Author Topic: Ido thread: 東方真珠島 ~ Hollow Song of Birds  (Read 100977 times)

Re: トライフォーカサー - Photo game from TLC/MPP/RSS team
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2018, 04:08:44 AM »
So they've removed the Rainbow, White and Black color options? Not really surprised considering how clustered the mechanics would be, but playing without the option of bombing seemed kinda interesting.
I see the white crystals are autocollected within the focused circle range, but what does bombing do to the crystals?
...and what's that super bomb thing at the final stage 3 spell?
Bombing turns 'em into colored crystals which are uhhh, worth more score and super-gauge increase I think? edit: regular crystals fill the bomb gauge, colored crystals are worth way more score + increase the item value. (which is useful bc extra lives come from score this time around.) also more super-gauge increase
I was focusing on the gameplay rather than the text on my first viewing, I'll post a TL of the more detailed explanation in a while once I finish watching again

The super bomb is, well, a super bomb? You can use it when the gauge on the right is all the way filled (from scooping up crystals)

(Also the video's using a debug command to show off all the types in one playthrough, in case anyone wondered)

e: oh no i pagesniped. i seem to have a bad habit of doing that

Red: Shot and bomb inflict burns on enemies. Bomb has average area and power.
Orange: Shoots homing lasers by grazing, but regular shot is weaker. Bomb is small, but high-power.
Yellow: Additional options + bomb gauge increases faster. Bomb has average area and power.
Green: Gradual movement speed increase + large item radius. Bomb has average area and power, and follows the player's position.
Aqua: Shot and bomb do splash damage. Bomb is large, but low-power.
Blue: Shot and bomb freeze enemies. Bomb has average area and low power.
Violet: Yukari's SA warp. Bomb has huge area and medium power + grants a barrier.

Regular grey crystals fill the bomb gauge; bombing turns them into colored crystals, which greatly increase score value + the super gauge. Focusing lets you vaccum up crystals easily. (Conversely, staying unfocused lets you build up a lot of crystals on-screen and turn them colored all at once with a bomb.) Lives are gained via score. Hitting C with the super gauge filled will activate a super-bomb that converts all bullets into colored crystals +doesn't use up any regular bombs and doesn't result in failed Spell Cards(!).

Stage 1 boss is Ranran Higami, a hihi (狒々/monkey youkai) (not to be confused with actual baboons/ヒヒ). She's a pretty violent youkai by nature, but has mellowed out thanks to a certain ~*mystery priest's*~ teachings and runs a dye shop in the Human Village. Rando Youkai #1, affiliated with the priest's youkai gang.

Stage 2 boss is Chii Shirobakama, a toothpick tsukumogami. She's super tiny, but can make clones by putting her spirit into other toothpicks that she makes. Rando Youkai #2, also affiliated with a youkai gang. Very passionate about toothpick sales and is considered the gang's adorable widdle mascot. (also her final spell is a Charlie & the Chocolate Factory pun lmao)
e: Based on the folk tale Chiichii Kobakama, wherein a samurai's wife is harangued by obnoxious little samurai sprites created from her lazily-discarded toothpicks.

Stage 3 boss is Hikariko Aosagi, an aosagibi (blue heron fire) who lives in the Giant Toad's Pond. A wallflower (and chuunibyou) who communicates mainly through Twitter Chirper. Rando Youkai #3, likewise affiliated with a youkai gang. Is also one of the members who's closer to the ~*mystery priest*~ at the gang's top. Coordinates with bird youkai and other group members via the kappa phone she received from the priest.

