Author Topic: Unread replies feature request  (Read 5088 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Unread replies feature request
« on: August 15, 2009, 03:53:07 PM »
Not sure how realistic this is code-wise, but I was thinking:

Could there be a way to remove threads from view when clicking on "Show new replies to your posts"? I've often dropped a comment or a few comments in a thread and don't have an interest in re-visiting the thread, and end up with loads of threads I'll never read cluttering up the Unread Replies list. If there were a way to remove them from that page - e.g., with a little button labelled "stop giving me updates on this thead" or something next to each thread in the Unread Replies list - I think this would save a lot of energy for people, and possibly also for the server.

Just my two cents.

EDIT: Alternatively, there could be a little checkbox next to each thread on the Unread Replies list, with a button at the top or bottom of the page labelled "Remove".
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 04:18:41 PM by Amaterasu-ōmikami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Drake

Re: Unread replies feature request
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 04:17:02 PM »
I find the same for "Unread posts" would be nice. It's just instead of looking for replies to stuff I already posted in I tend to see new threads there, too. But yeah, I second this.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 04:20:31 PM »
I don't know how feasible it'd be.  I'd have to dissect the replies code and how it operates but if I can sure :V

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 04:29:34 PM »
I don't know how feasible it'd be.  I'd have to dissect the replies code and how it operates but if I can sure :V

Awesome. Best of luck with that in between baking.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."