Author Topic: Rune guardians 5 - Crawlers 0 GAME OVER  (Read 41093 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Crawl Mafia Day 1
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2009, 12:27:21 AM »
So basically we can sort of assume this game is a race against time - the longer we take to lynch people, the further the characters get into the dungeon and the more likely they are to die. Presumably the Rune Guardians are exempt from this rule, but I dunno.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2009, 12:28:16 AM »
The votecount appears to have been reset.

##vote wrathie

See this for details.  His latest RAGE post does nothing to help matters, either.

That post does not allow me to defend if you are using Mafia terms i am NOT familiar with.

Screw it, what the hell is RvS vote and IIoA...

YOU ARE PUSHING THE RIGHT BUTTONS GETTING ME WANT TO KICK YOU SORRY ASS DAMNIT. WHERE IS YOUR VOTE ON ME IF I AM SCUMMY.

DO IT AND STOP WUSSING AROUND IF YOU THINK I AM SCUM DAMNIT

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2009, 12:45:18 AM »
RVS - Random Voting Stage

IIoA - Information Instead of Analysis

If that helps, Wrathie.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2009, 12:46:56 AM »
wrathie, the next time you decide to attack someone else personally, we shall permenantly modkill you from the game, not to mention possibly put you on the black list for some time.  There was no good reason for you to retaliate to such an extent.  Let this be a warning.

DLevel 9 Vote Count

Xan (3): Zakeri. Roukanken, wrathie
wrathie (2): Edible, Stuffman
Kiro (1): Nietz

Not voting: Kiro, Xan
With 8 players remaning, it takes 5 to lynch.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2009, 12:49:34 AM »
That doesn't help his inability to see my vote... twice.  Even when it showed up in the vote count.

Also:

:V At any rate, let's get to lynching someone before someone else bites it.  Should I resummarize my case against wrathie if it helps anyone make up their mind?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2009, 12:58:40 AM »
I am perfectly fine with hammering Xan if Edible or Kiro want to put their votes on him, but I would prefer wrathie because he has clearly lost his will to play.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2009, 01:00:04 AM »
wrathie, the next time you decide to attack someone else personally, we shall permenantly modkill you from the game, not to mention possibly put you on the black list for some time.  There was no good reason for you to retaliate to such an extent.  Let this be a warning.

That doesn't help his inability to see my vote... twice.  Even when it showed up in the vote count.

gah.. rage clouded my mind... and I'll remember that... i'm not coming back to mafia ever after this game, I'll double swear it.

RVS - Random Voting Stage

IIoA - Information Instead of Analysis

If that helps, Wrathie.

Thank you.

@wrathie: ...

Self-vote!
Murky statement!  Praying to UK!  Murky statement part two!  Useless statement!  Backpedal on an... RVS vote?  Conflicting explanation on backpedal vote!  IIoA!  IIoA!  IIoA! (fhtagn) 

Your linking to my profile.

A double feature: Apologies Galore and Makes Statements Without Explaining!

I just linked every single one of wrathie's posts in this topic except for one (in which wrathie asked for an extension).  All of them are either outright scummy or somewhat disturbing.  I don't even need to use policy to endorse wrathie's lynch today.

Care to explain what I am not explaining about, Edible?

Ninja'Ed By Stuff: True, i'm bursting a vein soon but that doesn't mean I won't fight till the end.

Edible

« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2009, 01:14:31 AM »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2009, 01:47:06 AM »
Thank you.

Self-vote!
Murky statement!
RVS
Praying to UK!
Praying to UK in particular is RVS but reason for praying was that I wanted to know what it would do anyway and since Stuff gave me the chance to do so, I took it.

Murky statement part two!
Useless statement! 
RVS: Must you drag up a case on Day1, Page 1 so aggressively?

Backpedal on an... RVS vote? 
Wait what? I declared myself being away thou..

Conflicting explanation on backpedal vote!
Conflicting explanation? I said it was during RVS and i'll stop now in the post... ... and answering Xan's question on why i was going for setup speculation by asking why did Xom reply of all the gods available.

IIoA!
Setup speculation.. interesting order by the way, Edible...

IIoA! 
Guilty as charged here

IIoA! (fhtagn) 
I don't see anything wrong about saying my views on that, is that a problem?