BGM:
1. ?
2. 沈黙の春景 / Silent Spring Scenery
3. スカーレットランラン / Scarlet Ranran
4. 末法の夜は来たれり / The Night of the Degenerate Age Cometh
5. ちいちい墓場へご招待! / Welcome to the Eensy-Chiinsy Graveyard!
6. ロータスメイズ / Lotus Maze
7. 気高き翠の灰被姫(シンデレラ) / The Noble Green Cinderella
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 06:20:10 AM by gilde »

« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2018, 11:40:03 AM »
Thanks for the translations gilde and I agree with most of what KaiserKnuckles has said. Man I know have to wait 7 hours for the demo link, but it's already killing me. I honestly don't mind gimmicky spellcards all that much, quite the opposite and they make the game for me most of the time ((and it's also why waiting for the Promised Mystery of Moisture fangame is going to be the death of me))

I feel like the ongoing theme of this game is going to be "Modernization". Ranran being originally a wild animal, is now a bit more civil artist with brush in hand and headphones on her head. There's Chii with their references as well and Hikariko is a youkai bird that can communicate mainly through Twitter. Also at the end of the video was can see a sillhoutte of what looks like a final boss which seems to be holding something square - a camera? Aya's the final boss?!

I also have two theories about white, black and rainbow options. Either yes, they are unlockable later or they are for Extra Stage only (we HSiFS bois). So far the stage 3 seems like most interesting one though for some reason these devs always seem to make stage 3 their highlight with the pattern design. I also like how they're placing alerts where the enemies will spawn soon so we can avoid cheap deaths when playing blind/after not playing for a long while.

E: also Anmita (the graphic artist from BoSM and also being one again) released clean images of new bosses if anyone is interested. Also tiny comment, I know not everyone is fond of Anmita's style compared to artist's from previous ido games, but I feel like they're perfect match at least for this one. Outside of how pretty their character design looks and the fact that she is very good with face expressions Imo. Although it's weird, I've thought C@1aM!ty would be doing boss artworks, but they've only done so for playable characters and well... they don't mesh all too well.

E2: Hollow Song of Birds huh? Maybe the idea of tengu being final boss isn't so far off? Also I feel like Hikariko is either going to be a stage 5 or extra stage midboss.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 01:12:53 PM by Popcioslav »
No.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2018, 08:31:04 PM »
Stage 3 boss is Hikariko Aosagi, an aosagibi (blue heron fire) who lives in the Giant Toad's Pond. A wallflower (and chuunibyou) who communicates mainly through Twitter Chirper. Rando Youkai #3, likewise affiliated with a youkai gang. Is also one of the members who's closer to the ~*mystery priest*~ at the gang's top. Coordinates with bird youkai and other group members via the kappa phone she received from the priest.

Wait, she's a aosagibi? I thought she was a will-o'-wisp or a ghost (of communications). Hikariko is also a pretty lame name tbh...

On another note, it amazes me how much fan art is made of the bosses on Twitter and Pixiv for these fan games. Especially for the tengu gal from MPP.

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2018, 08:57:24 PM »
On another note, it amazes me how much fan art is made of the bosses on Twitter and Pixiv for these fan games. Especially for the tengu gal from MPP.
Well, they're really good characters. And Tenmu is one of the most popular ones.

« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2018, 11:23:58 PM »
It's out!

Will post my thoughts soonish~
No.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2018, 12:25:26 AM »
Jesus those load screens are unoptimized.

Also,
Spoiler:
press up or down on the color selection screen for White and Black. Not sure about rainbow.

e: Also, remember what I said about Ranran's first spell being only a tiny bit gimmicky? Yeah, well, on H/L she appears on the bottom and FOLLOWS YOUR Y-POSITION to the top. Oh shit.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 12:38:39 AM by KaiserKnuckle »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2018, 02:47:22 AM »
Graze subweapon seems kinda overpowered.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2018, 03:23:00 AM »
Trial LNN 1cc video

Pretty great game so far. I'm a particular fan of that stage 2 boss.

Spoiler:
wtf is up with the subterranean sun reference though?? It seems so weird and out of place

« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2018, 03:43:14 AM »
Spoiler:
wtf is up with the subterranean sun reference though?? It seems so weird and out of place

Spoiler:
Her pre-spell dialogue suggests that she's long-distance Twitter mutuals with tons of fellow bird youkai and she's copying it from Utsuho's feed lol

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2018, 11:03:28 AM »
So I gave normal mode of this new game a couple shots with Reimu (Red for first run, Black for second)~

From what I can tell, Black is pretty much the game's Legacy Mode (kinda weird to hide it behind a "secret" command tho, but oh well). Not entirely sure what White does (aside from omitting the super bomb gauge like Black), but I'm assuming it's the same as in that description a page or two back (Suika autocollect + 1.5x power shot)?

