Author Topic: Parsee Quest (Part 6) (Completed)  (Read 58321 times)

Re: Parsee Quest (Part 6) (Postgame)
« Reply #720 on: March 20, 2011, 01:59:51 AM »
> I can't tell you who the girl in Kikuri's memories was, but I think I've given enough hints throughout the game.
> Hm... guess I'll take another look at the game, because I'm not sure...

> Konngara and Sanae... :V  You asked for information if it wasn't going to show up later, but do you still want to know?
> If you're planning on something with those two, I don't wanna know.

> The talismens on the entrance weren't from Kanako, they were from Kasen.  Kasen took advantage of the incident to seal off the entrance to the Underground, and promply went back to hiding.  The little sneak.
> Is surprised!

> Will we see something with these characters in the future, whether it be fiction or another game? Kinda interested in how the Satori/Reimu relationship develops.
> I noticed that the picture for the Good End was marked Ending2. Does that mean that there were multiple planned endings? What were the requirements to get those endings?
> What the heck was our mirror doing in Yukari's realm?
> What would've happened if we couldn't overcome our mirror during our freakout?

> Speaking of that, BGM for Parsee versus Parsee

> So, no ParseexYuugixRanxMokou ending :(

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #721 on: March 20, 2011, 02:01:18 AM »
>Just when I was about to start posting here too, its over.
>Well fuck. Now i'm jealous of all of you for playing and I had to miss out on it all paruparuparu

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #722 on: March 20, 2011, 02:15:53 AM »
> Will we see something with these characters in the future, whether it be fiction or another game? Kinda interested in how the Satori/Reimu relationship develops.
> I noticed that the picture for the Good End was marked Ending2. Does that mean that there were multiple planned endings? What were the requirements to get those endings?
> What the heck was our mirror doing in Yukari's realm?
> What would've happened if we couldn't overcome our mirror during our freakout?

> Speaking of that, BGM for Parsee versus Parsee

> So, no ParseexYuugixRanxMokou ending :(

> Satori/Reimu, Parsee/Yuugi, and Nazrin/Shou will show up, although probably as a subplot/background development.  Whenever I get around to writing more, expect to come in with a lot of baggage again, in any case.
> Actually, no, there were just two different versions of that picture.  I tend to do that when I draw, sorry.  Honestly, the ending would've changed depending on what you did during the game.  For example, had you not promised to have tea with Yamame and Kisume that sequence would've been left out of the ending.  The winter equinox festival would've happened either way.
> The boundary between visibility and nonvisibility got screwed with.
> You would've freaked out and attacked everything, leading to Keine kicking you out of the Human Village.  Both Byakuren and Mokou would've had to subdue you, and you would've lost a few days of game time.  You also would have only vaguely remembered what happened, and Yuugi would immediately noticed what happened to you next time you saw her.

> The Mirror
(btw Madoka spoilers, I wish I could just have the song and not that dialogue in the background, ughhh)

> ParseexMokou ending if you didn't romance Yuugi

>Just when I was about to start posting here too, its over.
>Well fuck. Now i'm jealous of all of you for playing and I had to miss out on it all paruparuparu

> Sorry :ohdear:

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #723 on: March 20, 2011, 02:44:05 AM »
>How much of this quest did you plan?
>Are you planning to do another text adventure after this?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #724 on: March 20, 2011, 02:58:16 AM »
>How much of this quest did you plan?
>Are you planning to do another text adventure after this?

> Kikuri's and Konngara's involvement and Reimu's critical condition were planned before I even posted the first topic.  Yamame and Kisume's injuries were planned, Alice's situation was somewhat planned, Lumia's situation was planned, Suika's disappearance, Suwako's condition, Orin offering Nazrin as a prize, Cirno's transformation into a youkai, and the entire Bamboo Forest sub-incident was planned.  Looking for Koishi was made up entirely on the spot, as were Nitori's, Hina's, Momiji's, and Elly's roles.  Kanako's role in the story wasn't thought out as much, and neither were Ran and Chen's.  Emi/YuugenMagan was kind of made up as I went along.  I saw Parsee/Yuugi coming from a mile away.  Marisa's situation wasn't planned as well as Reimu's, and Alice was originally to have the Goliath Doll's body.  Obviously, that wouldn't have ended well, given what Ran did to the Goliath Doll in this story...
> There were also things that were completely unexpected, like how you dealt with Lumia, and things I left to your imagination, such as how you ultimately dealt with Kikuri.  After you got Yuuka to help Alice, I didn't really have anything planned after that.
> Yes, yes, I could get used to making these.

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #725 on: March 20, 2011, 05:24:25 AM »
>Are you willing to take requests? Because if so, I'd like to request a Satori Quest (or if not that, then a Nue Quest).

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #726 on: March 20, 2011, 05:25:28 AM »
Seconded Nue quest. It could work out extremely well, you know, how she's the unknown and all.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #727 on: March 20, 2011, 06:23:11 AM »
Well done, our Himiko. I enjoyt it greatly. Shame I couldn't have been around for the final bits more, I had no intention of letting Kikuri off so easily. I anticipated more grabbing of collars and screaming that she couldn't handle the truth.

>Were the motes chilling around the mansion just background we started poking at, or was there anything interesting to discover about them?
>How much did you anticipate jealousy abuse? Did it really have any ties to our own declarations of jealousy, and did using it affect us any?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 06:40:29 AM by Purvissimo »

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #728 on: March 20, 2011, 08:54:25 AM »
I missed out on the ending, but through my own fault (I knew I should've gone to sleep last night).

