable bow to Byakuren, Minako launches herself into the air again, and sets off after Shou. It takes her a few moments to catch up to her fellow lancer, and when she does, she wears a slightly concerned expression. "Are you certain it was wise to leave Byakuren and the temple with enemies about? Nothing against... Nazrin, I believe it was, but she doesn't seem as strong as you."

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #376 on: October 24, 2011, 05:36:41 AM »
(OOC: Also, Hanzo and I decided that he'd control the Hotaru and Water!Hina aspect of the fight, while I'd control Momiji as usual for now. Of course, later on, everyone will control their Touhou partner, but that's not going to happen yet. I can understand not wanting to control four characters, one of which you have to share with somebody else.)
(OOC: I just have to quickly get this question on the record before I head off to work but I hope you meant you'd control Okuu as usual, I have not started writing the scene yet but I have plans of my own for Momiji. I'll probably have posted before you can respond to this but hey, just in case eh?)

(Abysmal fight scene coming soon.)

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #377 on: October 24, 2011, 05:42:46 AM »
(OOC: I just have to quickly get this question on the record before I head off to work but I hope you meant you'd control Okuu as usual, I have not started writing the scene yet but I have plans of my own for Momiji. I'll probably have posted before you can respond to this but hey, just in case eh?)

(Abysmal fight scene coming soon.)

(OOC: Yeah, I mean Okuu. Sorry.)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #378 on: October 24, 2011, 05:46:44 AM »
(OOC: Oh yeah, and I was slated to fight Water!Marisa wasn't I?)

(Tengu are getting ready now, please wait warmly.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #379 on: October 24, 2011, 07:57:51 AM »
OOC: I'm gonna get this text wall up before everyone else puts their own.

Chiseki's head began throbbing inwardly. It was happening again, but less aggressively. This wasn't worrying her so much, but it was a signal that she had better do something soon.

The satori fixed her third eye on a random person in the crowd in front of them. The eyeball squinted, and within a moment, there were results. His thoughts became more prominent in Chiseki's mind, but the background still persisted, just loud enough to still be annoying.

This was bugging her. Listening intently to someone think about the next fun thing to occur in their lives took a lot more attention out of the child than it should have. Trying to walk forward, she realized that she was completely oblivious to everything around her except the person she was eavesdropping on. That was one plan foiled.

She shook out of the daze. Her third eye plunged her mind back into the sea of consciousnesses, and it was frighteningly a reflexive action. Unlike her normal eyes, its "vision" saw everywhere, which promptly confused Chiseki, because it was most of it was wrapped in flesh, and nothing could see through flesh.

She pulled back the skin on her hand and let go. It slapped back in place, making her wince at the small pain. No, she couldn't see through it.

Snapping out of her daydream, she blinked. It wasn't completely obvious, thankfully, but it probably wouldn't go unnoticed by Koishi, who was leading her through the town.

Being reminded of Koishi reminded her of another thing. Stopping for a second, she took the upper lid of her third eye and pulled it down. Her third eye now resembled a closed purse.

Immediately, the clamor of the crowd became quiet. No thoughts were heard anymore, instead, it was the noise of shouting and laughing she heard. Chiseki almost smiled, but was stopped by a sudden sensation.

She felt her own consciousness going blank for a while. It felt like it was expanding. She couldn't help but stop in her tracks, frozen and wide-eyed. She felt something go bigger and bigger and blanker and blanker but she couldn't figure out what. Her vision also expanded and so did her eyes. And all of a sudden it was like her thoughts became quiet too and she could hear nothing but her own questions. Her vision began narrowing and normalizing but it also began growing a bit dim and it was like sleeping. Sleeping felt nice and it wouldn't hurt to stop for a while and-

Someone bumped Chiseki hard. She let go of the eyelid and, just like that, promptly staggered forward. Her feet almost tripped when she caught up with Koishi, who had gone farther while the younger satori was locked in a trance.

Yet another note was tacked on: she would never try that again. It made more sense why what Koishi accomplished was something that couldn't be done.

Cradling the external eyeball in her hand, Chiseki tried the last option: half closing it. As she continued following Koishi, she put the upper eyelid down again, but not all the way, in an attempt not to commit the same mistake as earlier.