Also,
Spoiler:
I'm glad Hikariko's last spell doesn't have the gravity effect of the original.
  :V
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

Enko

• Spirit flying to anywhere
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2018, 01:40:52 PM »
Spoiler:
Not sure about rainbow.

Spoiler:
From the codes it seems that Rainbow will be available in Extra Mode

And
Spoiler:
Kaguya's name is shown in the pattern for Player Data Scene using
Need help with C# DX developing.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2018, 03:53:02 PM »
Anyone got a clue what the little gauge it shows next to each chapter with the one green bar is supposed to be? Everything else I think I get, but that's the one thing I don't.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Gregory

• I draw stuffs
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2018, 04:12:46 PM »
Anyone got a clue what the little gauge it shows next to each chapter with the one green bar is supposed to be? Everything else I think I get, but that's the one thing I don't.

It's tracking your history route/chapter if you bombed or died last time, it will give you a warning ahead to remind you

« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »
Okay so now that I've taken my time with the game get ready for a wall y'all

K, for starters The Plot:

The idea of flow of time disappearing is kind of a cool one. Not sure how Reimu and Marisa were able to realize it since they also should be affected by time, but alright! Again I'm really curious to see what we will get this time since we've only had like space/star/religion/nature themed Touhou games lately and I'm curious to see how they will make one involving time, social media and technology work.  I'm mainly intrigued to see Sakuya's side of story since she seems to have changed a bit since TLC?/DDC?

The System and the Playables:

As gilde said before the game does take a big spin on Touhou formula. Much like in all previous Kaisendo works, all characters have max. power from the get go. There is also no point of collection this time, however if you focus you will create a large circle that works like point of collection instead. Anyways onto characters...
Yay, Sakuya's back! Been a while girl and she's actually pretty decent. And since it's not official game - hey Marisa is also loads of fun! Though if I might be honest I kind of feel like the main characters might be too similar to each other? It's not really an issue since A) most differences will come from gems and B)
Spoiler:
That makes a lot of sense and I hope this will turn out true! Now that I think about HSoB's plot does sound a bit like IN's from the concept so if she might become a surprise playable character my opinion on the game might jump even higher.

Balance wise all of the characters seem roughly on equal ground, Reimu might be a bit too good for the trial since she makes stage 2 (the hardest one) much more trivial.

We are the Crystal Gems, we're gonna' save the balance:

I don't know what's with these devs and trying to outdo ZUN, but HSoB trial kind of just feels like a more varied HSiFS and yet in reverse. Much like HSiFS you have sub-options this time in form of gems. What makes them special however is that the role of bombs and "releases" is kind of reversed. Binded to X key you have a "gem bomb" - every character has the same circular bomb, but they do change a lot depending on the gem you're using. Not just that these bombs have levels, the higher the level, the bigger the bomb and I think it does more damage? The level of bomb increases with the amount of bomb you have so the game does encourage grinding for them. Secondly binded to your C-key is your "Z bomb". It's you super powerful bomb that not only will probably clear every single attack it also doesn't ruin the capture bonus! However you can only use them when you fill out the gauge next to the bird on the right with enough crystals. Using "gem bombs" also turns projectiles and enemies into crystals so on certain patterns and with certain gems you can just keep farming both bomb types at the same time. Oh and one last thing, bombing into grey normal crystals flying through the ground gives them color and more value so sometimes it's actually a good idea to "bomb your reward".

sorry for the obvious talk and pretty much repeating gilde froms days ago, just saying it since I still see people asking what even are Z spells. Now onto listing gems and my quick opinion on them, however the game does encourage experimentation so if you find something you like even if I don't, just go for it.

Red/RWBY is pretty alright. As many of you know it inflicts burn on options and bombs. It's pretty fun, does a lot of damage and the visual indicator is good. It's probably above avarage although if it's your cup of tea, go for it! Saw Mino run with it using Reimu and it was pretty good. Especially good on stage 2.

