Author Topic: Gensokyo Quest - A portal to another worlds---"Reimu Quest"  (Read 17926 times)

Gensokyo Quest - A portal to another worlds---"Reimu Quest"
« on: March 02, 2017, 03:28:53 PM »
Seeing all of this make me want to write my CYOA too. First time here, so I hope you could enjoy this

>Suddenly, a portal appear in the middle of the Hakurei Shrine, just before the donation box.
>It have been managed by a certain fairy. This fairy is a fairy of dimension, used to live in the gap between worlds, and now have settle here due to curiousity (and blackmail).
>In exchange, she opened a portal, allowing anyone in Gensokyo to, for once, being able to travel to worlds different than their own (with a certain donation, of course). With this, a multitude of adventure will begin.
>But first, you will play as Reimu, the second person to travel, in the time before this happen... A prologue, of sort.

>Reimu, while greeting Yukari and the new resident, a portal in a form of summoning circle appear under Yukari's feet.
>Unfortunately, Yukari is the master of portal, so she shifted it elsewhere...to Reimu's feet instead.
>Before Reimu's being transported away, she uttered a curse...

>Meanwhile, in the otherside, as people waited for the summoned person to appear behind the light of the summoning circle, they hear an high-pitched scream.
>"DAMN YOU, GAP YOUKAI!!!"

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: Gensokyo Quest - A portal to another worlds---"Reimu Quest"
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:14:52 PM »
> Once we are done cursing Yukari, look around...

> Inventory.
> Recent donations? ... ... ... Any?
> Last incident resolved.
> How often Yukari came to annoy us?
> Do we live alone in the shrine?
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 07:39:15 AM »
>Relationships.
>Start plotting on how we're going to get that gap hag back...

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 03:55:31 PM »
> Once we are done cursing Yukari, look around...

> Inventory.
> Recent donations? ... ... ... Any?
> Last incident resolved.
> How often Yukari came to annoy us?
> Do we live alone in the shrine?

>Inventory
>>Shrine maiden's outfit: The traditional Hakurei Shrine Maiden outfit that have been passed from generations... or so it was told. You have received it, along with the Gohei from  Rinnosuke Morichika, the owner of Kourindou who dealt with exotic good, but it's unknown who made them. You doesn't seem to care though, except being abit annoyed that you have to put the two sleeves seperately instead of having it sew on.
>>Gohei (Purification Rod): Another traditional item of the shrine maiden, and your weapon of choice. Despite being a stick with a piece of paper on it, it's unusually tough and capable to purify (read: beat up) any Youkai (and anyone else) that stand in your way. It's extremely useful so, again, you don't care.
>>Ofuda: Another's weapon of your choice, A multi-purpose talisman that you use for many thing, from protection to purification, to explosion and decoys (and sometimes as a warning sign against a certain journalists). You just seems to write whatever on it, but it work perfectly well regardless. Possesed in great number, and most of it you kept in your hammerspace .
>>Persuasion needle: Like above. A needle filled with enough power to "persuade" any foe you meet, and have find it mark on so many people (including it creator, for some reason). Like the Ofuda, you kept it in great number in your hammerspace, but sometimes you pick it up and reused it.
>>Yin-Yang Orbs: Your most powerful weapon and Hakurei's Shrine most prized object. It have come from long time past, and rumor have it that it contain enough power to completely obliterate a planet, but you don't know if it's true or not. You don't seem to remember bringin it along either...
>>"The Great Barrier Master" Trillogy: A set of books written by a certain Gap Hag Youkai, depicting her recent adventure in another world. Again, you definitively don't remember bringing it along, and suspect that Youkai have something to do with it...You want to throw it away, but your intuition tell you that it's maybe important.

>There's a donation made by a certain newcomer you have just met earlier... It's in an unknown currency though, so it's practically useless.

>It's have been a year since you have to come to the Moon and inadvertively solve their problem. There have been no major incident, but that just mean a great one is going to come...

>Fortunately, rarely. This is a first in a long time since the last time she come to bother you. She's here to tell you that the newcomer that come from another world will stay here for awhile, and ask you to keep an eyes on her (Let her stay in the shrine).

>For now, yes. There's use to be an Oni and an Inchling that live in your place, but they have since go on their business. Despite being annoyed by her recent's action, you're planning to accept letting this Freeloader to stay.

