Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You - Translation (Decrypted .dat files)  (Read 130779 times)

Re: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You - Translation (Decrypted .dat files)
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2016, 10:08:08 AM »
That was my first thought, but the fontset is incredibly limited for some reason. And changing the font would require messing with the exe.

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2016, 01:11:57 AM »
Likewise I'm going to assume that changing the object name pointers is out of the question?

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2016, 05:41:49 AM »
It's been another month, so here's a status update: Fire Emblem Fates is a Good Game.

More seriously, we tried out a bunch of stuff in the weeks before Fates sucked up all our free time forever and discovered the following.

Data 1 (Fonts): We can't replace the fonts in this game without editing the .exe. This is bad, because besides the english letters being unaligned and awful-looking, Sanbondo decided to use an entirely different font for battle dialogue. And this font has no english punctuation. That's fine for periods, question marks, and exclamation marks since we could just use japanese ones, but Japanese doesn't have an apostrophe. And, uh, have you ever tried writing something with no contractions whatsoever? Because it sounds really silly.

That and a couple other issues pretty much makes it so we're not going to be translating battle dialogue again. Which sucks since there's more battle cutscenes in this game, but maybe we'll just throw that in a .txt.

Data 4 (Character files): The guy we had working on translating these was somewhere through the characters whose names start with M when Fates came out.

Data 5 (Main Script): Everything from the LP has been copy/pasted, but the people we had playing through the game for the final editing pass are again too busy playing Fates.

Most of us have finished our version of choice by now, but Revelations is coming out soon so uh. Yeah.

« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2016, 10:57:55 AM »
Data 1 (Fonts): We can't replace the fonts in this game without editing the .exe. This is bad, because besides the english letters being unaligned and awful-looking, Sanbondo decided to use an entirely different font for battle dialogue. And this font has no english punctuation. That's fine for periods, question marks, and exclamation marks since we could just use japanese ones, but Japanese doesn't have an apostrophe. And, uh, have you ever tried writing something with no contractions whatsoever? Because it sounds really silly.

These things seem to be piling up. When I was first researching the game, I managed to find half of the extensions required to recompile the .exe. The ones I'm missing are:

CleanMemEXT
Compare
SDL_Joystick
String Comparison

EDIT: I excitedly wrote some stuff here when I was only half-sure of what was going on. Now I understand it a bit better:
Back then I was exclusively looking for .gex files, but now I think that I might be able to rewrite things so that .dll extensions work as well? For example, joydll seems to cover almost all of the SDL_Joystick functionality they use without any rewrites at all, and I think I can get it to 100% compatibility. Also, I'm rewriting their code to use CleanMem's dll version instead of its .gex extension.

Naturally I can't test this until I've finished all four of them but at the very least I'm getting close to zero script errors popping up when I try to compile, but who knows what kind of weird errors I might be introducing. Maybe look forward to something soon?

EDIT2:
I've messed up String Comparison, clearly, because I'm getting garbled dialogue boxes. That is, the resolution menu and the "Do you want to quit?" messages are both filled with garbage instead of Japanese or English text.
however:
it runs
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:55:43 AM by Roonerspism »

« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2016, 07:46:38 PM »
Our Fates kick is at an end at last, so we've all finally come back to this. So that's a thing.

Roonerspism, I sent you a PM about the decompiled EXE.

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2016, 07:30:29 AM »
When I change the dat files in 4 and 5 and I start it up i get an error saying out of memory, how can I fix this?

« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2016, 07:53:08 PM »
First of all,I wanted to thanks all the guys who worked on this translation,its awesome,I waited for years that game to be translated.Thanks guys,you are the best =)

Im not sure if its off topic but while using the translation I happened to have a weird bug that dont allow me to finish chapter 33,just after the end of it,when yukari is sayiing a line and supposed to spawn the game freeze and she is not spawning.All I can do is reset and getting that bug again,its pretty weird since I already finished it by the past...

I was wondering if anyone know how to deal with that problem?

Here is my quick save if anyone want to give a check: https://mega.nz/#!T9R2kaZa!O7BwGltosPXPVmyMTW7RIr4NnpA1ozZSM-VR4pVnxBQ

Thanks in advance.

« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2016, 09:25:02 PM »
First of all,I wanted to thanks all the guys who worked on this translation,its awesome,I waited for years that game to be translated.Thanks guys,you are the best =)

Im not sure if its off topic but while using the translation I happened to have a weird bug that dont allow me to finish chapter 33,just after the end of it,when yukari is sayiing a line and supposed to spawn the game freeze and she is not spawning.All I can do is reset and getting that bug again,its pretty weird since I already finished it by the past...

I was wondering if anyone know how to deal with that problem?

Here is my quick save if anyone want to give a check: https://mega.nz/#!T9R2kaZa!O7BwGltosPXPVmyMTW7RIr4NnpA1ozZSM-VR4pVnxBQ

Thanks in advance.

I have already encountered this bug, so I can tell you it is not related to the translation patch.
All you have to do is simply to update your game to the latest version (Or 1.0.8 should be fine)
You can find the official site there : http://www.sanbondo.net/gsw02/download.html
Sadly, I cannot read Japanese so I can't give you more precise directions but you should be able to download Sanbondo's patch installer from there.
With that done, Yukari should stop being lazy and actually spawn.
Also, I downloaded and tested your quicksave and it worked pretty well on my version of the game.

« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2016, 09:37:04 AM »
I have already encountered this bug, so I can tell you it is not related to the translation patch.
All you have to do is simply to update your game to the latest version (Or 1.0.8 should be fine)
You can find the official site there : http://www.sanbondo.net/gsw02/download.html
Sadly, I cannot read Japanese so I can't give you more precise directions but you should be able to download Sanbondo's patch installer from there.
With that done, Yukari should stop being lazy and actually spawn.
Also, I downloaded and tested your quicksave and it worked pretty well on my version of the game.

Thanks for your help,I will try what you said =)

Edit:So I tried to upgrade my game but for some reason,its seems that it always failed,so I tried with version 1.0.0(non translated) and Yukari didn't glitched this time,then I tried with english translation(by copying dat5 inside data folder) and it didn't worked again.Anyways,I somehow solved my problem,but that bug seems really weird,maybe its only my computers.Anyways,thanks again =)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 01:44:53 PM by darkdoogy »

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2016, 03:23:04 PM »
Thanks for your help,I will try what you said =)

Edit:So I tried to upgrade my game but for some reason,its seems that it always failed,so I tried with version 1.0.0(non translated) and Yukari didn't glitched this time,then I tried with english translation(by copying dat5 inside data folder) and it didn't worked again.Anyways,I somehow solved my problem,but that bug seems really weird,maybe its only my computers.Anyways,thanks again =)

The bug was happening on my computer whether or not I was using the patch, so I thought it was just Sanbondo's messing up. Anyway, there is another bug, which is certainly caused by the patch from chapter 53 and onward. The player phase simply refuse to begin after several turns. I suggest It is Yuugi's PS messing with the spirit list but I didn't experiment with the game to make sure, and the translator might have already fixed it.

Also, you may have failed to update your game because, if I remember correctly, you have to update to intermediary steps before updating to 1.0.8.. It is not very intuitive and the language barrier doesn't make it easier anyway, but at least, you solved your problem and you should not encounter anymore problem with the game until it's end.

« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2016, 07:34:13 PM »
Hi guys.

Please, did you changed something inside the game in which results in way more memory usage with the english patch?

I'm receiving an error message "out of memory" every time I try to start the game after I patch it with the english patch v0.3, and the screen even turns blue(death screen) some times. It's possible to see that it's really consuming way more memory in my notebook, as everything becomes, like, 5x slower!

When I'm running the game in japanese v1.0.6.1, v1.0.7 or v1.0.8 it always runs fine and smoothly. But, once I apply the english patch the game won't even start(it won't go any further than the initial black screen with something written on it's right low corner until crashes).

I'm running it on old good Windows XP in my notebook with 2 GBs, but I'm sure that's not the problem as, again, the original japanese runs fine every time. I even tried to shut down every program before running this in english, and no success.

Maybe something was changed inside the game while it should be kept as it was?

Thank you for any help.

Regards.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 11:42:05 PM by Arukaizer »

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2016, 04:57:35 PM »
Few bugs:

Rin's Faith spirit will soft-lock the game upon use.