Orange aka the broken one. It shoots homing lasers by grazing and appearently makes regular shot slightly weaker, but most of the time you won't notice a difference. The regular bomb is small, but high damage and turns enemies and bullets into even more crystals than usual I think? meaning you can just get in grazing position and spam your Z spell like madman. If it's your first time playing on hard or lunatic, just take orange, even if you don't plan on using bombs or z bombs. If the devs will balance any gem they should either tone down the projectile spam or instead make it so it you almost can't shot normally. As it is Orange gem already does inspire a lot of people to make Graze-only runs and it could become the most fun thing in this game yet!

Yellow/Topaz Gives you 2 more options (aka increases your dmg output by 50%) and increases your bomb gauge super quickly. The bomb is alright as gilde said. This one is overall great, it's not the orange gem since in the long run the orange gem and the red gem will do more damage, but this one doesn't have extra rules you need to follow. If in the final game you'll be having issues with later bosses on normal this could be great.

Green/Jade kind of reminds me of Autumn sub from HSiFS. Bomb follows you around and you get super speed increase with unfocus and increased item pick up radius. Edit: it actually does turn you INTO AYA mechanic wise, which is cool and makes me wish she was actually in the game. After playing with it, it seems to be the best one for scoring, especially coupled with Marisa. Also good for meme runs.

Teal/Torquise is a pretty cool gem. It's basically "I have no problem with bosses, but I need help with stages" makes me wish such thing was avaible in Len'en it does splash damage (get it? Splash damage? because it's blueish?) on enemies making all enemies disappear much faster and it also has a huge, but low power bomb.

Blue/Sapphire is my favorite one. Shottype and bomb gradually chills and then freezes enemies making them stop and not fire at all for a second + it deals bonus after damage from defrosting. The game is balanced around that with all bosses using familiars, but still it's such a fun gem. It also gives A LOT of weird results such as creating impossible gaps on Chii's last spell, but this is why I like it, there's a lot of potential with this one. Also just like Orange it does allow you to speed kill certain phases. I've done my first Lunatic run since a very long while with this one so I'm kind of happy?

Violet/Amethyst (oh my it really is SU) is another pretty creative one. As said before, it's border swap and the bomb grants a barrier/border. I've also had a lot of fun with this one and it's good for better survivability, although it doesn't have as many uses in the trial (a lot of spells cover the borders of the screen), but its worth it for the extra barrier imo.

And ye, just as KK said, by pressing up and down on gem selection screen you get:
Black/Onyx - as Kana mentioned, basically a Legacy mode. You have no access to Z spell, your gem bomb sucks, get ready to see either none or a lot 1cc run videos using this one. It's kind of boring really.

White - I've originally thought it was supposed to be the super ultra broken one... but it's basically just the Yellow gem without again access to the z spell, but the bomb is a freaking blast. Basically it's not a handicap, but it's for people not interested in Z spells or the game's mechanic, which is alright I suppose? I've thought it was supposed to have SA Suika autocollect, but appearently it doesn't? Kind of wish they changed this one, like you would start normally, but with each bomb you gain 1 option for a limited amount of time. That would be really interesting.

Spoiler:
Cool, thanks although this sounds both like a good thing and kind of meh. Good, because we might once again get an extra stage like in HSiFS where we need to utilize and play around our sub-shot. Meh, because with so many cool options in the main game it will suck if we can't use them again. Maybe if they made it so you need to beat extra stage once with rainbow gem you can play it with everything else?

The Game itself

I'll try to make it quick (i promise) - also play the game/trial first before reading this since it might be considered a spoiler

The stage 1 is really beautiful and chill. Probably my favorite one on all of the difficulties. What also makes it good is that is also works like a practice ground? Every single gem has its use there and you will probably know what each of them does by just playing the first stage (which makes my above explanation even more pointless). "Silent Spring Scenery" is also a very welcoming chill song so props to wanwan on that, it's also pretty nicely timed with the midboss appearence of Ranran.

On Hard and above Ranran also gets a midboss spell. It's trivial on every difficulty, but it's nice to see the return of those (did Eternity and BoSM stage 1 bosses had those? I don't remember). Oh and yeah, Ranran - still my favorite boss and OC in this game. I'm not sure if people have noticed this, but she has ヒ (hi) symbol on her headphones... and even in her eyes.  Hihihi.

