Author Topic: encore and his projects  (Read 1604 times)

encore and his projects
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:46:26 PM »
Hello, I'm encore, I'm new to this forum but very excited to be a part of it. I'm still learning, but I hope to be able to create some interesting scripts in the future.

. . .until then, here's my first script, constructive criticism greatly appreciated. Please take note that the script is not in a folder in the .rar, and will need to be put into a new folder in your /scripts folder. Finally, I've never played Touhou  (though I'd really like to.) so the format on the attack names may be odd.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: encore and his projects
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 04:19:22 AM »
Posting just because.

Well, uh... I hope you remember what I said about Miru, and all that stuff about the lousy small-curvy-laser hitboxes things.

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
Re: encore and his projects
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 11:32:26 AM »
Yay! I'm glad more people are posting scripts.

Ok then, first spell is pretty nice, my only complaint is that the bubbles seem a bit fast, but that's just me sucking. Other than that, I'm not a huge fan of the random dot spam, but it's not really unreasonable to dodge so... good opener I guess.

The second spell is nice as well........at least until the lasers start raining down. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with that, but these lasers seem to be a bit too fast.

And the final spell.............. WTF keeps killing me!?! I keep dying from seemingly nothing! There seems to be a serious problem with deceptive hitboxes here. I took a look into the code and found that you are using CreateLaserC which I, admittedly, have no experience with. But if you are using that function to create all the tiny bullets in that spell, then that may explain the crazy hitboxes. I recommend switching to normal 12 shots or something, assmuming that is the problem. Here's a replay of the script. It should show me dying where I shouldn't have died on the last spell.