Again, the streams of consciousnesses pouring into Chiseki's own weakened considerably, although the hushed tones were still annoying. At least this time, she herself didn't lose alertness. It was like grogginess or sleepiness, now.

Letting go of the flap of skin, what she feared a while back became true. It took a good chunk of effort to keep it like that, leaving little attention she could pay. Had Koishi been talking, she would have missed a lot of what she said.

"Wait a minute." Had Koishi been talking? Chiseki didn't even realize if the other had been talking at all. If she had missed an entire explanation and more, she was in hot water, and it was still pboiling.

She had to check if that was the case. Chiseki quickly set her third eye on Koishi, only to hear nothing. She had apparently forgotten that she couldn't actually read her mind, no matter how much she tried. The only thing she heard was the same silence she had experienced while her third eye was closed.

Before retreating from the silent mind, she realized something. Koishi's mind was quiet. The background was soft.

Chiseki beamed.

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

« Reply #380 on: October 24, 2011, 08:25:01 AM »
(OOC: Well, saying things like ?Yuugi, dissatisfied with this, took a sip of her sake? or things like that is still bunnying. Like I said, it's minor, so don't worry about it too much, but still.

Also, I kind of figured Town Hall would be, like, in the palace. More of a council than a town hall, really, but it was the best thing I could think of at the time. Well, too late for that, I suppose.)

(OOC: Then I'm sorry  :o won't do it again)

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #381 on: October 24, 2011, 08:53:18 AM »
Heal acknowledged Byakuren with a firm salute then begins walking off, only to be interrupted by Minako. After her statement, while she flies off, she replies "But then it would be rather awkward to see a suit of armor flying like paper, aesthetics....aesthetics..." Afterwards she starts jogging after them in a brisk pace, to preserve her stamina. "Wait! My lord is un....I guess.......I must do as she asks."

« Reply #382 on: October 24, 2011, 09:45:50 AM »
"Oh.." Sayuri mumbles, blinking. As Futo speaks she turns to her. "How big is Gensokyo?" She asks. She then turns her attention back to Keine. "Kappa? Tengu?" She repeated. "Forest...fire...?" She said as her gaze slowly drifted towards the mountain. As she watched the smoke rise, the young spirit felt a tinge of sadness while watching it. Somehow, this thing called smoke seemed...lonely. A faint frown slid across the girl's child-like face. A solemn silence enveloped the group for a minute. Finally, Sayuri turned back to Keine, all signs of sadness gone.
"So what's danmaku like?" She asked innocently, curiousity lighting up her eyes.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #383 on: October 24, 2011, 11:27:32 AM »
As would anyone be, Yoshiko was surprised seeing the situation change so sudden, but it was to late to escape now. She wasn't sure what to do, so she did the first thing that came to her mind. She bowed deeply asking for forgiveness.

"I.. I am truly story truly sorry that I nose down here like this" Said Yoshiko keeping her head down, awaiting for a response.

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #384 on: October 24, 2011, 02:32:42 PM »
(OOC: Jegus this is probably the most extensive RP entry I've ever written and I even sorta cut it short to give time for stuff to happen, I'm not confident enough to make a whole scene without intervention just yet :ohdear:)

"Get away from there Ohuku!" Momiji yelled before bringing up her sword to deflect another mechanical arm.

"I believe you have other things to be concerned with Momiji." Nitori sneered as she retracted the arm.

Momiji briefly pondered if she could possibly talk the kappa out of it but dismissed the idea, Nitori had made her intentions clear, there was no way this would be settled peacefully. She turned to Utsuho. "Try not to cause too much collateral damage... and don't kill her, she might have broken the spellcard rules but she still has to answer some questions"

With that she brandished her sword and raised her shield. "You go first, I'll follow behind your shots and try to knock her out, let's finish this quickly" She turned her sword so that the blunt side faced downwards.

"Eek" Ohuku yelped as the water clone came towards her before diving out of its way and rolling along the ground, pushing herself up and taking off into the air, all in one fluid motion. "Get away? Momiji told me but..." She felt confident that she could outrun this piece of water but what would happen to the others? Not to mention the fact that she'd already forgotten where the great tengu lived.