>Relationships.
>Start plotting on how we're going to get that gap hag back...

>You have relationship with many people, but only Yukari are important to the plot. Some may come later though.

Yukari Yakumo: The ruler of Gensokyo and a pain in your butt. With her power to manipulate boundaries, she's the one who's played a major role in seperating Gensokyo from another world. That doesn't stop her from being a very annoying person though, as she's seemingly appear from her gap out of nowhere and rope you in on her shady plot. It's appear this time is the same, but what?

>You don't know right now, but first, you're going to challenge her in a Spell Card match as a excuse to beat her up.

>As the light fade away, you started to look around. You realize that you're standing in a middle of a wide room right now, with many people in robed standing around the circle you're standing right now. It have the same pattern as the circle you have been suck in earlier.
>You're very confused right now...not. Instead, '...So this is that "other world" thing that she's talking about'. As you're thinking such, another person appear. Unlike others, she's wearing a white garb, and you could feel divine power coming out of it. You're guessing that she's working in the same field as your.
>>"Please to meet you, dear traverler from another world"

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 09:58:43 PM »
> Are we surrounded?
> Back off a bit from her.
> "This... isn't actually a pleasurable way for me to reach another place..."
> Frown annoyed and maintain ourselves with our guard on.

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 07:22:07 AM »
> Are we surrounded?
> Back off a bit from her.
> "This... isn't actually a pleasurable way for me to reach another place..."
> Frown annoyed and maintain ourselves with our guard on.

> We does get surrounded by robed people, but each of them isn't strong enough to actually be a bother.

>You feel like she isn't that strong either, but your intuition warned you to take a distance. You don't know why but she feel...inhuman.

>"...We're apologize for taking you to this place, but please be as ease..."

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 07:29:55 AM »
>"There better be a good reason for this..."
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 07:52:11 AM »
> What we were doing before we were sent here?
> "Ha, pretty good joke... Start explaining."

« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 08:23:20 AM by andykhang »

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 08:28:58 AM »
> What we were doing before we were sent here?
> "Ha, pretty good joke... Start explaining."

>Before being send here, you were just cleaning the shrine as usual, when Yukari come to here suddenly, bringing souvenirs and the newcomer from another worlds. Her servant does sometimes come to here and talk to her about this, but this is the first time she come to here personally about this.

>You're talking pretty disinterestly, but pressure could be felt from your voice. While the others start having goosebump from it, the girl before you still spoke with a smile, indifference.

>"...Please be patient, we will explain everything you need to know in the throne room. Please follow us and we will guide you there."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 08:40:35 AM »
> "... Fine."
> Frown and, while cautious, follow her to whenever she want us to be.

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 10:19:56 AM »
> "... Fine."
> Frown and, while cautious, follow her to whenever she want us to be.

>After awhile, you have come to a throne room.It's filled with many people standing on the side of the red carpet, lining straight to the throne, where the king and his family is speaking. As the girl beside you is kneeling, you stand there disinterestly, listening to the king's speech...
>"Greeting, traveler. My name is Redatus Overking, the King of this great Uptain Kingdoms....Long ago...."
>...That you're getting increasingly annoyed, getting on and on with the history you didn't care, about the world you find it annoying to stay. Plus, the gaze from your Yin-Yang Orbs is getting increasingly attentive...

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 11:11:56 AM »
>Resist the urge to hit this dumbass with our orbs.

>"Look, just tell me what I need to do or who I need to beat up or whatever. I'm not here to learn a history lesson.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2017, 11:43:28 AM »
> "... Hmm... Yes... The only reason I find for why I'm here is because someone is causing any kind of problem to you, so jump already to that part."
> Roll our eyes.

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 12:30:05 PM »
>Resist the urge to hit this dumbass with our orbs.

>"Look, just tell me what I need to do or who I need to beat up or whatever. I'm not here to learn a history lesson.

>Barely holding back your hand from throwing the orb, you told them threatingly while holding the orb tightly in your hand.
>"!!...Um, So, in short, we want you to purify and calm down the dark Spirit in the north of our land."
>Getting the answer you're looking for, you relaxed yourself. The seemingly disappointed feeling you feel with your Yin Yang Orb strangely annoyed you again. Anyway, you have collected enough information and is ready to leave...
>"Wait! Let us prepare you for your journey..."
>After that, the king's trying to present you the money and equipment on the table the servant is pushing forward. You feel that these equipment are weaker than what you have right now, and you have no need for money that you can't used when you get back...plus,in the equipment, you sense an oppressive and unpleasant divine power lurkin in it. The orb is looking at it in great interest though.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017, 12:50:18 PM »
> "Look, I'm already prepared enough to take down anyone that wants to face me. I don't need anything else."
> "But... that money..."
> Look at where this "divine" feeling in the equipment is. Examine the things.
> "May I know what this things are?"