A double feature: Apologies Galore and Makes Statements Without Explaining!
[/quote]

I answered that one earlier..

ur case on me is mostly during RVS and on page 1... ... ... ... Tell me why you can utilize that.. besides meta.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2009, 01:54:22 AM »

DLevel 9 Vote Count

Xan (3): Zakeri. Roukanken, wrathie
wrathie (2): Edible, Stuffman
Kiro (1): Nietz

With 8 players remaning, it takes 5 to lynch.

Yeah wrathie, I'm the only one allowed to do that!

Edible

« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2009, 02:38:26 AM »
Ugh, stupid post-eating network.

@wrathie: Thank you for responding to every single link I made, but you've completely missed the purpose of the post.

There's no reason to dissect everything I linked, because I linked everything you had posted in the game up until that point, nearly three days after the game started.  RVS effectively ended when people started experimenting with game mechanics.  I'm not going to address all of your points, but some deserve elaboration:

This is you unvoting your self-vote.  Backpedaling a self-vote is odd enough due to the presence of the self-vote itself, but you were unvoting solely because it was getting you in trouble, and you didn't even attempt to replace it with another, non-self vote.  Immediately afterwards, this is you saying you unvoted because the joke vote stage was over, which runs completely contradictory to what you had said in the previous post.  :|

The overlying purpose of my anti-wrathie assault here was to point out that essentially everything you had posted up until that point contained something I viewed as at least somewhat scummy.  Since then, you've given us even more gems to work with.

You start to descend into AtE madness here, continue to do so here, and finally go completely over the top here, for instance.

And the cherry on top is your vote on Xan.  Normally I'd take this in stride because I can understand why anyone is voting Xan right now, but you just look like you're hopping on the fastest train out of don't-lynch-wrathie-Day-1-land.

##unvote wrathie
##vote wrathie

You are scum.  Day 2, pls.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2009, 02:54:53 AM »
OK, I'm going to sleep and the case on Kiro is not likely to go anywhere.

##Unvote
##Vote Xan

I don't wanna sit still until someone else gets grue'd, and I'm frankly fed up with the amount of lurk from him.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2009, 03:00:53 AM »
Following through on hammer. I really really hope people don't get killed during non-extension hours.

##Unvote
##Vote Xan

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2009, 03:20:09 AM »
This is you unvoting your self-vote.  Backpedaling a self-vote is odd enough due to the presence of the self-vote itself, but you were unvoting solely because it was getting you in trouble, and you didn't even attempt to replace it with another, non-self vote.  Immediately afterwards, this is you saying you unvoted because the joke vote stage was over, which runs completely contradictory to what you had said in the previous post.  :|

I see your pov here, much appreciated.
My first reply was in response to Kiro and the rest to stop screaming LYNCH me and it has halfsies going out of RVS and halfsies it was getting me to trouble anyway... Hopefully that cleared it up for you. I wanted to get out of RVS asap at that time, regardless of whether it was getting me into trouble. My remark at my later post was just to acknowledge that fact.

The overlying purpose of my anti-wrathie assault here was to point out that essentially everything you had posted up until that point contained something I viewed as at least somewhat scummy.  Since then, you've given us even more gems to work with.[/quote]

What is.. the points beside the one you said earlier..

You start to descend into AtE madness here, continue to do so here, and finally go completely over the top here, for instance.
I'll reply this when some1 tells me what is AtE again

And the cherry on top is your vote on Xan.  Normally I'd take this in stride because I can understand why anyone is voting Xan right now, but you just look like you're hopping on the fastest train out of don't-lynch-wrathie-Day-1-land.

##unvote wrathie
##vote wrathie

You are scum.  Day 2, pls.

I want something from Xan, it was my logical vote... and I want something from you about the other guys.
No qualms in switching vote to you, Edible... and I'm doing so.
I'd rather give Xan a chance to explain than anything else if he is not hammered

##unvote: Xan
##vote: Edible

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2009, 03:43:21 AM »
DLevel 10 Vote Count

Xan (5): Zakeri. Roukanken, wrathie, Nietz, Stuffman
wrathie (1): Edible, Stuffman
Kiro (0): Nietz

Xan was lynched.  He was town-aligned.  Apparently, while all (or maybe most of you) were starting to pelt him with spells, the he decided to use a deck of defence he gained earlier.  The good news is that he drew The Tomb, which surrounded him with 1-tile thick rock walls.  The bad news is that he had no scrolls of teleportation and no relevant transmutation spells.  Therefore, he had no means of escape.  And so Xan starved to death, which explains his lack of presence. 