Great Youkai of Heian has zero effect in this patch (Confuse's SP remains at 70 instead of becoming 50).

About 3 of the SA arc chapters are untranslated.

Edit: Rin's Devote will also soft lock the game.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 05:10:46 PM by nyttyn »

« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2016, 08:06:40 AM »
my GOD!!! I'M SO FUCKING STUPID!!! I was getting error from You because I was applying the eng patch for Ei lol!!! Oh my good, Ohhh my good!!! DAMN!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 07:42:47 AM by Arukaizer »

« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2016, 04:31:28 AM »
It took forever, but the patch has been updated. v0.5 has everything from chapters 35 to 44 fully translated and proofread. There might still be some text spacing issues, but hopefully not.

Various issues with Personal Skills involving spirits were reported in the downtime since v0.3. It turns out that was because we translated the Spirit names! So that's all been reverted. It's a real awkward solution, but it's either that or the game crashing every time Yuugi's over 130 Power. Like all things, this could've been fixed if we edited the .exe, and in fact someone did figure out how to get in... BUT. But, not only can I not get the game to recompile for the life of me, I also can't get Game Maker to render the Japanese in it code to something recognizable. And while, if I really wanted to, I could figure out ways around those anyways, FMW3's source code is a hilarious mess. Trying to translate the attack names (a process of decrypt -> edit -> recrypt -> repack -> recypher -> check if something broke -> shit something broke -> oh my god what's wrong with this file everything is right -> bring in a new copy and do the exact same thing -> reinsert into game -> oh hey it works now??? -> repeat 70 times) was soul killing enough, and I gave up on that in the end to focus on actually getting this version out. I really, really miss FMW2's code.

We have a clear idea of the scope of this project now, so v0.7 (full translation/proofread of chapters 45 to 49) shouldn't take as long. But it still ultimate comes down to how much time Clarste has to translate and how much time I have to sit down, copy/paste, and proofread. So no idea of a release date.

my GOD!!! I'M SO FUCKING STUPID!!! I was getting error from You because I was applying the eng patch for Ei lol!!! Oh my good, Ohhh my good!!! DAMN!!

I'm glad to hear it wasn't an issue on our end, at least. Though I'm pretty sure putting in english text does make the games run slower, just because there's more of it now.

« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2016, 01:39:55 PM »
Thanks a lot for your work! I've been finally playing through these games and while I know I could just refer to the LP, this makes it a lot easier to play and rave about it.

The only bug I encountered with v0.3 was just a silly text bug on 37M where everyone ended up being hidden for a cutscene, but I imagine that's been fixed now, so I've got nothing to report here!
I'm on 41 right now, so I'll keep an eye out for any weirdness on this patch.

« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2016, 09:25:31 AM »
Hey, glad to hear that things are still chugging along.

« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2016, 11:56:26 PM »
Hello, I wan't to translate GST:Y to korean.
So I downloaded sorce code of first reply and compiled this with dev-c++
but the dat file does not opened well.
How can I unpack this file?

« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2016, 06:25:31 AM »
Hello, I wan't to translate GST:Y to korean.
So I downloaded sorce code of first reply and compiled this with dev-c++
but the dat file does not opened well.
How can I unpack this file?
In my case, unpacking is successful. But Korean letters are not printed. I think it's kind of font problem, and I cannot handle it. As BlitzBlast said, it is .exe related...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 06:48:10 AM by jsmith009098 »

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2016, 03:16:28 AM »
Hello! Here to report an important bug which I'm not pretty sure if it is a bug from the game or from the patch...
The game crashes when Tewi's song is played...
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2016, 08:53:18 PM »
Sadly also here to report a bug that I'm pretty sure is from the patch.

I've noticed that Sanae's been able to use Summon Takeminakata below 30% Faith. So just now I just tried it on a boss with Sanae being at 33%. After killing the boss with it, Sanae's Faith went to 40%. When I switched it to the Japanese, her faith went to 10% as intended.

After a bit, I tested some more, and found it also affects The Day The Sea Split.