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2017, 02:11:14 PM »
>"Oh, these are the equipment the hero of many generation have worn and stand out to fight against the dark force that have come to this land. The strength of these divine artifact are phenomenon-"
>Ignoring what the King said, you (and the orb) examine it more throughly. Just as you expect, this oppresive divine power will forcefully trying to infect you and brainwash one without a strong will or magic power to ...so of course, it isn't going to affect you. You feel the instinct of a shrine maiden to seal it up.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2017, 05:29:53 PM »
> "Jump to the important bits that aren't a full book of history, please."
> Sigh annoyed.

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2017, 06:54:38 PM »
>"Um...Like I said, it have been imbued with the Spirit of Light's blessing, and the memories of the hero that come before you. With this, you could gain experience and strength of a true hero!"
> '...A true host, more like', you thinks. By inserting memories, one could mold one's soul to one own liking. A subtle method that would only getting stronger and more "suitable" as time goes by, and many heroes come and go. 'It's like taking a piece of bread dough and mixing it with newer one to enhance the taste', said a certain Youkai Sage. Your instinct as a Shrine Maiden call out to you even more.

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2017, 07:27:53 PM »
>"I already have enough experience as an heroine in my own world, like, more than a decade's worth. I'm pretty sure i don't need the memories of some dude who isn't even alive anymore."

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 09:15:50 AM »
>"Ugh!"
>With what you said, the King have no word to said. Tension slowly rise in the throne room. Still, you wouldn't care, and kept looking as the artifact. The orb is intrigue of what is going to happen next.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 10:29:32 AM »
> "In the north of your land, right? Well, just guide me outside so I can finish this now."
> Ponder not being guided, but just breaking outside. It's not like we are here willingly.

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 05:17:29 PM »
>"S-sure, we'll let someone guide you."
>Reluctantly, the king send one of the guard to guide her out of the castle. Annoyed by that, you're wondering whether or not to just bust out of here...
>"Wait."
>Then, just as she's going to go out of the throne room, the girl in the white robe suddenly stand in her way.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 06:36:11 PM »
> "Oh c'mon! What now?"
> Tap the floor with our feet impaciently.

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 08:45:26 AM »
>"...In the north, behind the great barrier that contain the Spirit, miasma that would kill any mortal on sight filled the land. Even if it's you, you will find difficulty tranversing it. And for that, a blessing is needed..."
>With an indifferent voice, she's saying as if she was worrying about your journey...However, you feel hostility in her aura.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 12:38:09 PM »
> "I already traversed a land with miasma in it. How bad this could be?"
> Roll our eyes.

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 02:36:45 PM »
>Despite your obvious sarcasm, the girl pay no mind. Instead she slowly unturn the hood, revealing a beauty of platinum hair and brown eyes. As people are getting entrance by her calming spirit, you feel as if it's oppresing people's will...but you see her too similar to a certain Youkai to feel even a speck of respect.
>"...With this blessing, not only will you be able to tranverse that wasteland, you will find no difficulty fighting monster, and luck will be on your side all the time. So even if you don't wear these equipment, you will always feel the guidance of the Holy Spirit."
>After that, as she muttered, a strong divine power could be felt pouring out of her, the same as the power that came from the equipment.
>"...And so, may the Spirit be with you."
>All of the sudden, this torrent of magic come to you, ready to engulf you whole.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2017, 04:46:39 AM »
> Try to resist this magic from coming into us with a barrier. If instead is possible to dodge, do so.
> "I already said it to you. I don't need a spirit to be with me to get this job done."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:50:43 PM by Tashi »

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2017, 05:37:29 AM »
//Be more specific, please.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2017, 05:57:47 AM »
//There~.

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2017, 11:41:57 AM »
//Even more specific. Like what's she going to do. Is she going to dodge, putting up a barrier, or secrectly Fantasy Heaven her way out of thing?