Wrathie's unvote didn't work because Stuffman already hammered.

487 Xan the Nimble (level 5, 0/25 HPs)
             Began as a Spriggan Transmuter on June 4, 2009.
             Was a Plaything of Xom.
             Starved to death
             ... on Level 10 of the Dungeon on June 8, 2009.
             The game lasted 00:29:04 (6844 turns).

Xan the Nimble (Spriggan Transmuter)             Turns: 6844, Time: 00:29:08

HP   0/25        AC  0     Str  6 (8)  Exp: 5/344 (0), need: 6
MP  15/15        EV  4     Int 16      God: Xom
Gold 247         SH  0     Dex 16      Spells:  3 memorised,  4 levels left

Best Crawlers
1. 1336SerpentariusNaHe-8slain by a orc wizard (D:8)
2. 487XanSpTr-5starved to death (D:10)

Day two starts, since this setup follows a night-less setup.  Votecount is reset. 

7 players left, 4 to lynch.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 06:08:22 AM by Pesco47 »

Edible

« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2009, 03:47:57 AM »
... No NK?  Or was it prevented or something?

Whatever, not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

At any rate, back to wrathie we go.

##vote wrathie

Edible

« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2009, 03:49:49 AM »
EBWOP: Xan's flip tells me, more than anything, that my guess about wrathie's jump on Xan's train was on the ball.  The fact that he tried to jump off it and OMGUS me after the hammer really makes me feel even better about this~

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2009, 03:51:13 AM »
... No NK?  Or was it prevented or something?

Well, since this is a nightless setup, scum kills happen during the day.  Obviously, there would be certain limitations for the rate at which scum can kill, but yeah.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2009, 03:58:07 AM »
Geez...

I would put my vote right back on wrathie but then he'd be at L-2 and that makes me very nervous because in the event that he is actually just a really awful town the two remaining scum can lynch him.

Now is an excellent time for me to ##Pray.

Also the terrifying notion that the majority of us are going to die in the same way that Serp did, rather than from scum kills, is lurking in the back of my mind. And it would completely hose my plan.

Beogh is exalted by your worship
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:23:04 AM by Pesco47 »

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2009, 04:02:52 AM »
Note that Serp may or may not have been scum-killed.  Scum-kills happen in the day after all.  Also, flavour is flavour.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2009, 04:20:19 AM »
Note that Serp may or may not have been scum-killed.  Scum-kills happen in the day after all.  Also, flavour is flavour.

*Nothing about my prayer*

I'm going to bed. I need to think.

Edible

« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2009, 04:32:47 AM »
Note that Serp may or may not have been scum-killed.

fffffffffffffffffffffffff

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2009, 04:35:21 AM »
my vote stays on Edible... i'm for waiting for the guys to return

##vote: edible

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2009, 05:19:16 AM »
Ok... so Serp died 4 hours after deadline? So we can probably assume at least 72 hours for each Scum kill given the Nightless setup. However, with the untimed extension having taken place, and about 8 hours passing before the hammer, we can assume Scum have the chance to kill again 8 hours before this next Day is over? So our Day is technically 64 hours now for us to lynch before Scum strike.

Question to Mods: If the Day had actually ended with No Lynch, what would have happened? The lack of a deadline for the Extension is a rather unusual game mechanic with a potentially different result from having the Day just end with No Lynch.

On to Day 2 approaches:

The wrathie case kind of went nowhere since he decided to drop the Stuffman case for one Day which I feel reflects better on him. The case to Xan looks like a null tell since everyone went for Xan, who didn't even get off a last word. It's essentially back to him being non-contributive, but he had thoughts about him and seemingly on Edible now. Who would your second choice be though?