So yeah, Sanae's Faith-locked finishers both require no Faith and don't consume Faith.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:00:28 PM by krawky398 »

« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2016, 12:35:26 AM »
Hello! Here to report an important bug which I'm not pretty sure if it is a bug from the game or from the patch...
The game crashes when Tewi's song is played...

I tested in both the sound test and actual gameplay, and didn't have any issues. Can you give more specific info? What chapter, what situation, what version of the patch, what version of the game, etc?

I have a feeling it might be because I translated the song names (I swear to god is there anything in this game that doesn't break if you translate it?), but it could also be something else.

So yeah, Sanae's Faith-locked finishers both require no Faith and don't consume Faith.

v ??? v

I've changed nothing in the game relating to her beyond her dialogue box name. I have no feasible idea what could be causing this, but I also recall something similar happening in FMW2. So I'm just going to go with "lol Sanbondo".

« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2016, 02:29:23 AM »
I did some more testing with Sanae's Faith problem and did find something, actually.

I replaced the 0.5 data5 with 0.3's data5 and the Faith still had the problem. But when I put in the data4 too, everything worked as intended. Having 0.3's data4 also made Faith work correctly on 0.5 (although then you have no spirits).

So I'm wondering if this is because Sanae's attack names were translated in 0.3 now but then not in 0.5.

« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2016, 03:47:28 PM »
That would make zero sense since what I did for 0.5 was effectively just have users go back to using the japanese data4, which should work fine.

My best guess is that somewhere in data 5 I might've translated "信仰" as Faith, and then for some completely inexplicable reason this causes everything to fuck up? God I hate working with this game.

« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2016, 01:57:51 AM »
In my case, unpacking is successful. But Korean letters are not printed. I think it's kind of font problem, and I cannot handle it. As BlitzBlast said, it is .exe related...
I meaning i can't unpack the dat file.
I can fix printing korean problem myself (I think)
Anyway, I think the reasom of disable to unpack file is problem of my compiler(or not)
So (If you can) can you send me the unpack/repack file in compiled?

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2016, 06:20:32 PM »
I tested in both the sound test and actual gameplay, and didn't have any issues. Can you give more specific info? What chapter, what situation, what version of the patch, what version of the game, etc?
It happens whenever Tewi is in battle and in the soundtest...
I'm playing 1.1.2, with the latest version of the patch.
Mwahahahahha!

FMW3 update 1.0.0 - 1.0.1 can't find it pls help
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2016, 04:47:14 AM »
I checked their website, 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 isn't there. Anyone have the update for fmw 3

Re: FMW3 update 1.0.0 - 1.0.1 can't find it pls help
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2016, 12:28:25 PM »
What exactly is the problem with the stuff that was left untranslated in FMW P?

I checked their website, 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 isn't there. Anyone have the update for fmw 3

http://www.sanbondo.net/gsw03/download.html

Should be this:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 01:09:10 PM by Helepolis »

The 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 problem
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2016, 12:26:39 PM »
it wasnt there it just gives me the 1.0.1 to 1.1.2.... doess have the link for the 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 udm file or if someone has it in their pc can you upload it somewhere i could download it?

« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2016, 08:36:29 PM »
Soooooo... for some reason, the 0.5 english patch of this feezes the game after the opening "map" (the scripted one, starting with Reimu fighting Yukari and ending with Sanae talking). After the fade to black at the end of the scene, the whole game just freezes up. It seems to be loading the next scene, but I had it running for a half an hour without any change. Tried it 3 times with the same result.

Running 1.1.2 this time, works fine without the english patch. I tried switching back to the japanese version, quick saving on the actual first map, then loading the quick save with the english patch, but the same freeze happens if I try that.

This happens whether I load data from FMWP or start a brand new game.

Sometimes, but not always, I'll get a little box that says "ChatID: 1 in ChatList_35Common not found" at that point.
Other times, again not always, when the game itself is starting up I'll get a message that says "failed to create font spr: font_rodin_##.fnt" where ## could be a couple different things. This hasn't occured alongside a game crash yet though.

EDIT: Sorry, the font thing isn't an issue with the patch, occurs with the japanese data5 as well. The other issues occur only with the patch though.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:00:15 AM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

NVM sorry about that
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2016, 10:50:40 AM »
No wonder it wouldnt update i put the eng patch first.. sorry about that