Parsee Quest will always have a special place for me, since it was my first forum text adventure, and a very good one too. Great job, Himiko!

On an unrelated note, it appears that Nue Quest is currently disguised as a group of Information Technology professionals.

Also, two additions to the question pool:
> What happened to Luna Child and Sunny Milk?
> What if we had let Hina take our misfortune?

And seven additions to the soundtrack request pool:
> SFX: Jealousy Gauge Up
> BGM: The Underground Hospital
> SFX: Shank!
> BGM: Strange Dreams
> SFX: Emi Piece Get!
> BGM: Fairy Secret Hideout
> BGM: Kitsune Ride!

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #729 on: March 20, 2011, 10:02:16 AM »
This was a grand quest. It ended fine, we did well, and Himiko did a splendid job.

>Was it possible for us to save Marisa if we went there first?
>Marisa wrote to us, meaning she lives, but what state is she in? Is she a wooden shanghai magician now? Or is she more like Alice (Who's said to be a perfect doll)?

Mokou Fan

« Reply #730 on: March 20, 2011, 10:37:51 AM »
Well done, our Himiko. I enjoyt it greatly. Shame I couldn't have been around for the final bits more, I had no intention of letting Kikuri off so easily. I anticipated more grabbing of collars and screaming that she couldn't handle the truth.
To be fair, I kinda wanted to wake Kikuri up, but after Byakuren, Kaguya, and Iku were called, I didn't really see any point in it. I also wasn't expecting the adventure to end when we went back underground: I REALLY wanted to call Konngara out and rant at her for a bit  :ohdear:

Oh well, c'est la vie. It was an awesome adventure.

« Reply #731 on: March 20, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
This was a great ride. I kinda didn't read all of it, but it was really awesome.
I'd love to see either a Nue quest or an Aya quest of your making :D

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #732 on: March 20, 2011, 12:38:27 PM »
>Are you willing to take requests? Because if so, I'd like to request a Satori Quest (or if not that, then a Nue Quest).

Seconded Nue quest. It could work out extremely well, you know, how she's the unknown and all.

This was a great ride. I kinda didn't read all of it, but it was really awesome.
I'd love to see either a Nue quest or an Aya quest of your making :D

> The next player character is a surprise.

>Were the motes chilling around the mansion just background we started poking at, or was there anything interesting to discover about them?
>How much did you anticipate jealousy abuse? Did it really have any ties to our own declarations of jealousy, and did using it affect us any?

> Thank you, I was actually anticipating you guys handling Kikuri like you handled Lumia.
> The motes were just part of the background.
> I knew it was going to be maxed out eventually; the way it was going I thought you were going to use it as a bomb.  Commands like "be jealous of x" were added to the gauge, while just saying "paruparuparu" didn't really affect it.  Parsee didn't really feel the pressure until her jealousy was at its limit, but it was able to be beaten back.  It's laying dormant now.

I missed out on the ending, but through my own fault (I knew I should've gone to sleep last night).

Parsee Quest will always have a special place for me, since it was my first forum text adventure, and a very good one too. Great job, Himiko!

On an unrelated note, it appears that Nue Quest is currently disguised as a group of Information Technology professionals.

Also, two additions to the question pool:
> What happened to Luna Child and Sunny Milk?
> What if we had let Hina take our misfortune?

And seven additions to the soundtrack request pool:
> SFX: Jealousy Gauge Up
> BGM: The Underground Hospital
> SFX: Shank!
> BGM: Strange Dreams
> SFX: Emi Piece Get!
> BGM: Fairy Secret Hideout
> BGM: Kitsune Ride!

> You guys are too nice.
> NueQuest oh my goooooddddd

> Wow, you guys remember that?  Luna and Sunny were dependent on the sun and moon, so when that disappeared, so did they, and Kikuri was getting in the way of them respawning.  Once Kikuri was taken out, they were able to respawn.
> Had you let Hina take your misfortune, she would've taken all of your jealousy.  It was also a way to raise the maximum capacity of your jealousy gauge.

> Increase of Jealousy
> Rin's Turf
> Shanked
> The Terror that Leaves One Sleepless
> Emi piece GET!
> Sort of Underground Cave
> Go go Ran!

This was a grand quest. It ended fine, we did well, and Himiko did a splendid job.

>Was it possible for us to save Marisa if we went there first?
>Marisa wrote to us, meaning she lives, but what state is she in? Is she a wooden shanghai magician now? Or is she more like Alice (Who's said to be a perfect doll)?

> Possibly.
> She's more like Alice.

To be fair, I kinda wanted to wake Kikuri up, but after Byakuren, Kaguya, and Iku were called, I didn't really see any point in it. I also wasn't expecting the adventure to end when we went back underground: I REALLY wanted to call Konngara out and rant at her for a bit  :ohdear:

Oh well, c'est la vie. It was an awesome adventure.

> Sorry, I kind of took that as an indicator that it was time to go home... :ohdear:

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #733 on: March 20, 2011, 01:07:20 PM »
> The next player character is a surprise.

Well, whoever it is, I'll be looking forward to it!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #734 on: March 20, 2011, 01:50:48 PM »
Well, whoever it is, I'll be looking forward to it!
Agreed. :3

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #735 on: March 20, 2011, 02:47:08 PM »
> Kasen wanders into the thread, breaking the fourth wall in the process.
> She looks around and asks, "What's this still doing open?  Hasn't Parsee finished already?"  She takes a few seals out of her pocket.
> "Well, I'd better lock this up for her."

> _