She did not get to think about it for long because the clone had taken off into the air behind her, cutting down on her options. Ohuku watched as the watery image of hina started spinning around while moving through the air, leaving behind kedama sized blobs of water that started firing shots straight towards Ohuku.

"Uwah?" She instinctively moved out of the way of the first row of shots but her arm accidentally grazed the second.

"Ow!" She let out another yelp as she felt pain shoot up through her arm. "That hurt you mea-ouwah!" She didn't manage to finish the sentence before her opponent started spinning in place, releasing a flurry of watery amulets, forcing her to back off to be able to sneak through the gaps.

"This isn't fair." She thought. "I can't hit her from here." As she kept bobbing and weaving through the onslaught of amulets an idea started forming in her head. "These things sting when they touch me, maybe I can sting back in the same way." She knew how her hair shot out tiny little harpoons when someone touched them.

As soon as she got some respite from the shooting she stopped in midair and closed her eyes for the second time this day, the fake Hina staring at her as if expecting her next move.

This time Ohuku thought back to just before getting here, as she brushed against Momiji's arm. She focused on a small feeling that she had felt back then, a feeling of something shooting out  from her hair. During this the fake Hina had conjured up what looked like a card made of water and was holding it up and moving her mouth, as if silently declaring something.

Ohuku grabbed hold of the feeling from before just as a pattern of sharp looking bullets formed around Hina before breaking apart, spreading in all directions. Ohuku kept hold of the sensation, focusing it, letting it spread through her body, amplifying it. The pattern deteriorated further, there were now bullets all around her, she concentrated the feeling back into her hair.

A cluster of bullets was heading straight towards her as her hair took on a weak glow. She threw her eyes open and released the feeling, pouring her energy into it and directing it towards her target. A flurry of bright harpoon shaped bullets burst forth from behind her, curving outwards before turning towards Hina, smashing through the already broken pattern before crashing into their target causing the leftover bullets to dissolve just as one of them managed to cut into Ohuku's shoulder.

"Haah... haah... your move meanie." She panted as she took on a combat pose despite not standing on anything solid, a wide grin forming on her face. Adrenaline was pumping through her body. She felt she could get used to this feeling of excitement.

"The pain isn't very fun though." She thought while rubbing her shoulder, waiting for her opponent's next move.

(OOC: I didn't do a lot with Momiji because I'm not sure how to handle this sort of co-op fight, the plan Momiji proposed is still rather sound considering Okuu's fighting style.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:01:55 PM by Satori Marokumeiji »

« Reply #385 on: October 24, 2011, 09:38:38 PM »
"So there are still close fights but mainly danmaku?" Hilde was thinking about how such a danmaku could look like.
Weird pictures of men standing in a rain of arrows came into her mind first (our danmaku will bolt out the sun | then we will graze in the shade  :derp:).
'I don't think it's like that' Other pictures of magical fireballs and controlled arrows came into her mind aswell. 'There is no way I can do such thing'
She couldn't really figure out what a danmaku duel really could look like, pratice would be the best way. Better she had some training before entering a serious battle.
"And what about the rules? I can think of something like not killing each other and you already said undodgeable danmaku is involved. What happens when you ignore the rules, except fair play?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #386 on: October 24, 2011, 10:14:49 PM »
Hotaru amusedly regarded the water copy that was standing before her, until it manifested what appeared to be a broom that is also made of water.
It then hopped onto the broom that hovered at waist-height almost as if it was riding a surfboard, then gave what seemed to be a reckless grin...Or whatever passes for one among water copies. "Oh~? Well then, shall we dance?"

BGM: Dog Fighter (OOC: Yes that is a link, I generally make a habit of doing this, Macross music will fit the dogfighting moments rather nicely I do believe.)