Gotta' mention the changes in her fight between difficulties. her non spells are roughly the same with open gaps, although her first boss spell does indeed change a lot. She no longer hides on left or right side of the screen, but instead on the bottom side of the corner (Stage 1 boss Okina?) and starts following you around from there. In her second spell she seems to fire two of singular brush splashes (Easy-Normal) that are aimed at you. However on Hard and above she instead changes her patterns to firing duo of Quadlines you have to micro graze with red crystals spawning from her. It's actually a bit easier on Lunatic than on Hard imo and also on Hard the lines are blue for some reason instead? I don't get it.  (Edit: pro tip, try getting close enough and redirecting the shots so you can actually DESPAWN most of the barrages coming your way)

Stage 2 is considered the hardest stage in the demo but there is a safespot you can use to ignore like the half of the stage portion on top of the screen when the ying yang orbs spawn in (props to Mino again). Without it it's easy to get it cluttered. Also nice to see Myouren Temple come back. The stage part when Chii summons mini versions of herself is probably the easiest one, but it works more as a tutorial for how her fight will go I guess. Chii's nonspells are mostly the same across difficulties, it's just more reaction involved. In her first spell Hard and on she also first spawns an avalanche of red toothpicks you need to stream though and then she later stabs the player with 2 tootspears instead. Again, for some reason it seems easier on Lunatic than on Hard. On her second spell you always need to kill 7 of her clones, but on Lunatic they start firing super fast toothpicks that generally just act like lasers. Her last spell changes a lot from Normal to higher difficulties. The "gears" now slightly rotate to the left, giving the impression of the whole thing spinning. Also the clones now fire toothpicks instead every 10 seconds or so. Probably the hardest thing in the whole game currently, fun, but if you don't know on what to use your early Z Spell on and you don't do NBNS run, go for it.

Stage 3 is also beautiful, but it's pretty much just streaming from left to right for the most part. Also bubbles. Also Hikariko gains a midboss spell on Hard and above with sparrows turning blue globes into fireballs. Overall her boss battle seems to have most fun updates in between difficulties, mainly lunatic one. Her first spell on hard is a reference to "Shooting stars" of all things, on lunatic it seems to resemble that of Eirin's now, Her heart spell turns into one giant meme with "www"s flying around everywhere (I know it symbolizes laughter in japanese culture, but the niconico vibes are strong with this one) and somehow her prefinal spell is again... easier on Lunatic than hard (seems to be an ongoing thing with this game) because while the screen rotates just like Chii's last spell, there's generally much less stuff to dodge.

The Subterran Feed is alright I guess? It is her easiest spell, it has little to no updates between difficulties (outside of just more barrages) and it doesn't do anything special compared to the original. Someone suggested that it should change depending on the player character to different spells from birdlike characters in Touhou (Aya, Mystia, Hatate, Mokou?) and I think it's a great idea. Still just removing the part that made the spell hard doesn't already make it a good one for stage 3 boss I think.

So far, I've had fun with the trial, I was really afraid it would lag on my current PC, but nope it run really smoothly, I like the warning mechanic, I like the gem mechanic. Is it perfect? No. I feel like bosses and midbosses seem to have a very short and precise spellcard timers meaning you will hear the sound of time running out through most of the game - at least you can turn volume down a bit for it. Secondly I'm not the biggest fan of sprites so far, they all seem to have weird sizes and all, but that's just a nitpick (I feel like Ranran being a huge monkey is a meme at this point). Also the game is full of cheese, but than again, what Touhou game isn't?

That's all from me... for now. Also is it just me or shouldn't we get a separate thread for this or at least change the title now? Oh well.

EDIT: Okay so this is interesting. ANMITA the graphic designer behind boss sprites has drawn Sakuya from HoSB in their style, meanwhile the one who made artwork for playable characters made Ranran artwork. Are we possibly getting a first game where we can choose between two artstyles or something? That would be freaking amazing. If not, this is still a pretty neat art exchange.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:14:35 PM by Popcioslav »
No.

« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2018, 10:33:31 PM »
hahAAA this marks the first milka-written game where i've actually figured out who the final boss is just based on info from the demo stageeeees ahahahahaaaaaa

also i really really hope the stage 4 or 5 boss has a spell that varies based on your sub-weapon, it's a golden opportunity for that

Spoiler:

And
Spoiler:
:o omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

It's tracking your history route/chapter if you bombed or died last time, it will give you a warning ahead to remind you
oh lol no Wonder i got maximum warning level on chii's second nonspell of all things

« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2018, 10:42:25 PM »
hahAAA this marks the first milka-written game where i've actually figured out who the final boss is just based on info from the demo stageeeees ahahahahaaaaaa

also i really really hope the stage 4 or 5 boss has a spell that varies based on your sub-weapon, it's a golden opportunity for that

omg dare to spoil? or at least give a tip? I remember how back in RSS I thought we were actually going to get Cthulhu as a final boss, good times...

also the idea of having a boss being based around the sub-weapon could be nice, but really hard to make with so many sub-weapons, but if they do that I really hope they somehow either tie in gem effects or are made specifically so your effect can't be abused (With the splash damage one you will get a boss fight with loads of familiars you can kill off or instead it has none. With Orange one twe could have a lot to graze, but the boss separates themself from the player by big margin etc.)

Maybe a jeweler or something?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:44:24 PM by Popcioslav »
No.

« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2018, 11:59:49 PM »
omg dare to spoil? or at least give a tip? I remember how back in RSS I thought we were actually going to get Cthulhu as a final boss, good times...

it took a nicovideo comment saying "the bosses are all
Spoiler:
youkai from niigata prefecture
" and a tweet from an art team member comparing the relative difficulty of predicting each game's final boss for me to actually realize the connection but:

• Spoiler:
    the bosses all mention a 上人さま (Buddhist priest) that they're in cahoots with
  • Spoiler:
    also the Age of Dharma Decline being referenced in the stage 2 theme title
  • Spoiler:
    the silhouette at the end of the video has text saying "namu-amida-butsu, it seems that without their reliance on superstitions such as science, humans cannot hope to compete with us youkai!"
  • Spoiler:
    the bosses are all youkai from Niigata Prefecture (formerly Echigo Province + Sado island) --> Echigo is where the priest Shinran was exiled to!!
  • Spoiler:
    shinran is the founder of the Joudo Shinshuu (浄土真宗) school of Buddhism, "shinshuu/真宗" is a close match for "shinju/真珠" as in the game's title!!
  • Spoiler:
    the prologue's foreshadowy lines this time around mention "a strange device reading out mysterious letters" and the final boss lady "singing a song" --> the practice of reciting the nembutsu was one of shinran's Big Things
  • Spoiler:
    he done got the kanji for 'bird' in his name even!! --> 親鸞

IT'S TOTALLY
Spoiler:
SHINRAN
BABEY!!! might not be Specifically stage 6  but definitely a match for the youkai gang's mystery boss

(pepe_silvia.jpg)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2018, 06:24:30 PM »
Does bigger level bombs really become larger? The in-game manual just says colored crystals are worth more points if bomb level is higher; and I haven't really felt that the bomb radius got larger.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2018, 06:39:10 PM »
There's a definite difference in radius between levels 2 and 3, I could see that much. Haven't tried every level of bomb possible but there are definite breakpoints at which it has a higher size/effect. Though of course it depends on what type you're using. For green it seems like it's moreso duration than radius, etc.

EDIT: Oh, also, the title theme, since that was not listed in the video, is 幻想郷の一番長い日, or "Gensokyo's Longest Day," which upon doing some research, seems to possibly be a reference to The Emperor in August, or Japan's Longest Day.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:50:32 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2018, 08:46:53 PM »
Ok yeah I went in practice mode and spammed some bombs and there's definitely a difference.

Enko

• Spirit flying to anywhere
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2018, 05:39:39 AM »
HSoB's item system is interesting.No Score items,but "Time Crystal"(時間結晶)items only to increase score and gauges,and no Item Border Line,use focus key to expand a circle to collect the crystal items.
The colorless crystals will increase Bomb and Z Spell gauge slightly,of course it will add score.
But if you use the bomb,some colored crystals will come out,they will much more increase scores (related to lives) and Z spell gauge,but have no effect with bomb gauge.Yes,no effect with bomb gauge,so be sure to shoot as usual!
About the Z spell called "禁呪返し" in Japanese,it may means "Forbidden Spell Reproduce" or something like that.