Consequently, I think Edible pinged higher for me due to all this. Edible's case on wrathie deals with a lot of actions that he says are scummy. But I don't think it's a super conclusively scummy deal. wrathie floundering around with his early statements seems to be your main gripe, but the later stuff is passable for me. Also, your #166 about wrathie jumping onto you doesn't make sense to me as reinforcement for his scumminess. Looks more like a quick footnote that is rather unsubstantiated and it jumped out at me. Finally, who's your second choice of Scum?

Also, since the case on Xan is gone and negative, let's see what Zakeri thinks now. Since it can't be only wrathie, who is his second choice?

As for Nietz,

Except that I didn't lay any bait and in fact I was surprised that anyone would take a very early joke vote seriously. And it is definitely very different to simply make a policy remark about self-votes and to call someone on the reasons for doing so when I could as well just remain silent or dismissive and let wrathie take the biggest heat from it like he was.
So it irks you that I applied the same standard for everyone? I bet that if I had accused only you, you would be calling me "selective" now.

If it was only me, I probably would have ignored it because your statement would have been warranted due to my vote. The fact you wanted to finger Roukan as well is what triggered my attack on you, because I felt it was a lazy man's approach and a possible scumtell. So yes, in a way, it irks me that you applied the same standard to "everyone who commented about your jokevote" because the only person to really take it seriously enough to vote you was me. You had no direct reason to go after Rou and you've never provided one. You should also note that while I was not happy with wrathie's self vote either (I prioritized him over you in #38), it's not like I was doing any hard pushing against either of you then. It was only after your #51 that I went pretty heavy on you. Once again, you're ignoring the reason WHY I think you're scummy.

Also, that's a curious way of twisting my words, since my point was that I didn't like people trying to look like making an effort without really doing so.
"your little ploy" is also a curious choice of words, as apparently you decided to imply that from the first post I had a scum masterplan to publicly mislynch pro-town players, though I can only wonder about how effective or useful that would be for scum.   
So now you're saying you want to lynch me not for being scummy, but for not agreeing with you?

"Your little ploy" is personal bias kicking in and a poor choice of words on my part. I wouldn't call it a master plan to mislynch, but just to draw suspicion upon those pro-town players unnecessarily. Sure, you can have a personal opinion that someone is trying too hard, but you seem to make this statement too early for it to mean anything, just churning the waters.

And to clarify my own views, I still think I read Nietz' statement as a scumtell and he's my first. Otherwise, I'm a bit conflicted between Edible (who had the quick jump onto wrathie both days) and wrathie. The fact that wrathie highlighted that Edible is going off all his early stuff and less on his more recent contributions is a decent observation.

##Vote Nietz

Cut by Affinity: So... no mod confirmation on the kill. If that kill were strictly due to just the Extension, then where's the actual Scum kill? Unless it happens soon, I'd peg it as just their kill according to the proper time elapsing.

The dungeons are a dangerous place, people die all the time. Yeah flavour is just flavour. You should be able to tell who got killed and who got lynched.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:26:23 AM by Pesco47 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2009, 05:33:03 AM »
Lair of Beasts Vote Count

Wrathie (1): Edible
Edible (1): Wrathie
Nietz (1): Kiro

Not voting: Roukanken, Nietz, Zakeri, Stuffman
With 7 players remaning, it takes 4 to lynch.

No Lynch is for crawlers with no spine.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »
So yes, in a way, it irks me that you applied the same standard to "everyone who commented about your jokevote" because the only person to really take it seriously enough to vote you was me. You had no direct reason to go after Rou and you've never provided one.
Word-twisting again. I never said I was complaining of people who commented my vote, but for anyone who made remarks about self-voters as a possible way of looking pro-town.  And I don't see you could it possibly be better to just ignore any opinion that doesn't come with octothorpe, so of course I addressed Rou as well.

You should also note that while I was not happy with wrathie's self vote either (I prioritized him over you in #38), it's not like I was doing any hard pushing against either of you then. It was only after your #51 that I went pretty heavy on you. Once again, you're ignoring the reason WHY I think you're scummy.
Which is exactly WHY I think you're scummy, for making an inconsequential policy remark and then trying to brush it away until I press you about it.