At that point, Hotaru spread her wings and took off like a shot. "Try to keep up if you can then!"
And seemingly in response, the watery mimic took off after her at an equally alarming rate of speed. Of course, this both surprised, and amused Hotaru.
'Wow, even for a copy of someone Utsuho and the fuzzball obviously knew, it's pretty fast! Wonder if the original's just as fast? I'll have to make a note to have a race with her! ..Or have dinner....Or something, I forget what it was already, I just know she's damn fast and I like it!' "Why should I bother with finding something called a DC-Mini? I should be getting myself a nice little bikini! Those snobby little petit-fours that are always uneaten...Everybody in Oceania knows how I hate 'em!"
Of course, the water-based clone paid no mind to her inane ranting, a method that would likely have worked on her foe, were it a being of flesh and blood.
But as things stand, her foe is most assuredly not, which means that anything like that would have no effect. So Hotaru just settles for pouring on even more speed!
But when you consider that she took the manifestation of the broomform and the water-clone's summary unorthodox mounting of it as a challenge, it was really the only logical extension from her point of view.
Of course, the water-based copy held out a strange, talisman-like shape formed from water, and silently mouthed something, much like the Hina Copy.
And before long, it was engulfed in a muted and watery rainbow aura and rocketed forward with a shocking speed, leaving a trail of that same, watery and muted aura behind as it flew.

BGM Shift!: Information High (Also a link.)
"Tch, guess I can't hold back either eh?! Never done this before, so I dunno how I'm gonna hold up but...Limiter Release! ...Or something like that at least."
Then Hotaru seems to briefly regard something unseen, and even speak to it. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna go out in a blaze of glory like Guld did, that's just not my style!"
After this small aside, she pushes more power and exertion into flying faster, she is going to surpass even this blinding comet even if she collapses afterwards. That is her determination.
Eventually, she almost seems to leave a glimmering golden trail of light as she matches the rocketing blur that is the Water-based Mirror Image of Marisa, move for move.
Whoever is watching the flight and fight from the ground, or afar, would be treated to a rather impressive light show as the dual trails intersect, run paralell to, and even seem to bounce off of each other.
In reality, they actually are colliding with each other, with Hotaru coming out noticeably the worse of each clash. 'How can water hit this hard?! It's just water that looks like someone! If this keeps up, I don't think even a Youkai like me could handle it...! I gotta try to bring this to a close somehow...But how?!'
Then, the swords she had been carrying through this whole ordeal decided now of all times to clank audibly, even at this breakneck speed.
And that single, crystal clear noise was enough to shatter the confusion that Hotaru was trapped by. And a simple, yet powerful feeling took hold.
'I got it! Dunno how this'll work out but...I hope this works...!"

BGM Shift 2!: Stoner Sunshine Theme (Yet again, another link.)

During the battle, she had managed to end up going past the very crag where everything began for her, and in the middle of the high-speed flight, somehow managed to hole-in-one the swords she was carrying into the cave with a rather loud crash. No doubt they had managed to embed themselves in the far wall, going by the sound.
Of course, she did only just barely avoid going splat. Of course, in the process she had inadvertently managed to frame herself with the sun with that sudden pull up.
The stop was intentional, making it so the sun framed her was decidedly not. But she figured she'd just roll with it.
She focused hard, yet carefully, but with that water mirror bearing down on her, she clearly didn't have much time...