Btw,did anyone know something about the bird appeared in splash screen and gaming frame?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:04:11 PM by Enko »
Need help with C# DX developing.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2018, 04:22:33 PM »
New TriFocuser Exhibition goodness. I haven't played it for myself so I can't describe anything about it, but Ruri's spell does look kinda cool.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2018, 12:13:52 AM »
Damn, that Ruri scene is wacky. A couple of oddities / details I?ve discovered:

Ex-Marry gets destroyed by Momiji because she is literally untouchable by the sheep danmaku.

And on Ex-Ruri, the death event seems to occur only if you?re in the cold laser thingy. If you have invulnerability frames from a higher-level charge attack and your meter runs out but you make it into the ?shade? in time, you live. But the meter doesn?t reappear or recharge, and you die the instant you leave the safe zone again.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2018, 06:22:12 PM »
Damn, that Ruri scene is wacky. A couple of oddities / details I?ve discovered:

Ex-Marry gets destroyed by Momiji because she is literally untouchable by the sheep danmaku.

And on Ex-Ruri, the death event seems to occur only if you?re in the cold laser thingy. If you have invulnerability frames from a higher-level charge attack and your meter runs out but you make it into the ?shade? in time, you live. But the meter doesn?t reappear or recharge, and you die the instant you leave the safe zone again.
That happened a few times with me and I think the meter still worked like normal, it's just not shown.

« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2018, 10:31:36 PM »
So... I think one of the artist just teased the stage 4 bosses?

I'm intrigued now, are they going to release the stage 4 demo like the BoSM one this time too or the stages up to 6th one are mostly completed now?
No.

« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2018, 11:47:22 PM »
Oh man!  New news about this fangame is always good news.  While any new content is good, I -am- hoping we get a full release rather than only a stage 4, but hey, anything goes.

(We really need to make a new thread for HSoB instead of using the Tri Focuser one!)

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
Ido thread: 東方真珠島 ~ Hollow Song of Birds
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2018, 04:23:52 PM »
New announcements for Hollow Song of Birds! I repeat; New announcements for Hollow Song of Birds!

An updated demo(?) will be shown on October 14th, which will feature
Spoiler:
secret Z-Spells for the bosses
, amongst other things.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Ido thread: 東方真珠島 ~ Hollow Song of Birds
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2018, 04:33:48 AM »
New announcements for Hollow Song of Birds! I repeat; New announcements for Hollow Song of Birds!

An updated demo(?) will be shown on October 14th, which will feature
Spoiler:
secret Z-Spells for the bosses
, amongst other things.

Emphasis on "shown", not "released": Mace's Secret Base is gonna have a booth at Reitaisai's Touhou fangame demo corner featuring playable copies of all the games from Kaisendo-et.-al. HSoB in particular will include
Spoiler:
the Last Spells
(which will require a certain condition to be met in the full version, but are on by default in the Reitaisai demo).
Spoiler:
also they're specifically called "Super-Z" Last Words bc the player's Z-Spells are disabled during them lol

also the little arcade machine-style instruction poster is adorable and i love it

e: thread title changed finallyyyy. (is it good if i do it like this??)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 04:44:20 AM by gilde »

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2018, 10:23:03 AM »
Is it really okay to hijack the TriFocuser thread like this? If we're doing this then we should at least make the top post a summary of all the idogames with relevant information.
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2018, 05:08:18 PM »
Is it really okay to hijack the TriFocuser thread like this? If we're doing this then we should at least make the top post a summary of all the idogames with relevant information.

That would make sense, yeah. I know that's what the Len'en thread has done. Gilde is OP though, so that's up to him.

(I just felt like changing the thread name woukd make sense like that since HSoB is what the current topic is, and the title WOULD'VE been "トライフォーカサー ~ Outside the Traditional World & 東方真珠島 ~ Hollow Song of Birds" but the name was too long :V)
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░