So, it's pretty much the same situation as before.
##Vote Kiro

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2009, 12:38:20 PM »
@Kiro: Right now I behind Edible is Stuffman, him hammering Xan makes me feel he is scummy.. just a bad vibe and on to the 'crackpot theory'TM

I still do not buy Stuffman's claim, and Serp's sudden death smells of ScumKill more than pesco screwing around again and when we weigh those two who have received a rolepm or has claimed about an ability, it is Stuff Vs Rou.

Rou has a much stronger pro-town look about him that Stuff and it could be that he was the one who took out Serp.
Hammering on Xan seems a little opportunistic to me. Want an answer on stuff why he hammered beside him lurking and... we neglected to asked the mods to prod Xan anyway

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2009, 02:00:22 PM »
Xan was not a poor choice for a lynch. There's a reason five people voted for him. He was being a huge lurker. I was being quick about it because I had reason to believe more people were going to die quickly while we were under extension and that we needed to finish the day ASAP (incidentally, it would've soon been another four hours since original deadline). Besides, I stated intent to hammer if anyone changed their vote, so it shouldn't have been a surprise.

Now, obviously this setup is nothing like I expected which means my plan has bombed and the pseudoclaim was a huge waste of time. I was expecting a twilight phase, and apparently so was everyone else because nobody pointed this out as a potential flaw in the plan. If that's the case, there are obviously no doctors or watchers or whatever to help me, so if Serp's death was in fact a scum kill I have to wonder why I wasn't a target instead. Maybe they expect me to get lynched before I can do anything. Maybe they did it just to mock me, going, "ha ha, that fool Stuffman, thinking he's got us right where he wants us! He knows nothing of the mechanics of this game!"

>:|

It is worth pointing out that if we mislynch today we'll be in lylo tomorrow with two scum and somebody might get killed during it before we even get the chance to pick a lynch target. Outlook for this game is not good.

I'm still inclined to vote wrathie but my newfound paranoia is making me think that I'm just trying to take the easy way out by doing it. There's not much margin for what is partially a policy vote right now.

Kiro and Nietz are still going at it which makes me grind my teeth and the worry that one or both are scum and are trying to stall the game hangs in the back of my head.

Edible was also inactive for much of yesterday and he has not looked at anyone besides wrathie. This is bad and it makes me feel bad.

Rou isn't really raising much suspicion on my part but he certainly needs to start posting more of substance. Let us know what's going through your head right now.

Zakeri I'm pretty sure is town.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

Re: Crawl Mafia Day 2
« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2009, 04:01:15 PM »
Well okay... You look better than Edible anyway...

Serp should be a scum daykill by now..

Lylo is definitely going to be after this lynch...

Regarding the Kiro and Nietz

Both of you feel like townie vs townie to me, it'll be better if more input can be shared on the other players as well... we are probably playing into scum's game if we focus on just one person.

* wrathie coughs

Edible...

* wrathie coughs

Rou has a town vibe, what with his scum hunting but he has mellowed a little, not as aggressive and seem willing to wait for more input this round... I dont know, might be just the timezone difference that is making it feel this way.

Zakeri needs to exist now that Xan is gone, who else is scum.

Edible

Re: Crawl Mafia Day 2
« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2009, 04:11:20 PM »
*crawls out of bed*

I have a tendency to tunnel on someone Day 1 (in fact, I'm having trouble thinking of a game where I didn't tunnel on Day 1).  I had to redouble my efforts when we all panicked after Serpentarius went to the big dungeon in the sky, and we wanted to wrap up Day 1 ASAP.  That meant spending more time making a case against wrathie, which was all the time I had.

It's now Day 2 and we have two flips to work with.  I won't waste any more time building a case against wrathie for now; he's scummy enough to me as it is, but we have some more time to analyze, so perhaps he'll redeem himself.

Kiro and Nietz always find a way to bounce off of each other.  It's kind of hilarious.  At first glance, I would place a little more suspicion on Nietz solely because he was on Xan's train, but I'll pick through their posts again later today to see if I find anything out of place.

Stuffman's fairly sketchy; hammering a townie does tend to do that.  I think it's about time you told us what this role of yours does (or is supposed to do) - your prayer seemed to have been viewed favorably, so I'd like to see some results or details soon.

Rou and Zak both deserve a reread, as they were both on Xan's train.  I'll get to that after I do Nietz and Kiro.

Ninja by wrathie.  Why are you voting me again?