(OOC: The first thought really showcases Hotaru's scrambled-ness. But when you're dealing with someone who's basically all the crazy i can't let out without getting locked up for the rest of my life, what did you expect?)
(Second OOC: Yeah, the dialogue right after is a reference to Paprika in case you didn't already know, that movie reminds me of some of the really weird dreams I've sometimes had, usually after a 24-hours no sleep stunt in which I have consumed many sweets and watched much Widget stuff. Or drank too much Grape Nehi. Speaking of which, I'm all out of that stuff. I should really get more, to keep myself from becoming too normal. I got tired of sanity a long while ago, when I discovered the Internet.)
(Third OOC: Yes, in case my repeated notifications haven't keyed you into this, Hotaru is pretty much what might happen if Osaka and Ed(Ed, Edd, and Eddy) were to have a kid, with just a smidge of Deadpool for good measure....Yes, that means you can expect many bizarre and amusing shoutouts, and slight Medium Awareness/4th Wall Breakage.)
(Fourth OOC: Yes, I am referencing Guld Goa Bowman's sad fate of removing his YF-21's limiters to give his own life to defeat a Ghost-V9 Unmanned Fighter. Nobody'll be able to match that Heroic Sacrifice. But being a Youkai, that pretty much means Hotaru's gonna come out of it in considerably better condition, doubly so since Avian Tengu are generally flat-out built for speed, going by StB and DS. And then there's Youmu, who can move at near the speed of light. So it's safe to say a Youkai(Or even half-way in the case of Youmu!) would've survived Guld's Stunt pretty easily, if not pushed it even further!)
(Fifth(!) OOC: That last bit is a simultaneous reference to the aforementioned Guld's Stunt, and the Marisa VS Aya fight found in this vid, which itself is a reference to Guld's fight....Tengu seem to love doing stuff like that don't they? Well, any Tengu whose names aren't Hatate and Momiji probably.)
(Sixth(Running Gag Gone Horribly Wrong) OOC: This post is almost more OOC than actual post. ^^; )
(Seventh(Okay, really now?) OOC: She's got a 3 in Stamina, so she could probably hold out for a little while longer, but repeated collisions with Blazing Star, even a false, water-based copy, is definitely gonna hurt like a dickens. But hey, one's gotta make sacrifices for Rule of Cool. Just be thankful that Spiral Energy ain't in Gensokyo, otherwise there'd be even more crazy. And praise whatever gods you believe in that Getter Rays or the Ide aren't there either.)
(Eighth(Oh come on...) OOC: Don't wanna finish the fight in one post, it's just not done. I'll figure out how to drag it out to after the next update, if that's fine with squawk. But if he wants me to rewrite this so it isn't essentially just one long highspeed chase, then I guess I can work that out with him. But if this looks good sofar, then great! I'm not used to fight scenes. :ohdear:)
(Ninth(Holy crap.) OOC: I apologize again for all the OOC stuff, all this is tangentially related to the IC stuff though. Took me almost 24 hours to write up in completion. I put more effort into this than a Youkai Quest update! :V)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

XinXin

• Hakase Hakase Hakase!
  • Nano Nano Nano!
« Reply #387 on: October 25, 2011, 08:18:07 AM »
"I... I... Uh... Never... nevermind sorry for that." Mikan faked a calm face and gave an awkward giggle. She knew it would not trick them, but at least she would have some face. More importantly, thoughts of the demonic beast flooded to her. A vampire, a female vampire? Would she have a long flowing robe of pure black that would flow as she came to suck her blood if she made a simple mistake? Maybe everyone here is captive to her, captive and only faking whatever peace they seem to have. Oh god, would someone save her. But Miss Patchouli seemed to have a degree of control over things, so perhaps it would be safer to stay near her...
Helloo world! Would you like a cookie?

Wolfsbane706

• Knight of the Accursed Order
  • Boredom is contagious.
« Reply #388 on: October 26, 2011, 02:51:23 AM »
Ark followed Cirno and Rumia up to the big red building and admired it.  It certainly looked impressive, and Ark was so curious to know what was inside, she almost pushed ahead of Cirno and Rumia.  Only the thought that Cirno might get a bit unhappy at that move kept her from pushing forward.  Cirno enjoyed calling herself "The Strongest", it seemed, and nothing Ark had seen looked to prove otherwise.  Of course, she still wondered how strong Rumia was.  She'd have to ask about that later.  For now, all she wanted to do was meet whoever lived here at this big red building.  Of course, she couldn't meet the mistress, but she could at least ask about her.
[15:30] * Wolfsbane706 pitfalls Roukan.
[15:30] <Roukan> WHAT WHY
[15:31] * Roukan aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*splat*
[15:32] <Wolfsbane706> That's the funniest reaction I've seen yet.
[15:34] * Roukan thumbs-up from beyond the grave.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #389 on: October 26, 2011, 03:10:02 AM »
So, about the recent lack of updates. basically, Mock Trial + lol all honors classes = very little free time for Squawks. I mean, I'm not apologizing since it's real life and stuff happens, but I figured you guys should know. Luckily, I'm off Thursday and Friday, so while I'll still be a bit busy then I'll actually have time to update more than once or twice a day. So, yeah.